Why does racebending live action characters trigger whites so much. The original Aryan character is still in the comics

Why does racebending live action characters trigger whites so much. The original Aryan character is still in the comics.

Did anyone have a problem with Idris Elba in this? I thought he was based.

Why do they have to steal white characters why can't they just make their own

I don't mind, but it's kind of hilarious that they race changed the god who's defining physical characteristic in myth was being white as fuck.
Then again, the Thor of myth is supposed to be a ginger, so whatever.

Who is "they"? And if you actually read comics and weren't a Sup Forums tard you would know new characters are always being created. Due to branding, none of them catch on.

>Still waiting for the return of Based Butterball

Does it count as stealing if whites give the roles away?

Eh atleast they're not triggered by characters being the right race.
That's some next level shit nonwhites pull.

HOL UP
*collects welfare*
SO YOUS BE SAYING
*robs liquor store*
YOUS BE SAYIN NOW
*pours some out for trayvon*
THAT WE WUZ VIKANG GODS AN SHEIT

I weird in some cases Elba is one of them, also the ancient or Mordo in Strange, I'm ok in secondary roles like the black Ben Urich wich is great or the mulatto night nurse in netflix even if she's horrible in Iron Fist

Even if 'they' made a new black character people would still complain about pandering.

just wait till we have the Black lives matters character just like the did with the black panters

Suuuuuuure they would.

>make their own
Because no one cares about entirely new characters.

You would too if they race bend Black panther or luke cage

Heck look at that gods of Egypt fiasco or iron fist
He was a miscast and waste of space

Why does not racebending live action characters trigger non-whites so much?

Are you really suggesting that whites aren't also on that bandwagon either?

Didn't whites also bitch about that though

If you are going to have someone practicing an Asian martial art, THEY SHOULD BE ASIAN

They made RAGE the BLM character.
To be fair, what's the fucking difference in making a new character and just raceswapping another character then making them barely like the character in the first place?
Like is Valkyrie really made more popular by being called Valkyrie? Would Luis suddenly have more popularity if he was named after some B-list Ant-man character instead?

>racebender
>tfw you keep thinking that's a power from Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra
goddammit

So JCVD, Chuck Norris, anyone who takes karate lessons as a kid, all racist?

Where do you fall on the fact that something called "Brazilian Jujitsu" exists?

Don't reply to the bait, you know which post I mean.

I agree, and if you're going to have someone practicing a European martial art, THEY SHOULD BE EUROPEAN.

>I am the greatest
Pfft, the greatest at cultural appropriation maybe

Are you being sarcastic?
Because if not that's just stupid.

Yes it's cultural appropriation

Yes, recognizable names go a long way

>trigger

it didnt trigger anyone as much a when Iron Fist, a white character, was played by a white guy did.

No, of all the black actors they could have picked I'm glad hey picked a good one.

Because (insert race here) culture is for (insert the same race mention before), and white characters are for all, black pharaohs, sure even if was only 3 nubians and the most relevant was white, the want a black Hannibal, yes why not even if he was Cartaginese blakc medieval knigths and things like that? sure they can do more of that, ancient Rome and Greece with blacks and things like that will be common in the next years

Why the fuck must you take such obvious bait?

>Eh atleast they're not triggered by characters being the right race.
I'm pretty sure there have been a couple of instances where an original nonwh
>they're
Wait, you're nonwhite, but also not nonwhite?

It happens both ways. People went to twitter to do a fuckload of bitching about "whitewashing" because Death Note's MC is white... and they all ignored that the white antagonist is now black.

You see it all the time on Sup Forums:

Existing black character gets pushed, people complain that there were white characters more deserving.

New black character gets created, Sup Forums whines about pandering.

Race swap a character Sup Forums whines about white genocide.

When it comes to minority characters,someone will get pissed off no matter what the writer does, so writers should just focus on writing the story they want to tell.

>comparing a unit of transmissible culture to the status of being a pre-medieval pagan god

You really must be a nigger if you're so stupid as to think these are equivalent.

>He didn't watch MTV's video where white peopleasked white people to be better white people

Nobody is triggered by black antagonists? D-did we finally make it?

Why is representation of minorities in fiction only important in white majority countries?
There are no SJWs in India complaining that Bollywood films have too many Indian actors.

Why the fuck would a comic creator who wants to make black characters try to cater to an audience who, according to you, hate black people? Robert Crumb decided to do comics his own way and got rich for it, do you think hardcore Marvel and DC fans were his audience?

if they complain about that could sound racist, but both are racist only that in their mind racist against white is good

They could complain about him being an antagonist. I've seen some anons make that complaint towards white villains.

I never said the audience hates black people. I was talking about Sup Forums.Sup Forums does not represent the opinions of all comic book fans.

Then why don't they just make new black characters? I'm sure Marvel isn't thinking 'Sup Forums will just complain about it so we'll race-bend instead'.

Because completely new characters don't sell.

Because white people are kind of retarded. I'm saying that as a white guy.
White people have made a fuckton of technological advancements and for a period of time were literally conquering the Earth. Now the glory days are over and the billions of people who outnumber us are starting to cry foul because our ancestors made them stop burning their widows at the stake. Instead of saying what's past is past, pointing out the technological advancements we left in exchange for our little power trip, and moving on, white people internalize this guilt for things they can't change and bend over backwards to try and "fix" things. Said fixing usually involves being condescending to whatever race they're trying to help.
>only Asians can do kung fu, that's your thing!
>black people are soooo cool, such amazing culture. BBC is real, right?
>what's a Mexican doing working at Panda Express? That's Asia's food, only Asians should work there!
I admit shit went badly for a lot of colonized places, but that's in the past. Let it go.
TLDR white people guilt is retarded and makes everything worse.

How do companies like Image manage to sell new characters consistently? Maybe its just that shitty new characters without the safety net of a legacy don't sell.

Why? nobody buy Champions? are you racist Sup Forums?

#woke

Well people are used to all black people being antagonists in real life so it sort of just didn't occur to them that the character changed, an antagonist suddenly being black is like a bird suddenly flying, it's expected even if you don't think about it specifically.

Well they have been told since birth that they are responsible for everything wrong in the world. Of course a lot of them are going to believe it and try to fix it by tearing down all the oppressive structures of white supremacy, aka civilisation.

>thinking quality is that important
Reminder King's Vision sold horribly

>ni**er

Reported

My problem is that he doesn't have a bigger role.

It's fucking Idris Elba. Nigga is a straight up superior actor to any of Marvel or DC's leads. Why is he in this tiny part? This is like getting Fassbender and dropping him in a single scene where he's not allowed to show any emotion.

Look I really love Elba in The Wire but Thor isn't the movie 4 fucking Idris Elba, neither the Dark Tower, if can't understand that lad, you have a problem

Fuck all to do with Idris Elba, it's to do with a black playing a Norse god.

Should've cast some Mexican or East L.A. up and comer kid so that they could've thrown in some Lucha shit as well, actually giving him a reason to wear a mask.

God I really wanted Lucha Iron Fist.

Yeah there was some bitching about it.
No where near as much now.
It was more, people thought it was weird that they cast someone black Heimdall but it wasn't anything like the "blackwashing" outrage we have these days

>Nigga is a straight up superior actor to any of Marvel or DC's leads.

Oh now that's nonsense, you cuckshit

>Why does racebending live action characters trigger whites so much.

I have a much bigger problem with Elba playing Roland Deschain.

I'm just kind of against unnecessary changes to characters, unless the changes don't have that big of an impact or improve the character.

Like in Riverdale, Veronica is Latina or whatever. She still looks just like I imagined Veronica would in a live action show. Her being not-white doesn't get in the way of the story or character, from what I see. (Admittedly I'm way behind on the show.) Plus all the characters are horrible anyway, so the race change can't do any harm.

The black Annie movie changed the character's iconic look, which I didn't like. I heard that she was made black because black kids are less likely to be adopted and would therefore be more relevant to her character. But they didn't really explore that enough to make the story interesting. It was an unnecessary change that didn't add anything.

Because it's straight up pandering, the only think making someone who was written as white be non-white is to score social justice brownie points.

It's idiotic of them too because In the Anime and Manga Light is CLEARLY at least half white. He's fucking ginger.

Oh, forgot to add: I'm also fine with race changes if the actor fits the character well. If they can get the spirit of the character down, their mannerisms, their personality, I would be fine with it. Staying true to the character's core is more important to me than looks, though I still take looks into account.

just figure The Drawing of the Three and all the relationship with Detta, all that part fucked, and they said that they didn't try to fix the cast with a white woman 4 fucking Susannah Dean

No one gives a shit about who this guy is in burgerstanian comics, it's a fucking Norse god.

Funny thing that most asians don't give a damn of white folks playing asian characters. In fact a lot of them thinks it makes them look more closer to the anime look (bigger eyes, define face profile).

Name a single one of them who is a better actor than Elba. And Don't say Anthony Hopkins, Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian Mckellan Michael Fassbender,or Michael Douglas They not fucking count none of them were the leads

Norse gods arent real user

>He doesnt blot to Woden on the Ostre
>Doesnt wear the hammer of Donar around his neck for protection

Love the guy. Was wasted in such a minor role, should've been BP.

See:
There's also the hypocrisy of the situation. Nonwhite-to-white is whitewashing, but white-to-nonwhite is a thoughtful re-imagining of the character.

Really makes me wish there were more Dwayne McDuffies and Denys Cowans out there.

Robert Downey Junior.

>better actor than Elba
For the MCU? docens, like actor maybe not, but for capekino all the mayor roles are better than Idris Elba. Heimdall is fucking irrelevant in the MCU

He can play one role. Himself.

Why does not racebending live action characters trigger SJWs so much?

>Why do they have to steal white characters why can't they just push their own
ftfy*

Plenty of unused negro characters in Marvel that have no personality thus meaning they can completely change them to accommodate them in a movie without anyone complaining about >not muh.

Can we get Jessica Simpson playing Storm in the next X-men film? And I would have really liked to see Betty White ay Amanda Waller.

>for capekino

So, Logan?

There's no other cape movie of that level, save The Incredibles.

The DCEU is pure shit in terms of actors. Affleck is mediocre and a much better director than actor, Cavill is lifeless cardboard, and Gadot somehow manages to be worse than Cavill.

I'll give you Logan though. Jackman has grown into a pretty legit actor, though some of this has to do with how thoroughly he's gotten to know Logan as a part.

I'm kind of pissed they wasted a good actor for such a minor role

At the lv of the worst of the MCU? at the lv of Thor? hahahahahahahahaha Thor is shittier, they need Hulk and Strange in Ragnarok to make the movie interesting, Antman is great compared with Dark world and is just Honey, I Shrunk the Kids with superheroes

>AY YO AY AY AY YO AY
>WE WUZ VIKANGZ N SHEEEIT

>Existing black character gets pushed, people complain that there were white characters more deserving.
I don't remember anyone complaining about Luke Cage getting a show over Moon Knight or Black Panther getting a movie over Hawkeye and Widow.

>New black character gets created, Sup Forums whines about pandering.
More like people get they keep killing characters and give the identity to newly created ones just to pander.
>Nadia wasp
>Gwenpool
>Sam Alexander
So black indeed.

Iron Finn was ok as Danny Rand and terrible at fighting and posing.

He played an alien.

Because that would require effort. They'd rather just use an already established character.

Considering they end up butchering established characters anyway they should just pic an existing obscure minority character and put it in the movie.

He could shave the fucking nekbeard, don't know if that's in the comics but I don't like it, also use the fucking costume

Marvel Asgard has never been true to Norse mythology.

I don't see you complaining about Thor being blonde.

>He could shave the fucking nekbeard
He looks too much of a fuccboi without the beard. At least he's getting a haircut in defenders.

> also use the fucking costume
This so much.

Because then you'd still be bitching

>Why the fuck are there so many OCs in this Thor movie?

No one but a few Sup Forumstards gives a fuck

The difference is that readers weren't reading Thor because they were already fans of Norse Mythology unlike the people who watch the movies.

Then don't fucking add them? Whats wrong with just using the characters that have an existing, already established, not obvious attempt at pandering, existence?

"The original Aryan character is still in the comics."
Sure.

>This so much.
the scens in the forest against the chinese soldiers looks great

>readers weren't reading Thor because they were already fans of Norse Mythology unlike the people who watch the movies

Says who?

This is true

>I must assumable the Warriors Three Jamal, Tyrone, and Notoriously F.A.T and Lady Shaniqua to help in fighting off this rampaging horde of White Giants from the Klux Clan from Ghettohime

Says 60s America which didn't give a shit about Norse Mythology.

Will anyone acknowledge that a black character's race is more important to who the character is than a white character? White was and even today still is the default for characters. Whites get treated as individuals. Minorities are treated like minorities. That's why calling for a black Storm or whatever in the next X-Men movie is stupid. Storm being African is a big part of her character. Most white characters are really just American. These days, there is more acknowledgement that whites aren't the only Americans. That's why it's easier to race bend white characters. An example of when this wouldn't work is Steve Rogers or Bruce Wayne. America wouldn't have made a black Cap the face of it's war effort in WWII and black people simply weren't allowed to amass the kind if wealth the Wayne's have.

And 2010s America does? I think this argument only makes sense in your head.