So did he hit her or not?

So did he hit her or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lTaiZ2lYtqo
youtu.be/QVt1lifLUjs?t=1m14s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of course not. Johnny is a pretty stellar person until she drives him completely hysterical

He did naaht she's lying!

what epic looking city is the background?

SAN FRANCISCO

No mickey mouse stuff.

Of course not, don't even ask.

No. Johnny is clearly designed as a self-insert and I doubt that Tommy intentionally created a self-insert that hits women. However, it is interesting that Tommy made his self-insert a man who gets constantly cheated on by his girlfriend, gets passed over for promotions, and gets betrayed by his best friend. He could just as easily have made his self-insert a Gary Stu chad but he didn't. As badly written as The Room is, it's still much better than most attempts at self-insertion.

I don't think victimizing your main character with all the subtlety of a suicide note is any better than a shameless self insert that is successful.

Johnny is a Gary Stu, though. He's great at his job and makes the bank a ton of money, rich, loved by everyone, a great boyfriend (and loved by his future wife's mother), and even a good mentor. He has pretty much no flaws, and all of that stuff is caused by people victimizing him, which makes it worse. It shows that Tommy sees himself as a perpetual victim that no one appreciates enough until he's driven to suicide.

The Room is basically how an emo teenager sees their life.

It's because he also wanted it to be this Tennessee Williams drama, you can't just make it like GETEVEN or something where he just kicks everyone's ass, he was making ART.

Johny's perfect though, all his problems are because of WOMEN, while he never does anything wrong.

I guess you guys are right. In a proper tragedy, the sequence of events that lead to the protagonist's downfall are triggered by the protagonist's own flaws and vices. Nothing about Johnny's downfall in "The Room" is caused by his own failures, but rather the failures of others.

That's the real tragedy. Johnny is a good guy in a f'd up world, man. His life spirals out of control even though he's done nothing wrong.

No.

>The happy news was that whatever Tommy had been running from, he’d managed to turn and face it down in his script. Instead of killing himself, he wrote himself out of danger. He did this by making his character the one spotless human being amid chaos, lies, and infidelity. Johnny was perfect. He was a lost innocent, a pure victim. And Johnny’s story was the perfect American drama—in Tommy’s mind, anyway.

>Tommy Wiseau: I hit myself in the head [before the scene]. So I did have certain difficulty, not just in memorizing the line, but I wanted to say something emotional. It didn’t come out the way I wanted. But after I threw the bottle, it actually came out much better and much stronger.

This. Tommy/Johnny did nothing wrong.

Green Screen Bay

why would he hit his future wife

youtube.com/watch?v=lTaiZ2lYtqo

but what kind of drugs were they?

I can not tell you, it's confidential. Anyway, how is your sex life?

youtu.be/QVt1lifLUjs?t=1m14s

Simple music swap but worth a kek