Whats the opinion of wallace and gromit outside of the uk?

whats the opinion of wallace and gromit outside of the uk?
also which one is you favorite?

I love Wallace and Gromit, those movies were a staple of my childhood (plus British humor and stop motion were something mom and I could bond over). The Wrong Trousers is probably my favorite, since it was the first one I'd seen as a kid. It always amazed me how you could see the effort they put into animating on the models themselves along with the smooth animation.

I recall liking them but haven't seen them since the 90's.

reminder that the moon robot did nothing wrong

It's pretty popular in France.
I likes them all about the same.

welli can`t speak for the whole country but i`m from argentina and i love it,they used to show it on public tv here and after that in a old channel,i really liked the movie but the wrong trousers will always be my favourite

I really liked the old three shorts. I'm not really a fan of the new short and movie. They felt like they were trying a little too hard, for me. Almost like a design by whimsy committee.

I like the shorts. Pretty sure the wrong trousers is my favorite, but they are all enjoyable to watch.

It's KINO until Curse of the Were-Rabbit, although it was decent enough.

What REALLY did it in was A Matter of Loaf or Death. Fuck that one, true garbage.

whats the opinion of Werner outside of Germany ?
also which one is you favorite?

Although I wasn't a fan of Loaf and Death, it did give me my favourite joke of all the shorts/film.

>I'm Wallace. I'm in bread myself

i like accents

Love em'. I think the first two still stand out the most because of the minimal dialogue.

i had these guys on VHS as a babby and watched 'em all the time. i don't remember liking curse of the were-rabbit that much (compared to the originals) but the original shorts are still golden.

I think my favorite was A Close Shave, I think it was called. With the robot dog.

U.S. here.

I saw the Wrong Trousers on PBS in the early 90s after it got an award. Loved it wholeheartedly. Didn't know what it was called, though, and nobody I asked seemed to know what I was talking about.

Years passed.

I did see Chicken Run when it came out in '00, and loved it, too. But didn't realize it was the same studio.

Years passed.

In '07 with a toddler on my hands I found a DVD with the three Wallace & Gromit shorts, which went into hot rotation in my house. I thought they were great. The first one seemed a little weak, and the third one seemed a little manic, but all were very enjoyable.

I think we may have seen the Shaun the Sheep television show once or twice, but it wasn't quite as good and we didn't exactly go out of our way to watch it.

And that's all the Aardman I've seen. Now I'm kinda curious to check out at least the were-rabbit one.

I love Wallace & Gromit, but Shaun the Sheep Movie is the absolute best thing Aardman Animations has ever done.

I love them, I marathon them at least once a year. A Close Shave is my favorite short

I'd say Pirates, band of misfits (or Pirates in an adventure with scientists outside of the US) was a lot better then were-rabbit if you want to see another aardman film, but in general none of their movies have been nearly as good as Chicken Run was, they've all been just 'good'. They hit their swan song a bit early.

Aged like fine wine

I'm from the US, the only thing I've seen from Wallace and Gromit is that Curse of the Were-Rabbit film when I was a kid, I liked it.

I didn't even know it was based on an existing series til recently actually.

Here in america they were advertised but you had to mail order the tapes and I couldn't be fucked to watch anything that wasn't for rent at blockbuster.

Seemed pretty good though

How about the pirates movie?

Yeah, Chicken Run was their peak

The train scene in The Wrong Trousers is the greatest claymation in history.

The Americans who know of them and watched them love them. They just aren't on almost ever.

Moon episode is so great

I appreciate the animation and my nephews really seem to enjoy them.

americans love this

the movie went over really well i recall

France/Switzerland here. It's fairly well liked.

I never really understood all the love for it.
I respect the craft and it can be sort of visually interesting there's just... a distinct lack of charm to me I guess.