Have you ever had an opportunity to show Sup Forums related stuff to the uninitiated? If so, how did it go?

Have you ever had an opportunity to show Sup Forums related stuff to the uninitiated? If so, how did it go?

>be JET teacher
>asked to bring in something kid friendly for the kids to see an example of english in film
>bring in the samurai jack pilot three parter
>they loose their fucking minds
>kids imitating jack and aku, everyone keeps going "yo yo jacku" at eachother, other kids go "foorish samurai"
>one of the kids that draws in class a lot started copying genndy's style
>their faces when I tell them there's way more

Feels good, babe

>>one of the kids that draws in class a lot started copying genndy's style
user, you just my day. This is too heartwarming.

This sounds amazing, and it's actually believable. Good job, user.

>yfw 20 years from now he will grow up and become a animator with a unique style that sets it apart from everything else in the anime industry
>he will recall this event and cite Samurai Jack as one of his inspirations

A few years back my younger cousin broke his ankle skateboarding at the beginning of summer, I lent him some of my comics to read. Now, any time I go over to visit he asks me all kinds of questions about current comics and the such. I just last week helped him set up a pull list at my lcs. Feels good man.

Aww, that's nice

>and then everyone stood up and clapped

What's JET?
Is it REALLY that unbelievable that some kids liked Samurai Jack?

Japanese English Teacher, user goes to Japan to teach kids English.

>Japanese kids love a western show with an Eastern vibe
>English/American kids loved an Eastern show with a Western vibe(Cowboy Bebop, everyone at my school loved the shit out of that when it first aired on toonami)

Pottery

You should commission mary sensei to draw this in authentic let's speak english style

>Pottery
Don't you mean poetry?

>Pottery

I'll probably show my baby nephew Samurai Jack when he gets older

It's like a rendition of Aku's Fairy Tales, only you're not Aku

This thread made me re-watch the first 3 episodes.
I noticed the horses used by the dog people match the horses from Thundarr the Barbarian.
Is this coincidence or some sort of homage?

20 YEARS IN THE FUTURE.

How do you know that?

Literally how new are you
I seriously hope I'm getting baited here

You are, look at the reaction image and notice how the words Tumblr and Reddit don't apparently in the file name.

You done got baited by a lurker user.

>be JET teacher
Takes me back to my High School days when I wanted to be a weeb. Not implying you are, OP. Just wanted to be a teacher in Japan with a bunch of students who looked up to me.

Thundarr and Herculoids were the fucking shit, wish we had more sci-fi fantasy blend stuff like that nowadays.

>uncle brings his kids home
>he has to go to work and leave them with my mum and me
>every time they come I show them animated movies
>last one was Road to El Dorado
>fucking excited that they were watching cartoons with Spaniards as their main characters (we're Spanish)
>later on I show them Star vs the Forces of Evil
>fall in love with it
>always asking me about new episodes after season 1 ended
>went to have lunch at their home
>finally sit to watch season 2
>12 episodes in, several hours later my uncle kindly tells me to fuck off home because I've been there for hours and he needs to work
>tell them to keep watching while I'm gone
>they promise to stop watching until I return so we can watch it together anyway

>spanish kids being excited by spanish Sup Forums characters

I don't know what it is, but ever since I was a kid, watching shit like El Tigre held a special place in my heart. Like that kid with the belt could be me cause he looked like me. To give that to children, that's beautiful, desu.

>Takes me back to my High School days when I wanted to be a weeb.
WAT
Weeaboo was just a wordfilter for wapanese, aka a white person who tries to act Japanese.
So if you wanted to be a weeaboo, but somehow weren't, then you're lazy on a scale that I can't even fathom.

dropped acid and watched Samurai Jack s5e2 when it first aired, that ex is now SUPER into Jack

when your 38?