Seriously, how the fuck are they gonna recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XtXPQNW2HqE
youtube.com/watch?v=c3D--I78F7I
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/justice-league-edits-joss-whedon-micromanaged-zack-snyder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only question is whether or not it makes enough money to turn even a modest profit. If the movie turns a profit, then it is by definition a success.

Justice League cost more to make than MoS tho

They won't. DC is finished. If WB had any sense they'd sell the movie rights to Disney.

lol

By making solo movies that aren't connected to JL. JL isn't flopping because people like it less than BvS, it's because people see this as BvS2 and never got interested in the first place, hence the really low OW. It's Apathy in Snyder and his films.

The next films are Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman 2 and for the most part they'll be completely unrelated from JL and probably won't be setting anything up except post credit stuff (LoD)

They'll recover in the same way that the X-Men films can, by just making better films, and I'd imagine like DoFP they'll probably make some continuity changes like making batman younger and change some stuff like the Joker and Clark Kent being killed etc

DC can recover, they just need to stop giving people who don't know what to do with the charcaters other than Zack "I want to do the dark Knight returns even though I fundamentally misunderstand why this book is the way it is" Snyder

poor little DCucks

Why oh why is there no capeshit containment thread?

Not really, the studio expects a much larger profit for this movie, making less profit off of this means they have less money than expected for next year's funding of films. Which is a failure.

>DC(EU)ucks
Ftfy

Cap this.

After Snyder bastard comments about Thor, he's gonna be surpassed by pic related.

they rushed thing.

Why not just copy the animation film plots?

Ben affleck is a terrible actor. We need a new young quippy bruce wayne

You are fucking idiot

Wonder Woman and IT made enough money to fund next year's movies alone, and that's not counting other movies like Dunkirk, Lego Batman etc, they're going to lose a lot of money on this film but in the grand scheme it's not as if one flop is going to kill the DCEU, especially when they've got a guaranteed Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman film on the way, why bother giving up then? Sure they're not going to do another team up for a long time, but solo movies are basically a free game

Are they just going to do Flashpoint or what?

DC will always be shit because theyre trying to imitate Marvel.

They're probably going for the "what" option

Recover from what?

Everyone involved is still rich and you still are not.

>Every single MCU actor, director, or exec always publicly says that they wish for the DCEU to be amazing and successful
>Grrr dumb THOR wow it's so STUPID and will never be a good mobie like Man of Steel!

no, they'll just do solo titles from now on

The audience will never understand it and will complain it was too complex.

>Wonder Woman and IT made enough money to fund next year's movies alone

"I don't know anything about business"

WB doesn't have the money. Investors put money to make these films, and the same investors don't put money on all these films.

That just means they have 3 more failures underway.

Each one the them will lose from 100 to 150 Millions USD.

And the best thing is that there is NOTHING they can do to escape fate.

OH NO NO NO NOOO

it's called common courtesy to the pulic,
in truth they are laughing their asses off with wb, dc, and snyder utter failures.

How? They're all lower budget movies, WW is going to be a smash success anyway, Shazam won't have any baggage from the rest of the universe and literally everyone is saying that Aquaman is shaping up to be really good.
Don't act as if any DCEU movie has lost money except JL

You know what less than Man of Steel also equals?
Less than Dr. Strange

>WW is going to be a smash success anyway

You do know that shit sequels flopping is a thing right?
Specially because they will put more money into it, and the main reason WW was a success was because it only cost 150 million.

ww is a piece of shit user and the rat-faced jewess cant act

thats not the reason. this is the reason. this is who is in charge of dc/wb.

I'm convinced that none of the DC directors have read more than a handful of comic books. Sunder probably just read the dark Knight returns and thought that will do.

And that's why we get a bunch of heroes who act like stiff cunts.

Wonder woman was a success because it made 821M, even if they spent 250M on it it would still be a success.

And that made the first movie any less of a success how?

>Less than Dr. Strange
>Less than Guardians of the Galaxy
>Less than Man of Steel
>Maybe less than The Dark World
Holy fuck. There's no way Hack Snyder ever works on a superhero movie ever again

Snyder didn't even read the DKR's properly, he thought batman killed people in it

feminist-soyboy-sjw piece of shit will remain a piece of shit user

>Even if they spent $250m it would be a success
BvS was considered a disappointment and grossed more on the same budget. The only time a marvel movie has had a budget that big they made more than a billion

Idiots, it's already past 500 million world wide. With more screen time pending both in the US and overseas, that total will only increased and that's before the first blu ray is even sold.

Holy shit that's a new level of out of touch with reality.

People who think the no killing rule is integral to the characters and not just some dumb baggage left over from the days when comics were heavily censored are the biggest idiots around.

BvS has the world's biggest two Superheroes meeting for the first time on the big screen, this was meant to make more than the Avengers, and it make 400M less, of course it's a disappointment, it underperformed

WW, even if it were the same budget, making that much wouldn't have been a success because a solo movie like that is never expected to make the same amount of money

It's like saying Disney consider Rogue one a failure because it made 1Bn on a 256M budget where as EVII made 2Bn on a 300M budget

So you're telling me that this lame-ass scene was the entire reason the movie was made? They built an entire movie around THIS?

youtube.com/watch?v=XtXPQNW2HqE

Regardless of whether you think the no killing rule is justified (I don't think it is but that's just the character), what I'm saying is that Snyder said that his batman kills because the Batman in the DKR does too, even though batman doesn't kill anyone in the book, he clearly didn't read the book too well or just looked at the pictures like with Watchmen

Everybody blaming Snyder for this is a fucking retard. If Snyder had been able to make the movie he wanted to make, it would have been a much better movie. BvS ultimate cut or whatever the fuck it was called was actually a really good movie. The reason Justice League sucks ass is the same reason Suicide Squad sucks ass: lack of a single clear idea for what they want the movie to be, and ridiculous amounts of studio micromanagement.

Would it have been better? Probably, his movies aren't as bad as everyone thinks

That said, the movie likely would have had worse reviews as the only things critics liked was charcaters and it's humour, things Whedon mostly added, it would have likely been a better movie by virtue of letting it breath more, but it would have done worse

>Everybody blaming Snyder for this is a fucking retard. If Snyder had been able to make the movie he wanted to make, it would have been a much better movie.

Actually it would have probably been worse kek

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAH

The problem with Synder is that his films are all about the visuals and everything else takes a backseat.

This, I want a lot of "solo" films, one of Guy Gardner, other of Martian Manhunter, other Booster Gold/Blue Beetle, Bart/Conner/Bart, etc.

How is that "irony?" That just sounds unfortunate, not ironic.

Whedons the only reason this movie has been getting ANY positive response

Done worse critically, maybe, but it definitely would have made more money because more movie-goers would have liked it, and most of the people to like comic book movies get their info from nerd websites and nerd channels on youtube, not movie critics. I've been seeing videos in my youtube suggestions every day since the movie came out with different nerd channels reviewing it, and every single one has been titled something along the lines of "Justice League is terrible" or "Why Justice League sucks"
Nobody who watches these movies gives a fuck about critics' opinions, they give a fuck about each other's opinions.

>oh look, Marvelfags

Why would they have liked it more? It would have been 3 hours with little humour, still loads of bad CGI and a paper thin villain. You really think the UC of BvS would have been liked that much more to not have underperformed?

yes. that producer wanted to go EVEN MORE KINO with it!!! lol

hahaha

>Screencap article
>post with no intent of discussion
>proceed to make same thread over the course of 24 hours
Do you have a job or school? Fuck is wrong with you? Also, who the fuck cares? Stop making the same fucking thread.

I wanted good movies, I'm not generally negative towards anything, expecting it'll suck.
But this, this makes me kind of happy cause I want DCfags to go so low that they'll just leave this site. They are the fucking worst, way way worst than Disney slaves.

Most of those characters would never have gotten their own films even if DC films had been smash hits that put Marvel out of business. Nobody knows who Booster Gold or Blue Beetle are, and DC has been purging Martian Manhunter from all their stuff for a decade

you know fucking nothing user

2 weeks = 80% revenue already done

>BvS has the world's biggest two Superheroes
Nah, that's from the other company, user.

>still loads of bad CGI
The CGI in MoS and BvS wasn't bad, so there's no reason to believe it would have been in JL
>and a paper thin villain.
So much of the story got changed by the studio/Whedon that it's almost nothing like what Snyder was originally making. The paper thin villain is a result of those changes.
>You really think the UC of BvS would have been liked that much more to not have underperformed?
Everybody I've seen talk about it online has said they they hated the theatrical cut but either actually liked or flat out loved the ultimate cut
Have you seen both versions? It's incredible how much more coherent the narrative is in the ultimate

The same Snyder cut that was branded as "unwatchable", uh?

Where can I watch the Ultimate Cut?

they have two weeks to make it to the billion dollar club.

By who, WB executives? These are the same people who gave us the current Justice League. By "unwatchable" they meant "not enough jokes."

>batmobile flying rounds flash-backing to martha
>superman punches flash-forwarding to knightmare
>with background music up to 250% again

The definition of unwatchable.

Drop every Justice League character and focus on Suicide Squad 2 with new characters.
Make Joker and Harley movies and whoever gets popular from Suicide Squad 2.

>The same Snyder cut that was branded as "unwatchable"
That's the theatrical cut, bud. I thought this was common knowledge.

on your tv after renting, buying, or downloading it you fucking genius

Why is Snyder so much of an inbred he's unable to follow a single god damn timeline !!??

I don't think it's streaming anywhere, you'll probably have to rent it on Amazon prime, or just torrent it if you don't want to pay

I assumed it was a fan cut being peddled exclusively on illegal streaming sites.

>still implying it's a Zack Snyder film
you guys are fucking stupid. If you've payed attention to literally anything you'd know the cut we got was Joss Whedon's vision

Hahaha DC sucks. It must hurt to live to be a DC fuckboiaroni and cheese.

>you'd know the cut we got was Joss Whedon's vision
more like WB's vision.

>use Reverse Flash to retcon/reboot the DCEU
>cast Tom Cavanagh in the role

There, fixed.

Nope, it was an official release, basically a director's cut

This story is so stupid is has to be true. Of all the things to like in IM1 and you choose such a throwaway sequence in the movie?

DC's problem is dropping the grimdark meme.

kino

Superman does not return until Snyder returns. He is the one true Lord of Kino.

no it's snyder's original cut of the movie before the studio edited it

DC rushed it. They should have done stand-alone films for Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash BEFORE they did Justice League. Cyborg could be partly in one of those films if need be, like Flash.

While I prefer Marvel films, DC has loads of cool characters to use. I hope they do a Resurrection Man film desu.

>The CGI in MoS and BvS wasn't bad
yes it fucking was holy shit
youtube.com/watch?v=c3D--I78F7I

Didn't Snyder film the majority of the movie? Wasn't it basically finished when they begged for Marvel's help?

I don't care if Whedon rearranged some puzzle pieces, in the end... it was Snyder's puzzle. And it makes me happier than shit knowing you DCucks will ALWAYS clamor for the original cut and never ever fucking get it you pathetic fucking losers, kys.

i saw the snyder assembly cut AMA

>intense battle music
>music suddenly softens and mellows as Superman hears Lois Lane struggling to escape her current predicament
what is this, amateur hour?

We were told officially by the producer that Whedon re-shot 20% of what had been filmed already, and then cut out a bunch more of what Snyder had shot. Then what remained was edited together very differently from how it was originally intended to be.
The movie we got was literally a Whedon film which used a little bit of footage shot by Snyder.

>in last ditch effort to save the franchise, warner bros agrees to give christopher nolan half the movie profit if he writes and directs
>justice league 2 surpasses avengers for highest gross super hero movie.

You keep telling yourself that Snydercuck

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/justice-league-edits-joss-whedon-micromanaged-zack-snyder

Justice League producer Charles Roven told The Washington Times that Whedon re-shot “15, 20 percent of the movie,” but some rumors (and the tell-tale digitally-altered lip on star Henry Cavill) indicate Whedon’s contributions may have been much higher. He certainly had the unenviable task of creating a coherent narrative while, thanks to the studio’s order to bring Justice League in under two hours, hacking nearly an hour of Snyder’s original footage out of the completed project.

>this movie didn't have enough shoehorned religious references in it

WHERE'S THE MOTHERBOX!?!? WHEEERE IS IT!?!?

Snyder would refuse to have his name on it if it was the case. Grow the fuck up man child

>Didn't Snyder film the majority of the movie?

Yes, but Whedon did basically all the editing, and that makes a huge difference.

Au contraire, there is nothing lower than Mouse-slaves, besides there always can be a rebirth for DC.

So assuming there was 3 hours of Snyder footage (since it says they scrapped an hour of footage to get it down to 2 hours) and Whedon re-shot 20% of that 3 hours, we have over a quarter of the movie being Whedon footage. Factor in the fact that he also did extensive re-writes which would have led to Snyder's remaining footage being edited differently than intended to suite Whedon's story, it's very clear that Justice League is a Joss Whedon film, not a Sack Snyder film.

STEPPENWOLF WOULDN'T LEAVE THE MOTHERBOX WITH A BUGMAAAANNN WHEEERE IS ITTT?!?!?!?!1111

>Snyder would refuse to have his name on it
>calls ME a man child
You apparently don't understand how contracts work.