Dr.Strange magic

just watched this after I saw Infinity War trailer.

am I only one who fucking love those reality-bending spells?

shit's so cool to look at, especially the scene where The Ancient One bends the buildings into an arena.

I hope he kicks asses in infinity war.

this movie was the adult version of a parent dangling keychains over a child to entertain them

You're gunna get "fuck off capeshit" to hell but I agree famalam. Doc Strange is my favorite Marvel hero, he's gunna haul some ass in Infinity War for sure.

Here's some art.

>I hope he kicks asses in infinity war.
He literally has to lose for the plot to move forward in Infinity War

Not to mention, the casting and special effects we're really friggin solid.

Definitely one of the best origin films in terms of capeshit.

you would be right if this movie did better faggot jody watcher.
I just has re watch value more than the rest.

Well, yeah, Ebony Maw is going to wipe the floor with him, but I assume he's gunna do a little ass kicking prior to that considering how he kicked around Thor and Look.

I didn't like it. The magic was barely even a part of the fighting. Most of it was Kung Fu.

Fuck off.

too bad the cool spells are dark magic or whatever it's called and the doctor don't intend to use it anymore.

now we're stuck with lame neon light magic

Fucking auto correct. Loki*

>hating fun this much

It was a pretty piss poor movie, the magic was boring and constituted kung fu lasers and Inception shots. The ending was the best part since it was at least creative and weird. His part in Thor 3 was better than this whole movie.

not the only one. I loved it. even though Inception has already done it, it still looked really cool.

but hopefully he has a few new tricks up his sleeve since that stuff is going to get old.

This is a perfect analogy.

That may be so, but has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Everyone that comes up with an excuse to hate an actually good Marvel movie like Doctor Strange or Thor 3 pretty much hates fun.
Superhero films are about the fun because they're fucking meant for kids. All these DC cucks prefer grimdark serious garbage without >>>QUIPS.
Look at how well that worked for Thor 1 and 2. Jesus.
I watched doctor strange for the second time yesterday and I still found it to be still pretty great.

If by fun you mean being talked down to, creative bankruptcy and movies that feel churned out with no passion or interest behind them, then yeah, I hate fun.

honestly, I just got super bored of all the cape shit stuff. I was hoping DC would bring back the genre for me but they fucked up. I find the Marvel-Netflix. shows more entertaining and better than the movies at this point, but hey, everyone is having a collective orgasm over Infinity Wars that now I have to catch up on all the Marvel movies I haven't watched yet.

that was what i didnt like about it
he made loki like weak af

The story was pretty basic but I was legit surprised that Marvel took the visuals as far as they did. Looks amazing

Plus excellent writing for the final battle. Very creative.

>am I only one
STOP SAYING THIS
"am I the only one" must be the most reddit question in the fucking world.

>reddit this, reddit that

OBSESSED

They let their creative teams create. Sorry, DC fans.

I think it was a bad movie and a misuse of Mads Mikkelson.

The magic had no real connection really, they made some blades and then use them, or they used their fists with some glowing circle around them. He might has well been Captain America with a kaleidoscope around him.

The special effects were alright at best, and the movie was just boring. They could have went REALLY weird and interesting, but they followed the marvel formula of grey paste.

Their biggest mistake was them not getting Joaquin Phoenix.

Make the next one more Horror and that would be cool!!!FACT!!!

MADS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SAVED FOR DOCTOR DOOM!!!FACT!!!

>Talked down to
You mean simplifying language so it can be better understood by a wider audience? That's pretty normal and actually a smart production tactic.

>Creative bankruptcy
Based on the budget they were allotted, I'd say there was a fuckton of creativity that they pulled out of the little amount they had. The effects were on point, the subtle references to the comics were nice, and the cinematography and pacing was done very well, especially for a superhero film. Yeah, it wasn't the same as the comics, but that's not the point, it's about creating something that encompasses some of the original idea while still making it accessible to non-fans.

>Churned out with no passion or interest
You must be joking. Scott Derrikson was one of the most passionate directors in the Marvel franchise. They went to motherfucking Tibet even with all the guys on top whining about the liability. Cumberbatch, Tilson, Mikkelson are some of the most passionate actors that are taking part in films today, with Cumberbatch especially making it a point to fucking get rigged the fuck up, physically train, and get ramped up for the part.

Just because a film isn't some stuck-up pompous "deep" design doesn't make it bad. There was obviously a lot of fucking time, effort, and care put into the film and you can see it by watching like, 30 seconds of behind the scenes footage, or you know, actually watching the film without a god damn "professional critic" attitude.

Man, I feel bad for guys like you who can't enjoy things, must be a boring life.

Well helloooo reddit

So why won't Strange just easily be able to beat Thanos using the same type of shit he did in his movie anyway

There's no reason he can't be Doctor Doom too, it's Fox Marvel. Josh Brolin is in both the MCU and Fox Marvel movies.

>Plus excellent writing for the final battle. Very creative.
indeed, that really surprised me because capeshit is usually just beating the enemy into submission, but DS decided to actually think outside the box. I hope they do more of that in the future, not just Marvel, but DC too.

It felt like the ultimate distillation of the Marvel formula
>arrogant Tony Stark-like character
>quips and silliness
>villain tries to end the world but doesn't get very far, no civilian injuries
>character abilities seem to be based on whatever the plot needs (I'm thinking of the scene where his soul magically sparks when the nurse uses defibrillators on his body)
>silly post credits scene which needlessly builds up to another film
It was pretty to look at and the ending was sort of clever but I would have much preferred they introduce Strange in Thor 3.

oh great yet another stupid namefag with an edgy formula

Remember the wacky gem Strange used to pull off that magic time loop trick on Dormammu?
Thanos will have at least 3 of them by the time he faces him, and he can use all of them at the same time

Eggs Benedict is such a fucking good choice for Strange. He has the look of the character down to a T.

I honestly don't remember a single scene from that Dr strange movie. I only watched it because she said it was good.

She later told me that the assassin's Creed movie was good so we saw it together. She didn't even know it was a video game and just liked the history of it or something. I always thought she had somewhat ok opinions on movies but she's getting up there in age and is obviously losing it.

CreepyThinMan's been around for years.

>You mean simplifying language so it can be better understood by a wider audience? That's pretty normal and actually a smart production tactic.
No, I mean bare-bones, overly simplistic, well-trodden plot that doesn't attempt to bring anything new to the table or present it anything in an interesting way.

It was a churned out formula they know works, and that's a problem. An actor or two can get invested, the director might be enthusiastic, but this film, and recent films of its ilk, are not the creations of teams of individuals on every level, they are highly micromanaged, rail-roaded and executive-meddled, created and shaped by a table of suits in an office high-rise. Marvel didn't used to be like this, early films hand't settled quite into the path, but now the pressure to please the vast audience overshadows any kind of actual risk or challenge. Producers know what rakes in the billions and that's what they want to see, not bold, daring, creative, weird ideas that Joe Public might find boring or Sally Soccermom find too weird for little Jimmy. The entire structure is completely controlled and it stifles innovation. Dr Strange is ultimately a product of that, a sad symptom.

Get off your fucking high horse whining that people who actually give a shit about what they pay money to go see don't like something that's been factory-made to please an immensely generalized audience which contains negligible self-identity save for the references which matter in a later movie. Get some taste in your life and treat yourself with respect, even if it is only fucking superhero movies. You don't deserve, as a paying consumer, to be treated like a fool with watered down garbage pumped out a monstrous rate.

>Dude it's Iron Man, but this time he's a jerk doctor and gets magic powers
>Dude it's Iron Man, but this time he's a criminal engineer (much like the first time) and gets shrinking powers

It's a rehash of a movie just with different scenery and actors

It's only okay when Marvel does it.

Dr.Strange dies in Infinity War. Was seen during filming. He gets attacked and curb stomped by a big dude in a CGI suit.

I'm an easily entertained man, give me my complex magic circles and sigils and i'm happy desu.

If Thor: Ragnarok established that the beings of the Nine Norse realms use magic, why didn't the London Sanctum help Thor defeat Malekith and his minions?

>Thor 2
who gives a fuck

>2

2 was the one with the space elves

How else do you get the time stone from the Eye of Agamato?

That was kinda the point. Loki always prided himself on his magic and trickery, a god of such. And then comes this random fucking mortal that completely upstages him and there's nothing he could do about it. It speaks to how much higher of a playing field Strange is operating on.

I need to stop rewording my posts. I do this at work too. The old lady I was referring to was my elderly mom just in case it was unclear