Age difference hypocrisy

What's the deal, Sup Forums?
Zutarians GTFO

Its more about how they look. Wendy looks as if she is around 17-18 or so. Katara, on the other hand, looks barely older than Aang.

They're different characters with different personalities living in different universes.
They're bound to have different opinions about what is the minimum age of their romantic interests.

As if ages matter with cartoons anymore

More of Sup Forums's userbase became normalfags/moralfags, that's what happened.

Twelve and fourteen isn't a big gap, experience and maturity-wise. Twelve and fifteen is.

Just look at the way Aang and Katara acted around each other, and then compare that to Dipper and Wendy. Things never would have worked between them.

typical modern thinking. all that matters is how things look and what people think. the same thing can be okay to see or do as long as you don't care, but wrong if you dare to enjoy it.

>Blossom
>12

Wendy has adult proportions. Dipper has kid proportions. On the other hand, Katara and Aang both look preteen.

moralistic normalfags used to be the ones getting married at young ages, giving young people a lot of responsibility and suggesting they get jobs early instead of lazing about.. but that got torn down and replaced with a cuckoo chick of lefty ethics.

>Sexualizing cartoons

Have you no shame?

>no has mentioned that Aang and Katara live in world torn apart by war and it's pre Industrial Revolution so people have shorter life expectancy

Katara acted motherly to Aang. Wendy acted like the cool friend that didn't care about you all that much. I'm confused by both.

>Never date above your station. If almighty mother goddess nature didn't bless you with a lot of advancements, you're a creep. if you like people less far along than yourself, you're a pedo!
>We're gonna get that white birth rate down to ZERO science dammit! Then we'll see if we can go lower than zero.

12-14 is unrealistic crap
12-15 is worse. One thing Hirsch did right.

>all that matters is how things look and what people think.

You act as thought this hasn't been all that matters since the dawn of history.

>shorter life expectancy
this meme again
if you made it past infancy, you could expect to live to be wrinkled and gray.
also pretty sure people regularly live over a century in this setting

Aang was 112 you mean.

This wouldn't matter even if it were true, but
>She can heal using fucking water
>He's the avatar, at the very worst he's gonna die at 100 years old.

Half your age + 7 is the rule you dummy

Mostly people living in the Fire Nation, since they weren't being brutally slaughtered.

The rule is bs. Don't spread that normie meme.

>14/2+7=14
>15/2+7=14.5
And the relevance to OP is...?

Dipper is a manlet. That's why.

People mature pretty fast in their teen years. There's more of a difference between a 13 and 15 year old than a 25 and 27 year old for example.

Dipper is drawn to look 9 and windy looks 18 i still can't believe the ages because they don't make sense.

Even ignoring the extra year and huge size/physical development difference, people are more willing to overlook Aang's and Katara's age gap when shipping because they have real development together whereas Wendy not only lacked development with Dipper but didn't even have any real character of her own besides "crush with GURL power".

The first 4 are canonically flat and have virtually no hips, and as pointed out Blossom isn't twelve.

But aang is 112

kari is cute, she doesnt need those

Dipper has more of a crush because wendy looks like she is in college so shes impossible for him
Aang fucked toph

Aang died at 70.

>living in different universes.
I really want to stress this part. Not only do they live on different planets in very different cultures, but apparently from different time periods. AtLA apparently takes place in pre-industrial era times, in a fantasy universe. And the characters are in a very different league than the kids in GF, what with most of AtLA kids being nobility or warriors or a messiah or said messiah's chosen-by-destiny bffs. GF is modern day "real world." The characters there are just ordinary kids, who incidentally come across scary monsters and stuff sometimes, but they themselves don't represent great power or anything to the rest o the world, because only their small town knows they've done anything of consequence.

I really wouldn't be surprised if, say, Azula or Zuko entered into an arranged marriage to strengthen their kingdom. The two of them being teenagers even both in turn ascend to the position of emperor over their land. Can you imagine any of the GF teens getting married, or being appointed king or queen of anything (besides a dream world inside their own heads or something)? They wouldn't be mentally prepared for that. It's not how their world works. Kids live their childhoods a bit longer before even beginning to take care of themselves let alone anything else; especially in in their culture and in their social class. The two shows have a completely different tone and are in very different genres, and it makes a difference.

In Avatar it's perfectly normal for a 15 year old boy to go to war. So yeah, not the same thing as Gravity Falls.

More like 112

Dipper just has to wait 2 years to be honest. If Wendy is still 15 when the first day of school rolls around she's likely only a sophomore. Meanwhile Dipper is gonna be in 8th grade and he ends the series having turned 13. So by the time Dipper's a 14 year old freshman, Wendy is only gonna be a 16 year old junior.
There were a lot of junior/freshman pairings at my school. The only taboo seemed to be senior/freshman pairings with senior boys dating freshman girls.
However, less people would object to the age difference in the ship if either character was drawn to look closer to how people imagine folks of those ages to look. But one of the main themes of the show was the end of childhood, which the teens were clearly beyond. So it makes sense in context

Dipper looks 8, sounds 30, and acts 21

>The only taboo seemed to be senior/freshman pairings with senior boys dating freshman girls.
Wait, the opposite was OK? What is this sexist garbage?

>I'm older then Francis Foster
fuck.

Wasn't that it was okay, it was just that it almost never happened so nobody thought it was worth talking about. But the "taboo" way happened a lot. And weirdly enough it was usually senior boys who warned freshman girls about this. Which leads me to believe it was some bizarre ploy where they would then go "But I'm not like them though"

So what? It's not that hard to get girls that age.

>Which leads me to believe it was some bizarre ploy where they would then go "But I'm not like them though"
Explain, I don't get it.

When I was in band a lot of the senior guys would warn freshman girls that upperclassmen boys would be trying to date them. But especially seniors. And they told them to be on guard and don't fall for their charms. It usually ended badly for everyone but worse for girls.
I think it might've been a way for them to immediately separate themselves from their "less virtuous" peers while gaining the trust of the freshman girls by "looking out for them". Because by the end of the year, more than a few of them were dating some of those freshman girls.

>trips
>ultimate Sup Forums shitpost
baka

it's about the character designs. Wendy is twice Dipper's size. You really expect me to root for baby dick?

Aang noticeably grows taller and matures throughout his series, so his romantic pursuit is justified with his growth.

Dipper hasn't done shit with Wendy, yet Alex kept writing stories about his dead-end love until Wendy finally puts him down gently.

Trips of truth? Getting a girl isn't really that hard?

Of course user, that's why there are literally millions of guys shitposting all over the Internet RIGHT NOW instead of getting laid.

Because they lack the courage?

It's mainly because of Height

You remind me of one of those youtube "theorist." You're 100% that for that point in time life expectancy SHOULD be lower, but it was established time and time and time again that in the avatar universe people do have longer life expectancy, one of the main characters is an old man. "I'm going to use real world research to build my theory without taking into account any of the established world building!"

I'm sorry I'm autistic

Dude, there are literally guys with 1000s of rejections... and that's including girls who many other guys just wouldn't bother with for purely physical reasons.

Why? You can be 5'8 and still get girls, granted is difficult but not impossible. You would need to be less than 5'5 to be... Oooohhh.

Yeah, but 1 in 1000 is better than 0 in a lifetime.

Do you buy lottery tickets?

Yes, actually won 350 dollars once.

Ah, I see the problem.
I unironically suggest you enroll in a statistics course at your local educational institution, user.

Katara has breasts and (relatively) wide hips. She's not preteen.

Statistics? Isn't that the number thingy that is used by all the media outlets to push their political views and trick the population into believing something that isn't necessarily real?

No, just shaking my head.

There's a reason lotteries are called a tax on the stupid, and I don't just mean money lotteries either.

Aang is 4'6. My 8 year old brother is 2 inches taller than him.

>tone and setting

It will always be funny how he ended up being the tallest of the group.

Quite right, but it's not just the media outlets. Business does it too, and probably much more.

That's why everyone should study statistics.

Aang and Katara are both short.

>thinking fanfiction counts
Get. Out.

In society that courage is considered a criminal trait, yes

Totally different societies? In some places today even bigger age gaps aren't the odd but in modern day Oregon the other kids at Wendy's school probably would give her a hard time about it. The way our school system is structured makes a few years seem huge especially the middle school/high school gap.

It's also possible that Wendy just plain doesn't and would never like Dipper like that even if she thinks he's a friend and someone she could hang out with, though. Her romantic taste in boys is Robbie. That's pretty different.

Wendy is just an idealized crush for Dipper anyway and a big part might be that she is older, seems cool, unattainable maybe he wouldn't even notice her if she was the same age in the first place. She's a summer crush and he doesn't know her that well when he starts his crush on her, she's an older girl redhead that's probably enough.

Honestly though the Aang X Katara shit was an irritating plot tumor half the time too just like Wendip was a plot tumor. Cartoon writers usually can't write these things well and they just get in the way of the story, humor, and action. Hirsch actually laid off the Wendip plotline because fans generally didn't like it.

Puberty hits people like a brick sometimes.

only for ugly guys really

> *112 14 ONE TRUE PAIRING!

Apparently One Hundred and One years does make all the difference

But isn't that implying that there is a high chance that you will use numbers to push your own beliefs even if they can be proven wrong? Sounds that while you are right about studying statistic would be a good idea, it could also means that statistics themselves should be not taken entirely seriously.

Because leftists believe in things like rape culture and cuckservatives allow them to act on that belief

>Hirsch actually laid off the Wendip plotline because fans generally didn't like it.
Most fans desperately wanted Dipifica, but they didn't get it... so far

So people in Avatar world get more Asian as they age. Nice

Well... I guess you are kinda right about that.

>thinking fanfiction counts
I already told you, OUT.

I wanna fuck that Katara.

>Toph licked Ty Lee's butthole

But now Aang is actually strong enough to stick up for her

> Not Sokka

I got the impression people started to complain about "Dipper spills spaghetti around Wendy" long before NMM which is when Dipifica really started as anything but a minor idea some people threw around. I don't think it was about a rival ship, just people finding those episodes annoying. They quickly got obnoxious and repetitive, and Dipper was a whiney, weasily little pussy in them. Despite typical fan shipping cancer I'd guess most people in the audience just wanted more focus on other things like jokes, the mystery, the kids bonding with Stan, and that stuff and not "shipping." Shippers are just very loud and annoying but not a majority. And a show like this isn't advertised as having "romance" be a big pull I can't imagine most kids who watch it tuned in wanting to see "romance."

You want fanfiction?

>not getting the joke
LOK is fanfiction quality, and so are the post-ATLA comics.

But they are canon. They were created by the team behind the first show and they say it's part of the timeline, despite the bad quality of the show.

>The VA of Zuko and one of the head writers for this show were Zutarians
Jesus Christ, I'm glad Bryke didn't listen to those tools and stuck with their canon OTP.

Voice Actors being shit is the primary reason characters are shit

Dipper behaves like he's 10 and Wendy like she's 16.
Both AtlA characters behave like they're 10, except for when Katara plays team mom (which feels like she's forcing it).

Not that I care about shipping in any way.

>Dipper behaves like he's 10

He looks like he's 10, but he's one of those kid characters who usually acts more like a young adult

Are you seriously talking shit about Dante Basco because he had the wrong shipping opinions?

>characters literally save the world
>literally end a world war
>they behave like they're 10
Sup Forums man, not even once

You must not watch a lot of cartoons if you think being 10 prevents you from doing these things.

12 dating a 14 year old IS weird however they have an excuse of saying that this is a fantasy world taking place in the past and large age gaps like that was normal.

Gravity Falls however takes place in a modern American society and that shit would never fly.

When you were 15 were you looking at 12 year olds OP?

I thought we were talking about their behaviour, not some random numbers their ages are stated to be.

He's half the reason fat tumblr whales gush out greasy sowjizz every time they think about Zuko, so yes.

Dipper is a short little boy while Wendy is significantly more developed.

Aang and Katara are around the same physically.

Yeah, but that was back in like the 19th Century. I don't think Sup Forums was around at the time, but it might have made threads like this rather different.

>meanwhile in japan

Put pronounced hips on anything and it'll arouse a sexual reaction from a social degenerate on the internet 9 times out of 10.

> Case in point