Wolfwalkers concept trailer, by the director of Song of the Sea and The Secret of Kells

Wolfwalkers concept trailer, by the director of Song of the Sea and The Secret of Kells
youtube.com/watch?v=fZdv_f9f5Jo
Looks fucking great, can't wait to see it in three years, maybe longer.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_Kells
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The art and imagery look absolute phenomenal but I wouldn't expect anything less from Tomm Moore

The story seems like a pretty standard "two people from different worlds befriend each other and then their worlds clash" cliche but I could still dig it.

I'm hyped

by the way, how was Song of the Sea compared to Kells? Haven't gotten around to seeing it yet.

Wolfaboos will be pleased.

Is Tomm Moore the new Miyazaki?

>The Irish will be the ones who save western animation
First Guinness and now this? Truly gods chosen people.

I liked Song more than Kells but I admit it's for a very shallow reason and that's because it had a more satisfying ending.

I think we are betters in France, but it's really great to see European animation in such a good state.

I am and I'm not even a furry.

Well, Mina Sandberg is great too. It's pity, that she never tried herself in animation, stories in her comic are also about interaction between reality and supernatural

You cannot pull that shit in animation. You need to be a giant like Miyazaki, spend many millions, and wait many years, AND EVEN THEN it will not look as good as the best comics.

Also, it's Minna.

Sony to disappoint you user, fucking animals is gross.

>pull that shit in animation
that is really pity. I like her art style

Films are not always features.

Glad to see at least some furries have standards.

So basically The Secret of Kells may have spawned a massive animation industry in Ireland? Neat, I look forward to the potato nigger golden age.

Animation is getting bigger and better in all of Europe, especially in France, Ireland and the UK.
Soon we will compete with America and Japan.

Kek bless that disaster-stricken region. May they pull out strong, and save animation!

Finally an irish animation waifu that doesnt make me feel like a pedo

Sorry user, the wolf hunters daughter is 11

I hope they do.
I'm tired of being trapped in Mouseland (3D).

Fuck can some one please remind me of the name of this? I read the first chapter a few years ago and I can't remember what it's called. Something with silence i think?

It really is nice to see 2D animation is still decently alive.

Stand Still Stay Silent. It's fucking huge, and the story barely begun.

Seems like Tomm Moore has a thing for little girls. Not that I'm complaining about the overabundance of daughterus he's producing.

Silly talk aside, this looks promising. I love his previous movies very much, can't wait to see this in the future.

I hate how Sup Forums is constantly complaining about the lack of traditional animation and about CalArt but ignore anything remotely obscure.

Finding good obscure stuff requires time and effort. And who has those these days?

Sup Forums is nothing but normies and tumblrites these days, just about anything that isn't on CN, Nick, or Disney slides under their radars.

Hey, I like obscure stuff as much as the next guy, but don't you want see more experimental animation back in the public radar?

Can you imagine going to a theater and seeing stuff like this regularly?

Can you imagine people and culture actually talking about animation as an art or at least an equal form of entertainment for all ages?

Can you imagine this new creative resurgence inspiring more and more future animators to follow their dreams and improve the life of the industry?

I can imagine. But the pessimist in me is shaking his head horizontally.

Looks darker or at least more intense than they're past movies.

They also seem to be trying out a more graphic style in some of those scenes as well. Looks good.

They tried that with Kubo and The Two Strings and that movie basically just made back it's money, which is fine for Laika since they're privately funded by a billionaire but for a company that actually needs to do good in box offices to stay alive it's near impossible.

Basically the current movie industry really doesn't allow genuinely creative projects to thrive, art is a business.

I totally wants everything you said to happens, but it could only happens if obscure animations had huge support, especially on the Internet. But right now it's not happening.

Writing is more important than visuals.

Not in animation.
By the way, Laika wants to do more novels adaptation.

Stuning animation.
I wonder if we'll see some Kells easter eggs.

Eh, tried getting into it and I vaguely remember getting pissed off after reading the first like 60-something pages or whatever and then having it pull a 'gotcha' by completely dropping all the characters and shit it'd been building up to do a post-apoc time jump.

I wanna fuck that blonde lady soooo bad

Oh cool I love Princess Mononoke

Cromwell did nothing wrong

Damn straight

>writing is not that important in animation
I bet you think A Troll in Central Park is a great film.

>Wolfwalkers
Nice. I very much liked how they handled Song of the Sea, so it's nice to hear about their new project. Still haven't watched Secret of Kells, though.

Watch Secret of Kells right NOW. Get off Sup Forums, don't listen to anything they say, watch it NOW, and then come back.

>walking out of Song of the Sea
>guy is on his phone with someone
>"Yeah, it was like a Miyazaki film except it's actually entertaining and the characters act like people"
>mfw

>Blond girl's father's name is Robyn Goodfellowe

Oh, well, I'm sure that's not significant.

That guy is either pretty dumb, or he only watched Ponyo (aka, pretty dumb).

I love the music they use in their movies

I liked Song of the Sea more than Kells, although it doesn't have the same Ghibli sense of mysticism surrounding it if that makes sense.

They should expand their horizons and use new traditional Irish music like My Bloody Valentine

How are these fuckers making movies?

Kells:
>budget - $8 million
>box office - $0.7 million
Song of the Sea
>budget - $5.7 million
>box office - $3.6 million

this shit doesn't add up

Actually the girl's name is Robyn.

Kells is my favorite animated movie of all time. That being said, it's a lot harder to understand than Song of the Sea if you aren't familiar with Irish Christianity--most people on Sup Forums only seemed to like it for the art and completely missed out on the subtext.

>Someone else who can see this movie is going to be sectarian as fuck
Good job.
Fucking heretic.

I think they suffer from the Laika problem. They have fantastic art, but the stories are generally weak.

Obviously, I don't mean Coraline, an adaptation, or Paranorman. Those are great.

My guess is that the government subsidizes them to create domestic content, sort of like Canada, except good and not shit.

That, or like Laika, they make enough with their adverts and such to have room to make movies on the side

Why didn't they just use Aisling?

They're funded by a shitload of different groups, probably in small amounts, and at least partially supported by government arts funding from bodies like the Irish Film Board. Note the absurd length of production companies attached: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_Kells

I love how this guy mixes tapestry and stained glass art and fucking animates it. Brilliant.

>the stories are generally weak beside half of them

This. I bet not even a half of people ITT have seen Technotise: Edit i ja.

I bet half of the peoples ITT haven't seen more than one good Western traditionally animated feature films released in 2016.

>Soon we will compete with America and Japan.

Good, they could use the competition.

How about you name some, smartass?

>Dofus - Book I: Julith
>Window Horses
>The Red Turtle
>Ethel & Ernest
>Louise by the Shore
>Nerdland
>The Girl Without Hands

Thank you.

>and the UK
Brexit means no more euromonies for animation (and more euromonies for animation in other countries). The british studios are shitting themselves.
But it will probably benefit Ireland.

Don't forget the long way north, IMO the best animated movie of 2016. Great art, good story, and I really like the themes.

>Mishalover
Kill yourself you pedo scum.

>mfw the only reason I knew this existed before this thread was because of Padoga

The Long Way North is great but it was originally released in 2015.

from the thumbnail I thought it was going to be set in early colonial america like plymouth or salem. there is such little Sup Forums material or material in general for that setting. the only animated thing I can think of is pocahontas, unless you count the brief flashbacks in paranorman.

Doesn't Over the Garden Wall cover some of that period as well?

I thought it did till the ending where the surprise twist happened.

I don't think you understand just how much money they made off of Skunk Fu.

>better in France
>with the CNC
>with the guilt culture about anything
>with Ankama being the state it's in now

Only in festivals.

>>>better in France
We have more good/interesting artists/studios/projects than anywhere else in the West.
>>with the CNC
What?
>>with Ankama being the state it's in now
Is it that bad? They are working on new cools projects.

It's that exact same period of time, but in the British Isles. The Puritans had essentially taken over Parliament and were ravaging Ireland

>tfw you feel like a lot of stuff in Moore's movies will be lost on you if you're not Irish and don't know Irish history very well
Still though, those visuals and that music is top-tier

Maybe with Kells, but I feel like you can get by in Song of the Sea as long as you know selkies get more sick the longer they're detached from the sea.