youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What a good threat this will be, good job OP

You don't think pizza is tasty?

>Pizza
>Not tasty as fuck

delete yourself

>abysmal plot
>hey guys looks at this anime you like so much, aren't we epic like you, fellow kids xdddd?

Better question

When is Steven Universe not mimicking Japan and does something from the west

Their writing, animation, VA, and music are shit. They can't even copy something well.

Pizza? Really?

What general.

I'm not going in there. Besides, SU is legitimately great at times. Now it's mostly shit but still.

>legitimently great

When. When do you possibly think this show is "great"

>triggers weebs
>triggers anit-SU fags

excellent bait op

When Steven cried all over his fat tits over stubbing his toe.

>great at times

If by times you mean every blue moon, then yes, they are great at times.

Ian J.Q. is nearly the only good artist on SU, d e s u

I respect SU fags that accept the show has a lot of flaws. I liked the first season a lot myself. The occasional "great" moments were becoming increasingly rare before I stopped watching.

The first 52 episodes were solid.

Solid stools.

>tastefully

Apparently that pizza isn't very good. not tasty

I suspect that Ian had a pretty big influence on the show. It would certainly explain the decline in quality.

You're not missing much. Season 4 is pretty shit.

They are perfectly stable and comfortable for sitting?

Nope, turds.

BIG MEATY

TURDS

Just like the ones Connie slips out of her bumhole and onto a street.

can you stop talking to yourself

I'm perfectly stable and comfortable for sitting?

DESIGNATED

I know this is bait but I'm mad

SHITTING

But who was phone?

It would be pretty funny if someone drew a picture of that. You know, as a joke.

Haha yeah I would like to see that just for a laugh haha

it would be pretty weird haha

SupermanandGLblowingupbrainiacreferencesgundam.gif

BEACH

On a scale of "Steven universe is shit" to "Steven universe is complete shit", how much shit is Steven Universe?

I get depressed reading this thread, this is hopeless.

Steven Univere is a good show, live with it idiots, however much it hurts you. Steven Universe is the BEST CN's show, It's my honest opinion.

You misspelled BITCH

As in Steven is a total BITCH

Thanks for the laugh.

Me too!

the only CN show that isn't shit is Gumball kys

THREE HUNDRED YEARS

Steven Universe has some good moments, but it has devolved Steven into a joke, and ultimately trashed its promising beginning. It's mediocre now, even if it gives anime references.

I understood that reference.

better better question
if steven universe is going to bother stealing from japan, when are they going to add animation that isn't complete garbage

daily reminder that Connie is a cute girl and it's only a matter of time before she falls for someone that's not a fat, crying, piece of shit and isn't too fat to see his dick

What's so special about Gumball for you, could you tell me?

Can't steal quality

Not him but Gumball's animation takes a complete shit on Steven Universe. Not only do they have actual talent but they have amazing talent

That's nice. Thank you for feeling the need to say things like this in every thread the show is referenced in, because people care about your opinion of the show that much.

She's using Steven as an excuse to have power through fusions and free sword training

That is all

I don't understood that reference, could you explain to me? is a SpongeBob reference?

Not him but original Gumball was incredibly funny. It's still funny and entertaining sometimes, but it was gold in the beginning-middle seasons which is obviously getting harder to replicate.

it is enjoyable and not frustrating to watch because it succeeds at what it tries to do, unlike SU, which fails at both the SOL and space opera bullshit that it tries to do

First time posting about SU in over a month. I usually stick to other threads. Keep being passive aggressive because you're upset Steven Universe has fallen from grace.

The way SU tosses out anime references all the time is kind of annoying.

Sup Forums was shitting on SU and one of the fans managed to escape the general and tried arguing with them. Sup Forums did what it does best and pushed the guy to an autistic meltdown

Basically revealed his power level and told us it to disrespect Steven cause he'll be three hundred years old when we're dead in the ground. Funniest shit I've seen in a while

It's called scat. Don't encourage them, whoever they are

The general is banned already?
thank god
now go back

i mean they already ripped off that one sword fight frame for fucking frame, you'd think the least they could do is make it look like it wasn't two people swinging pool noodles at each other

Holy shit how did I miss this

I never knew how much autism really lurked in /sug/.

Gumball is almost the exact opposite of SU. Not only is the animation and music amazing but they can take an ordinary sol episode like being late to school and make it amazing by using the little unique aspects of the universe they created

SU has shitty animation and music and when it isn't advancing the plot it just turns off it's Universe. It comes off stale and boring because they don't know how to be funny or use the world properly. And they tend to push some random narrative. And people watch cartoons to laugh and have fun, not get lectured on the world

Also Gumball fans tend to be chill and don't even annoy the board with a general. SU is forced into a general because their threads choked the board almost to a MLP extent and yet they still spam multiple threads arguing about their show with people who flat out hate their show

t. 300 years guy

that's an impressive level of autism

No wonder CN doesn't let the show get more than an hour or two of airtime a week

Evangelion references are like Star Wars references.
They're annoyingly overdone and a great way to show everyone what a tool you are.

People don't mind narratives if it is presented fairly, done well, and not utilizing strawmans. People just don't like preachy, and SU gets really preachy sometimes. Otherwise you're pretty much on point.

Not when you do it the right way user
youtube.com/watch?v=n_OC-RAm7Qs

for me Animation is not everything in a Cartoon, aslo I feel it more like a gimmick in Gumball, yeah looks really cool all that experimentation with Gumball but there are nothing else for me.

I enjoy Gumball but I don't find it really very funny, the jokes rely heavily on the characters screaming, I don't find Gumball a subtle thing.

I never find Gumball especially funny, I mean memes (occasionally) jokes based on a single idea throughout the episode? I find the humor of gumball very simple and the series is always very mundane.

I find funnier the first season of Regular Show that all Gumball.

I don't find any CN' show frustrating to watch.

as I said for me Animation is not everything in a Cartoon, the music of Gumball seems very generic and forgettable for me, aslo I've never really found especially interesting any Gumball story

>thinks pizza is tasty
Anime fan confirmed
(all anime fans love pizza)

vid not related?

Beginning Regular Show was great too. Newer Gumball does not hit home for me as when it was at its peak. Though I guess taste is subjective, afterall.

The other part is that you have to be subtle. Unless you want to focus on the reference, at which point it becomes a homage, you keep it subtle. Fans of the show get it and non-fans aren't confused.

The evangelion reference is just annoyingly in your face. It's too blatant.

Compare that to Gumball. During the anime fight the cloud woman (too tired to remember her name) says Nicole's name quickly and emphasizes the i so it sounds like "Neko" which is Japanese for cat. And Nicole is a cat. Anime fans pick up on it and smile at the reference and it doesn't take anything away from what is going on in the scene. It's a small scrap thrown to a fan base outside its own without delaying th main course.

SU stops everything to make the refer nice, it's tactless.

Yeah that was pretty bad

Well Gumball is episodic and doesn't have a story. Also I'd wholeheartedly disagree with Gumball's music being generic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wobekRd5Mg

That's one of my favorite moments of Gumball !

I hate this song but it's definitely not generic.

It really seems like a song about kids with Down syndrome. They had kids from an unnamed school draw pictures for them and animated it from that.

Such a great mix of heartbreaking and beautiful

I feel like there was a point in this show, around the last fourth of the first season, where nearly every episode was fucking excellent. Not sure where the show lost its subtlety, unique style, and atmosphere, but man has it become a parody of itself since. And I mean like literally -- characters have become flanderized to the point where they act like charicatures of their older selves. It legitimately feels like season 4 is the "Teen Titans Go" to season 1's "Teen Titans."

Anyways, I feel like there's enough that's been said about SU's decline so I'm gonna sage this. Holla holla... just needed to get that out of my chest.

suddenly relevant after 4 years
youtube.com/watch?v=hWvctINRSsE

I wonder if you are a girl or a boy, you know it?

The anime references in this show seem forced and out of place

you know who are you? you know what you feel in reality? you know where you go?

fuck is tasteful about this

There's a lot of low effort blocking in the animation since at least season 3 that's been pretty disappointing, it's probably the main thing that bothers me. I don't see how the characters are being Flanderized; who specifically is suffering from it and why?

Yo man, you got those Beavis and Butthead photos? I want to save them

Peridot and garnet.

I think for peridot its just that her arc is done as far as we know and the writers dont know what to do with her. Its not like she has unfiltered hw intel she can tell steven but I digress. Same shit happened with marceline, writers didnt know what to do

With garnet it just feels like her whole thing is fusion and you can tell which side is ruby or saphire. In all honesty im not sure how to feel about garnet

To an extent you could say steven or amethyst but they both have been this way more or less. Worse for steven but better for amethyst

Are you fucking joking me? The anime references are the worst thing about SU.

Even the thought of people like Lauren Zuke and Matt Burnett trying to do something like Chuck Jones's work and then patting themselves on the back for it is genuinely infuriating to me. Stick with the anime--at least Asians aren't real people.

I sort of agree, but I think there's a lot that can still be done with Peridot; the fact that she immediately started handing out castes as soon as the CGs left was hilariously terrible.

Everything's a reference: the whole show was started with theme blending and self insert characters.

>Anime references thread
>noone posts any anime references and instead bitch about SU
The mediocre show's not worth this much fucking attention, c'mon.

The Joey chin reference made me burst out laughing cause I wasn't expecting it at all

Did you watch the episode to understand what was happening? It was in a dreamscape caused by internal turmoil brought on by familial obligations and her own existential worry of finding who she is away from her sister while not destroying the delicate bonds which bind them.

>tasteful
You /sug/nigs need to get perma banned

>people keep calling SU mediocre, implying it's just average or unremarkable
No, anons, we should call SU for what it is. It's not mediocre; it's fucking garbage.

Steven Universe is on hiatus and the general got expect a lot of threads like this in the long run

That's a niche meme. How the hell did someone get the green light to draw that?

People should stop giving attention to garbage.

Season 1: great
Season 2: good
Season 3: meh
Season 4: shit

Wtf happened?

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ

Nice numbers.