What cartoons did 00s kids(born 1995-1999) grow up on?

What cartoons did 00s kids(born 1995-1999) grow up on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LwgM7NOo_aM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

I don't get what that picture is trying to say and I was born in 1989

Also, probably Teen Titans and kiddy anime

Born 1995

>CN Powerhouse Era, that is a bunch wacky musical theme for bumpers and commercial
>and still remember this commercial, dunno it was year 1998 or 1999
youtube.com/watch?v=LwgM7NOo_aM

97fag here. On Nick it was Spongebob & Fairly Odd Parents primarily. Cartoon Network had the largest variety but KND, Billy and Mandy, Teen Titans, and Fosters were the ones that I loved the most.

I stopped caring about cartoons around 2004 and didn't really get back to them until 2012.

As far as Cartoon Network goes, it's Billy and Mandy, KND, and EE&E. Those three all began fairly early in the 00s decade (with EE&E premiering in 99) and somehow managed to linger on the network until the Adventure Time era.

A mix between late 90's/early 2000s (so Spongebob/post Ren and Stimpy era Nick, Powerhouse CN) and mid/late 2000s stuff (so Danny Phantom, Avatar, EEnE, KND, Grim Adventures, Teen Titans, Fosters, etc. etc.)

Anything made past Regular Show is thoroughly out of the nostalgia range. That is to say, for now Sup Forums babyfags won't have any nostalgic feelings for Gravity Falls and Steven Universe, at least not in a "muh childhood" sense.

Do you guys associate more with the plentiful 2000-2006 era of cartoons, or the shitty "Out of Jimmy's Head" era of 2006-2009?

Like, if someone were to ask you "what were your favorite childhood cartoons", would more ones come from 2000-2006, or 2006-2009?

2000-2006 was more tolerable than the CN Real shit.

Born in '94, didn't have cable so I was stuck with Kids WB and 4kids. I was pretty much obsessed with Yu Gi Oh back then.

Ed edd n eddy, samurai jack, teacher's pet, american dragon, powerpuff girls, little bear, and rollie pollie ollie come to mind

Reanimated came out in around 08, and OoJH ended in like 09. Really wasn't an era, and honestly the CN Real branding died in less than a year. Less an era and more a dividing line between the pre and post Adventure Time eras.

In any case this was back when CN used their library properly, so it really didn't make much of a difference until later in my life when the family got Boomerang and I could watch Dexter's Lab and PPG more consistently.

I did really like Chowder and Flapjack, and being a retarded child meant that I still thought that Ben 10 was a good show past the original series, but honestly I only really distinguish between the two because the internet decided there was a huge distinguishing period.

In any case this was also the time when Avatar, El Tigre, and Mighty B! were airing, and those were all pretty damn good shows.

The CN City bumpers disappeared during the CN Real period and I think that marks something of a dividing line, when CN began cutting back and became less creative

born in '91. grew up on Cheez TV

That's again a very loose definition of "creative".

CN Real was a failed experiment as a result of shakeups in upper management. But ultimately, despite springing the careers of several post 2010 creators, I'd argue that Flapjack and Chowder still have more in common with the older 2004-2007 cartoon days than with the 2010s post Adventure Time cartoons that would follow them.

AT is the real shift in animation, arguably the biggest shift to happen in animation for a long time. It really created this weird period where executive meddling shifted from "don't offend the careful tastes of white Christian moms" to "appeal to our highly specialized focus groups, and outside of that just don't get in our ways".

So you see the old age of a lot of really strong animators working within tightly constrained boxes to this new age of animators working with very little oversight, which results in a lot of works that couldn't exist in any other time period (read: Gay Space Rocks), but also a new wave of very rough, unpolished ideas.

Ignoring Loud House as basically just a 2004 cartoon ported to 2017, all three of the most polished cartoons post 2010, Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, and Star Vs. all ran on Disney, which still puts tight restrictions on what creators can do. This both limits what can be done in these shows, but also forces the writers to be more creative, and to put more work into making the show work.

tl;dr: Adventure Time changed cartoons more than CN Real.

bump

1998 and Australian. I'm not sure if America was the same but Cartoon Network was great because even though there was a majority new stuff like I'd expect you'd also get really old Hannah barbera stuff along with a decent amount of 90's stuff. I got into comics mainly due to batman the animated series being on tv when I got home from school when I was 6 and 7

Time traveller here from 2201 and thanks to our highly advanced technology we've been able to calculate that anyone who cares that much about the specific year they are born are a huge fucking faggot.

bump

Born in 1994. Didn't have cable till I was older, which meant Saturday mornings were all about the WB (before it was CW) and 4kids. As I recall there was:
Yu-gi-oh
Pokemon Advanced
The Batman
Shaman King at some point
Digimon
Xiaolin Showdown
Batman Beyond
Static Shock
Jackie Chan Adventures
X-Men: Evolution
Sonic X
Ultimate Muscle (really weird)
Mucha Lucha
Kirby Right back at ya!
Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island (even as a kid I knew this was dogshit)

probably forgetting some others

probably 2000-06
>95 here
though I also remember late 90s shit like detention, I was a poorfag so I have alot of love for shit that didnt air on cable and especially the pbs shows like arthur and zoboomafoo
as far as saturday morning shows Cubix is a very fond memory.
But I also grew into my anime boots around 2006 as well with the internet.
>ironically my first venture into anime was yugioh season zero, I got into duel monsters after

They just grew up watching the most favorites shows of Sup Forums they tryhard to pretend it was 90's when they are actually more close to the 2000's, like Spongebob or Ed, Edd n' Eddy.