Why did Iron Man go so far downhill after the first one?

Why did Iron Man go so far downhill after the first one?
>His suit design was perfect, looked big, heavy, and powerful
>Had a cool voice in the suit
>Good mix of realism and fantasy
>CGI is surprisingly still good
>Sounds when he moves to imply his suit having mechanics that work in relation to movement

Now he looks like a fucking anime character, everything about him now has no rules or thought. Doesn't look powerful, and somehow all have had worse fucking CG than a movie from 2008

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zM7E4a8bGlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=e0yINUAZW78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

orly

cinematic universe ruining everything

Cause people pay millions to RDJ saying quirky shit and don't care what the Iron Man suit looks like

cause cool guys don't look at explosions

When Marvel Stuidos became a real thing they decided CGi over time and care because they had 10 movies planned and didn't give a single fuck.

More green screen and I bet the manlet bitched about his suit being heavy because he has to wear it for like 50 movies.

RDJ's salary got too expensive.

This movie is not as good as you remember it being. It's a lot of borderline schlocky stuff and a few cool scenes but they clearly didn't care about things being based in reality because the big robot villain is stomping him and smashing him against shit in one scene with minimal to no damage and then, in the ridiculous rooftop climax, he crushes Tony's helmet with one hand as if it were a tin can.

Every action scene in this movie is better than all Marvel movies that have come after it. Why is that?

I actually just watched it which is why I made the thread.
The first half of the movie is still the best thing to grace the MCU, literally nothing has topped it. The characters had charm, and the actual story had meaning. It was very grounded in reality.

I can understand that criticism, but far worse unrealistic things came in the following movies.

The first Iron Man is the best one and it was still shit back then

Lol I got done watching it again about 10 minutes ago after having not seen it in about a decade.
It definitely wasn't bad, but it was never wholly satisfying in the way I wanted it to be. I like Stark's character arc, though, because he's genuinely kind of a shitty guy for the first half hour, lol. The first Iron Man is such an interesting cross roads because it has elements of the successful superhero movies that came before - the frequent use of outright campy scenes and the subtle crash zooms and very simplistic, cliche storylines. It definitely has charm though. I watched SpiderMan 2 yesterday and then, tonight watched Iron Man and you can see that IM was the movie that transitioned from Tim Burton's Batman/Raimi's Spiderman/etc into what we know as the modern superhero film with probably too many set pieces for a given story and too much CG.

I still think SpiderMan 2 is the best superhero movie. And yeah you're right about how Iron Man is the first of the new type of Superhero movies we now have, but I'd still say it's still the best of the new wave of superhero movies

I haven't seen IM 2 since it came out and it's pretty disliked on this board iirc.
I dont know if it's worth re-watching...

I remember re-watching it a few years ago, I was really bored. Felt very self indulgent and lacking of the charm and restraint that the original showed

I’m outside smoking as I was reading this and look what I have on my stoop! Wtf this one is hand painted.

I rewatched it a few days ago. It's actually not that bad for the first half or so but totally loses steam as soon as Tony starts watching old videos of his Dad to try and find a cure for his blood poisoning. Also both villains suck so there's a serious lack of tension in the big action finale because it never seems like Tony (or anyone) is in any danger.

I watched 3 again right after and liked it a lot more though I'm aware The Mandarin thing still pisses people off. The plane sequence is probably the best set piece of all 3 movies.

I always liked Sam Rockwell's character in that movie. The rest i pretty bad though.

Oh shit... totally forgot he was in IM 2.

Iron man needs way bigger traps. Suit from the first Iron man is by far the best.

> I bet the manlet bitched about his suit being heavy
Yes he did. But not right away. When they only started, he was actually very eager to wear it all the time. Even the mark I. That's not a small task for a 40 yo man who's been through heady drug and alcohol addiction. Only in the last days of shooting he was like "ok, I've done this a lot, let me take it more easy from now on, I've earned it." And he never wore a full suit ever again.

Omg, what a tragedy.

>that fucked up thumb

>not one mention of Disney ITT
wow shills are really out in force today

"My turn" is literally the only good quip in the MCU.

OH NO NO NON ONO

its for kids.

2 black panthers?

They CG'd over the suit in every scene anyway, so there was literally no point in him wearing anything more than some reference material.

I thought i was the only one. Everyone moans about how shit Justin Hammer is but I thought that was the point; he's a wannabe Stark who tries a little too hard. He thinks he's cool but he's anything but. Wish the MCU could have used him again.

It's like Black Panther but it's a BAD Black Panther who is a BAD guy

I really do miss the sound design from the original. It was unobtrusive, subtle, and really sold the suit to me. One of my favorite moments was the debris "plinking" off his armor after the tank shoots him down.

so White Panther? black people can't be evil

And everything sounds like it's got a servo motor in it, which is cool. Like, it's not just a movie magic device that lets Tony do everything he needs when the situation calls for it. The original Iron Man was cool because he was cocky but somewhat vulnerable.

lmao I just googled it the guys name is the fucking KILLMONGER. Just to really hammer it home that he's not a good guy.
In the comics he also once teamed up with Venomm. Not Venom, but Venomm. A totally different villain with no relation to the Spiderman villain.
He was then brought back to life by the Manderin, killed again, then brought back to life AGAIN, took over the country, and was killed again.

I swear the more I read about comics the more I'm glad I don't read them

>Mk1 removing kebab like some kind of slasher villain
That shit was too fucking good.
youtube.com/watch?v=zM7E4a8bGlQ

And it's almost entirely CGI. What the fuck happened in those 10 years?

>black guy has to wear helmet but white guy doesn't

comedic bell ringing sound effects in fight scenes

nah, fuck that shitty movie

They didn't have to, though. Prop department(ILM?) did a fantastic job on those suits.
youtube.com/watch?v=e0yINUAZW78

Don't listen to anyone, it a fine movie. No worse than ant-man or dr.strange. Has one of the most iconic scenes in the mcu. Main problem is the weak villain, that's it. Certainly better than thor 3 or some garbage like that.

his acting is horrible christ

also what the fuck, he literally stole tony's property but this is brushed under the rug

>no worse than ant-man or dr strange
so garbage then?

Some people here think that strange and ant-man are the best movies ever.

Because the first one wasn't made by Disney

Also all the progression his character had is gone

They're trying to appeal to China

kek

>stole tony's property
He let him steal it. At the end of the fight he literally says "take it". And later in the movie it's mentioned that there are multiple safeguard protocols so no one can use the suit without tony's authorization.

yeah, he wanted him to take it.
that explains why he shot him and blew up his house.

he meant "I dare you to take it, and see what happens"

the third act isn't very good though.
>Iron Man fights a bigger Iron Man hurr

JUST

He wore an actual suit in Iron Man, made by Stan Winston
ILM then overlayed a cgi model onto this
Iron Man 2 was rushed
Iron Man 3 was a Jack Black movie

Iron Mans suit has always been plot armor though so really its not that different

Whats the name of this new power rangers vidya kino lads?

test

aids confirmed