Rest in Peace

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/digital/news/vidme-shuts-down-video-app-1202628367/
youtube.com/watch?v=W69SSLfRJho
youtube.com/watch?v=r3snVCRo_bI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So googletube is basically a monopoly now? Isn't that illegal?

variety.com/2017/digital/news/vidme-shuts-down-video-app-1202628367/

RIP, hopefully something else comes along.

youtube.com/watch?v=W69SSLfRJho

>now
vid.me was always shit, 99.9% of it's content is just mirrored content from established youtubers, vid.me completely failed at being enticing to viewers or content creators and youtube already was the monopoly

Vidme is dead, bury it. Consider this mercy.

vid.me had all the content that Joutube had censored and blocked. That was kinda the point

Youtube got big because of comments, people came for the cat videos, and stayed for the shitposting below every video,

So does vimeo? If you think vid.me was special in any way then you're retarded

vimeo only allows music videos and shit. they dont want garbage ass vlogs that were taken down or whatever.

Okay but you're wrong.

Oh yeah, a website can totally survive off Moonman raps.

You think youtube only censored moonman raps?

They were censoring shit too

*pisses on grave*

>vimeo only allows music videos and shit.
where are you pulling this from

Stop using "censor" wrong, just because a private company has a policy against certain content doesn't make it censorship.

If the content is open to the wider public then it is censorship Googlefag

Go force the government to classify google services as a utility then maybe you'd have a claim that it's censorship.

GOOGLE IS A HUMAN RIGHT!

I actually don't entirely disagree with the idea that services like that should be considered something like a utility. Nobody is ever going to make an actual "youtube killer" or whatever so it doesn't really work in a free market.

what happen

Garbage platform that thought they could be the new youtube by copying youtube dies.
youtube.com/watch?v=r3snVCRo_bI

Video hosting websites are hard.

Youtube probably generates profit because it's maximum advertising kikery and they're the de-facto site everyone mentions but most video websites operate at a loss. The amount of cost required to host content outweighs revenue from advertising.

>.t putfile admin

good

Still confused why stuff like this is even being discussed. Youtube has been obsolete now. Every social media site now offers the service of both video and live video. You can now send a video directly to your friends without third party web serves like youtube. Youtube may have been considered special in the early 2000s but now the web video feature is now a dime a dozen.

I don't rake in ad money from posting videos on Facebook.

>MCU movie trailer gets 35m views in 24 hours
>obsolete

amazon, twitch and facebook

Twitch is owned by amazon

FoldingHuman is a pedo btw

Where's the proofs?