ROY THOMAS BTFO!

ROY THOMAS BTFO!

I'm convinced that one of these days it will be illegal for a white male (cis, straight and all that) to refer to any non white in any context.

european is a term to describe crepes, not people

He admitted that in the interview. Its like they just ignored everything he said to jump on the hate wagon and in doing so proved him right. People have way too much time on their hands for trivial bullshit.

brazilian is a term described for waxing not people

yeah i actually liked how he was kinda like "I'm old and wrong tho" after he said his piece

NOT ALL CREPES ARE MADE IN EUROPE, YOU SHITLORD!!

>Calling people rugs because they are oriental

Thats not very cool.

did anyone tear into her for being dumb or did we all hide on this image board and brood?

wtf i hate rugs now!

why the fuck would they attack Roy Thomas for this shit? All he said was that it was a different time and he's old. I know he said more than that but come on.

Oriental is used to describe something from the East, just like Occidental is used to describe something from the West. Grab a fucking book, you bitch.

Ok

Why would you describe a rug as Oriental if not admitting it was from the Orient as a description for things from there?

People are things. I'm not even going to make a joke about it like I was going to, we're literal objects.

>Can you just call us Asian like the rest of the world
>HAHA FUCK YOU BITCH

Is this Jessica Henwick important, or is it just a matter of what she's saying?

I seriously do not get how oriental is considered offensive. Its never been used in an offensive manner. I don't see how its any different then referring to Europeans as Caucasian. It's just mean people of the Orient. Its no more lumping together then European or any other regional word. Someone must have just randomly decided to offended at nothing, like usual.

she's Colleen Wing

Too lazy to google. Redpill me on Colleen Wing.

Western raised asians are little pricks.

bbbut I am Oriental as all the people of my country, is our demonym.

gb2/pol/ or Sup Forums or wherever the fuck you came from.

>I seriously do not get how oriental is considered offensive.

Same way "Pollack" got to be.
Contextual use.

She's playing a major character in the Iron Fist show

it's a random word for East unlike says Caucasian which comes from the Caucasus mountains. It's just basically just East and Different. and in the US there's a history of demonizing Asians as Other that peaked in WW2. Calling them Oriental contributes to that

I suspect initially people of Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese etc descent didnt like being lumped together. Though why its ok to just call them asian I dont know.

I feel like the only based response would be for Roy to respond, "My bad, I meant chinks and 'nips." Just give them there outrage if thats what they want to chase.

That reminds me of

>Normal is only a setting in a washing machine

And I would be absolutely not surprised if she turned out to be the type of people to use that sort of line unironically. Who's this girl anyway?

In what context has oriental ever been used offensively? Also, I'm actually Polish (not from poland, just polish blooded by both of my parents) and "Pollack" is such an unused word I dont know why I'd even care enough to be bothered by it.

People only hate being lumped together with words like that if they hate the other groups they're being lumped together with, which is pretty fucking ironic.

Artists need to start becoming unapologetic assholes. Maybe then these people wouldn't have the courage to say and do trivial shit all day.

>Same way "Pollack" got to be.
Pollack is offensive?

Orientals/Asians haven't been demonized in a long time, its not relevant to think they still are. There are actually derogatory words for them and oriental is not one of them. They feel under-represented in America? Shock and awe that a largely white culture produces largely white characters. Do white people living in Japan complain they dont see enough of them in there productions? No, because thats stupid.

yeah, not all people are lesbians.

love oriental rugs so much... love wendys so much...

sending 50 oriental rugs on my magic carpet

It used to be pretty non-polite. Despite being just Polish for being Polish.

It makes sense, all the orientals fucking hate the shit out of each other.

That's true. But if I can't use the word cracker to describe Southerners, you don't deserve that word either.

>Orientals/Asians haven't been demonized in a long time, its not relevant to think they still are

i'm gonna take the word of asian people over you user. and people from WW2 are still alive, people thrown in Internment Camps in California for example. not that long ago.

and why are you going off on the under represented tangent? that doesn't have anything to do with anything?