Homestuck

The map updated.
Could it be that Hussie still cares?..
Also post-canon content was Credits, not Snapchat.
The "Act 7 was Caliborn's masterpiece" theory is shaken as well.

>Cohen's stuff isn't even on the map

Well, I guess it's officially non-canon.

>not a single davekat on the map
HAHAHA

>showing Vriska alive again in the map
Nice spoilers Hussie.

God damn, I honestly thought he would never actually update the map again. Nice that Part 4 is an official division of the story now. You can really see the non-Caliborn quality just rocket downhill as it goes on.

And now we have an official name for the bad part of Homestuck: Part 4

>last major act of the story is named after Vriska

FUCK YOU HUSSIE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT HACK FUCK YOU

I mean, the last major part was all about Vriska
Also funny to see that Cohen's shit was so bad it's not even considered.

>Act 7 is what Hussie meant when he referred to the "Rapture"

He knew. He fucking knew the whole time, didn't he? He knew since Act 6 Intermission 5, since fucking 2013 that he didn't have anything to go with for an ending, but he already blew a hundred bucks on the commission money so he didn't do a thing.

We spent 3 years watching Hussie spin his fucking wheels like a retard when the whole time, THE WHOLE TIME, he knew that the Homosuck ruse.... was a DISTRACTION

So there's no way Hiveswap isn't 4/13 at this rate right
Heck it's only what, three weeks away?

he HAS the cash

(cont.)

God I fucking wish I had succeeded at an hero-ing earlier today, at least I wouldn't have had to live with the disappointment of realizing that the past 4 years of my life have been absolutely destroyed by this lying, scamming, no good piece of shit 40 year old loser.

What the Hell are you talking about?

Kanaya made you some slippers.

>Feels a little odd even TALKING about revving up this monstrosity again. It's been pretty serene on the web these days. I've been reluctant to even drop a pebble into the pristine glass-like state of the fandom, before being good and damn well ready to. Why wake the beast prematurely? We'll enjoy more than our share of blistering pandemonium when all is said and done. We are slowly building to a particular moment I foresee on the horizon. It's not just characterized by the end of the story, though that should be a factor. It's more than that. Things I have planned, and some other things we'll say may be fortuitously aligned. Invisible pieces of a heinous machine all snapping together, mechanically congealing with a grim sense of purpose. I'm tentatively branding to this moment as The Rapture, and it will be more than you can bear. More than anyone can. And everyone won't.

Very easy to confuse with Act 4, which was good.

Shortly before the comic unpaused (as in, before GAME OVER dropped), Hussie posted this.

>Feels a little odd even TALKING about revving up this monstrosity again. It's been pretty serene on the web these days. I've been reluctant to even drop a pebble into the pristine glass-like state of the fandom, before being good and damn well ready to. Why wake the beast prematurely? We'll enjoy more than our share of blistering pandemonium when all is said and done. We are slowly building to a particular moment I foresee on the horizon. It's not just characterized by the end of the story, though that should be a factor. It's more than that. Things I have planned, and some other things we'll say may be fortuitously aligned. Invisible pieces of a heinous machine all snapping together, mechanically congealing with a grim sense of purpose. I'm tentatively branding to this moment as The Rapture, and it will be more than you can bear. More than anyone can. And everyone won't.

At the time, this seemed to be a weird hint some really weird thing Hussie was planning for the ending. Of course after GAME OVER flipped the board most people thought that was the Rapture. And then Homestuck 2.0 was considered the Rapture. And so on and so fourth.

But now, in hindsight of things like ipgd's comments on Act 7 (as in, the fact that she knew from the beginning that Act 7 was going to dissappoint everyone, there are actual screencaps where she coyly alludes to this on Sup Forums before sliding out just after Act 7 dropped), and now this confirmation that Act 7 was the Rapture, leads me to suspect that Act 7 was always the Rapture, and that it was always going to be a very controversial decision. In other words, Hussie knew Act 7 would suck but either didn't or wouldn't change it.

Isn't that nice of her

You know what i miss more than good homestuck? Hussie actually interacting with us. Wether it be ansrews or just rambling in the newspost. Remember the incoherant mess he wrote right after game over

>it will be more than you can bear. More than anyone can. And everyone won't.
Well he wasn't 'wrong'...

Unexpected. Can't help but feel some of the previous icons are changed too.

I can imagine that years ago people would be scrambling over this looking for clues, but we're truly dead aren't we?

Are there any more of these?

It's the same feeling I had when the last Hiveswap trailer came out. They manage to set my expectations so low, I'm pleasantly surprised when I see ANY kind of progress.

Search "doodleanon" and "comic" on mspabooru.
Unless you specifically mean comics that represent Karkat and Kanaya as Mario twins? Then no.

I just can't feel anything but cautiously disappointed anymore.

>cautiously disappointed
???

You heard me.

I dont understand though. like what exactly does that mean

That I'm disappointed, but cautious about it.

So you're cautiously optimistic

cautiously disappointed, if you will

No, because that would imply I am optimistic. I'm not. I'm disappointed, just with the caveat that there might be the slimmer of hope that Hussie is alive down there, trying to tear down every trace of Davekat and slowly poisoning Cohen's pumpkin spice moccachinos that he brings to the two-room facility in a small treeless office park where What Pumpkin is now situated, at that at night he draws humanimals on the walls of his apartment, always in the back of his mind knowing what he gave up.

I wish Hussie had never broken up with Rachel. At least when he was with her he was still good. not as good as before her, but still good

Ok Rachel

They were all bad. He should have stayed with Betel, or fucked Lexxy

Hussie was with Rachel when he made cascade. hussie was with piggy when he made the rapture

Was it ever confirmed Hussie is fucking piggy?

I hope not

>DISTRACTION
*distaction

I don't know what's funnier
>Game is such a trainwreck he waits until less than three weeks (at least) to have it quietly announced and forgotten
>"I have reached a level of autism where it is only possible for me to do something publically on one specific day of the year."

You just wanted Jade to be relevant

It's not like there aren't other dates he could have chosen anyway. 3/14 was the 413th week of Homestuck and he still fucked it up.

Is that really so wrong a thing to wish for?

I cringe every time you talk about Hussie's romantic life.
You seem like shipping idiots, but several levels of magnitude worse.

And you sound like a gaylord

Jade's FAT ass getting her stuck

Sick comeback, bro.

Oh 8a8y

Don't call me bro, I don't want to be related to a gaylord

it's less about his romantic life and more about the people homestuck sorrounded him with in general.

andrew was going along happily piggybacking on his dad's success, writing shitty blogposts, stalking forums and making comics for a decade before he made anything close to 'success', and as soon as that happened and he had a brand, he plucked from his fans instead of actual professionals, and now he's 10 levels down the bullshit irony stairwell making shitty social media memes and defending those he'd used to mock, hiding under his desk trying to convince himself that he's still cool and hip despite his main role being pandering to his demographic of 14 year old girls with the attention span of, well, 14 year old girls.

I miss him.

You fucking know it. It leaves her totally open to have that butt touched.

He should have just dated Ryan North

The key thing to understand here is that Hussie's like 40.

The 04 era tightly knit internet friendships of early Homestuck straight up don't exist anymore, they were outdated in 2009. The autistic gaming communities the trolls come from seem to be headed in that direction as well.

Hussie is kind of like Wheezer, in that he's a late Gen X'er who happened to appeal to early millennials, but now his old audience has grown up, and the new generation of teenage autists has no real connection to the subject matter of Homestuck.

Until Hussie realizes that he will never make something like Homestuck he will never recover from this slump.

>The key thing to understand here is that Hussie's like 40.
What if Hussie is going through a mid life crisis and he was too preoccupied to finish homestuck

Jade is not for sex. So much so that her one boyfriend was retconned out.

This vaguely sounds like a Davekat post

That just means Dave got first go at riding that harley.

Maybe he bought a boat with all that sweet webcomic money.

>The 04 era tightly knit internet friendships of early Homestuck straight up don't exist anymore
god that hit me

Being pure and being fucked over in your love life by a giant-lipped skeleton man are not the same thing.

>dad dies
>gf breaks up with you
>your money is stolen and you have to make a game on your own
Sounds bout righ

Nice dubs there user.

It sucks, but it's true. I kinda miss the message board inspirations for Alternia, where you'd have a group of like 20 or so acquaintances, out of which you'd have maybe 4 or so that you liked, 6 that you didn't care about, 8 that you hated, and 2 that you personally wanted to strangle through the screen. Where "Nothin personnel" OCs and autistic self-insert fanfiction and whiny drama and attention whoring were rampant everywhere.

Homestuck started as a story about four friends, but who were friends over the internet, growing up. It ended up being about how something something toxic masculinity, you should let Vriska solve everything, and how if people say mean things online you can go and beat them up because someday they'll destroy universes so it's okay.

I can still make "friends" in some anime chat that's visited by three people.
You don't know.

It begs the question of what the fuck the Alpha kids were supposed to be. They're too modern to act as standins for 04 culture, yet not modern enough to effectively parody anything else. They have no real reason to exist beyond Hussie's boner for meme number P O E T R Y.

And that's even assuming that Act 6 Act 6 is really a parody of modern internet culture. It uses a lot of the terms and lingo... for some reason, but doesn't actually dig deep into the underlying concepts behind it all.

That does soubd renarkably similar to todays internet

Roxy is gamer grrl

I thought that was Terezi's ancestor.

Roxy had all the nintendos in her room

I very much know these feels, and it's one of the main reasons that homestuck was one of my favorite things for so long. I'm a schizoid-PD who legit hasn't had friends since MSN days. not in the 'oh I go to college and speak to a bunch of people but just don't connect' kind of way, more of a 'I'm a nocturnal autist that was a NEET for the better part of a decade that only found happiness in introspective fantasies' kind of way.

the last person I would have considered a 'friend' from my childhood killed himself in october and it's ben real quiet since.

depressing enough for ya'? post felt to ease the pain.

Yes, yes, I got that, we all get that, but just taking the tropes doesn't equal taking the actual concepts.

The issue is that the modern internet is a huge city. Anonymous, if not literally then figuratively by sheer size. Personal connections are almost impossible to make on a day to day basis, and most interactions are brief, and then forgotten.

There is a difference between a girl who likes video games and a gamer grrl.

Roxy was a total gamer girl, I bet she didn't bathe either.

Yes, a gamer grrl was a manufactured concept used for marketing to retarded virgins that was in turn exaggerated to hellish proportions by nu/vee/.

No, Roxy's a Lalonde, they're clean and fancy. I bet you think Jade has worms as well.

wasn't rose's room the messiest of all the kids?

well, that was implied anyway, before we actually saw every other kid's room making hers look basically fine in comparison. I always thought that was strange.

If anything Jade probably did have any diseases, lacking any and all contact with anything. Her immune system would probably actually be pretty shitty.

>A6A6I5 is called "She's 8ack"
lmao

There's a difference between a messy teenage girl's room and being a yellowblood Vriska tier slob.

Yellowblood Vriska takes me back

Is Karkat still shit? Just checking 8ack.

Oh the long long years.

Yellowblood neet-tier gamer Vriska and ultra-neat freak prissy John Lalonde, a match made in hell

>Rose 'Ya Boi' Strider

>John Lalonde being fought over by Vriska Captor and sweet, kind Rose Egbert

Rose Egbert is a dumb whore who's going to get her ass fucked open by Red Kanaya.

Rose Strider would be too well adjusted to fit into anything in a satisfying way.
Rose Egbert is the girl-next-door type, the sweet nerd who secretly harbors the most hideous, disgusting sexual fantasies you could think of, and wants nothing more than to live a quiet life of being filled full of eldritch god semen day after day.

>not impregnated with grimdark John Egbert's infernal brood

You got the first part correct but the last part wrong

Jade's feet

>hussie was with piggy when he made the rapture
you are dumb

Oh go make more davekat posts piggy

no I mean you are dumb if you thought they ever boned.

Don't forget the happy and energetic Dave Harley, and androgynous coolgirl Jade Strider.

>That Rose Egbert
Jesus christ yes

>95 posts by 15 IPs
wew lad

you might as well just make a discord for this shit

see

>She's 8ack
I'm going to look like a crackpot, but: I feel like this confirms my theory. Hussie did not accidentally write himself into a corner until he needed to fix everything and just happened to pick his waifu because who else. It was not an improvised, spur-of-the-moment thing.

Instead he set up the entire post-retcon part as a loud and final "fuck you for caring about this comic" to the reader, in very Vriska fashion. If he names this part about her, then he's hinting or acknowledging that the end of the comic was meant to be about her (and thus a reader trolling shitshow) from the beginning.

He did not make a honest attempt to finish Homestuck and fail. He knew what he was doing. He sabotaged Homestuck on purpose because he either dislikes what the comic has become (and those who still read it) or sees us as little more than tools for his amusement. That's why he's keeping silent. If he had to open his mouth, he would burst out laughing.

Not this user, but thinking about it, "let the abusers in charge, they will fix everything" is eerily reminiscent of fucked up teenager social justice today.

user, for all we know he could have just named these acts. He probably just did. The fact that the act is named that does not make it planned. Not sure where the fuck you're getting any other idea from.