Im so quirky and british and talk fast

>im so quirky and british and talk fast
Does this get any better?

I fucked your mum in the face.

what makes him quirky?

If you don't like Douglas Adams style absurd nonsense, you won't like this show. If you can deal with Douglas Adams style absurd nonsense and enjoy solving a mystery, you'll really enjoy this.

Underrated gem IMO.

Literally every other line he says and most of his actions "lol i climbed through your apartment window and pretend like that's a normal thing to do im so charming."

>not understanding how the holistic gimmick works
It's literally the core of the show, if you can't deal with Dirk doing things just because you're gonna have a bad time.

So no, it doesn't get good.

I liked it from the first episode, I found Dirk dumbly charming, but I'm also a sucker for a mystery so I wanted to figure out what the fuck was going on. Bart's the best character anyway.

Your mileage may vary.

If Adams had seen the tumblr writing diversity quota action horseshit they had done with his work he would've shit himself.

With joy.

It surprisingly get's exponentially worse by the episode.
It's almost baffling just how poorly written season 2 is.

Dirk is the worst part of the show
well maybe Amanda

I would dig a bart only movie. I doubt she could hold her own show.

This series is to DGHDA what Sherlock is to the Sherlock Holmes stories.

Bumberpunch Cucumberpatch is a lot more likable as Sherlock even if the writing is pretty bad.

Yeah, this idiot is pretty clearly supposed to be a clone of him.

So, was the previous BBC adaptation with Stephen Mangan, better than this?

That was shit.

but yes

No. It's complete fucking garbage. This was the moment where I dropped the Max Landis meme for good. He's a talentless fucking idiot who is the result of nepotism. The books are pretty straightforward and hard to fuck up - and he managed to SPECTACULARLY ruin them. The casting/performance of Dirk is some Tommy Wisseau tier awfulness. It's such a fucking trainwreck of terrible all round.

If you like Douglas Adams writing, you'll hate this fucking abortion of a show.

Tommy Wisseau is genuinely charming though, during screenings of The Room he'd bring a football and pass it to fans.

Spot on except this is even worse owing to them casting a guy doing an impersonation of Milo Yiannopolous as Dirk.

Better? Yes.

Good? No.

It freaks me out how much she looks like her father.

The main character is the worst part of the show and it still manages to be decent. Impressive.

>still manages to be decent

fuck off, Landis

Has he ever made anything good? His best work is probably Wrestling isn't Wrestling which I don't think anyone would have cared about if he didn't get cute girls to play everyone other than himself.

No, everything he's made is trash, and he only has a job because he's the son of a director or some shit.

Then again, no TV has been good since Angel, so whatever.