Can we take a moment to appreciate how good Blizzard is at making patch trailers, motion comics, and animated shorts?

Can we take a moment to appreciate how good Blizzard is at making patch trailers, motion comics, and animated shorts?

youtube.com/watch?v=ixtWdYkJbdE

youtube.com/watch?v=I3QJ8Pgjj3c

youtube.com/watch?v=mUfOIvlC6Eo

youtube.com/watch?v=UW5IYrgOgYU

youtube.com/watch?v=4kEWHO6ycUg

youtube.com/watch?v=NKGuC2_TCIU

youtube.com/watch?v=xk6swO2qtWU

Other urls found in this thread:

teamfortress.com/war/soldier/03.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=4kA9aAdIDG0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhNr563aJWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As opposed to making good games?

lmao

" I MADE BREAD" i love the tf2 stuff

>Can we take a moment to appreciate how good Blizzard is at making patch trailers, motion comics, and animated shorts?
No. It isn't the 90s.

>Finally going to Argus to defeat the Legion

I feel like WoW is approaching the endgame

Ok, but where's Arthas?

>Appreciate anything Blizzard does
Overwatch is a shitty TF2 ripoff with skins instead of hats, WoW hasn't been its original fun self for several expansions now and the community is downright toxic now, all the other games are neglectable because who the fuck plays Heroes of the Storm or D3 any way.

Blizzard should've just made comics and cartoons, videogames are cancer.

And hearthstone is collapsing into a ptw supernova, possibly as a way of Activision/Blizzard cutting their losses.

I like it
The tf2 comics and shorts are funny as shit
But I still feel sad about some of the characterization that was lost from the earlier days.
teamfortress.com/war/soldier/03.htm

Honestly Blizzard should make a cartoon series for Overwatch or something.
The setting is pretty interesting and has some nice lore, but feels wasted on an arena shooter.

...Demonic spaceships?

DEMONIC SPACESHIPS???

I fucking play Rifts and I think that is goddamn ridiculous.

Well they're ultimate goal is to indicate all life in the universe. They gotta travel the stars somehow.

Hearthstone's an RNG-infested piece of shit, you might as well learn to play poker. Costs just as much except you don't have to be a fucking nerd.

...Portals? Portals not good enough any more?

My brother has played WoW since forever and I know more second-hand lore than any non-fan should know, but I must say that I hate everything about it. I know the obvious warhammer parallel, but warcraft takes itself and all of the fluff that comes with it way too seriously and it's so fuckin stupid.

I read the second chronicle volume the other day and we're getting into star wars wiki tiers of autism at this point. Oh and the use of time travel is laughable.

That being said, eh. Cinematics are alright but the in-game model animations look a lil cheap.

I used to love Blizzard, and I admit, they still make good cinematics.

However, I can't forgive them for butchering their lore. In Warcraft, and Starcraft. Overwatch looks to be no better.

I'm jsut waiting till they realize they can get better writers.

Starcraft 2.3 was my disappointment of the decade. It's like they put negative effort into the story.

youtube.com/watch?v=4kA9aAdIDG0

I prefer FFXIV Trailers myself. The cutscenes are actually in the game, and shows content coming in the patch. This one being the exception since they're stretching some of it out to cover the 3 months to Stormblood.

Jesus fucking christ, why does it seem to be ripping off Warhammer so hard these days?

>inb4 Warhammer

godfucking damnit I hate mobile internet

>And hearthstone is collapsing into a ptw supernova, possibly as a way of Activision/Blizzard cutting their losses.

I've gone to Blizzcon the last two years (I barely play their games anymore, it's really just a fun vacation to spend with people I've bonded with over the years when I did give a shit).
Both years everything Hearthstone related was a ghost town.
Every other game had 30 minute to an hour long lines and the Q&A panels were packed to the brim.

But not Hearthstone.
The Q&A panels were pretty much empty.
Nobody got excited for new reveals.
And the Hearthstone demos had no lines by 11AM on the first day during 2015. You could just walk right in and play Hearthstone. They didn't even bother enforcing the time limit on you, since there was never actually anyone waiting for a PC to free up. 2016 wasn't much better.

Dead, there is a new, true neutral Lich King

>appreciate
>Blizzard
go be a drone back in your containment board.

Sure

Over at Sup Forums

>He thinks Bolivar is neutral
>who the fuck plays Heroes of the Stom
>He doesn't play HOTS
Your loss

HotS is just the shitty MOBA genre going full circle, it's okay if if you enjoy playing it but it makes you a giant faggot with too much spare time and no actual friends.

Did you expect a card game to not be ptw?
They use portals to transport the spaceship

No portal means no spaceship is coming through

I actually like HotS the most out of every MOBA, it's designed to be swift and the gameplay is 100% more polished than Lol and Dota.

It is.
After argus the only thing left is N'zoth. Malfurion alludes to this during the emerald nightmare saying he hopes the Legion can be pushed back before the last armies of the old gods awaken.

"The Legion is invading and you need this runeblade to stop them? Well, you're welcome to try but if you fail, I get your soul"

Sounds pretty neutral to me

>I like this piece of shit better than the other turds because this one is smooth and doesn't have corn in it
Sure thing, buddy. You go gobble up your moist shit.

It's Bolvar, but I don't know why I am correcting you, everything you said was just wrong enough

Well he is half good guy resigned to his shit fate, half bad guy who has failed enough times to stop really trying any more.
Neutrality comes pretty naturally to him I'd imagine and messing with his death knights is the closest he has to amusement. At least with arthas, ner'zuhl had a generally subservient if stubborn and prideful headmate. Bolvar is a no fun allowed wet blanket who would never greenlight ideas like raising a silly alchemist and his gnome buddies, or getting a vampire harem.

>Now we execute my plan of getting 4 new Horsemen and turning one of the most powerful death knights back into my service
And then there is the following lines from Arthas, especially the ones that says DK are still bound to the Lich King.

Meanwhile the paladins are summoning a holy version of the Legion.
And hunters are... shooting things with Nessingwary

>And hunters are... shooting things with Nessingwary
HUNTERS #1

Wrong image

After Argus, it's just the Void lords and the old gods.

After that it's either Warcraft 4, or the end of Warcraft. Say what you will, it's been a crazy ride for over 10 years.

"Look, I know he tried to wipe out the world but these homicidal whispers from a master manipulatior really ressonate with me. Just like my good friend, Sara from Ulduar."

Would it be a dick move if Bolvar revived Tirion?
Tirion was willing to take the title of lich king, so being a death knight shouldn't be too bad right?

I would really like Legion if artifacts, legendaries, and basically everything to do with gearing in this xpac wasn't utter shit destroying guilds left and right.

Even the original Vanilla WoW cinematic from 13 years ago that hooked millions of people with just 2:48 of animation still looks amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhNr563aJWs

He isn't wrong, because the Death Knights don't seem to be free from the Lich King.

>Did you expect a card game to not be ptw?
on one hand yes, but on the other hand they just raised the prices abroad such that a Hearthstone pack now costs more than a physical MtG pack. This is on top of them not doing any adventures this year (which are a much better value proposition).

They tried that

Didn't work, the light got really pissed off when Darion Mograine tried to bring back Tirion as a Death Knight. So angry in fact that it killed Darion

Here, let me show you how easy it would be to keep the story going off the top of my head. Each greentext is one expansion.

>Argus could easily be a whole expansion.

>Azshara/N'zoth expansion on some island somewhere. Maybe include Zandalar Isles as well.

>Time Travel shenanigans revealed. Go to the Dragon Isles to help the Dragons fight the Infinite Dragon Flight. Time for Dragon Lore and Wrathion to do something.

>South Pole expansion about the Titans. We need to stop the Infinite Dragon Flight, allies to the Old Gods, from completing whatever diabolical thing they are doing in the past. Need the Titan Watchers help. Lots of Titan Lore. Sargeras might still yet live at this point.

>With the Titans mastery of time, we travel back to old Draenor, following the servants of the Old Gods and the Infinite Dragon Flight to the other continent of Draenor. Lots of lore on the Ogres and other denizens of Draenor. The Old Gods of Azeroth are transplanting the Old Gods of Draenor to Azeroth to allow them the numbers to corrupt Azeroth's heart. They manipulated Garrosh to open the time-ways to Draenor for them so they could salvage the Old Gods of Draenor in a time before they were killed.

>Underdark expansion about the Old Gods and their spawn as we rush to the defence of the heart of Azeroth. Lots of lore on the Old Gods and their servant races. Main time-line Cho'gal, Ner'zul, Azshara and Deathwing revived by the Old Gods as their avatars, along with two others.

>Black Empire expansion. The Black armies are so thoroughly thrashing Azeroth that we must travel back in time to find a weapon or ritual which will banish the Old Gods. We see the Trolls and Mogu in their prime as we witness the collapse of the Black Empire.

>Elemental Planes expansion as the threat of the Void Lords becomes evident. The Old Gods, in their true forms as Void Lords, are re-capturing the Elemental Planes. Ragnaros and Al'Akir are revived and are besieging their old realms, and Neptulon and Therezane defend their realms from two new Elemental Lords under the command of the Void. Put the Emerald Dream in there somewhere.

>Astral Realms expansion, as we fight our way across the other dimensions to the Void Lords. Ethereals, Sha and the Shadowlands get lots of lore as we delve into elemental realms of thought, soul and energy as we take the fight to the Void Lords themselves.

This might have gone better if the death knights had asked the silver hand or velen or someone to tell the light to calm its tits

Draenor canon doesn't have a World Soul or old gods to corrupt it

Character dialogue, lore and quest text infer that there are Old Gods somewhere under Draenor.

>Cho'gal
>The Pale going crazy
>The Earth Elementals going crazy
>The Kobalds fear the things in the depths.
>The old Drogbar got killed by Old God spawn.
>The Plants and Mushrooms are going crazy because Old Gods
>Anzu talks about them. Anzu thinks they are kinda boring to talk to

>Attack the Paladin class hall
>Doesn't kill anyone but knocks them down
>Then try to resurrect one of the Lights champion
>Doing all this on holy ground

>Expecting anyone to be able to calm the light down after doing all that
Draenor does not have a world soul, it has life but no soul.

Lore changes. Read Chronicles 1 and 2

Old God? Maybe, but it has no world soul.
>Unlike Azeroth, Draenor did not have a titan world-soul, which led to the distinct differences between Azerothian elementals and Draenic furies: while Azeroth's elementals are chaotic as a result of Azeroth's world-soul devouring much of the element of Spirit (which is essential to keeping the elements in balance), the furies of Draenor are much more harmonious and actually work together to preserve the natural balance of the world. This large amount of Spirit led to an abundance of plant life, including the Sporemounds
>The Plants and Mushrooms are going crazy because Old Gods
Oh no they where always like that
Wrong plane m8, no Drogbar on Draenor.

>Wrong plane m8, no Drogbar on Draenor.
You are right, I mixed up Draenor and the Broken Isles.

All bullshit aside, why can't most people stick to the original lore they wrote? What's the point of changing shit repeatedly?

Again they could have told us the plan first. Bolvar was a cool dude we could probably have had Tirion shipped to Northrend. Or at least acherus.

Well in Metzen's case, he frequently just forgets shit.

It's all the cocaine.

I would have laughed so hard if after losing Tirion the DKs took Uther as a consolation.

All the new stuff with Odynn is especcially bad.

He's somehow Thorim's father despite chronicles putting out thats impossible.

He's the god of storms according to the Vrykul

He's a great guy, though he has a tendency to use necromatic magics and enslave souls, including that of his adopted daughter.

He apparently never knew how strong none-Vrykul were and had never let on in the halls of valor. Oops, as of 7.2 he's apparently been hosting annual tournament in the halls of valor, tournaments that a Shaldorei elf always wins.

He lets only great warriors into the halls of valor. Wait nevermind, all the women are aspiring paladins or are already paladins, and it also has lots of rune casters and hunters.

Like what the hell is with all this Vrykul and Odynn focus. Did blizzard just think players would automatically like it? Because its just terrible. Warriors got fucked hard with legion.

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't. It's not like Uther or the original members of the Silver Hand died on sacred ground so they could've probably found them in the places that Arthas killed them.

Warriors have it good.
At least odyn builds on a good expansion like wrath, instead of being HEY REMEMBER MISTS? like the monks, or a complete meme fest like hunters.

But the Monk campaign was awesome. It was just about getting the best beer on the islands and getting drunk enough to beat the shit out of the Legion.

Shaman's was fun enough. Just cleaning up Cara's messes.
Bringing peace to the elements, reinstating new fire and wind Lords, all that jazz.
Shame enhancement's artifact quest was dull as fuck.

The Void can reach everywhere, But Old gods are a specific type of minion.

I'll explain it to you.

Thorim sees Odyn as a father role as he was prime Designate.

He's able to project an image into the world, but physically, he's bound to the Halls of Valor.

He admires Valor and courage above all, Valor is not "being nice" it's being a strong and balls strong warrior. He saw individuals do good, but he thought none of them could bat an eye to his Valajar.

Warriors are basically told outright "You are the best Fighters in the world, literally no other people are good enough to lead the Valajar"

We're basically confirmed as the main character.

But the Vrykul of Legion have nothing to do with the Northrend ones, aside from the Klavdir which were the most minor villains in the whole expansion. Odynn himself wasnt even hinted at in WotLK.

yeah, blizzards level of polish in things like 3d design (characters environments etc) is very unique to me and i would love nothing more than to know how it actually happens behind closed doors with their team of artists
hearthstone has one of the best UIs of any game period, like damn
since this is Sup Forums i'll leave my token gripe, the games aren't that good anymore

In wow you need an active summoner at the location to summon

The light protects, and I think Bolvars plan never was about resurrecting Tirion but getting Darion under his control Light protects him even more, besides he is a skeleton

>spaceships
what?

They've been around for a while now. Not exactly new.

I wish Blizzard still made good games. Ever since they joined forces with Activision, they don't care about making quality products anymore, they only care about screwing us out of our money.

Hell, Diablo III is massively inferior to Diablo II. StarCraft II is inferior to the original StarCraft + Brood War.

I'm done buying any further Blizzard games. They even managed to ruin World of Warcraft when Cata came out. It's not a game that's even remotely worth playing anymore, much less worth paying a $15 monthly fee to play.

>Hell, Diablo III is massively inferior to Diablo II
explain

>Just left a WoW thread on Sup Forums
>Having a blizzard thread on Sup Forums
Okay then I guess. I am excited for the new Diablo season. Diablo III is pretty fun with my pals.

Reaper of Souls fixed a lot of the problems with Vanilla Diablo 3, but the initial launch was abysmal.

>shit gameplay
>shit characters
>shit story
>shit graphics
>shit visual direction and artstyle
>literally made to be just the test vehicle of RMAH for titan
>horrible community management, no bugfixes, not listening to feedback

Literally nothing redeeming about that abortion.

It really does still hold up amazingly well.

>Diablo III is pretty fun with my pals.
Enjoying the new legendary system, user?

Fair enough.

>shit gameplay
Mhmm. I bet you never touched hardcore mode, pussy.
>shit characters
Agreed.
>shit story
Act 4 and Act 5 was pretty nice. But the lore itself is all over the place.
>shit graphics
Build a better computer.
>shit visual direction and artstyle
Post your work.
>literally made to be just the test vehicle of RMAH for titan
Irrelevant.
>horrible community management, no bugfixes, not listening to feedback
Not really. The only "feedback" they ignore are the Anti-Paragon babies.

Primal Legendaries are okay.
Me and my friends don't play hardcore GR 105 progression or anything, we just run rifts while shooting the shit.
It doesn't effect my playstyle really.

That bait is not even worth a detailed response except this one.

>Not really. The only "feedback" they ignore are the Anti-Paragon babies.

I was a tester since the earliest days of closed beta and sent him fucking novels about shitty design choices, possible exploits and just plain old bugs. They completely ignored everything. Some of the bugs, including typos went on live.

>Post your work.
What a retarded argument.

Thats how you know its bait and dont reply to it.

>They completely ignored everything. Some of the bugs, including typos went on live
Got any screenshots? Search engines yield only two examples.

>StarCraft II is inferior to the original StarCraft + Brood War.
is it really? Because the original Starcraft is a very flawed game

>baiting this obviously.

SC 2 is dead, BW has a bigger professional scene again.

>>baiting this obviously.
>SC 2 is dead
Not him, but want me to post screen caps and/or links?

How are they going to butcher Overwatch?

It was butchered from the get go. It can't get worse from here.

Eh, I like it well enough

>That hammy, faux 'profound' way of speaking

I miss when blizzard actually directed the VA's