I read the haunted comic and now my head hurts and i almost fainted. What do i do?

I read the haunted comic and now my head hurts and i almost fainted. What do i do?

Cut an S into your right hand
Place it on the Page where Flash Dies
And whisper "Yes, Father. I shall become a Bat"

>tfw too dumb to understand any of Grant morrison's works

I really hate the fact that you need a 200 IQ in order to understand the shit that he writes.

It doesnt matter what you do, you belong to the gentry now.

I think a thought demon created by dr manhatten has enterd my mind. Im not crazy, but im too weak to read the rest of the comic. HELP ME Sup Forums, I SHOULDNT HAVE READ IT

ultra comics was really... really mediocre

it tackled metafiction on an extremely surface level. It does nothing more than points at the fact that yes, it is a story and yes, it has readers. If you take for example something like Barth's Lost in the Funhouse, he at least toys with a couple of ideas relating to the concept of metafiction rather than just observing it and going 'look, this is a thing!'

But we needed to focus to defeat the idea destroying gentry. Im really fucking scared now you guys

That was kinda the point of Ultra Comics and honestly the whole of Multiversity; everything was left at surface level so that future writers could expand upon it and actually get deep about it. That's why there's 5 unidentified Earths on the multiverse map. Future writers are suppose to fill in the blanks.

Also, it's more of a dig at the fact that the readers are the one's who are the true final boss, because we want to see our heroes fight a real never-ending battle.

I see the Meta-Recruiter is in this thread.

but Ultra Comics is the whole point of Multiversity. While stuff like The Just and Pax Americana had more of a world to explore, Ultra Comics was literally the 'plot' of Multiversity. It just didn't add much to the series.

Okay, I can agree with that.

It is a treat to see people who've never read meta-fiction read Ultra Comics though.

This is now a Hypercrisis thread. I was reading Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld and in it it is revealed that Gemworld was created after the magical creatures fled Earth in the past and made a deal with demons to be allowed to make their land in this new realm (Hell), this is the same explanation given for the formation of The Land of Fairie in The Books of Magic series. Additionally, I had just read Action Comics #886, in which it's revealed that almost all Supernatural/Metaphysical planes of existence exist within or are connected to a magical realm called Sorcerer's World. Here's where it gets interesting, Both Gemworld and Fairie eventually free themselves from their contract with Hell, it's at this point that they must be given asylum by Dream to stay within The Dreaming. This not only solves the issue of these separate realms being said to exist within the Dreaming in the Multiversity map, but it also fits with Sorcerer's World encompassing all these dimensions because Hell and Nightmare (a section of the Dreaming) are right next to each other on the map. Which also explains the connection between the 5'th Dimension (Imagination) and The Dreaming, because what's the distinction between Dreams (ideas) and imagination? If the Dreaming exists within the 5D or the 5D exists on the outskirts of the Dreaming, both existing within or being connected to Sorcerer's World which also has many other magical realms within/connected to it, this would explain why Mr. Mxzptlk had such a hard time finding Morpheus among all the other realities. Also, In Warlord Travis Morgan is near death in a dream state and sees Death as a beautiful woman (possibly Death of the Endless), who casts him into Nightmare. This would make sense because Nightmare is a part of her brother's realm.

Additionally in Swamp Thing The Great Migration by The Parliament of Trees from The Garden of Eden may be connected to The Great Migration of the city of Atlantis. If you dig deep enough there's no such thing as continuity errors, it all fits. Everything is canon.

Welcome the Gentry into your mind and help them usher into the end of the world.

Im still new to hypercrisis. How can the christian god be real if all the inconsistancies are still in place. And dont we have our own heros in this world. Also, i met the corinthian in a dream once

>everything was left at surface level so that future writers could expand upon it and actually get deep about it.

Except for Mastermen, which had it's entire metaplot and backstory laid out in concrete, and to a similar extent The Just.

The problem is that saying the work is supposed to be shallow and mediocre is nothing more than spin, that they're features instead of bugs. A work doesn't have to sit on the surface level to allow future writers space to utilize the concepts. Multiversity is frustrating as hell because despite the amount of time Morrison worked on it chunks of it are underdeveloped and excusing it by saying it's supposed to be that way feels dismissive from the standpoint of a reader and a consumer.

>How can the christian god be real if all the inconsistancies are still in place
Man made God in his own image

Explain further

I hate to break it to you, but most of Morrison's works aren't particularly complex, just dense and referential. If you read or listen to interviews Morrison has given it's really easy to pick up his themes.

It wouldn't be dismissive if other writers weren't shit and actually took the material and ran with it like intended. You don't expect the first issue of a series to give you everything, it's supposed to set up stuff for the writer to work with in the future (and possible future writers years down the line).

>Also, i met the corinthian in a dream once
RIP was nice knowing you, chump.

Everytime you touch yourself you are touching Jesus dick

It was like a month ago. And it was pretty cool too. Havent read sandman in years, does that mean im gonna die soon, because thatd be pretty great desu

Are you saying we are our own gods? The silver city is paradise from all religions?

The The way I see it is that worship transcends causality in a way, Enough people thought up and prayed to the Abrahamic god so much so that that god and story became the truth.

humans have the power to create things more powerful than them. even things capable of time travel. YHVH was born 6529BC, and after conquering the rest of the pantheon he was born into He went back in time and retconned history so that He made everything.

Man is flawed and a flawed thing cannot be perfect yet Man made God to be perfect so God's existence is a twisted pretzel where he is flawed but without flawed at the same time. this caused n-dimensional chafing whenever He acts which creates inconsistencies where two mutually exclusive outcomes happen simultaneously and both are 'true'

In Swamp Thing it's shown the afterlives of aliens and other religions exist on the outskirts of Heaven.

>Enough people thought up and prayed to the Abrahamic god so much so that that god and story became the truth.
To counter act this puritain shit, plz tell me the old ones exsist too. If i have to have a god, i want it to be able to tentacle fuck me

>6529BC
But wouldnt some pre roman religion have been involved that far back?

But why are humans, a tier 3 civilization, the center focus of the universe in forms of afterlives?

You don't get to blame hypothetical followup writers for the flaws in a work. Just because no one wants to continue the story doesn't change the fact that SoS has no narrative structure, practically zero characterization, and little worldbuilding.

Morrison has done this shit before in Seven Soldiers and people built off of what he did with Klarion, Frankenstein, Shining Knight (Cornell's version is far superior to Morrison's), and even Bulleteer, whose mini ended with her completely rejecting anything to do with superheroes or villainy.

>You don't get to blame hypothetical followup writers for the flaws in a work

You do when the whole point of the project is to establish baseline rules for other writers and artists to expand upon, which they proceed to not do out of disinterest/laziness/creative sterility.

Sorry, but Lovecraftian stuff is firmly rooted as fictional within the collective conscious. At best you could get ironic Cthulhu.

>plz tell me the old ones exsist too.
sure they do. old testament even has stories about God fighting them

it was only later revisions that changed those entities from gods to 'mere' demons

The argument is that parts of Multiversity themselves aren't good as stories, not how well they function as baseline rules for other writers.

are you a grill?
pls be in london

See, this is what I hate. Instead of actually discussing the comic and the concepts it played with/examined, you guys would rather role play.

Well there is an old one aspect of Dream.

Because Earth is the center of the multiverse in the DCU, and Humans are the dominate species on Earth. And if god created humanity/humanity created god it stands to reason that the afterlife would represent them more.

Now you're another thought-slave of the gentry you fucker. Now they're one step closer to taking our world.

Yeah but they wouldn't have written down and writing is the key to the literal memetic magic we are talking about, not the shit they peddle on Sup Forums. This is actual metamemetics

If you believe hard enough, a tentacle rape realm with form itself within the collective unconscious to accommodate you when you finally return to the realm of hyperthought.

You might need to start a cult though first, although it might be better if you just created a realm of thinking/religion where you just become a god of your own realm after death, so you can just switch between tentarape and other stuff on the fly

that's what I'm banking on anyway

That's your answer to everything.

You killed him! You killed him! Damn you, you maniac, you killed him!

And so did I

Ok OP. I'll teach you something to help. It's a magical word that when shouted will summon the power of heroes to your aid. Within this word contains the might of DC's heroes!

Clark the hero of strength!
Hal the hero of will!
Arthur the hero of the sea!
Diana the hero of battle!

Jones the hero of the mind!
Allen the hero of speed!
Wayne the hero of night!
Stone the hero of technology!

Together with their power shout the magic word and summon them within you!

CHAD JAWS!

I understand your reasoning but to me it's just a bunch of Issue Ones with a metaplot between them.

And the pirate Dark Conrad from Swamp Thing worships the old ones.

It was more about the decay of the ideal and transcendent in pop culture than an exploration of the mechanics of metaficiton though. See that panel where Ultra changes from a hero that helps to a hero that fails to a hero that doesn't care.

It was Flex Mentallo with a more "no seriously you can fuck yourself up if you don't try to be the hero of your own story I've seen too many people at comic conventions please go outside and start talking to people" bent.

Humanity is secretly the start of the 5th world. We're all divine beings but because we're all so neurotic and lacking in self confidence we transfer the power that is within us outside of ourselves where it congeals into archetypal beings in the godrealm.

During Morrison's WW3 humanity briefly ascends to low-level godhood to fight off Mageddon. That was a few minutes of godhood. Imagine a day.