How the fuck do you people watch the new SJ and overlook its shit writing? Aku kept Jack monitored at all times...

How the fuck do you people watch the new SJ and overlook its shit writing? Aku kept Jack monitored at all times, there's no fucking reason AT ALL for him to stop and not know he lost his sword.

He obviously keeps track of Jack, since he knows he hasn't aged and has grown a "stupid beard". But Aku himself hasn't visited (Earth?) for a while now, and there's technically no reason Jack needs to break out the sword against Aku's minions, so its lack of appearance isn't unheard of.

that's a piss fucking excuse. If he's not visiting him, he was at least always able to see him.

There is no reason he should have stopped and for years at that.

My theory is that he stopped watching Jack because he's too depressed to find out he's still alive, however, he still receives news about him through the people who visit him.

After the duel in the desert Aku suspects any apparent loss of the sword as a ruse.

Easy.

Want to look for another bit of "shit writing" or are we done here?

They reached a stalemate, but it was clearly not a stalemate that really bothered Aku all that much since he's continued to be the undisputed master of the entire Earth and possibly other planets.

He probably spent 10 or 15 years going all-in on trying to kill Jack, realized it was getting him fucking nowhere, and then decided to refocus his strategy to destroying all the time portals, pulling back out of harms way, and sending the occasional assassin or army of minions to kill him while trying to wait out the clock for Jack to die. Episode 2 makes it seem like he's just now coming to terms with the fact that it won't work.

I will ignore that and continue enjoying it, just to fuck with you.

Aku doesn't even want to look at Jack for a long time. His scientists keep tabs on him, but none of them ever noticed he lost the sword. Aku would've noticed if he looked at Jack for more than a second.

At some point, Aku became a shut-in who wanted to wait out Jack's demise. I could see him feeling pretty stupid about it.

Dude there's nothing to misunderstand here.

>Aku monitors Jack all the time at the beginning
>Eventually accepts that he just can't kill the fucker
>Eventually get rid of all the time portals and decides to just wait it out
>Waits a decade or two until he realizes he hasn't aged a day
>Just gives up, makes some automated system to send robots and mercenaries every now and then, but doesn't bother to check himself anymore
>At some point after this Jack loses the sword
>If Scaramouche is of any indication, anyone who notices that the sword is missing gets offed before they can tell Aku so he remains ignorant.

You realize Aku doesn't have to care whether or not Jack has the sword, right? The fact he has sent countless bounty hunters and robots for fifty fucking years who have not killed this one guy despite any of the conditions he was in during that time is why he's just done with focusing on or thinking about the problem outside of when someone, like the scientists, remind him.
When he woke up in Episode 2 the only thing he was bothering with is who was there to pay tribute and he was going to go right back to sleep or whatever until his R&D guys brought up the useless bug they'd been wasting resources on.

He even says to himself in therapy if only there was someone who would just kill Jack for free so he doesn't have to even try anymore.

Aku just wants to go on with his day now, like the Lava Monster and countless others he's probably just gotten bored of messing with Jack. The difference is Jack has autonomy to move around and interfere with things, so it's like spraying for bugs every day only to wake up in the middle of the night and see a roach scurrying around.

Besides the sword isn't actually even irreplaceable. If Aku does to Jack what he did to the Emperor and fights him without it, the gods can, have and likely will just step in and give Jack another sword or teleport his old one into his hands.

Jack probably lost the sword a mere 5 years ago.

Oh he fucking cares user. That's the only thing that can kill him.

It's a cartoon, retard.

>At some point, Aku became a shut-in who wanted to wait out Jack's demise. I could see him feeling pretty stupid about it.

I love to imagine the reaction the moment he actually finds out about the sword, he'd probably shut down for a minute then immediatly blast off at supersonic speed to the other side of th world yelling SAMURAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIII

> You realize Aku doesn't have to care whether or not Jack has the sword, right?

Did you forget what happened when Jack didn't have his sword once

Noice

Writing has never been one of this show's strong suits.

>shit writing
A perceived plot hole doesn't automatically make the entire show bad. Stop thinking in absolutes.

Also, if you're watching SJ for its writing than you really shouldn't be watching it at all.

EXTRA THICK

>true, pure kino
>paying attention to plot at all

I didn't know such plebeian filth existed

Right? I'm glad someone said it.

Take into account he's been chasing the samurai for 50 years and losing each time to him. For an immortal demon who conquered not just one planet but multiple planets throughout the galaxy/universe to lose not once but every time to a samurai is a huge hit to his ego. I bet after so many loses and when the last time portal was wrecked he probably just said "fuck it, he can't go back and he hasn't been successful killing me in this time era so let just leave it at that." Thus the beginning of episode 2 with him having his therapy sessions with himself and talking about how he no longer want to deal with Jack.

Also we don't know how recently it was since he lost that sword, whether it was at the beginning of the 50 year time gap or sometime toward the start of the new season. Judging how the first robot assassin in episode 1 had no idea that Jack had lost the sword, it goes to say that Jack have been killing all assassin who come after him, so no one can report it back to Aku.

the opening scene and Jack's dialogue with himself informs the audience that Aku has long given up on keeping tabs on Jack, growing despondent while his minions still dutifully try to slay Jack down to no avail.

>lost his sword.

Fucking, is it so hard to imagine that Aku stopped giving a fuck sometime before Jack lost the sword?

We don't know when exactly he lost the sword.

He didn't age a day, in the flashback he just doesn't have a beard and it tells us jack shit about when exactly he lost the sword.

>jack didn't lose his sword in any self-sacrificial way
>he lost it by it falling down a hole

Oh yeah, I forgot it broke in the comic

Where do I find the new episodes? Haven't seen this cartoonkino yet.

LISTEN, WHETHER HE STOPPED GIVING A FUCK OR NOT HE COULD JUST PEEK AT HIM ONCE IN A WHILE.

IT'S HARMLESS TO HIM.

From the original series, we can infer he can't use his view portals to view anything he wants, rather any location he wants (barring magically protected zones). Otherwise he wouldn't have such trouble finding things or have his assassins destroy villages to lure Jack out.

Keeping track of Jack's location at all times would be difficult, especially since Jack prefers to lay low.

Asshurt SU fag detected

Then you know what happens next.

Nah I never read it, I just know that from someone posting a promo on 4chin

He probably did peek at him, but only long enough to notice the beard. Then he was disgusted and went back to his room. Either that or his minions reported that he had a beard which was so trivial it annoyed him.

SAMU-FRY!!! Ha! Good one Aku.

AKU'S CASTLE IS A SAFE SPACE

Jack penetrated it once in comics you know that right?

There's just something about Aku this epsiode that bothers me, can't put my finger on it,

I'm an ignorant fuck with no real education on animation and stuff, am I wrong when I say that the new Aku feels sorta CalArts influenced?

Meant to quote this one, whoops

Genndy doesn't consider them part of his story

So jack is a human and aku use robots, why don`t he just use some poison or/and radiation to weed-out the foolish samurai?

>am I wrong when I say that the new Aku feels sorta CalArts influenced?
Yes because Aku doesnt have the shitty circle head on a stick hentai body style

welp.

Your argument was ruined in three posts. Maybe you should think for a second before bitching next time.

I thought he looked very, very off model.

>That's the only thing that can kill him.
That and the gods can, but haven't.

Aku learns from his mistakes.

The first time he underestimated the Emperor he learned that higher powers may interfere if he kills and destroys without keeping prisoners close.

That's why the first thing he says to the Emperor when they meet again is "not this time" as he takes the Emperor captive, not the sword, to swiftly subjugate the empire.

The Empress, Jack and the sword were well within reach, but no concern as far as Aku saw it, since the only ones who caused him trouble specifically were the Emperor and gods. The weapon was seemingly made by them from thin air once and therefore could be made again, so he took the warrior.

The Emperor even warned Jack not to get cocky recognizing Aku had changed, but Jack didn't know his enemy yet and now he's stuck in the future because Aku learned it's better to banish an opponent if he cannot flee.

Aku also smartly amassed authority and an army during the time to zerg rush and strong arm any group or opposition without getting personally involved anymore.
For example in the case of the Water Goddess gem, he built around it so no one else could have its resource if he couldn't take it away.

People still aren't getting it, I'm saying every time Aku learns something about Jack or the sword from defeat he adapts to the problem by not engaging it as bluntly anymore.

Did (You) forget Jack vs Aku? Aku tried to take and destroy the sword instead of using it against Jack like he tried before in the cemetery, he even mentions the whole "some of us have to live with our mistakes" thing as does it, only to learn that Jack is smarter than assumed.

Aku had thought Jack was fooled and helpless, so he underestimated him. Jack knew he would. Then Aku lost the gamble and the fight, learned another lesson and flew off as usual.

That was the last direct fight we saw between them. Aku's not playing that shit anymore.

to kill the samurai, you must became the samurai!

He crystal gems now, he can pull sords out of his rectum now, such is the way of samurai.

Not canon.

Just look at it from Aku`s perspective, you was thinking that the sword is the only thing that can destroy you and that annoying meatbag in white pajamas is just an accessory to the sord, but apparently he is some sort of sword factory.

>the cucks who made this comic actually thought they were concluding Samurai Jack

MASAKA!
『STANDO』?!

But that would be realistic emulation of what would happen if Aku knew about the lost sord, only in cartoon they would stretch it up to 3 episodes.

Roses are red,
violets are blue.
Omae wa mou
shindeiru?!

>try to kill this guy for almost a decade
>fail every single time
>new plan: destroys time portals and wait it out
>watch and wait for your foe to just die from old age
>30+ years past
>he doesn't age
>you are stuck with this guy forever
>you give up and stop watching out of depression
was that so hard?

Do you think Jack will get back to the past?

NANI

He pretty much has to at this point

there's no way he can't, right?

『INNER UNIVERSE』

I have a feeling he'll die, which would be lame and cliche at this point.

It needs to happen. More so with Jack saying that he has to get back in the opening of Season 5. I mean it could go full depression like he kills Aku of the current timeline, goes back in the past to kill him there, moment he is fully into the past grows rapidly old and dies.

IT IS DONE!

>moment he is fully into the past grows rapidly old and dies
pls

I wouldn't be able to handle that

If he doesn't I'll shoot up CN's office

Bombing produces more casualties.

>the sword was inside me this whole time
What a cliche, shitty payoff to the series.

>the moment you realize aku can be really fucking scary when he needs to be

Thanks for the storytime

Aku hasn't been monitoring Jack, after a while he gave up and tried to pretend he didn't exist. Jack has still been roaming around, saving people and has become a legendary figure. Word spreads about him and Aku can't help hearing about him. That's probably how he knows Jack is alive + has the beard.

Definitely the bomb option

It was literally inside his father though, so if anything it would be consistent.
Convenient, admittedly, for him not to think to draw it sooner for five decades to draw tension but consistent.

I almost feel like that's how it's going to end. It's something we haven't seen in western animation and Genn claims he plans something that has never been done before for the series ending.

I thought the second episode made pretty clear that he got bored years ago.

Although I do find a little weird that he cares yet doesn't check on him every once in a while.

If you want to talk about an actual flaw though, I find it weird that no one has told Aku that Jack lost the sword, it makes sense for him to stop cheking on him but at least you would expect someone to tell Aku that they saw Jack and he had no sword.

>I bomb with propane and propane accessories

SU doing it all the time, what are you bitching about?

Jack kills all of the bounty hunters before they can report to Aku, or Jack only lost the sword relatively recently (within the past few years)

Yes but even in the second episode Aku learns that Jack is back from the past from a waitress at a club, you would expect people like her all around the universe, including earth.

aw man

Time to prepare for feels

That was in a densely populated city controlled by Aku. It's been kind of implied that since he lost his sword he's been trying to keep a low profile (he has a mask on in the beginning when he saves the doggos)

I guess that makes sense

It's the way of all good samurai flicks and shows

They gotta die

I can't believe I'm saying this but nerdy zelda is a qt

We don't know when Jack lost the sword. All we know is Aku retreated to his hideout to let time kill Jack but WTF people still keep talking about this mother fucker 50 years later god dammit!

that entire episode was gorgeous. and the scene with jack in the air with the aku tentacles was some scary shit even for the animation at the time. I know the story is supposed to be goofy at times too, but the sword, at worst a blunt object, not being able to even scratch jack was some really goofy shit.

>Oooo Samurai.... where are youuuu, Sam-ou-rai

In SU it's not a stupid asspull, their weapon summoning abilities are well defined and shared among all their kind.

I see it as what happens when it's destroyed, but not when it's lost. He was able to make another with his inner spirit, but he put it all into the sword and so long as it is out there, in one piece, he can't make another.

OP you just got rekt.

Now shut the fuck up cunt.