Star Wars- The Force Awakens

I have only watched Episode 7 once and that was on opening night at my local cinema and with The Last Jedi almost upon us I thought that I would re-watch this one to be ready.
What were they thinking? I honestly don't know how this story got the greenlight to be filmed.
Not only is there an overuse of familiar tones to previous films in the franchise but they added the infamous disney quip to almost every second line that was spoken.

I couldn't even make it past Rey and Finn escaping from Jakku because it just felt so dull that a scavenger could have the skill and experience to fly the Millennium Falcon which for some lazy story excuse was just sitting there waiting to be flown.

Rey outflew 3-4 tie fighters.. In what world would she ever have the knowledge and experience to do that in such an awkward designed ship?! (Yes I understand Anakin did it as a child, but lets not forget he had R2D2 for a co-pilot and half of it was pure luck! Chosen One Am I Right?!).

It is trash and I have my doubts that The Last Jedi will be any better.

The force let her fly it. Even if she wasn't a force user sometimes the force just picks people it protects like Chirrut and Han.

>It is trash and I have my doubts that The Last Jedi will be any better.

TFA was trash because JJ Abrams makes wannabe Spielberg trash. TLJ might be good because Rian Johnson is a good director with his own unique vision.

Anakin was good at podracing which is why he managed to fly the´space ship to some exctent

JJ purposufully erased all original ideas that the concept art had
He is the dullest most play safe guy in Hollywood
I mean its not that the plot was ANH copy but all the ships and little details were copies too.
In TFA the first order only has one ship, you know why?
Cause there was only one star destroyer in ANH

Really? god damn what a hack.

It's seriously the blandest shit they could have possibly produced. There's no reason to give a fuck about any of it

Also, apparently the Millennium Falcon is near indestructible now.It smashes into pretty much every sort of surface and material possible during the movie. I got the sense that it could take some hits in the OT, but that was mainly down to it's shields. And C3PO would remind them how few hits left they had before they got totaled. There's was no mention of them losing external pipes or cables to sheering damage, like how Han worried about the mynocks chewing through them in the asteroid scene in Empire.

JJ threw it around like a kid's Frisbee. It legitimately gets offensive on the second viewing.

Yep noticed that when I was trying to sit through the escape from Jakku.

Its only bad because they reused alot of plots from the OT. The humor was great and alot like ANH, faggots on here just hate it because it stars a black man. I hate this pack mentality of collective shit taste on this god forsaken board
>IE: its bad but not nearly as bad as Sup Forums says it is

>Jakku wasn't originally a desert planet
>the monster sequence was originally supposed to happen on Felucia
>Rey was originally a qt Asian

I like it, I agree it's super safe and can easily be seen as ANH again but there's enough in it that I'm interested in seeing more of a post-ROTJ universe. This is coming from someone who's already a Star Wars fan though and enjoys seeing the different eras. I'm just hoping TLJ helps set it apart from the Vader era kind of like how the TOR and Clone Wars eras have their own flavor.

Agreed. Honestly though im a little bummed out about TLJ. The toyline for it shows nothing but really boring characters in it, and unlike previous star wars films theres not going to be any breakout charactrrs like lando or memorable scenes like the cantina. The director looked like he wanted to make a very serious and boring film, which for something like star wars is a big mistake.

or maybe people hate it because its a complete retreading of the plot from AHN while ALSO having forced diversity by jj "have you ever seen the oscars just a sea of white people so i said if i had the option we would use minorities" Abrams

The universe in TFA made no sense. None. I've seen better world building in 80s Conan ripoffs.

I like Kylo a lot but I'm totally on board with the whole "skywalkers are overly emotional" thing. I think Poe is great so I hope they use him more, Finn can get a little quippy in serious sense but I still found him likable.

What didn't make sense?

You're not allowed to have a unique vision when the mouse is footing the bill. How naiive are you?

>”wahhhh a black man in star wars”
Kill yourself, finn was the most likable character in it. As much as i hated the plot the characters were fine you whiney Sup Forumsfag shit

That's JayJay, Disney has been fine with letting their acquired properties do what they want mostly.

>What didn't make sense?

Everything to do with the First Order and Starkiller Base. Jakku not being in the outer rim. The Resistance. The Hosnian System being visible from Maz Kanata's planet.

I love how everyone loves to meme about Aragorn's tax policy yet they always complain that TFA doesn't make sense because "hurr how did the first order have the money to build the starkiller why weren't there any space c-span scenes"

STAR WARS IS SPACE FANTASY YOU FUCKING AUTISTS. I'M SORRY THE EU MADE YOU THINK IT WAS A DOCUMENTARY

Have fun having your dreams crushed again.

What dreams? Even if the new movies suck I still have the old ones.

I used to like Finn, but the actor turned out to be an insufferable cunt.
Every interview I see him in, I just want to deck him Makes me hate the character, and his whine twitter quotes

>finn was the most likable character in it
The fuck he was! He was absolutely insufferable. But I guess you liked his head bobbin' and "WHO CAPPIN' NOW PHASMA?" acting, right?

So what? 99% of actors are insufferable, that's why they're playing characters.

>ignoring that han immediately tells him to knock it off

Except for the fact that they're completely irrelevant now. Empire makes me sick now knowing that all of Han and Leias flirting ends up with them hating each other and having a monkey for a son.

>Except for the fact that they're completely irrelevant now.
I don't care

>defending niggers this much
You'd probably let one fuck your girlfriend if she wanted right?

in the next years star wars will be so shitted on quality wise that we will look even at the old movies in doubt. disney will destroy this piece of pop culture and it will be glorious

Can't wait for LOTR to go down the same road.
>user do you like LOTR?
>uhh yeah, Return was my favorite
>Return? Ohh I'm talking about the show, not those silly DATED moves
this is the world we wanted

>99% of actors are insufferable,
Maybe but most are smart enough to seem likeable in public and are good at masking it.
He on the other hand isn't

Okay? I don't read actor's twitter posts so it doesn't affect me at all.

I hope what happened to Battlefront 2 happens to the last Jedi. Bomb city.

now that will hurt a bit, not going to lie... but to make an omlette we have to break some eggs as they say

You're letting your opinion of the actor outside of the film influence your perception of his performance within the movie

this is the same shit as people who say "hurr I can't watch braveheart or lethal weapon because mel gibson is a gross racist"

I think being a cranky old fuck is a good career move for him, he was pretty good in Bloodfather.

>ignoring that he still continues to suck through the entire movie

Droid please!

Mark Hamil turned into a little shit fag. Never had a problem before fucking twitter existed.

How glorious would that be? People finally getting fed up with their bullshit and just tearing them down piece by piece as they struggle to stay afloat.

Okay? I don't care what affects you
You're the one responding to me dipshit

>You're the one responding to me dipshit
We're responding to each other.

A comes before B

The omelettes have already been made, they're just stuffing dessert after dessert down our throats.

on rewatch, some of the side characters felt so...pointless. poe what for? phasma what and why (her actions and 'importance'), i think if we would have scratched those two for example and didn't treat chewbakka like disposable trash it would have felt more...familiar and relatable, maybe, maybe I'm wrong

and he barely did that when its show the ships kind of have an autopilot feature
rey should have been portrayed as a scavenger/mechanic then she could have the skills she displayed

yeah and we're about to puke soon, but that will be the beautiful 'omlette' I'm watiting for. the puke omlette

Lol captain phasma, the most disloyal soldier in the galactic history
And still got promoted

You can't completely seperate the artist from the art. Not that I think you should.

What's fucking stupid though is them taking the Falcon at the end of the movie to look for Luke. I can take having the Falcon as their early escape vehicle as a fun little coincidence, but the ship was always, canonically in the story, a huge piece of shit that broke down all the time and only really mattered because it's the ship Han had. When you're sending your Magical God Child to go find the one most important guy you've been fucking looking for forever, you don't send them out into the unknown depths of space in a fucking broken down 80 year old junker.

You didnt get the memo, the MF is another character now and the best ship ever built

Why did Han give it to Lando to take on the second Death Star then?

TFA was literally the only movie that I've slept while watching in the movie theatre. It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen and completely devoid of the originality and passion that made the first 2 movies actually good (and that's not saying much since Star Wars is an extremely overrated franchise anyway).

Humor was pretty good and had the star wars feel but it was a bad movie my dude and worse, a bad star wars reboot
>no Jedi
>villain has seemingly limitless power and free reign on the galaxy
>heroes are a rag tag resistance

Remind you of something?
Imagine how good it would've been if we got this movie
>Rey is just a pupil of Luke
>Luke is in the whole movie
>there are other Jedi trainees
>movie is about the first order/whatever villain's rise to power, and how they got it
>hidden sith covenant on random planet?
>new republic, with Leia as the Chancellor

More elements like how to make Kylo would be needed, but honestly the whole thing needs a rewrite

>no Jedi
So far it's on par with the original trilogy for amount of living jedi on screen.

Finn and Phasma will end up being the best rivals in Star Wars ever seen

Having virtually no Jedi is a GOOD thing. Maybe going back to the status quo of the OT where they're all dead was a step too far, but making the Jedi and lightsabers commonplace in the prequels ruined them of all of their mystery and wonder

I love that in TFA the heroes don't ignite a lightsaber until almost an hour and a half into the movie, it really makes the acquisition of anakin's old saber all the more special, compare to the phantom menace where the first time a lightsaber is used is a kneejerk reaction to a loud noise only for them to immediately turn it off

>a huge piece of shit that broke down all the time and only really mattered because it's the ship Han had
No it wasn't? It was a freighter that Lando had been tuning up for a long time to be an ideal smuggling ship. Han got it from him by winning a game of Space Poker where Lando let him pick out any ship in his hangar, and Lando had purposefully tried to keep it out of sight.

A bold statement. I think Phasma will end up joining the resistance though.. That is usually how these things go.

Obi and Darth Maul from Clone Wars.

I liked seeing a bunch of Jedi running around, but I also like the Old Republic setting where there's just a bunch of sith and jedi.

I'm with you about the Skywalker saber though.

Phasma will probably either die or just fuck off when shit gets too hot. I imagine she's supposed to be kind of like Fett.

Phasma's a Sith. Calling it now, when Kylo pussies out trying to get Rey, Phasma gets revealed to be Snoke's secret weapon and grabs her.

We know she's not a sith.

I dip out for a month and they release a God damned book about her. Fucking Hell, there goes another theory.

>empire strikes back
>protagonist starts the movie with no jedi training
>trains the entire movie
>still gets his ass kicked by a quadruple amputee in the end

>the last jedi
>protagonist starts the movie having already defeated a well-trained sith lord
>there is no tension since it's already been established there basically no one in the universe that the protagonist can't hold on their own in a fight

Fuck this trilogy.

Comic too which basically is the same thing, I guess she's supposed to kind of be like Immortan Joe? The author of the book was inspired by Fury Road supposedly.

>well trained sith lord
>STILL don't understand Kylo as a character
>still equating Kylo with Vader when the entire point is that he's not Vader
>B-B-BUT HE FROZE LE BLASTER BOLT!!!! HIS MIDICHLORIAN LEVEL MUST BE OVER TEN BILLION

how is a children's space movie too fucking complicated for you powerlevel fag brainlets?

Kylo isn't that well trained and he chose not to kill Rey. Kylo is really sloppy he just has a lot of raw power.

oh fuck off

this tbqhwy

>>protagonist starts the movie having already defeated a well-trained sith lord
Boi wut r u doin'? Kylo wasn't well trained, the fight was virtually set up for Rey to win, and he isn't even a Lord. I can't remember a single instance where he's called 'Lord Ren' or 'Darth Ren'. Fuck, he's probably still just an Apprentice, as in an actual fucking Apprentice.

>Fuck, he's probably still just an Apprentice, as in an actual fucking Apprentice.
He's the fucking leader of all the bad guys there.
That's the important part.

the force was guiding her

>
>dude it doesnt matter that literally who makes stronger weapons that the empire despite not controling any planet

Yeah I'm reading through the wiki on her now.
She seems pretty neat. Shit, between her, Hux, and Kylo, First Order's got the good end of the new characters.
Flat fucking incorrect m80. He's Snoke's Enforcer. Hux and Phasma are the actual leaders of the First Order forces in TFA. That's like saying Vader rules the Empire.

I love how blatant TFA is.
The Ability-less WHITE female pairs by dumb happenstance the witless black male and together they blunder into the harsh world of WHITE males and accomplish basically nothing while how obnoxious their presence is disrupts everything already taking place.
Its really self-aware if you get down to it.

>this is what TFA apologists actually believe
Kylo could've telephatically killed anyone that appeared in that movie without batting an eye. Saying that he lost the fight because he got hurt before means nothing when the dude has Sith powers. It's like saying it's easy to kill a crocodile because someone stuck a knife on its leg.
Kylo losing to Rey was a pure, unfiltered Mary-Sue moment working as a plot mechanism.

It was still a huge piece of shit that was falling apart. Han talked it up to get Kenobi and Luke to agree to book passage on it. Throughout Empire it's breaking down and Han and Chewie are the only ones keeping it flying.

When Lando does fly it in RotJ he has a full crew running it.

I said he chose not to kill her you illiterate fuck.

Man it really is pathetic how prequelbabbies and EUfags think Star Wars is about force power levels and not spirit or belief

>Tanks a Bowcaster shot
>Straight up wants to turn Rey, not kill or KO her
>Only time he KO'd her before she was unarmed and he knew she couldn't use the Force at all
>Just getting over killing his Father
>Gets separated from her before he can stand back up
Nigga just stop.

I hated everything about that movie and I don't even think Rey being a Mary Sue is its worst offence. The "villain" felt like an angsty teenager, he's about as far off the menacing presence of Vader as could be. Where anakin completely losing it, turning on his love and his mentor had gravitas, this kid just looked like a brat stomping his foot.
>inb4 noooo

They set Kylo up as a powerful force user (if somewhat cheap vader clone) in his first appearance and then he turns into bitch boy who gets his ass handed to him by someone who basically holds a ls for the first time. How in the fuck is that even remotely acceptable. And don't give me that he was injured bullshit. If he can stop and suspend a blaster shot mid air he can force choke a force novice in 2 seconds flat.

And snoke is just fucking pathetic in every possible regard.

They didn't just recycle the plot they recycled basically every scene and made it considerably worse. What a clusterfuck of a movie.

Because it was originally Lando's ship, Lando knows how to run the fucking thing, dipshit.

Why would he give Lando a worse ship if an x-wing is so much better and the falcon is junk?

So how did the empire get started and the Jedi exterminated then? Just stfu with your Pocahontas delusions.

To be fair, Kylo was badly injured and bleeding out in a frozen tundra but that power-up Rey got at the end was fucking bullshit tier story writing.
An untrained skinny female character suddenly can wield a lightsaber and stand against a trained lightsaber duelist.
>MUH FORCE TAUGHT HER HOW TO FLY A SHIP AND USE A SABER!

I can imagine J.J Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy cumming themselves when they went over this part of the story.
>STRONK!

Because Sheev planned that shit for like 30 years.

>So how did the empire get started and the Jedi exterminated then?
The Jedi got ganked by a bunch of non-force wielders on top of Sheev having mapped it all oht years in advance. The only Jedi that Vader killed were a bunch of nameless mooks and maybe Shaak Ti.

See . Even if Kylo's goal wasn't to kill Rey, there was absolutely no reason for him to get BTFO like he did. Anyone with basic common sense could see that Kylo's power level and training FAR surpassed any sort of combat capabilities that Rey managed to learn as a hobo in the desert.

Her 'SOOPER SPESHUL' power is gonna be Battle Meditation. Simple as that, and it's not something new.

The difference between Kylo and Anakin is that Kylo is actually supposed to be immature and angsty, whereas Anakin was supposed to be a likeable hero but he only ever behaved like a retarded child. Kylo is one thing about the movie that you can't easily shit on and the only one in the movie that actually approaches being a real character.

it's not about training or power levels

it's about conviction and belief in a power greater than oneself, Kylo is full of doubt and self-loathing that was readily obvious throughout the entire movie and you would have picked up on it if you could engage with characters beyond HURR BAD GUY STRONGK HE STOP LAZERS SO BADASS XDDD

But spirit is what matters? Why didn't the jedi in the temple kill anakin?

Why didn't Obi defeat Vader in their second encounter? Why didn't Luke defeat him in their encounter and then him and sheev? It's spirit and belief that matters not power levels after all.

How come spirit and belief only matter when it's necessary to explain Mary Sue?

>Why didn't the jedi in the temple kill anakin?
There weren't many in the temple because Sheev had planned for most of them to be busy so Order 66 could take place.

Oh is he? So Snoke trained an emo kid and wasn't able to instill even the faintest trace of discipline into him?

> but he only ever behaved like a retarded child.

That's just straight up bullshit.

My wife watched Star Wars Force Awakens and made the really good point that nothing happens. It's just one action scene to the next for the first like hour.

>This was supposed to be Finn
>JJ hires an ugly nigger instead

bravo jar jar

>Kylo is full of doubt and self-loathing that was readily obvious throughout the entire movie
Again, that doesn't justify someone with his training get BTFO by a literal hobo. At least in the first trilogy we had Luke spending the first 2 movies training before he was able to go toe-to-toe against someone, and even then he barely managed to get out alive. Yes, Star Wars is about "conviction and belief in a power greater than oneself", but it was never about getting said conviction without actually putting some sort of training and working hard towards it. You can try and justify it all you want, but Kylo losing to Rey was nothing but a plot mechanism.

>Why didn't the jedi in the temple kill anakin
See . No big name Jedi of note were at the Temple, on top of Anakin bringing in a literal army of Troopers.