Why was this song the best in the movie?

Why was this song the best in the movie?
youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DnOUgFjs9sg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did that guy finish the coconut man version?

It wasn't. Too much start-stop and other gimmicks overcrowd the song. A song has to be entertaining, it can't be just a technical exercise.

I didn't like the song, I liked the scene/visuals but the song not so much, you're welcome is the better song for me

It was supposed to be David Bowie that sang that song, but then-

They got the bird Nigel from Rio to sing it instead.

Not unlike Bowie, you either love it or hate it.

Oh man. Jamaine is in this? Is this his only song in it?

I feel like this one was butchered in post. The words are too muddled and it can't seem to find it's footing.

It's a tribute to David Bowie. Miranda apparently wrote it after he passed away.

>Oh man. Jamaine is in this? Is this his only song in it?

Yes to both questions.

"Imitation Bowie song" is not "Bowie song".

In fact even when Lou Reed sings in Rock & Rule it's a Lou Reed song by committee, not a great from-the-heart Lou Reed song.

Same with this, only worse. It's a design-by-committee song that's too packed with stylization.

Because it was originally the villain song, but John Lasseter hates a good antagonist. He's what's wrong with Disney animation these days.

So...

you're telling me...

we were served imitation crab?

Because it wasn't generic disney fluff like the other songs.

I like the stylish dick vibe.
Favorite song.

Because it would never hide,
It can't
It's too SHINYYY

The Rock can't sing so that lost points for me

What's been up with Disney lately? Beauty and the Beast 2017 had some of the worse singing/singers for a musical number. I mean something is going seriously wrong when a cash grab like Sing has better cover songs.

>Shiny
>not You're Welcome
stop with your pleb opinions

Eh.

Not a huge fan of it.

Nah he was surprisingly good, every song was good, I am Moana and We Know the Way are god tier though

It's okay, but You're Welcome, I Am Moana, and We Know the Way are all better. Shiny is well performed but some of the lyrics are just too clumsy for me. I can appreciate that it tried something different though. Lin-Manual is a talented guy.

This is what the song originally sounded like when it was conceived:
youtube.com/watch?v=DnOUgFjs9sg

>Blu Ray is out
>Disney Still haven't uploaded the more spoilerish songs to youtube

What the fuck?

But what if Tamatoa was a cute girl?

Finally got around to seeing it. Good 8/10 overall, but way too many "look how self-aware we are" moments. I hate that trend, feels like something a TV Tropes user would write.

Source?

TornadoTitan

>Giant fetish

fuck the version they uplodaded to youtube sounds worse than the theatrical version

>she clips the hook on as an earring
It's the little things.

>you're welcome is the better song for me
I'm a sucker for sudden bombastic endings, and the fact that he actually used that for the plot, to confuse and mislead Moana by dazzling her with lights and song while shoving rocks into her hands and slinging seaweed around her neck as she dumbly danced along, just made it even sweeter. Definitely the best song in the movie.

moar

I really liked the song. I did get some feels for Maui.

>Someone else likes I Am Moana
It's the only song that gives me chills. I feel like it gets overlooked and almost never mentioned because it's the least song-y track and the titular line is blah.

Nobody else mentions it? It was a really good song. It mixed like three other songs from the movie beautifully & seamlessly. I love me some leitmotifs.

Every Moana discussion here and every critic I've ever seen only talks about Shiny and You're Welcome with occasional mentions of How Far I'll Go.

Because it's a song sung by a villain about how awesome he is, and how the hero(s) are pathetic pieces of shit. Tamatoa knows how to hit Maui fucking hard.

I'm subscribed to him and I haven't seen any finished product.

this

You're Welcome is catchy

>leitmotifs
*autistic shaking and drooling*
I just want you to know nothing makes me more excited than leitmotifs in music

a surprise reprise is like a kiss to me

Unlike Frozen, there isn't a single song in this movie you can single out as 'bad'

What songs in Frozen are bad?

Fucking

Trolls

Fixer Upper
Song the snowman sings
>Debatable ones:
Do you want to build a snowman
One in the beginning about the guys cracking ice

Now that I think about it, the only good song in the movie is the duet between the sisters in the ice palace

What's wrong with Fixer Upper? It's my favorite part of the movie.

>What's wrong with fixer upper