Can we all agree that this is when capeshit when down the shitter?

Can we all agree that this is when capeshit when down the shitter?

Fuck off: the dialogue may be reddit tier, but it has a great plot

Guardians of the Galaxy was good, though. The real dip in quality started with Age of Ultron. Although Ant-Man was good, we then got Civil War, Doctor Strange, GotG 2, and Homecoming, which were all pretty lousy. Ragnarok was good, but I doubt Black Panther will be any good.

Fuck you, just rewatched it and it was good

Every capeshit with 5 main characters is great.

Avengers is when MCU realized it didn't have to try

yes
it was too good

But it's what saved Marvel you dumb hack. Having an auteur like Gunn on board, which we hadn't had since Favreau in IM:1 persuaded Marvel to bring on more directors with a palette on their own. We wouldn't have had the great film that Thor Ragnarok was without the success of GotG.

Yes, we did last week. Were were you? Now get out there and make a thread that actually matters

Lol

Can pinpoint the exact moment, in fact.

Something the matter?

are you kidding me? I'm fucking downloading the part two right now.

tell me Sup Forums if it's that bad, i'll stop wasting my bandwidth.

that scene didn't exist in the movie. i refuse to acknowledge it.

nigga what GOTG is the only part of the MCU that is watchable at this point

August 1, 2014

NEVER FORGET

Guardians of the Galaxy is what saved Marvel from going full DC and make their movies gritty and colorless.
Compare Marvel movies poster after and before Guardians of the Galaxy.

It did. It's an amazing movie, but it only works because it came out of no where and was tons of fun. Then they realized this is what people want to see and that's the problem. Now every movie feels like it in some form.

I thought your post was meant in a humerus fashion

How come people seemed to dislike Age of Ultron?

I watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it a lot.

For some reason they thought the jokes needed to be even more obnoxious in the second one
Better villain though
(The humor seems really fake in second one. The first one the humor came from the characters)

There's nothing wrong with Age of Ultron.
Ultron himself is a wonderful villain.

Hush, Skott, it was funny

Civil War and AoU were definitely the downpoint, and Homecoming was quite bad too, but Ragnarok and GotG2 were steps back up.

bathed in teal and orange doesn't mean it's "colorful"

that's just the meme color grade in 2017 hollywood

No, Guardians of the Galaxy was brilliant.

>>>/plebbit/

I don't know why people sperg out about this scene so much. It's perfectly in-character, and why wouldn't Ronan pause a moment to ask what the fuck he was doing?

>brilliant

No

>Guardians of the Galaxy was brilliant

Try this trick with a cop and upload video results.

It's literally the only capeshit movie since The Dark Knight Rises that I actually like

the majority of mcu movies released after 2014 rank among their very best (Guardians 2, both Cap movies, Dr Strange, Ant Man, Thor Ragnarok, even Age of Ultron is a little underrated as well), phase 2 & phase 3 showed vastly improvement over phase 1 in general

In Ant Man you can definitely feel a slight "unique" touch. The director I think was channelling Edgar Wright's directing style for the movie and is also legitimately funny, on the top of having a nice ost going with it

>I only watch intellectual and DEEP movies for intellectuals such as myself!

*vast

>when I'm hungry enough, I'll sometimes eat out of garbage cans

yep, and its still a good movie

kek

What does one have to do with the other?

This was the last passable capeshit, with TDK being the last good one.

>Hyperboles and broken parallels are so fun you guise

This is the worst poster I've ever seen.

>IM:1 persuaded Marvel to bring on more directors with a palette on their own.

> We wouldn't have had the great film that Thor Ragnarok was without the success of GotG.
Spot the irony.

I don't care that it's not some deep dramatic movie, but GOTG is retarded and I'm pretty sure it inspired Marvel to start asking its writers to cram 500 quips into every scene even if it completely deflates the moment. Also yes, the dance-off thing was really stupid even for an action movie.

>TDK
>good

>Ultron although a great villain was underutilized.
>Whedon went full quipmaster and it ruined the stakes and tention the movie had.
>Hulk vs Ironman fight was really subpar and the way Hulkbuster just beat Hulk really undermines his strength.
>Killing Quicksilver off when he could have been a great addition to the roster.
>CGI was shitty at points during the movie.

Other than that, the movie was decent when it could have been much better if they actually went a little bit more serious with the dialogue and the stakes at some points. Makes me sad because the trailers made it out to be such a somber darker tone, and the movie was completely off on what the trailers sold. Makes me a bit skeptic towards Infinity War but since the Russos are directing it, I feel it might be better than anything Whedon could have done.

literally the only kino ever produced by Marvel

It doesn't look like a superhero movie, and that is good. It's more like the 5th element, firefly, alien 4 and etc.

>It doesn't look like a superhero movie

this is why I like it

Also, I wanted to add the stupid focus on the blonde bitch. The same girl that was shown in several shots in the first Avengers is somehow now in Sokovia now? The fuck was that all about, it was really fucking stupid. Same thing I suspect with Justice League and the random segments with the Russian Family.

Avengers was a fluke, given what he showed on Ultron. Marvel got lucky as fucking hell with Whedon the first time and glad they canned him after Ultron. AoU should have made 2billion.

>hurr durr I'll be a retarded contrarian on Sup Forums, maybe this way people will care about what I have to say

Dr. Strange, bro.

The quip levels are off the chart. Ultron is more menacing in the fucking trailer than the actual film, where he's turned into another quip machine. His "evil plan" of raising a city and dropping it was retarded beyond all measure. Any character development throughout the rest of phase two is thrown out the window, this movie feels like it takes place a week after the first Avengers. Thor's subplot is glaringly missing large chunks and the scene where he smashes in, charges up Vision, and then starts pounding Iron Man is horrible, just horrible.
The one aspect of the film which didn't feel forced was the Black Widow/Banner romance, but that's what people end up complaining about, so I dunno.

bland as fuck, standard capeshit origin story

>dropping a while city from miles away from the ground was retarded

Google "kinetic bombardment" and learn something for once. His plan was very good, but he underestimated the team's ability to stop his plan.

>A bland movie with Tilda Swinton and fractal imagery

Impossible

>gimmicks

also I liked the cast, but it was wasted

Ultron is literally a Tony Stark's creation.

The Avengers themselves are a threat to the world in the movie

Jesus Christ I forgot about how horrendous Ultron was. Joss Whedon is a complete hack.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it go like this
>Avengers 1 comes out
>Whedon responds to any criticism by whining that the studio tied his hands and didn't let him faithfully enact his vision
>the studio takes a hands-off approach and just lets Whedon work his magic for Avengers 2
>it comes out and gets shit on even harder than Avengers 1, is widely held to be the worst movie in the MCU
>Whedon still complains about some shit I don't remember

dun get it.

>Saying that TDKR was the "last passable" comic book movie isn't contrarian

That user forgot to put the comma after IM: 1, but you should have been able to figure that out yourself. "persuaded Marvel" is referring to GotG, not IM:1.

Name 1 capeshit movie after 2012 that wasn't complete garbage
>inb4 le winter soldier