Gotham's Professor Pyg

What is the deal with Pyg? In the latest episode it turns out he was once a typical serial killer, he laid low for a while then suddenly adopted the Pyg persona, but they're making a big deal about him changing his MO as if it's leading into a big reveal.

What's with the metal structure in his skull changing his face? I'm not that familiar with the comics but I played the Arkham Knight, in that Pyg experimented on people and turned them into zombies, giving them these internal metal skeletons. Is the "Pyg" we've been seeing this entire time just a puppet, someone the real Pyg experimented on? Did real Pyg capture this serial killer and experiment on him, hence why he's suddenly changed his MO and adopted the Pyg persona, cause the real Pyg goaded him into doing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KKF4iMet-sI
youtube.com/watch?v=ig5R43HxcjU
youtube.com/watch?v=-OxH1Od_MUI
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510954458528.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is Gotham a real show? I keep seeing these threads and I'm still not convinced is not a series of CollegeHumor sketches or something

Gotham is kino. Stick to your teeny bopper soap operas like Flash or Arrow, soy boy.

Yes it's very real. I watch it because it's interesting in a meta sort of way. I don't know who it's for because it seems to assume a lot of knowledge of the comics then right after presents it in a way for people who know nothing about the Batman universe.

Sean Pertwee is easily the best actor in the show.

retarded 10 year old or very bad shill?

Great argument.

What are you even trying to say? Using shit from comics in a show based on comics confuses you? The show assumes it's audience knows nothing about the comics because everything is clearly explained for you. Otherwise they wouldn't bother dwelling on the mystery of Pyg, because comicbook fags already know what the reveal is going to be. They're assuming you know nothing about the comics and are taking you through the reveal step by step.

>hey guys it's joker but actually a totally different character
>hey guys not joker is back and he stapled his face back on like nu52 joker even though we explicitly stated he's not joker

Do you have autism? Audiences don't even know what the fuck nu52 is, when Jerome got his face cut off and stapled back on they aren't thinking "oh shit they're doing that storyline from the comics". They're thinking "oh shit joker just got his face removed and put back on".

Showrunners have confirmed Jerome is not The Joker, Fox knew putting Joker into the show would gather more viewership, so they forced them to give him an episode in season one while the show was still stuck in it's awful killer of the week phase. They had to cast him in a hurry, so we've got this kid. Now they're talking the show more seriously and have ditched the killer of the week format they've realized they should cast someone with more charisma to be the Joker, but are keeping Jerome around just because of the vocal 13 year old fan girls.

All of this is irrelevant and totally not confusing, both to comic book fags with triple digit IQs (rarity in comic book fags) or general audiences. As far as general audiences are concerned, who don't research what the showrunners are teasing, this Jerome guy is The Joker and when he inevitably gets killed off by the real Joker they'll just say "oh shit man what a cool twist, this whole time I thought that guy was the Joker but he wasn't! Mind blown DOOD".

youtube.com/watch?v=KKF4iMet-sI

youtube.com/watch?v=ig5R43HxcjU

Why is this episode so much better than anything else?

Good job repeating what was already said.

New 52 Joker incoming next Thursday

youtube.com/watch?v=-OxH1Od_MUI

Just clearing up the confusion that plagues your low IQ mind.

It's comparable to Raimi's spider man in how unironically and contemporaneously is portrays the comic book elements in an engaging and enigmatic way. I'm not a fan of Batman or superhero comics but Gotham is something special in a very ridiculous way.

I feel like Gotham is the pinnacle of television and movie history just for this shot.

Its ridiculously campy and unrealistic, for example they Froze the riddler in a giant block of ice for months on end then someone came and thawed him out and he was fine.

I'm just watching the show for all the chicks really.

Who is best Gothamgirl, Sup Forums? I'm gonna hafta go with Sofia. :3

The ending scene of that episode where it pans to multiple people trying out the joker laugh seemed to imply that anyone could "become" the joker. At least that's what I took away from it.

But he was less lintelligent and started doing Penguin impressions. You call that fine? :p

I enjoy how most episodes just ditch batboy and focus on the villains.

Will she become Hangman?

Also Selina is best waifu

Same. But then later they showed those people became part of Jerome's cult in that episode with this chick and also in s3 when he was resurrected.

ah you know what, fine but my point still stands. The fucking dude should have been dead. And I'm pretty sure they've killed off Penguin multiple time too and they always find some absurd way to bring the guy back.

Like a true comic book show. Love it. Fuck realism. Embrace the madness.

Penguin has only been "killed" once. Nygma shot him, threw him into the pier then he turned up on Ivy's bed next episode. Riddler surviving the icicle is fine, it's just comic book stuff.

At this point Gotham is just Dragon Ball Z.

Death means nothing.

Best girl is no longer on the show btw

Whose ass is David grabbing?

I heard they recast Ivy yet AGAIN. She'll show up at some point in the second halfseason. They handle a lot of characters quite well but they totally butchered Ivy and have no idea wtf to do with her.

>mfw getting caught was part of the Sofia's plan

How do you guys feel abput Butch Grundy?

Butch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grundy
he went from likable charismatic character to le strong retard, and I don't like it

keep that shit in trek threads, nerd.

Why is Camren wearing that? I can see her boobs for christ's sake.

Wish the outfits were reversed

Why does Gotham's Joker have orange hair, though? Like it seems like a huge oversight.

I fully expect him to fall into a vat of acid later this season or season 5 and that will make his hair green

I'm holding out for Babs coming around again

Sofia's very nice too though

That kid Martin is absolutely crushing it, I want to play catch with him and ruffle his hair and call him "sport"

Is that a fucking Bane mask in the second clip?

Crystal Reed was a fine addition to the cast. I wonder if we'll get a Talia al Ghul soon.

Gotham gets everything wrong with the characters and yet is the most Comic Book of comic book shows.
Simply because they take the stupidness seriously.

When IS Bane coming to Gotham? He is the only big main villain they haven't done yet.

She is literal perfection 10/10 I want to be her facesit slave for all eternity

They already did a venom episode

The show never takes itself too seriously.
It's fun camp comicbook schlock.

Gotham is an elseworld story.
People going into it expecting actual Batman shit will despise the show.

It's pretty obvious that the point of Jerome is so that the writers can effectively do Joker storylines without explicitly committing themselves to telling a Joker origin story, which seems like a pretty good compromise. Don't know why so many people have their asshole in a twist about it.

>Did real Pyg capture this serial killer and experiment on him, hence why he's suddenly changed his MO and adopted the Pyg persona, cause the real Pyg goaded him into doing it?

Could be, given the source of the name and other stories it's inspired.

Yeah but I want Bane. Imagine if they by some sheer miracle got Tom Hardy. Like can you imagine the way the internet would explode? They already got Penguin's father from Batman Returns to play the same role.

> Imagine if they by some sheer miracle got Tom Hardy. Like can you imagine the way the internet would explode?

Wow, you are a genuinely pathetic human being

>Gotham gets everything wrong with the characters
Like who? Go ahead, I'll wait.

user might mean some comic lore thing.

I would say they fucked up with Ivy and Grundy but otherwise whatever they changed has worked in context.

Is that picture real? ... oh no

Damn, you showed me the error of my ways.

They know about the comic lore, when it's different it's intentional either because they wanted to subvert expectations or do their own take on stuff. What did you expect from Grundy? Arkham-tier Grundy? This is a relatively low budget series, they don't have the budget for something like that.

Pyg was actually pretty fun. Made them eat people pies and costumed as other people.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510954458528.webm

Post the Riddler image

Should I hate-watch this show?

yes

because you will come to like-watch it

you may even have

fun

Everytime Tabitha and Sofia are on-screen I am love-watching it for the boobies. So yes, go for it.

>Camren
>boobs
Top kek m8

What did they meme by this?

Come on, don't tell you didn't expect that?

Hey I like small ones

The girlfriend got me seasons one to three on bluray. Everybody says season one is bad, should I skip it?

And does anyone else still buy tv shows physically?

It's bogged down by the killer of the week format. It's a slog but worth watching so you appreciate Nygma's transformation into Riddler after being a pushover beta bitch for a whole season.

H-he sings showtunes. Like, real-ass Broadway show tunes. Like, that is literally from Chicago.

Oh no.

>And does anyone else still buy tv shows physically?

Only you.

I guess I'll give it a go. I can always skip the rest of the season if I find it boring.

>a character who knowingly acts as extravagant and theatrical as possible because he wants to be obnoxious sings like he's in a theatre
Very observant.

That's not actually dialogue

BEST JOKER COMING THRU!!!!

What do they actually say in the scene?

Cute.

Sophia actress is gorgeous

I watched the very first episode but it pissed me off that every major villain was name dropped or alluded to in the first half hour, never picked it back up

Crystal Reed yes I agree
Hope they keep her around for future seasons and do the Hangman plotline with her.

That shit is only that bad early on really. Show vastly improved in seasons 2-4. Seasons 3&4 in particular are a blast.

GUILTY

if I'm autisticly into batman can I just start at season 2?

>Show vastly improved in seasons 2-4
Wrong-o

Everything Indian Hill related was mediocre

The show is just now circling back to being S1 levels of good

You'll probably be fine, just be aware that most of the characters have radically different backstories from the established comic canon.

Good thing he took those katana lessons in police academy

If you get into it, you can always watch season 1 as a prequel after you are done.

I loved the Mad Hatter storyline in s3.

He was in the army, they're always messing about with katanas

What was the gift Ra's gave Barbara?

Where can I watch it? Is it on Hulu, do I have to use Fox's website? Netflix?

Brilliant hair

he bathed with her if you know what I mean

the ability to orgasm solely from anal stimulation

The D.

barbara is clearly knocked up with tahlia desu

Can't be. Then Talia would be 17ish years younger than Bruce. They need to bang tho