*kinos in your direction*

*kinos in your direction*

If he really directs Dune and it's better than 2049 we're going to have to find a new word for "kino"
"Denis"

What could it mean?

Why do plebs love him so much? He hasn't made anything extraordinary

Based Rocco

Blade Runner 2049 was better than the original. Prove me wrong.
>Protip: you can't

Ultimately, Villeneuve’s sequel is more ultra-hack Scott than visionary Wong. Blade Runner’s awesomeness is gone.

>awesomeness
Bonjour, reddit!

I legitimately can't think of a better director working this decade. The dude is kino incarnate.

It was indeed better than the original. That's a pretty low bar though, because the original was shit as well
Villeneuve is a fundamentally dull director who relies on more talented people to make his films even halfway interesting

The absolute state of nu-Sup Forums. Jesus, please let this place just fucking die

>the original was shit as wel
Ow the edge. Let me guess, you thought the Star wars prequels were great too?

>wants to do star wars
>wants to do bond
>wants to do dune
he's becoming a hack, I'll miss when he did a movie a year like scicario or prisoners

he's right tho

not true, of course it's NWR

Name better directors with more than 3 films released this decade that aren't Denis, NWR or Nolan.

Villeneuve isn't terrible, but there are plenty of better directors. Herzog, Fincher, the Coen brothers, Paul Thomas Anderson, I could go on
The fact that the underage retards on this board seem to think a hack like Villeneuve is the best living director simply proves that they don't watch a lot of films
Your only other points of reference being Nolan and Refn is telling

He's middlebrow, but he's top-tier middlebrow. Deserves Nolan's spot in the public consciousness

>or Nolan

Refn is the real joke of that list

Because they're plebs you retard wtf

The city of quino

I hope hes done with remakes after Dune. I want more stuff like Enemy and Prisoners

>Villeneuve isn't terrible
>a hack like Villeneuve
which is it mister

Hacks aren't necessarily terrible. Villeneuve is just mediocre

forever wrong

Xavier Dolan
Terrence Malick
Olivier Assayas
Peter Greenaway
Werner Herzog
Joachim Trier/Eskil Vogt
Kelly Reichardt

>the list goes on

Daily reminder that Nolan himself admitted he is a commercial director who makes films for the masses and has stated that even his guiding principle is to reach as wide an audience as possible.

The average Blade Runner 2049 fan has heard of less than half of these people
Let that sink in

>Terrence Malick

poor rich white people malick lmao

good list.
dude I don't recognize any of the others lmao

>Xavier Dolan
>Terrence Malick
>Olivier Assayas
Appalling taste. At least name good directors

sorry I don't talk or reply to tripfags

Malick is the only director there that made better movies this decade.

The rest are either completely mediocre or just way past their prime. This was complete and utter garbage

>tripfag
>has shit opinions
what a surprise...

So just because he admits to being a hack we should respect him more? This just proves how much of a better director Snyder is than Nolan(including hacks like Villeneuve, Tarantino,PTA, Spielberg, Coen Bros, the three spics from Mexico, etc....)

dolanfags on suicide watch

What's wrong with Into the Inferno, Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Into the Abyss: A Tale of Death, a Tale of Life, Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World and Happy Year?

>the three spics from Mexico
who's the other one?

>the replies
I believe it lmao. They pick the ones they recognize and that's it

I just bunch together taco, Curon and Innaritu. Dishonest filmmaking at it's finest the three of them. It pisses me off that they have more Oscars and critical acclaim than Snyder.

I think he should leave documentaries to more qualified people, and he should stop making anything all together

He probably just wants to fuck Finn

>not recognising an Armond quote
it seems you were the reddit all along

Life isn't fair, manchild

Xavier Dolan is a hack

He hasn't made a bad film yet, but he also hasn't made a truly great one.

Wes Anderson

>implying blade runner 2049 isn't the best film of the last decade

What are the others according to you?

Extraordinary? Yeah i would agree. But its nice to have a solid consistent genre film maker.

He's like a worse spielberg essentially. Hasnt has an E.T or Jurassic Park or Schindlers List, but all his movies have similar themes and are competent or good.
>imb4 brainlet redditor
Blockbusters like JP or Jaws have artistic merit that isnt negated from being popular or genre films

How mind-bogglingly basic does your taste have to be to actually believe something like this? It's comments like these that really convince me that most of the fanboys of this movie posting here are literally 16 years old

prisoners, sicario, enemy, the list could go on...

Intestellar, obviously.

Kino list. Heard of most, but interested in Vogt.

Thanks m8

Michael Mann's poorest films are better than Villenueve's.

oh look it's the blackhatfag

Please list your favorite films. I'd like a good laugh, Captain Fedora.

>he enjoys the films of Wes Anderson

J.C. Chandor, Martin McDonagh, P.T. Anderson

At least Mann can make a movie without trying to appeal to pseuds with awkwardly forced in philosophical concepts ripped from a previous film, or visual metaphors like giant spiders. 100% pseudointellectual trash. Nolan 2.0. You can attempt a troll or ad hominem response, but the fact is Villenuevlets are fedoras with juvenile taste.

And Sicario is a pile of garbage compared to Heat and Collateral.
>le brooding Mexican assassin talking about wolves
lol this is overt trash made for housewives and teens

*makes film about motherhood because that's what he can only do*

I wasn't a fan of Arrival compared to his movies before that, but he came back strong with BR2049.

Terminator
The Hunt
Moon
Memories of Murder
Zodiac
Das Boot
Magnolia
Clue
The Warriors
Escape from New York

reddit tastes

i can also supply you with a list of ten obscure black and white arthouse flicks that nobody has seen but look sophisticated

LOOK AT ME I'M CINEMATOGRAPHING

>ignores black hat
>immediately brings up his best two films
well at least we both agree black hat is a fucking garbage

Is Dune really a thing or just a rumor?

It's "happening", but keep in mind a Dune movie has been "In the works" for like a decade now.

Blackhat is literally the greatest artistic achievement of the 21st century

>dude I'm filming on a digital camera lmao
sure

>REEE DIGITAL IS BAD CAUSE NOLAN AND TARANTINO SAID SO
kek

kek, why is that when literally everyone else films on digital it looks normal but when Mann does it it looks like a cheap youtube video?

>a tripfag is right for once

Because you're an idiot who can't into aesthetics

>it's shit on purpose
okay, you've convinced me

not an argument