Give me 1 good reason why cartoons can't look like this anymore

Give me 1 good reason why cartoons can't look like this anymore.

I know it's not budget.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3z2j6F8fZII
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Digital art overtaking traditional art due to the reduction of effort, and therefore dedication to the craft is reduced as well

Not only is it budget, but it's the fact cel based animation is replaced by digital, out sourcing overseas and the fact attractive women in cartoons are non existent

American traditional animation is close to non-existent.

That has nothing to do with it.

This was colored digitally.

I will have follow ups to this post.

People aren't carving away their souls while drawing cels so they aren't having nearly as much fun with it anymore

sjw's would bitch about how sexist it is

See below, I have already talked about why digital vs cels does not matter.
(You)
Attractive women in cartoons do exist, see here.

youtube.com/watch?v=3z2j6F8fZII

This. Computers do all the actual work now, which means you can pay employees less for being unskilled and interchangeable. The lack of demand for real animators means few are around, and the skills are being lost instead of refined or at least preserved.

I imagine soon cartoons and film will be made by heuristic computer programs, with zero human involvement.

But thats the thing, we want to tell SJWs, Fujos & Tumblr to fuck off and get the industry back to us cartoonists.

Disney canon films made between 1990 to 2004 along side Princess And The Frog & 2011 Pooh will like to have a word with you, those films were made digitally and they look excellent.

this thread smells like famicom

>Sup Forums
>cartoonists

good one

It's not, relax.
Theres a good saying that if you're over the age of 12 and you can't draw at the level of Virgil Ross then you stay away from the industry.

Because the industry is now ran by people who make Paul J Smith look like Bob McKimson the industry is now at a worse place then what it was in the 70s, but we can fix this.

MAURICE OLD CRAZY HMM

The market is gone, simple as that.

You can say the same thing about handcrafted architecture buildings from 100 years ago. Back then there may have been 3000 wood working companies in the US who would carve handrails and statues (more supply = less cost). Try to do that todat when there's 200 woodworking companies left, and cost = high

>It's not, relax.
Sure, Famicom.

No it is not, otherwise Voltron:LD would of never been made and that Mir would of never been founded.

Too problematic.

Jew

If this was a Famicom thread there will be walls of Sup Forums stuff in this thread by now, it's not Famicom.

Nope, it's the SJW, Fujo & Tumblr trash that is problematic.
Eric Goldberg will like to have a word with you.

Time. It'd take too long to make.

Pick any two: Good, Fast, or Cheap.

Good, 8 to 12 months is a must for effort.

literally this
all these other answers sound like people pecking around the answer but they don't actually know

Debunked as doing that makes you a idiot, you just do things good, thats it.

>Give me 1 good reason why cartoons can't look like this anymore.

Most animators/storyboarders/character designers in the industry can't draw like that anymore.

Some of the supervisors can, the rest of them resort to napkin-tier doodles or Adventure Time shit and cry when they're told to study with life drawing.

>theatrical shorts look better than television series
>NUH UH ITS NOT BUDGET! IT JUST MUST BE THAT PEOPLE STOPPED BEING GOOD AT ANIMATION!

Why is Sup Forums so ignorant of it's own fucking medium?

Yes they can, they just don't hire them anymore.

If anything they should be told to study Tex Avery.

Lower budget, higher wages for American animators, tablet drawing having tools that stifle mastery, simplification of character design to speed things along.

Fuck off kike whore

There once was a time when TV animation had effort in it.

90's TV cartoon animation > current TV cartoon animation

>i'm not tmsfag I SWEAR!

You could still see "quality" and errors in old shows and see effort in new.

And if we're were allowed to run the industry it will be like that again and will put Voltron:LD to shame in no time flat.

Sure, but exceptions don't change the general rule.

Nothing is worse than 70s, stupid cunt.

Just do your best to see every 2D film in theatres.

Yea, but rarely in that era.

You are comparing a theatrical short to television animation.

A proper comparison would be to Piper or Inner Workings, which look just as impressive.

70s cartoons at least had construction and had artists that went to life classes.

CGI looks like trash.

art schools are filled with rich kids that want to paint emotions with menstrual blood instead of working.

I'm not seeing any Korean animation studios.

Tiny Toons will like to have a word with you.

all the spielberg cartoons had higher animation budgets than most other cartoons of the era. you are incredibly ignorant of the medium you claim to love so much.

has Akom and Mir has been brought up a few times here.
Then put up standers before passing, nothing lower then Seymour Kneitel will be passable in the industry.

>done by actual animators instead of korean slaves

thanks for proving my point.

See:
At the risk of sounding like Famicom, only the TMS episodes actually had above-average animation anyway.

You forgot about Bruce Timm & Disney shows from that time frame as well.

That's a brash statement. Did cg eliminate traditional animation, yes. But calling it flat it bad is foolhardy

who the fuck even watches animated television on tv nowadays? I torrent almost all of my shows, its why cartoon network is like 90% TTGO right now

not only is the reason budget, the market is also disappearing so that makes the budget even smaller

>everyone pretends to forgot hanna-barbera and the toy commercials in the 80s
>everyone pretends that television animation was always like the exceptions instead of the rules

No, its equivalent would be Hanna Barbera Cartoons but done in flash.

see
eventually networks stopped spending so much money on this shit because they realized they didn't need to and never needed to in the first place. all of these examples are outliers, and even then these outliers do not look as good as the classic theatrical shorts.

Asami is an attractive cartoon character

>b-but she is a lesbian
if we are going with the Sup Forums mindset that Bryke simply changed her into being a lesbian in the last season then for the first three seasons she was a perfectly attractive straight character design

>Not seeing Akom who is not only Korean but are also not slaves either as they get payed 15,000 won a hour.
TMS was NEAR feature grade, Wang was the studio that did above-average animation and thats only when they stopped using those think lines that they used in their earlier episodes.

>everyone pretends to forgot hanna-barbera
You mean some of the most limited animation on TV?

finally, a reasonable response.

What about Anime? Why does TV anime look so much better?

Far fewer individual drawings + Slave wages + A market that buys it.

It is budget because the nameless people in animation in the 30-50s were willing to work insane hours for a studio apartment with a shower down the hall and thats' not the case anymore.

lower budget because they pay their animators minimum wage (and manage to find ways to pay lower than that) and a much much larger market with a huge merchandise base

>attractive
>is the most generic plot device known to AtLA

Yeah no. She's physically attractive but her character and personality are garbage horseshit.

>zuko with make up
wew lad

Framerate fluctuation is the best thing that ever happened to Japanese animation

John K fixed Hanna Barbera in 85 and Toei actually cared about doing good animation in the 80s.
Debunked, who ever replaced the saints in the industry have been replaced by idiots.

We can fix this.
She maybe hot but pandering in the end is a bad thing.
Only in the first few years and 60s Mushi says hi.
>Slave wages
Not all studios are like that, only the low end ones.
>Chuck Jones
>Nameless
He worked with Dr.Seuss on Snafu people, thats as far from nameless as you can get.

>Then put up standers before passing,
they can't because the price of the year is too high.
That's the trick, the schools are too expensive so they accept whoever can pay.

We can fix that, the UN will make sure of that.
This.

Then lower down the cost.

Standers are needed to fix the industry, nothing lower then Seymour Kneitel.

>John K fixed Hanna Barbera in 85

imagine being this delusional

>Debunked

no, all you've said so far is "nuh uh" but you haven't posted any proof that it's all on the budget.

>We can fix that, the UN will make sure of that.

>people who don't know shit about animation or animation history pretending that they somehow know everything

The fact that you attempt to compare THEATRICAL SHORTS AND FILMS to fucking TELEVISION CARTOONS tells me everything I need to know.

>We can fix that, the UN will make sure of that.

what

Untalented jews

He did, see 80s Jetsons (pic related).

Also Voltron:LD is only $90,000 a episode and look how that show looks.

>thread about why don't cartoons look better
>shows one
>yeah but her backstory and personality are shit

Animaniacs will like to have a word with you.
They show up if a country is fucked up.

>Also Voltron:LD is only $90,000 a episode and look how that show looks.

So you're telling me you think voltron looks as good as theatrical shorts?

Feminism.

Fair enough. But to also be fair I'm hyped up on a little bit of crack and haven't slept in almost 48 hours. Misinterpretation of the threads subject is not a huge tragefy.

>They show up if a country is fucked up.
I think they may have higher priorities than the quality of a country's television animation.

No, but better then everything else airing as of now.

And I'm talking about the new one from Mir.

With Trump in charge things will be heading in that direction.

And it get him off of Putin's & Xi's back and on Abe's and Kyo-ahn's back.

>some of the most limited animation on TV?
You're not really aware of the other cartoons that were on air at the time, are you? Hanna Barbera was at the top of the pack.

You are blaming the medium when Pixar and some dreamworks titles are executed just fine

??????????

The worlds best turd sculpter is still a turd sculpter

Until Japan shaped up in the 80s.

Putin (Russia) & Xi (China) have leading seats in the UN and are bagering Trump, if they were to be replaced with more trusted leaders like Abe (Japan) and Kyo-ahn (South Korea) Trump can do things that people want, like fixing the animation industry.

And the worse metaphors are your own because you aren't giving valid points.

>implying most people in our country give a shit about the animation industry.

They do, otherwise they wouldn't be ripping on Teen Titans Go as much.

And the kids who watch it just want to be like James Rolfe & Doug Walker.

>they

I'm pretty "they" are just a vocal minority. the only people who obsessively rip on TTG are manchildren. if that weren't the case, teen titans go wouldn't be as popular as it currently is.

CGI is unable to articulate craft and individual vision like 2D.

1. Constant reusing of assets, like flash or puppet shows
2. Excessively complicated process that requires many people on a single character or object, removing individual style and flair from cuts
3. The nature of model manipulation restricts unique expressions and movements, and stiffens character animation
4. Every bit of actual personal vision comes down to the storyboarder (works in 2D) and the character designer (works in 2D) the modelers and animators are just assemblyline workers
5. If you compare 2D storyboards to the finished product, you will ALWAYS see significant sacrifice to the animation of the characters
6. Sameface is fucking rampant because of stagnant ability of 3rd world assembly line workers (to be fair this is a 2D problem too)

No that has been debunked more them once, all married folks with lives and it's because of their kids hating it is why it is such a big deal.

>all married folks with lives and its because of their kids hating it is why it is such a big deal

i seriously don't understand what you're trying to say.

>Kids watch James Rolf & Doug Walker
>Kids want to rip apart something from their era and not theirs.
>Kids see TTG.
>Kids rip it apart.

It's that simple.