So we can all agree this was kino right?

So we can all agree this was kino right?

Yes. The perfect blend of a serialized thriller and the crazyness of comic books.
I marvel at people bitching because of the Hand saying "it didn't amount to anything" when it's obvious that there's more to come.
Also, most people critizise Elektra just because she had her own agenda. You can't be that mad at a clearly unstable character for not doing what the main character wanted her to do.

FIGHT ME

Season 1 was edgy boring bullshit from the early 00s("lol comics are silly. Let's make this cool and adult by being super dark and edgy with black spandex).

Season 2 however was kino

I hated Elektra cause she stole the second half of what could have been an entire season of DD vs Punisher

Parts of season 1 and most anything to do with The Punisher were pure KINO!

Second half of season 2 was kinda awkward. Still fun to watch, but it lost the magic.

Kino is a fucking stupid term that doesn't belong in discussion outside Sup Forums.

But yeah, it was good. Probably the best current capeshit, mediocre Iron Fist aside.

Everything with Frank was amazing. Elektra and the Hand didn't really interest me as much and just made Matt a humongous cunt to his coworkers.

DD2 with Frank > DD > DD2 without Frank

... is this bait? DD had the black spandex in the comics, too, though.... Hows that edgy? because its black? you're critiquing a show based on the color of his outfit?

>s1 was too dark and edgy
>s2 features a guy in all black with a skull on his shirt and shoots anybody who commits the simplest of crimes
>s2 is better tho

Jesus Christ you fags are insufferable, lol

Frank, Stick, Kingpin are great, also Matt, I like Foggy and Karen in season 1, in season 2 they are not that good, I really don't like Elecktra and the final scene in the roof is mehh

No, really bad second season and fan pandering doesn't make something good.

Also Daredevil was never kino.

Yes. Just like season 1.

Nope. Completely shit itself with the last three episodes. Tanked every single storyline as well.

this, the word edgy gets thrown around to fucking much, if something doesnt have the brightness of my little pony you fags call it edgy.

This is the most right thing ever said about the show. It's only neglecting to mention Wilson Fisk.

Characters:
>Frank
>Fisk
>(So many spaces the system thought I was a spam post)
>Nelson
>
>Blondie
>
>
>Murdoch
>Everyone else
>
>Elektra

I could watch an entire two seasons about just Fisk and Frank if they made it.

Matt wore that edgy black costume in one issue of a five issue non-canon miniseries. Somehow that justified making a whole season with it instead of giving him his iconic red suit earlier.

Punisher on the other hand has always been looked like an edgelord.

yeah i liked it

alright, it's been like a year and I haven't caught onto the Sup Forums speak, what the fuck is kino.

>actually liking Foggy
That is some shit taste right there

Russian for "cinema"

Basically if a tv show/movie is really good, its kino.

Yeah both seasons were amazing.

Kingpin was a great villain. And the first 4 episodes of season 2 with Frank are the best 4 hours in the entire superhero genre.

It's highs were (mostly) higher than season 1, but it's lows were lower as well.

Though by far the best episode of any marvel netflix show is still Cut Man, the second episode of season 1. Still hands down, no contest, the best thing to come from the MCU.

But still, Frank was absolutely outstanding in Season 2, the absolute best character in the show, and pretty much every scene he was in was absolute gold. Elektra and that wasn't as bad as people say, especially on rewatch, but it's still pretty awkward and could have been handled a lot better.

The stuff with Matt alienating his was also poorly handled. It's a good direction to take the show in, but the writing was not there to make it seem not annoying.

I'd probably call Season 1 better, just because it was the most consistent product of the Netflix series, but I feel I got about the same net enjoyment out of each. Luke Cage as well, which was more consistent than Season 2 of DD, but more mixed than Season 1 of DD, great first part of the show, things do go down hill once Diamondback shows up, though there's still plenty of quality stuff in there. Jessica Jones does have a few really well handled things, but is more flawed than it is good, and ends up being kinda ehhhhh as a whole. Iron Fist, oh boy, oh man. Oh wow.

>interesting foil that makes the hero question his motives and defend his moral outlook on crime fighting
or
>bitch ex from college
I still don't understand what happened.

>an entire season of DD vs Punisher
That would have sucked hard. At least save it for Bullseye. I like that they kept the DD vs. Punisher feud to 4 episodes. Short and sweet.

Saw the critics tearing Iron Fist to shreds, figured eh i'll give it a shot. Yikes

I think Electra provided Matt with character dilemmas that frank couldn't. She made him realize that he LIKES crime fighting, and that that feeling of beating up bad guys will always be a part of him. I think it made him feel a little less guilty.

Plus, if you have a whole season of fighting Frank, it'll get old quick. Jessica Jones had a 'one villain' thing going on, and it fucking DRAGGED

Am I the only one here not liking the daredevill S1 and S2? I've watched both of them, but kinda felt like S1 was too tryhardish, while the S2 didn't get it's shit together at all. Overally it was a pain to watch. I'm sure this could be done a lot better, considering the comics were ok.

Iron Fist is a different story-I enjoyed the shit out of that one, alongwith the fact that the main character is a flawed idiot with a bloated opinion about himself. But I watched it, was thrilled to see it, had a laugh how bad yet so good some scenes were... And I do want moar.

anyone else hoping after Defenders we get Shadowland? Or would that be too much Hand/Ninja shit?

It just, suffers from all of the problems the other netflix shows do, at their worst, and doesn't have ANYTHING that makes any of the other ones good, it just has nothing to make it interesting or watchable.

Yes you're the only one.

>She made him realize that he LIKES crime fighting
We didn't really need her for that though. DD was already talking to that priest about how he has this need to fight crime that he doesn't wholly understand, it would've been more powerful if he came to the realization on his own rather than having Electra push him towards it. He was already moving in that direction so it felt like a huge letdown.

>if you have a whole season of fighting Frank, it'll get old quick
Getting old would've been better than "lol fight some ninjas now oops my gf died :(".

Elektra is a big part of Matt's life so there's nothing wrong with her getting half a season to herself. Maybe you're just mad about the actress. But even then, she did help him come to terms with who he really was.

How do we get these thread back to Sup Forums where they belong?

I skipped every scene involving Elektra and Karen unless it involved the Punisher.

What was her name?

>Karen
literally like 98% of Karen's scenes involve the Punisher, her entire character arc is entirely centered on her relationship with him, and how she views him.

Only like half the scenes, the other scenes involve her being the Felicity of journalism.

>Maybe you're just mad about the actress
Nigga what? I don't give a fuck about the actress, she did an alright job considering her roll and that's about as much as I've ever cared about her. I get that Electra is a huge part of the cannon, but if she's that important don't shoehorn her in to half a season where the most significant thing she does is die and fuck around with Matt's legal practice. What they did with her character was lazy and ended up being incredibly boring.

Pretty sure this was never a gum obtained from certain tropical trees by tapping, used locally as an astringent in medicine and in tanning.

>So we can all agree
lol no
>this was kino right?
yes

Kino sucks. GOAT is the GOAT term

no, DD is good but Legion is actual Kino

I didn't look close enough at the picture and thought this was the Ben Afflack movie, and was shocked how much praise was getting.

What the FUCK is kino?