What is Sup Forums thoughts on The Flinstones? Today...

What is Sup Forums thoughts on The Flinstones? Today, I watched one episode for the first time since childhood and was surprised how good this is. It felt more like it was more adult oriented than for kids.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lZAqlx_9lv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's because it really wasn't targeted at kids. They even did cigarette commercials.

>simplfied cartoon art style
>realistic photograph of cigarettes

irks me

>It felt more like it was more adult oriented than for kids.
Because it was. Flintstones was created to be The Honeymooners but with rock puns and more celebrity cameos.

Flintstones, if I'm not mistaken, predates the whole cartoons are for kids mentality. Back then it was a tv show like any other. Weird that modern networks treat it like any old Saturday morning cartoon when it's much closer to the likes of the Simpsons and KotH.

Racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, Islamophobic bigoted drivel.

Its because of the Mordern "Crude """ Realism"""=Mature" mentality
People think that if there is no cursing or sex jokes its for kids

it was shown during primetime, it was like the simpsons of its day.

The one episode I watched was about Fred meeting his client, Greta. It looked more like a date and his main objective was to entertain her. She turned out to be Wilma's old friend. When both women find out about it, Greta tells Wilma that she should be proud of his husband trying to make a good deal of money for her and pleasing a lonely woman on the side. It's ending with Betty and Wilma apologising to their husbands for not always appreciating their hard work.
That kind of closure really surprised me and it felt refreshing to all these "women are always right" trope most cartoons do. I am pretty sure if this plot was in the episode of Simpsons, Homer would apologise to Marge for seeing a woman in secret and got a lot of shit for that.

Back then the tobacco companies were allowed to target kids.

I like how its a scientific accurate account of our past.

GRAND

>It felt more like it was more adult oriented than for kids.
There is a reason The simpsons used to be compared to that show.
youtube.com/watch?v=lZAqlx_9lv0

One of the thing that got on my nerve fast when I watched that show was that it felst like 2/3 of the stories was about Fred being suspected of having an affair.

The "being falsely accused by your own friends" plot is one of the tropes I got sick of the quickest, as a kid.

Maybe it was still considered fresh and original back then?

Not when reused over and over and over for many episodes.

Yeah I rewatched some recently and it was pretty good. I feel like a lot of people remember it being bad because they remember it as filler between the shows they liked on CN.

Reminder that cigarettes killed Wilma's original VA.

Everyone but Barney and his family were jerks

>French speaking belgian
>got some ep who where French Canadian dubs with actual laugh track
>mfw

T O D O K E T E

There isn't an auro french dub?

There is, but sometimes, we got the canadian ones for some reasons.

I've heard the only good season was the first one, is that true? After that, apparently they started dumbing the show down for kids

I know nothing about this cartoon except "Yabba Dabba Doo!" 2bh.

Is not like they toned it down, it just suffered the same fate as the Simpsons, an overuse of famous guest star of the week.

What were some notable guest stars in Flintstones?