The Unworthy Thor Talkback Thread

Which page made you madder?

Im not like the more vocal part if Sup Forums, none of it upset me

They didn't. Everything was alright

Sup Forums is more autistic than Thor. MUH HAMMER. He doesn't need to be Thor

it's great and makes perfect sense, so what's the problem?

Neither. I was annoyed by the left and had already figured it would be the right considering the other issues made it pretty obvious that that's what it would end up being. Kinda hard to get upset when I already figured both would happen going in.

So THAT'S what Fury whispered that made Thor lose his worthiness...?

That is retarded. REALLY retarded. Why would Thor readily take Fury at his word for that? 'Wh-what did you say...?!" isn't a realistic response to that, why wouldn't Thor dispute it? I thought he was telling Thor some world shattering secret, not a fucking meme.

>Thor doesn't need to be Thor
What did you mean by this?

None of the above. The scene that pissed me off was the two of them fucking off to get drunk instead of doing something to make sure no asshole would walk up and take it without them knowing.

fuck i mean
He doesn't need hammer to be Thor

Thor is literally his name.

>Beta Ray Bill is a Mortal
>Claims the Asgardians are some of the most noble people he has ever met, his entire moral code meshes so perfectly with them they regard him as an honoured brother of Asgard
>ALL GODS ARE BAD

Literally the most retarded argument ever; If the Asgardians were such poor gods, such terrible people, the Korbanites would have been killed by Surtur.

So no, you're fucking wrong, The Gods are proven my Beta Ray Bills very existence.

The first one is a extremely contrived and badly explained reason. He spends the entire series fighting the collector and the black order, trying to get the ultimate hammer, risking his life, and when it seems like he's worthy enough to pick it, he doesn't because it's not his hammer. mjolnir wasn't Jane's hammer, the ultimate hammer didn't belong to the guy tha picked it up. The owner of the hammer was fucking dead . Also, Thor used the hammer of a genocidal version of himself during the incursions, and he didn't question himself because "It was not his hammer". Because it's a terribly stupid reason.

Doesn't he spend like an entire issue just going around Earth helping people right after the Gorr arc? Not to mention the rest of the good stuff he's done/does.
How would this demoralize him that badly?

>Doesn't he spend like an entire issue just going around Earth helping people right after the Gorr arc?

The one where he gives a man in death row an extinct and legendary fruit for his last meal, brings the Thunder to a "God Hates Fags" gathering, goes to a dance with a SHIELD agent, has dragon meat with starving African children, and brings godly seeds to nuns so they can grow them (as well as getting one nun so horny she needs to be reminded of her vows)? That was AFTER Gorr.

>waste everyone's time on a miniseries teasing Thor getting his at least a hammer
>cuck us at the last minute
>give hammer to someone else to create another shitty mystery and drag it out
Fuck Aaron and fuck Marvel. I hope they both burn to the ground.

because it was something Thor already believed.

someone else saying it brought it to the forefront.

Because the plot said so. Hell, Aaron couldn't even think of what Fury said which is why he dragged it out for four years. Thor shouldn't give a shit about what a evil genocidal fuck like Gorr says. But the plot says so.

>He doesn't need to be Thor

Then why isn't he the Unworthy Donald Blake/Sigurd Jarllson/Jake Olsen instead?

I'm most mad about Aaron ignoring Ewing's Thanos stuff.

He realized that while he might be doing these things most gods are just dicking around with mortals, some times even turning into swans beforehand?

People ignoring Ewing's work shouldn't come as a surprise to you. Just because Ewing goes out of his way to actively acknowledge everyone else's books doesn't mean they're going to afford him the same courtesy.

Bump

honestly, neither of them make me mad...because after how Marvel fucked over Thor, I don't care about it. They took one of their best, and they shit all over him. Doesn't matter why, politics or 'something fresh' or what have you. They fucked him over, and that's what made me mad.

that being said, the second one of those is just shit. Seriously, Thor and Asgard have been going for decades, and they have saved the universe (much less earth) dozens of times over. Sure, they can be assholes, but they're generally assholes for a reason and they more than make up for it with what they actually do to help people. So to claim the gods are unworthy of being gods, that's bullshit.

I miss when Thor was a god instead of a whiny self hating hobo gimp.

I despise this as much as anyone, but know, Sup Forums, that it is you who propelled this "(questionable person) is right" flare.
>That was Quentin Quire
That was a thin coat of contrarian characterization Morrison gave him, not meant to be emulated given his true character. Like anything written or drawn to fluff up the significance of imagined on-goings it has no real weight without a real reaction.

(You) sensationalized it with your reaction to every false dilemma.

And no it wasn't the Neo Nazis either, their thing was "(questionable person) did nothing wrong". A claim to dismiss the less than pleasant actions of a person. They have made attempts to say Hitler was right, but it has not stuck as well compared to the easier method dismissing accusations against a person without damning sourced evidence they in fact happened as stated and were the direct result of said questionable person in question.
It's a series of mental gymnastics for another discussion.

This on the other hand is just blunt self-assured pigheadedness, there's no tact involved and you've made it the go to tactic for writers of this kind of mindless buffoonery to present it as misunderstood brilliance.

The decisions and actions of Magneto, CW Stark, SpOck, Schism Logan, AvX Cyclops and so on can be reasoned within the confines of their situation and limited options, but the idea they were unquestionably right in all their beliefs and claims before, during and after because, you, the audience reacted contrary to how they were being portrayed has resulted in adjusting storytelling to a mode of "Fuck you, I'm right" narrative instead of any rationale, explanation or even basic sense.

They've seen how it creates a stir to flip things on their head and make ass backwards assertions.
You've started an avalanche with your hollering that will bury you and the very landscape of fiction in a blank, featureless, blanket of cold silent force of will.

Let this be a lesson.
Humanity was a mistake.

>Gods...are vain and vengeful creatures. Always have been.

That's a stupid ass generalization that shouldn't be coming from a guy that would go to the far edges of the universe to answer the prayers of a little alien girl. Gods are like humans: There are good ones, and bad ones. Saying "no god is worthy" is out of character for a guy who has fought alongside the likes of Herc and Balder. Even Loki fought against his evil destiny, and what everyone was expecting of him.

And Gorr wasn't right, he was a mad hypocrite and everyone could see that by the end of the arc, even his son.