ITT: Books that should have cartoon/comic adaptations

The the writing could use some work, but I think the story would a great short animated series

Other urls found in this thread:

english.lem.pl/works/novels/the-cyberiad/146-how-the-world-was-saved
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_of_the_Galaxy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

b-bump

It would be the edgiest thing, but I don't care.

Not the biggest fan in the world of Battetech/Mechwarrior but I've loved the series since I was 10 and fucking adore the lore, novels, and sourcebooks

>The writing could use some work

It would fit right in with modern comics, at least.

Top three I want to see would be The Leviathan series, The Mortal Engines series and Oracle Prophecies Trilogy

that's a lot of 0's

that's a nice get, but I can't be impressed by any ever again after I was there for pic related

Checked

I don't get it. What's the get?

It's pi

That's probably the best one ever because there was no way of predicting it. I noticed the post count getting closer and closer to 91000000 and tried to get, but missed by a few.
The other day on Sup Forums I got sextuplets in a breath of the wild thread doing the same thing. Pi get is unpredictable and therfore truly amazing.

is far superior

>The Mortal Engines
You're like the first other user I've ever seen who's read it. Such a huge fan of that series growing up, it has really strong characters for YA. I'd love a comic of that too.

Any of those old proto-scifi novels by HG Wells or Jules Verne.

But it quite literally isn't.

Pretty much all of them have already been adapted into comics multiple times

I guess I'll give the most basic answer possible and say we need Harry Potter expanded universe comics.

Wow, the script worked and another anime girl got 999999, fucking incredible

Oooh, yeah, but that book's so over-the-top edgy it would loop back to fun.

>pi

NICE.

>Mortal Engines

It's getting a live-action movie, but I'd actually prefer an animation. As a series, I think. Bakshi, maybe?

They were my favorite books growing up, just everything about them was so cool. They are probably also the reason I have a thing for scars.

yeah, but half-assed comics from the 60s ≠ a true to source, big budget animated feature given time and effort

>he doesn't know about KoG

I hope it's good, I don't really know if I trust anyone to make it.

I'm very hesitant about how they're going to do Hester in the Hollywood movie. The book doesn't shy away from the fact her disfigurement is horrific; I can't really see them doing that with the female lead on the big screen.

She's a relentlessly edgy character but definitely one of my favourites from the whole thing. Her amorality, the upbringing which has basically led her to suppress emotion 99% of the time, makes for really interesting character relationships. The character is of a type that I think it's way more common to see as male characters.

I'm a little optimistic about it because they've cast a relative no name as Hester.

The entire first book is ripe for a comic adaptation. Six or seven short stories, with the overlapping frame story

>Sup Forums reads formulaic sci-fi/fantasy
oof

Yeah, I'm cautiously hype. It was such a huge book series to me as a child that I'd really love to see it adapted well.

>PKD and Bulgakov
>waaah how dare genre fiction aficionados want genre fiction adaptations
Don't be a cunt all your life mate.

Comics and genre fiction go hand in hand.
Whaddaya want Catcher in the Rye or some shit?

>Mortal Engines
>Liva Action adaptation
Cite your sources my good sir, I cannot believe it.

You can just google it, Peter Jackson is producing and it comes out in 2018

what's there to be an aficionado about? it's all recycled elements

You, my friend, have never been here for an Animorphs thread

>Keith Laumer's BOLO
>Animated

I hate anime, but THIS is a series for which a good mecha artist would be absolutely necessary. It could be either the greatest or the absolute crappiest thing ever made.

>Gene Wolfe? Philip K. Dick? Ursula Le Guin? It's all recycled elements ;^)

My god

Well, my next year or two certainly just got a little bit more hyped.

Defenitly the Videssos Cycle. At the very least to show all those shit taste'n isekai nips how an alternative world setting is done right

Brother.

Instead of making a cartoon they're making another shitty live action movie.

Especially if you like muscle girls.

I remember this. "... not another simpering, incestuous pantheon!"

>Harry Potter
>extended universe
No thanks. Quicker that franchise sinks into obscurity, the better.

THIS would be perfect for an animated series, surprised it hasn't been done.

>He never read the Calvin and Hobbes introductions were Bill Watterson clearly explained he was actively against animated Calvin and Hobbes

I want to see someone try. I want to see someone try to do a live-action version.

Not a book, but would make an awesome graphic novel or animated film.

Tarnsman of Gor

I was thinking ore like an Archer-type series, or an Adult Swim show. I've read a few of the comics, and they felt a little meh.

Now, a comic by, say, Phil Foglio, that would get my interest.

Since that's one of the pre-freakout books, it could probably work.

Ninety-one million.

The movies are shit! This should have been a cartoon series!

fuck me, you are right. stay away from the meh squeals.

didn't they already do one?

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
I know it already had a video game, but I just want to see the characters move and hear them speak.

I wonder who is mad enough to do this one?

Wasn't there an animated documentary of that?

Yeh.

Howard Chaykin?

Neal Adams?

Ennis?

I'd like a series of short films, or a miniseries off the first collection of Dying Earth stories. Just the original ones that are self-contained, I don't think I could take the entire saga of Cugel.

This series is perfect, it has everything.
Revenge. High Art. Robot Centipedes. Space Harems. Money Counterfeiting. High School Reunions. Vandalism on a Geographic Scale.

>wayne barlowe

God's Demon was really fucking good

There is a comic adaptation of this.

Wot.

A half ass comic was made for part of the first book. I'd like to see it done well.

I'm really rather upset this will never happen.

The ultimate cyberpunk meets ET disaster story.

The Cyberiad by Stanislaw Lem. You could do a lot with a creative animator.

english.lem.pl/works/novels/the-cyberiad/146-how-the-world-was-saved

Can't believe nobody mentioned Elric.

He's had comics. An Elric cartoon would almost have to be Japanese or French.

Here's a solid space opera looking for an artist

I'd commit murders to get a true-to-the-text animated Barsoom series.

With it's own Wikipieda page.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_of_the_Galaxy

This is hilarious.

Seriously. A movie would not work, and a miniseries of short stories would only really be viable for the first book. I actually enjoy the last two books, but only because I took a long break between the two halves of the series. Making it into a comic miniseries (an issue or two per story) would be a great proof of concept if anyone other than Bradly Cooper wants to make a film series out of it

Yeah. By a small press during the 90s.

Dem covers. Bought every single Barsoom book for 50p each from a charity shop when I was about 8 years old. Used to buy Commando comics there too.

>tfw Lem writes a shaggy dog story

I actually feel like an Illuminatus! film, if you edited and cut right, could be good, popular AND successful. It's at just the right intersection of conspiracy and parody, and there's plenty of action (which mostly gets skipped in the book) and sex (which mostly does't) you can show.

I don't remember much but damn...

I could get behind that. But should he look like Corbin Bernsen or Cary Grant as Laumer intended?

I think a lot of stories from the Golden Age of Detective Fiction e.g. Dorothy L. Sayers, Ngaio Marsh, Margery Allingham, etc. would make for a good series of graphic novels.

It could be god tier

good taste
i own a copy of this one

Exactly what I came to post, a cartoon series would be great.