Batgirl Annual #1 Preview

Is it Legion time?

Finally Kara and Babs team up.

you're telling me they haven't met at ALL in the new52?

Why some books get an annuals while the others don't?

Nope, I think the only bat charater who meet her was Red Hood.

>people will hurt me because i'm an illegal immigrant
>not because i broke into a high-security blacksite to steal something

>you're telling me they haven't met at ALL in the new52?

New 52 was fucking shitty. It made the DCU feel small and lame.

>Squeee!
God, who writes this shit?

They appeared together but didn't interact in the Batman/Superman annual.

I really like this artist but of course DC puts him on a comic I have 0 interest in reading. I mean, not like he's even on an ongoing or anything, just a one shot...

Bryan O' Malley's ex-wife.

Oops, meant to post this one.

This is DC's flagship SJW bait book, gotta use the pretty pictures to distract the dumb plots

Eisner Award winner, Hope Larson

>Larson
Did she then marry who I think she married? Or is that her single last name?

She never changed her name.

>Gayle
So it's not Saturn Girl?

>Like the Fist of an Angry G̶o̶d̶ Kryptonian
That's gotta hurt.

The hell? Out of all the bat characters she only met Jason?

KARA IS CUUUTE!!!

>God, who writes this shit?
If you think *that's* bad then you haven't been paying attention, user.

I thought the dude's pecs were tits at first

GIRL OF MURDER

Trendy quirky early 20s coffee shop hipster Barbara is shit.

It's Gayle Simone

>Babs' face when getting the Kryptonian fist

Saturn Girl is in Arkham. Emerald Empress is the one that's solicited to show up here.

What's going on here? It looks like she's on a mission, getting support over comm, and thinking about someone unrelated to the mission who she's bailed on a few times? Or is the person she's supposed to hang out with also the person supporting her?

So is this the normal level of writing for both characters' books or only Batgirl?

>is the person she's supposed to hang out with also the person supporting her?
Alysia is the tranny former roommate from Simone's run who's bitching about her First World Problems here:

Her support is coming from Frankie who was Not-Oracle in the Burnside run that came after Simone ( Not to be confused with the dude who's currently Oracle 2.0 in BoP ).

>hating kara
hahaha

oh god

>So is this the normal level of writing for both characters' books
Supergirl is considerably more twee and has sorta-synergy (she's got an adopted family with both parents and her sister all being DEO agents). The SJW stuff ( and constantly apologizing ) is current Bab's SOP.

Thank you. So basically is just ill-placed in the story?

I miss Oracle more with every passing month.

The eye is telepathic IIRC, but idk if it can emulate Kryptonian. And it (one of them, technically, because there are two) was destroyed or at least damaged during JLvSS.

Batgirl is more entertaining in an unironic sense despite its occasional sjw moments. Supergirl feels like Orlando doesn't really care and is just writing it for a paycheck.

Batgirl DEFINITELY hasn't been as bad as this annual is looking to be.

>So basically is just ill-placed in the story?
Extremely. Like she spent the first arc in the Far East (which didn't make any sense, but whatever) and in the current arc she's literally met up with the whole crew twice on page: they keep hitting hipster theme bars with the first being an indoor pool (shaped like a giant glass so you could see people swimming around) an the second posted in this thread that was built in an old laundromat).

I get the idea: she's supposed to be playing superhero; AND teaching coding to poor kids; AND doing her school work (suddenly she's back to majoring in Library Science ... because reasons); AND dating/snooping on Penguin's (literal) Bastard; AND ... but while logically something would have to give she's literally been shown to be juggling all this shit AND hanging out with the girls at bars like it's nothing but a thang. So it makes zero sense that she's putting off meeting up with someone who she's literally shown talking to in every issue.

But, ya know, CW style wangst: ain't gotta explain shit.