Who would win if Obi-Wan wasn't allowed to use his Jedi powers?

Who would win if Obi-Wan wasn't allowed to use his Jedi powers?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_III
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but could keep high ground?

Still Obi-wan. Dude was one of the best duelists on the Council, comparable to Mace even if I remember right, and Mace had Shatterpoint on his side. He was all about that one defensive lightsaber stance, Soresu I think.

Still Obi Wan. Literally known as one of the best duelists in the order.

Kys

Dooku

>Give answer
>>Kys
Faggot

can you explain more what you even mean
not same guy but it was interesting

Depends. Old Ben would win no problem, but I think Aragorn would be pretty evenly matched with clone wars Obi-Wan.

Lightsaber combat has 7 forms/stances focused on different things.
Form 1 (Shii-Cho) is the basic one, used mostly for training.
Form 2 (Makashi) is all about dueling, Dooku uses it. A bit more like fencing.
Form 3 (Soresu) is all about keeping up an immaculate defense. Obi's one of the leading masters of it in the Prequels.
Form 4 (Ataru) is all about fluid movement and concentration.
Form 5 (Shien) is like Soresu but more offense oriented, all about dominating the enemy
Form 6 (Niman) is a mix of the previous 5, taking the advantages of each to try and counter the weakness of each together.
Form 7 (Juyo/Vaapad) is the most vicious and the most offense oriented form, using the Force to make broad and powerful hits. Mace was one of the few to master it.

Honestly kys

Obi wan, but any first age human/elf would slaughter him

There was A time I studied these like the gospels, and had I studied the actual gospels I wouldn't be as lost and purposeless as I am. Then Disney came and now I feel like killing everyone at Disney. They took something pure and raped it horribly and this is why they all deserve to suffer, horribly.

have you ever kissed a girl

t. Assflustered Ranger Cuck
Yep.

Haven't seen this pasta before.

What did you mean by this?

Underage poster leave

Clone Wars is exactly as underage as any other Star Wars media.

I disagree

is this how chinks/autists think fighting works? that explains a lot

Mace, Yoda, Dooku and Anakin were all held in higher regard for their dueling ability.

who was the strongest jedi
is it rey like the meme people keep saying

In the movies it's made clear that Yoda is the strongest Jedi. Palatine believes that Anakin would have surpassed everyone, but of course that didn't happen once he lost his arms, his leg, his cock and had his lungs and skin burnt.

To add, Rey has only been in one movie so far and she's not even a Jedi in it, so it would be crazy to count her as the strongest currently. Even if she has the highest potential we've not seen what that is suggested to be, let alone see Rey realise said potential.

then how does yoda lose to other jedi what makes him strongest

Yoda doesn't lose to any other Jedi.

yeah that old fuck almost beats him easy and yoda has like ton of help

how could you measure Obi Wans fighting without jedi powers? the root of every action is his jedi power. the character cannot be seperated from the force, because you have never seen him without using the force. it is a huge part of every aspect of his identity.
>so tldr... your question is stupid as fuck OP.

>defensive lightsaber stance, Soresu
non-canon

Yoda only has two fights, neither against Jedi.

Count Dooku flees from Yoda once he realises his force techniques and dueling is ineffective against Yoda, and Yoda eventually flees from Palpatine, who wasn't a Jedi.

In any event, the fact that Yoda advised Obi-Wan to battle Anakin and to leave Palpatine to him, along with Obi's immediate agreement that this course of action is wise, is another clear indication of Yoda's power. Finally, Yoda is the only Jedi shown to contain and overpower force lightning with his bare hands.

Not OP but just take it as he isn't using any force powers beyond what he passively has ie force crush, force push, mind trick etc. whilst retaining his minor precognitive abilities.

Aragorn, even with Jedi powers, since his sword works on ghosts. The lightsaber is a handicap.

so palpatine is stronger? I thought all force users were jedi in some way
no joke or troll

Girls like dork ass nerd shit too. Even pretty ones.

The lightsaber would completely ignore Narsil and cut straight through Aragorn the first time he tries to parry or block.

Only if they are recited by Chad.

Don't tell me you actually fell for the Disney canon. You're not THAT retarded are you

No, Jedi means they were trained in the way of the Jedi like the Sith. Dooku was a Jedi at one point but went to the dark side and became a Sith under Palpatine.

Palpatine is about as strong as they come, he cut down multiple jedi masters on his own and probably could have killed Windu on his own too but was trying to force a situation to make Anakin turn.

I am not sure if Palpatine is stronger. Palpatine managed to cloud the Jedi's minds in some way by making them unable to see that he was a dark lord of the sith for years whilst being at times in their company and on Coruscant, the planet with the Jedi temple.

However, Palpatine's lightning, his most powerful weapon, was pretty handily contained by Yoda and redirected back to Palpatine, hurting him.

Honestly it seems to me that the arena they fought in greatly favoured Palpatine, which gave him the win in episode 3.

Palpatine is not a Jedi, he is a Sith. Their outlook on the nature of the force and it's application results in different methods of teaching add different abilities with the force, though many overlap.

I can't stand what Disney has done. I'm not talking about the political shit either. They're completely fucking the saga especially the OT and cunts are eating it up

> (You)
>I can't stand what Disney has done. I'm not talking about the political shit either. They're completely fucking the saga especially the OT and cunts are eating it up
They took something righteous and turned it into garbage. I hate them all.

Canon
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_III

Brainlet

I think Palpatine is considered the strongest Force user of all time. Yoda is probably about 90-95% of his power level though.

with lightsabers obviously the guy who has used lightsabers his whole life

with real swords obviously the guy who has used real swords his whole life

Luke is the strongest. Sheev isn't on that level or he wouldn't have gone so hard after Anakin. And both him and Vader knew that if Luke turned, he'd end up killing one of them.

yeah he wasnt even that strong in the force, just a really practiced swordsman

Believe I know. Especially that witch Kathleen Kennedy. Ruining the EU and making everything around star wars her damn agenda

Luke was definitely not the strongest he almost got btfo by lightning

Also Vader got beaten by Luke, what does that say about Vader power?

>Ruining the EU
Lad the EU was shit

He was very strong in the force. Don't you remember when Obi Wan and Anakin were trying to force push each other in the Mustafar control room and it took Anakin considerable effort.

well yeah nigger you dont think sheev would have every advantage fighting yoda? you do realize the fight in the senate hall was symbolic of the fight for the galaxy and the republic as a whole? sheev chucking senate pods at yoda was an allegory for the people and clones turning on the jedi. Sheev having every advantage shows how he is in complete control, even yodas little bullshit refraction of the lightning only slowed sheev down and yoda was the one who got btfo

Yoda and Sheev were absolutely even when fighting in the room before the platform started to rise. This is why I think that it is unclear who was more powerful.

Dude, Sheev can literally nuke a planet with force storms. He's definitely either the strongest, or really fucking close to being the strongest.

But that's extraneous to the films and television programs, isn't it?

Explain

They made force powers way way too powerful in the EU.

Is there an official or "official" power ranking?

Because it was 30 years of writers getting to publish their fanfics as """"canon"""" and ended up with retarded shit like Luke moving black holes with the force and Boba Fett chasing Luke and Han around the galaxy like a saturday morning villain.

>two expert swordsmen
>one has a lightsaber and is trained to use it
>the other one has a metal sword
>who would win ?
Who do you think ?

Aragorn would win even if Obi wan could use his jedi tricks and powers.

But that doesn't consist of the entire EU. Compared to what we have and will get til the sun explodes (rebels vs. empire over and over) I love the EU even more now. Sure it's bs and non canon to you but I love the shit

Sheev and Yoda > Obi-Wan and Anakin > Luke

Hard to say where the other jedi and sith fit in or where Old Republic characters fit in. Darth Bane and other old republic characters they might choose to make canon are probably somewhere near the top depending.

are they thinking of adding them?

Don't know if they'll add them but like Thrawn it won't be the same as what we know. Bane was in Season 6 of Clone Wars (when Disney took over and began retconning >.>) and has a new look. I hate it of course

edgy samurai