Is it possible to make a good story where the antagonist is literally all powerful?

Is it possible to make a good story where the antagonist is literally all powerful?

Other urls found in this thread:

alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_Series
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes.

Your image reminded me of something related.

Usually just results in the antagonist defeating himself by being stupid.

I was going to post it.

as long as they aren't omniscient i guess
>hide from the ultimate evil for the rest of your life

I mean, isn't that 1984? There's literally no way to beat that system.

And people love that book.

Depending on how philosophical you want to make it, the characters could discuss the possibility of that in the comic.

If the big bad was an elder god, or just a petulant human adult, half the fear would be trying to figure out exactly what it has the power to do.

Berserk?

Yep.

As I recall, this guy once defeated a superhero by going back in time and molesting her as a child so he could exploit her PTSD. 'cause he thought it would be a funny way to to do it.

One can hope

One Punch Man

That is pretty funny

Indeed.

Damn.

It is shitty to have a reality warper as a your archenemy.

Can you write a good hero who is an amoral asshole? I don't mean simply protagonist, but can you give a cruel or vile person the moral high road?

Infinity Gauntlet

Minus.

cosmic horror yo.

If their enemy is vile enough by comparison, sure.

Depends on what you mean by all powerful
Is he god?
Does he have unlimited reach?
Can he be slowed down?
Could be be interested in some sorth of deal?

so who else just skips over the sex scenes to get back to the story and game

Bionicle

Yes.

What game?

What is two villains fighting each other

Boy, are you in for a ride...
alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_Series

Not all powerful, just a computer with a lot of resources, with enough time they could have taken it apart.

>good stories
Sorry to break it to you but IG was nothing but fanwank.

This was fun.

H.P. Lovecraft, every story is with an all powerful antagonist

Dude we all knew it was coming and to be honest I was going to post that anyway

have my upvote fellow sir

Paradise Lost

>implying
I recently marathoned the whole series and they always came up with some fuckery to nerf him. Admittedly there would be no plot if the main protagonist could just incinerate literally anyone bar Michael and fucking God in an istant.

Great series tho.

not same user, but
couldnt help but laugh... now you got my atention

>good story

Didn't it take an evil reality warping robot assassin to kill him instead of the hero?

Humanity vs the universe.

>Didn't it take an evil reality warping robot assassin to kill him instead of the hero?

Yep. ironically The Fury was created by an alternate Jim Jaspers.

Who would that be?

Can't the Old Ones defeat eachother though?

>fun

No

Renegade Doctor from The Authority.

Berserk

Fuck, how do they beat him?

uh, yes? did you mean that it was bad or that it wasn't "fun"?
Still better than Incorruptible, what a fucking waste of a premise that was.

You know I only started browsing Sup Forums not that long ago and this the first time I made a random stranger angry over the internet, this is really a honour

As he gained more and more awareness of his powers the Authority bought time until all of the past experiences of the Doctors\Shaman caught up with him and he was overwhelmed with empathy.

then they drop kicked his head off when his time was up.

W-What happened?

>trying to bait be by pretending to be a newfag
I wasn't even the first user and I ain't even mad, but this meme of Saitama turning evil is just stupid, stop. There isn't the slightest hint at it.

If I recall correctly, his powers stem from a collective of spiritual guides that protect humanity; think the Avatar on a much grander scale. Humanity's current inheritor of the Doctor title pushes the full weight of the gifts onto him, sacrificng the entire lineage so this fuck can gain all their memories and full power.

And their empathy.

Now a geonicidal dickbag and also a living avatar of compassion, he has a nervous breakdown and begs for the heroes to kill him.

The Authority is one of those comics like Planetary that I wish I could just keep reading new stories about. Fuck I wish I could read it again for the first time all over again.

What de fuck is this?

The actual all-powerful Lovecraft Gods aren't necessarily evil, just inconceivable and mostly careless beings that just do whatever they want, if they care to.

The Mask arguably.
Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40000.
Reboot.
Anything where the struggle is against nature or radiation.
Reboot if the User counts as an antagonist.
Lego Movie considering President Boss was just an avatar of the dad.
Silmarillion?

Plus The Sandman

It was me berry

To be honest I thought it said PROtagonist

>antagonist

Yes.

OP said "good".

Not a very good story though

Lucifer was the most boring character and the whole book fell apart any time it was just about him. Pic related was the best character in it

Also calling God an antagonist is stretching it

Guts is pure.

Just look at this chappy chap.

If you're a damn good writer who actually come with a closure that DOESN'T include:

a) The antagonist sides the protagonist because friendship
b) He/she loses by DEM, nothing less
c) He/she actually wins and fuck everyone for the evulz
d) He/she loses, but everything points that because he/she did let the protagonis(s) win
e) You know it doesn't matter the answer, because an all mighty antagonist is the dullest idea

Wrong faggot, time specifically works against them. They're constantly coming back to life for the pure displeasure of being tortured for all of entirety. They all had flaws that were their major downbringing and is a reason why the AI was in control with such power, without these faults or the ability to overcome it, they might have a chance, they don't, everything they do is futile.

>White chicks mutation make her superpale
>black chick mutation make her charcoal black

ehhh I think she is one of the few characters you can't really change race simply because of her skin cholor scheme being so integral to her design and making her blacker would only be awkward

but if the concept art didnt made your dik go hnnng then youre a fag, this goes to the sprgs complaining

Minus has an omnipotent protagonist and its alot of fun to read. There isn't much of a story there but still a great read.