ITT: Name one Sup Forums series that was begun and ended by ONE author

You hear jokes about it all the time.
>"who would win in a fight, Goku or Superman?"
>"Uh... depends which Superman."

NO NO NO NO NO NO. That is not how canon works.

Name me just one western work that is not corrupted by the hand of another person.

The goon

Neil Gaiman's The Sandman.
Samurai Jack ignoring the comics

Starman

>That is not how canon works.
yes, it is

Dave Sim's Cerberus
James Robinson's Jack Knight
Mike Mignola's Hellboy (you gonna count any character that has an anime with filler as being untouched, then you're gonna count this)

Ed Edd n Eddy

Should have specified Marvel or DC cape comic. You're making this REALLY easy for Sup Forums.

Aren't alll of the indies begun and end with one author?

If it's easy, why isn't this thread capped by now?

Not really. The only one I count so far is Samurai Jack. Sandman lists three creators (according to the Wiki data box), and the others I've never heard of or count (Hellboy? Cmon). It just proves my point.

>you gonna count any character that has an anime with filler as being untouched, then you're gonna count this

Kinda silly to say that isn't in user? I mean, when people say "which version of Superman" it usually refers to which comic book iteration. Manga doesn't have fillers, only anime does. If the west does not include cartoon versions then why would the east?

Every issue of The Sandman has been written Neil Gaiman.
It would be like saying Akira Toryiama didn't write Dragon Ball just because executives put their ideas in his work.

Because it doesn't take 200+ posts to point out that there are a lot of comics that had a consistent writer / artist, and that Marvel and DC titles are treated like intellectual properties to be rehashed.

>discounting titles just because you've never heard of them.

You're either pick related, or very, very ignorant of western creators. More than likely both.

Sandman Mystery Theatre
Transmetropolitan
Chew

>I've never heard of Hellboy

Warren Ellis The Planetary

Nexus
Usagi Yojimbo

>Name me just one western work that is not corrupted by the hand of another person.

Alex Alice Sigfried.
Cerebus the Aardvark

In this case, ignorance is bliss since this thread is already struggling.

My mistake, I had thought Hellboy was created by someone else.

>I've never heard of or count (Hellboy? Cmon)

You do realize that Dragon Ball had an entire series made by a new team.

Your example is shit, GT exist

Daniel Clowes' Eightball
Each issue contained several short stories or a serialized novel, all by Clowes.

Except GT continues from where Dragon Ball left off and is good.

You probably can't say that about anything ever produced by Sup Forums.

Alan Moore Swamp Thing.

>and is good.

Bone by Jeff Smith.

are you fucking serious?

Badger
Madman
Mage

Tintin, the granddaddy of them all.
Tons of Eurocomics (but not all).

>Badger

Almost all comics continue from where the prior writer left off

And GT is shit

And even when Eurocomics have more than one author, it's usually that the original one died and a new team continues.

It varries. Spirou had like 4 creative teams before Franquin died.

Ultimate Spider-Man

How has no one posted that one yet?

Pic unrelated.

Locke & Key.

Stop replying to an obvious b8 thread you ninnies

>NO NO NO NO NO NO. That is not how canon works.
writer amount and canon are unrelated concepts.

That said, I agree its annoying when those debates happen and people are allowed to bring any elseworld superman they want yet Goku HAS to stick to canon for some reason.

If you want to make a point, you should ask:
>Name a big two series that begun and ended with one author.
And even then, there are probably some very obscure mini series which characters were left untouched after they ended because nobody gave a fuck (inb4 Ewing)

You're unbelievably ignorant.

Scott Pilgrim

>NO NO NO NO NO NO. That is not how canon works.

I guess we're going to ignore Trunks then.

And the fact that there are two games that have diverging timelines as a plot device

And that Super is currently doing an arc about the multiverse

GT isn't canon and isn't treated as canon, it's treated as a fun thing done. Pretty much just fan content that got published.

GT is also a piece of shit and every time it acts like it might do something cool they don't do it for some bullshit reason like "fuck off, you're too weak to help!"

Instead of "which Goku?" we now have "are we including Super?"

Stop fucking replying to this blatant b/a/it you dumb cunts. Jesus christ

Watchm-

Nvm

>that's not how canon works!

Stop being autistic.

What are you looking for exactly? Self contained runs with good conclusions? Because there's a lot of Superman stories like that. Do works that essentially take a character and reinvent them count like Sandman mystery theatre? Does it have to be about a character that was only used by its creator like The Maxx?

What exactly do you want?

What other Goku is there?

>already struggling

At what number of series do you tap out and admit you suck dicks and are ass pained because autistic fight monkey can't beat Superman, because there's been several examples given to you already?

Can we officially make DBZ honorary co/? I feel like it has more interesting topics here than in ani/

Go to the toonami threads you refugee

How is everyone forgetting Cerebus?

Usagi Yojimbo will not outlive Stan Sakai
Transmetropolitan
Achewood
Prequel

Savage Dragon

>That is not how canon works.
>the bible, which inspired the entire concept of canon in order to discuss it, has contradictory accounts of Jesus' life back to back
the gospel according to paul and the gospel according to john are both canon. pre-crisis and post-crisis superman are both canon.

Scott Pilgrim?

Both gospels are canon because they don't contradict, just different details of the same events.

your shit taste is showing

If you count Super, Dragonball no longer fits into that criteria either.

>What other Goku is there?
Movie Goku
GT Goku
Super Goku

More now than ever are people arguing what is considered "canon" in dragonball.

Canon is whatever Toriyama says it's canon.

Hey Arnold.
Calvin and Hobbes.

It never did. Toriyama's editors were a huge influence on what went on. The only reason cell ever transformed was because he kept redesigning cell until his editor liked it.

Having editors influence him doesn't mean it's not written by him, just like having a navigator doesn't mean you aren't the one steering the ship.

>"not corrupted by the hand of another person"

somebody forcing you to change something sounds a lot like you dont have full control of what is going on

>and is good
fuck OFF pedro

Soon Invincible.

Hellboy you fucking faggot.

You mean the sole reason Cell exists at all is because his editor didn't like either 19/20 or 17/18.

ok?

I can think of someone that not Clark.

Like every Fantagraphics series come to mind.

You first because Toriyama is not part of Dragon Ball anymore

most besides Marvel/DC ones

In the alternate timeline Charlie Brown had superpowers

Oh look. It's you. The broken human who reposts that along with a dozen other images every single Dragonball Super thread.

Well, maybe you shouldn't be having Dragon Ball threads on Sup Forums.

>Name me just one western work that is not corrupted by the hand of another person.
Why did you use Dragonball as example?

Subhuman, maybe you need to evaluate reposting the same 50 images in the same thread every single day.

Subhuman, I think you should relax and leave.

>He fell for the Synoptics don't contradict meme

Don't fall for medieval memes bro.

Better than the pure trash that is super

>fell for the post-modernist attempts to discredit the Bible by claiming it's inconsistent.

How can one lurk Sup Forums and don't know Hellboy? Cmon.

Because he is a shitposter that is most likely from some Discord.

see Also some works by Jean Giraud aka Moebius:
Airtight Garage
Blueberry, the original

movies and anime aren't canon, no matter what they are (super, GT, DB and Z, and movies not canon). absolute canon is the manga (vol 1-42, jaco, super manga all canon), easy niggaaaa

Usagi Yojimbo is legitimately the best ongoing out right now, and has been for decades.

>What other Goku is there?
There arent alternative versions(unless you fell for the xeno goku meme) but there are lots of non canon material.

Literally nothing you said has anything to do with the quoted statement. Timelines and canon are unrelated concepts.

>fan content
Its official content. You disliking it wont change that.

>More now than ever are people arguing what is considered "canon" in dragonball.
If the db fanbase mantained the criteria they had for 20+ years there wouldnt be a discussion.

Super manga is suplementary material to super anime so not either. Not to mention that'd make the canon version of bog and rof being two rushjobs.

i should have made clear the canon of bog and rof is the movies, but toriyama has more input on the manga than the anime, plus goku is still in-character in the manga

But you said that movies and anime arent canon no matter what they are. Which includes those two.

Really, the easiest way to go with it saying just the original manga is canon. Shouldnt stop enjoyment of the side material though.

>cerberus