Finally bit the bullet and watched this for the first time

Finally bit the bullet and watched this for the first time.

What a piece of fucking shit. What did they do to my favorite characters? Why am I seeing so many autists here defend this garbage? A jar of piss are you serious?

I'm actually mad typing this out. This is hands down one of the worst movies Ive ever seen. Capekino my ass.

>Why am I seeing so many autists here defend this garbage?
You aren't. It's one guy and he's not even serious, he just does it for (You)'s which people are more than happy to give

I should have heard people on Sup Forums and not watched it on theaters.

After that, the DCEU never had my money again.

>He fell for the kino meme
>He fell for the jar of piss meme

So far that only means you skipped on Suicide Squad though

What is this fucking blog post? Your opinions are literally worthless. Get the fuck off Sup Forums

But I won't watch WW or JL.

There are plenty of other movies to enjoy.

NOT MUH

>not muh Superman
>not muh Batman
>not muh childhood
LMAO

People don't have problem with this regarding Hellboy or Logan...

Maybe the movies are just shit....

>91002684
No (You) for you today WBshill

>so many autists here
by which you mean Sup Forums

it's too smart of a movie for Marvel Fans
let me see some (you)'s

because no one had opinions on those characters before their respective movie franchises. What a shitty argument

Go back Sup Forums Dannyboy

jeesus christ, you anti-dceu fags are so sensative and paranoid. Is it so hard to believe people have different taste than you?

Are you retarded?

Sup Forums loves Hellboy and everybody knows Wolverine.

>Finally bit the bullet and watched this for the first time.
No you didn't.

>It's one guy
Delusional.

yeah, AFTER the movies everyone loved Hellboy, and again, no one had any strong "muh" opinions on Wolverine outside of snikt bub. He didnt have tons of different interpretations like Batman and Superman.

Please stop being so retarded.

You know that this is falseflag right?

Yeah Hellboy and The Last of Us are pretty shit.

Yeah I'm sure you just happened to wait until now to see this movie for the ""first time.""

BvS was the best comic book movie of all time. Anyone who says otherwise is trolling. Sorry, something's gotta be #1 and it just happens to be BvS.

@91002895
Then me, sure

Then everyone else on the fucking planet, fuck no

And STILL no (You) for you

That movie beat Civil War in the bluray market abd like a 7/10 on IMDV so yes, people liked it

You have to be 18 to post here kid.

You have to be at least 13 to understand BvS, and since you obviously didn't it looks like you're the underaged one here.

>nobody knew about one of the most popular comic characters ever, and the most popular x-men

Patethic.

And the Hellboy bit still doesn't make sense, because Sup Forums likes both versions.

You're right on that count. Fidelity isn't the best way to judge the quality of an adaption, at least in my book. There are great adaptions that change a lot from their source material (The Shining, for example).

BvS is still a shoddy film though.

youre not complaining about the right parts. neither does Sup Forums usually, but Sup Forums didnt defend it.
the jar of piss is one of the only good aspects. it was a callback. in-context it made sense. luthor was actually kind of cool, he just wasnt luthor
the most basic problem is superman wasn't remotely superman and batman was only like half batman. wondy was fine
but the most SYSTEMIC problem is the shitty way the movie was made, so that even if everything else had been fine this would have tugged it down. almost every time the camera cuts away from something then cuts back, there's a mountain of continuity errors. superman is pulling lois out of the water, then we cut back and she's pulling him out.. or was it vice versa?

Sup Forums says they are memeing to make marvel fans upset except everyone just laughs at them

>he just wasnt luthor
t. casual

dude this has been a movie staple
nicholson joker wasn't joker, but he was pretty great
two-face in batman forever wasn't two-face, neither was the riddler the riddler, he was the joker. but they were still good.

It's hard to believe someone liked this movie

>BvS is a deep complicated movie meme

Yeah that surface level psych 101 was really deep kid.

Honestly mate the fact that you are so assblasted shows you don't read comics. Sure you might have watched the cartoons or something but comic readers understand elseworlds which is what this universe is. It's absolutely hilarious that all the people screaming NOT MUH are just fags that watch the cartoons and other movies.

I kind of enjoyed the film. Its a series of bad ideas but I guess I'm just the kind of person that always roots for an underdog film.

It being an elseworkd doesn't excuse it from being a shitty film.

>he just wasnt luthor
He was a shitty character whether or not he was luthor. Putting candy in a senators mouth? Who writes this shit?

This.

BvS wasn't so bad i wish i'd never put it on but it leaves you wanting something better because of its mediocrity, kinda like Netflix Iron Fist.

what am i doing, this isnt the place for rational discussion...

like I said, no one had an opinion about wolverine, not that they didnt know him you retard. No one had a "muh wolverine" because wolverine is more or less a one note character with either hints of samurai or hints of western depending on the writer. And no one has "muh hellboy" because most people were introduced to hellboy through the movie.

goddamn you are bad at just basic reading comprehension

An elseworld can be shit.

Also, if you are doing your cinematic universe, it would make sense to focus on the essence of "Superman" and "Batman", instead of doing weird deconstruction that are mostly made fun of. It feels like a poor attempt of mimicking Whatchman.

it really, really wasnt. The guy 100% meant it until he got called out.

But nicholson Joker WAS joker, just a more golden age gangster joker.

In the same way Carrey Riddler WAS Riddler just Silver-age Riddler (outside of the crazy yelling Carrey did).

And Luthor WAS Luthor he was just more inspired by Birthright's rendition of his silver/golden age version.

He's not wrong

>he doesnt see how BvS was a reconstruction

sad

Then call it out for reasons why its a shoddily made film, don't autismo screech and get buttblasted about how they handled the characters

there are alot of reasons why BvS wasn't a well made film and none of them had to do with characterization

Not him.
Neither do I.
Please explain to me how it was.

Out of curiosity OP, did you watch the extended edition or the original cut? Because the original cut is like a 6/10 movie, while in my opinion the extended edition is like an 8/10.

Nigga, I know that you come from reddit, but people were using that pic to falseflag for weeks before that.

I could do the same right now, and you would have no evidence against it.

The PRODUCER said that it was a deconstruction.

So funk off.

Ackhually, BvS is a deconstruction while JL is the reconstruction.

Another bait thread with only reason being shit is NOT MUH

4 years for MoS and near 1 year for BvS UC releases and still not a solid argument...

I liked it.

SAD DESU

It was fine

The extended was worse. It dragged and added nothing to the movie, it made it meander even more than it already did

That's fine, i like plenty of objectively bad things. It's fine to enjoy it, but to claim it was a masterpiece is just wrong.

>it's a "Sup Forums can't really explain why they hate a capeshit movie" episode

And that's the beauty of it. They will be cult favorites in the future. BvS is pleb filter

"Take X but make it SUPER DUPER GRITTY AND DEPRESSING" is one of the most dime-a-dozen, fanfiction-tier hooks for any sort of media on the market.
This movie might as well be "My Immortal" with capes.

>inb4 N-NOT MUH
This movie was supposed to be one of the most defining moments for both of DC's flagship characters, it should try to accurately capture their essence instead of trying to be a deconstruction of the genre.

Imagine if the first time Bugs Bunny was in a movie, the first scene he's in is him staring vacantly at the horizon from his hole in the ground, wondering if he made a wrong turn at Albuquerque, and if his entire life was nothing but a series of wrong turns that would eventually lead him off the edge of a cliff, where he would only realize that he's walked off after he finally looks down.

Also, cramming religious symbolism into something doesn't make it instantly good.

>Everything has to stay the same! Any different interpretation of muh heroes is garbage! Superman can never kill! B-buh-Batman can n-never KILL!!

This.

I hope that Superman kill a shitload of people on all the next movies. Batman too.

They said that WW costume was red with the blood of her enemies? Go fuck on, I want to see her slaughter the germans.

He should have just used any of the allegory characters. Hell if he did Midnighter and Apollo, he could have gotten gay points and gone full Snyder since the Wildstorm universe is pretty much how Snyder depicts superheroes anyway.

i disagree but I can't support my point in a way that will change your mind

it's symbolism, dumbass. not even very subtle symbolism

The point is one movie or movie series depicting these heroes differently from their usual tropes doesn't damage the characters at all, why not just enjoy a change of pace? They went in a different direction than the usual characterizations for Batman and Superman on purpose. People whining about that seem like they aren't aware it was done intentionally.

>why not just enjoy a change of pace?

1 - Because it isn't as good as it could have been.

2 - and isn't even good by itself, people just went to see it because of the name of the characters, but even if they were original, it would be bad and nobody would give a fuck.

Desperation and spite.

There are a solid core of company loyalists that simply can't admit these films are bad, because they see it as giving up and 'losing' somehow. So they circlejerk and circlejerk and repeat the kino mantras over and over, until they hypnotize themselves into believing that BvS was not shit.

In their heart of hearts, they know the DCEU is shit and will continue to be shit as long as it's taking all its cues from Snyder, but they cannot stand the idea of losing their imaginary war with their imaginary foes. So they soldier on, rebels without a cause, warriors without a clue.

>Because it isn't as good as it could have been
Do you mean it would have been better in your opinion if Superman and Batman had stuck to their well known comic book morals?

problem is they only made one episode and it's syndicated so we have to watch it 10 times a day.

>In their heart of hearts, they know the DCEU is shit and will continue to be shit as long as it's taking all its cues from Snyder, but they cannot stand the idea of losing their imaginary war with their imaginary foes. So they soldier on, rebels without a cause, warriors without a clue.

It's pretty fucking pathetic that you not only write this but that you actually probably believe it.

>until they hypnotize themselves into believing that BvS was not shit.

I think theres alot of people that were "meh" about it not even thinking it was total shit, but thats not even good enough

Nothing less that total adoration will do for rabid fanboys.

BvS is kino. Get over it.

I just took it this way too. It's an elseworld where superman doesn't know what he wants to be yet, and The Batman losing his way and needing to find his path again. I could give a fuck less about Wonder Woman besides the fact she saved batman. She didn't have enough screen time(thank christ almighty on his holy cross) to actually engage the audience. It was an ok movie for me. Could have been better, but it was watchable, not worth the time to bitch about honestly.

It would have been better if it wasn't a disjointed mess, if the dialogue wasn't robotic and inhuman, if every scene and line wasn't simply a setup for some majestic shot Snyder wanted to include, if it didn't flick from scene to scene willy-nilly like it was created by a fucking schizophrenic, if any of the actors save Affleck were bothering to actually act, if Lex's entire plan wasn't retarded, if all the characters didn't have to wear idiot hats for anything to happen, if it wasn't full of embarrassing cringeworthy lines that seem chronically out of place whenever they pop up, if there was any attempt to build Superman up as a symbol of hope before tearing him down, if there was any characterization behind Superman or charm in Cavill's performance that would cause you to give a shit about his sacrifice, if the cinematography didn't often become weirdly stilted, repetitive, and hamfisted (seriously, what the fuck was Snyder thinking with the court scene?), if it wasn't full of unnecessary flab like the JL teasing and Wonder Woman, and if it wasn't so preoccupied with being 2edgy4u.

There are lot of things wrong with this film. Literally everything wrong with shit like Age of Ultron is present here, but way worse.

This
More than that it was an ultrastruction. Where you deconstruction so hard that you go back around to being the dark souls of citizen kane super hero movies.

Not him but the DCEU is objectively pretty poor right now, yet there seems to be people who are so determined to not like the "normie trash" that is Marvel, and therefore laud Synder's DC films as though to not like one means you must love the other.

I mean there are elements of the DCEU that are enjoyable, or even good. Clark's first flight for instance, but as a cohesive whole, BvS and SS in particular just aren't very good.

Enjoyable maybe, but not good.

Its just the times we all live in now, i remember going to the theatre to see the last Pierce Brosnan Bond movie (the one with the asian dude with diamonds in his face, and the invisible car) , now THAT.... was a collosal piece of shit.

BvS was just uninspired and mediocre, but at least it didnt have an invisible aston martin

oh yeah i forgot, that bond movie also had a guy surgically turned from an asian dude to a pale, pale skinned british ginger... lets get some perspective on how bad blockbuster movies can be.

What's truly pathetic is that you can't admit that he's right.

You'd be so much happier if you just watched good films rather than devoting so much time and effort to defending shit ones. There are tons of good films released every year. Did you watch Hell or High Water last year? It was pretty good, you'd probably feel better after watching it.

It's unfortunate really, because the result of that turd of a film is a hard shift away from the campier elements of the Bond films. I'm not saying I want full on camp, but part of the fun was the bullshit gadgets like the trick pens and watches and stuff. We don't really seem to get anything like that in Craigs Bond films and even though I actually enjoyed them, even Spectre as sort of crap as it is, I feel that they're slightly missing out on that.

Hello. I also have just watched the movie for the first time after it being out for about a year now. And I have to make a few criticisms here. First of all, it was a bad movie. Second, I thought the pee in a jar was just too crass for this kind of a movie. Also, I didn't like Eisernberg's Luthor. And finally, there was too much religious symbolism.

This

Everytime someone writes up WHY it was shit all the BvS fanboys ignore the post and keep trolling. Every fucking time they can't think of a single rebuttle. Goes to show how pathetic they are

Spectre was doubly shit because they wanted to have their cake and eat it too. They wanted to bring back the camp, the gadgets, the evil organization, the henchmen, etc, but they also wanted to maintain the slick, serious tone of the previous Craig films. They failed at both tasks and the movie's unwatchable shit as a result.

I knew it was going to be shit when we saw set photos of Craig in this suit. Bond should NEVER wear peaked lapels on his suits. It's too Continental, not British enough.

you are right, you DO have to be thirteen to understand batman versus superman dawn of justice

>watched this for the first time

no you didn't

You are an absolute faggot for knowing that

And I love you for it

I'm not even sure if I approve of Tom Ford doing Craig's suits, period. I feel like Bond's suits should all come from Savile Row.

TBQH I bet Wonder Woman will be the first (not catastrophically broken) movie since Man of Steel. It has 1 hero , a good actor in Chris Pine, and a story that isn't a clusterfuck.

I bet it'll get a solid 70 on rotten tomatoes.

This guy is just too clever an auteur for us. We don't understand his Sonickino.

>> Alexander Luthor Junior is as much the DCEU version of Lex Luthor as Colonel Helmut Zemo is the MCU version of Baron Zemo, and deserves to be judged as such.

You're honestly completely right.

>> Poor attempt at mimicking Watchmen
Snyder has said as much, so confirmed.

And people say that Snyderfags aren't edgy.

>> I totally fucked up you guys, but I totally did it on purpose!

I have tried to explain company wars to my friends through the following analogy:

Imagine that there is someone who is fanatically committed to eating only at Burger King. They insist that every Whopper is fine cuisine and somehow objectively superior to the "pleb" Big Mac. They can't have a conversation about fast food or hamburgers without shilling Burger King as if they were getting paid for it (I'm not claiming that they are) and obsessively shitting on every other chain. And they get seriously upset if anyone lets slip that they ate at Burger King or like McDonald's better.

My friends are dumbfounded that such noxious autism exists anywhere, let alone there being a an active fanbase (however small) of it.