You did watch the new Hey Arnold movie, didn't you Sup Forums?

You did watch the new Hey Arnold movie, didn't you Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/10190687
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

i dont watch cartoons. i think there is a board for cartoons though, maybe you should ask there

What's it called?

Sup Forums

I fucking love Grimes

They fucking made that? I haven't watched Hey Arnold in YEARS, holy shit.

Yeah it came out a few days ago.

This makes me kek every time.

Did Helga get the D? Is her mom still an alcoholic?

I haven't seen the show in years and don't remember watching movies, but watched this because it's supposed to be an ending and even though there's some satisfying character moments i really didn't like how WACKY it was, the thing i always loved about the show was how grounded and surprisingly depressing it was.

Yes. Phoebe too and even their teacher

Is that a yes to getting the D or to being alcoholics?

was it any good? was thinking about watching it

First one, parents are a tiny part of the plot, they have like 30 seconds of screen time, i didn't notice her drinking. Big Bob still sells beepers tho

As an ending it's satisfying, as an actual episode of the show...NAH. It's weird and surprisingly violent, like 10 people die

>i really didn't like how WACKY it was, the thing i always loved about the show was how grounded and surprisingly depressing it was.

The show always walked a line between the two. I expect it is nostalgia clouding it somewhat for you, since the show was filled with zany sound effects, Helga undergoing slapstick and general cartoon stuff. The more deep and depressing stuff for which the show is more known was great because it was juxtaposed with all of that.

At least an 8/10, though it is far better if you've watched the show fairly recently so you can appreciate it more.

Nearly done with chapter 3

archiveofourown.org/works/10190687

Forgot link

Outside of the half dozen or so very well known episodes the show is known for like the Christmas episode with Mr. Hyuin's daughter, the flashback episode of Arnold's parents leaving, pigeon man etc it was a very typical cartoon of the era with plenty of silliness, some of it downright dumb and juvenile that is completely forgettable.

t. just went through the series again a few months ago

>clicked the link
Motherfucker, what list am I on now

>the show was filled with zany sound effects, Helga undergoing slapstick and general cartoon stuff
Not the user you're replying to, but even though that's true, the Jungle Movie kind of went overboard with some of the stuff, like Pookie acting like a legit SAS commando during a cartoony raid/escape from a prison. Helga's mom especially seemed more wacky than her usual, drunken stupor. There were definately some things that felt a little too cartoony for Hey Arnold, especially considering how dark some aspects of the movie were. The amount of brutal deaths also kind of threw me off.

That being said, I thought thought it was a pretty good conclusion. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, and I"m kind of bummed there isn't going to be more.

What about that one episode where Stinky was revealed to be a vampire and the ending says it's canon?

That's just the reality of returning to a work 15 years later. Even if you got every single original writer back for something that ended 15 years ago, in those 15 years those writers have changed and the time it was written in is gone. That's why a show like Mission Hill would be impossible to be brought back to continue.