How'd i do today Sup Forums? alien and bladerunner were preowned. Sort of wish i'd sprung for bladerunner in 4k...

how'd i do today Sup Forums? alien and bladerunner were preowned. Sort of wish i'd sprung for bladerunner in 4k, but couldn't justify 3x the price.

As someone who went from watching YIFY on a laptop to bluray on a 4k tv, I've gotta say it feels good.

also, bluray recommendation thread

Speed Racer

>Preowned

bought this what am i in for

my local music/movie store has a huge selection. why buy new if there's an option? alien was like $5

Do you want me to congratulate or something

>Paid money for used Alien film
>Didn't buy Alien Anthology for peanuts
Well done, user.

post your whole blu ray collection

oo, sounds great but not such a good deal at my local

Good haul, user

i really thought those were HD DVDs for a sec

bought this for $10 on black friday

are the criterion blurays worth the price in terms of visual quality? looking at barry lyndon in particular

WE

Ended up getting Blade Runner in 4K for $15 at Best Buy on Black Friday. Ended up buffing up my collection by quite a bit actually. They had a lot of unadvertised 4K sales.

Not OP but i live in a shitty small town and my walmart didnt have any 4k movies to buy on black friday

WE

I paid extra to not get Alien 3 and Resurrection

an ok movie
Sup Forums tears

Wait.. you actually paid for media?

i like 3 and Resurrection even though they are not they great so its all good

Barry Lyndon also has better video quality. It’s a 4K remaster in the original theatrical aspect ratio (the old blu-ray is cropped) and it has the original 70s WB logo (old BD replaces logo with 90s version).
But yes it’s also worth it for the special features. All the information about Kubrick’s attention to detail is incredibly informative and pretty mind blowing at times.

Since we're on this tier of sci-if, I would recommend the following bluray-worthies.

>Logan's Run
If you can stomach a bit of corn, you're in for a dystopian action film with a powerful message about identity. It's a smart movie. 70's science fiction at it's finest.

>The Planet of The Apes
Not the Tim Burton one.

>Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets
Because I liked it. Whether it will hold up in a decade or two, we have yet to see. It surpasses Avatar in visuals without being blatantly anti-American, and it's hilarious.

>Cloud Atlas
Two souls meeting in different lives. It's cleverer than it sounds. The Neo-Seoul scenes are directed by the Wachowski sisters. Pure kino if you ask me.