Frodo: I can't do this, Sam

Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.

Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great case studies, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of losses and bankruptcy they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the market go back to the way it was, when so much bad happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this downturn. Even recessions must pass. A new growth cycle will come. And when the ink turns black it will shine out the blacker. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if your portfolio was too small for you to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Entrepreneurs in those stories had lots of chances of liquidating their assets, only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?

Sam: That there’s some profit in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.

*yawns bemusedly*

BRAAAAAAARRRRPPPP

nice one user, have a you

financeposting is underrated

>Life insurance...'ere has it covered the graves of my forefathers. Now it shall cover the grave of my dependent.

I HAVE A STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT AND I NEED CASH NOWWW

Why was Denethor such a retard

Many of these assets were properly reported. Items I had recorded from purchase and transfer. They had values of their own.

Saruman! An auditor should know better!

>If I should file my return, think better of me Father.
>That would depend on the nature of your return

VERY good post

>you said this investment would never fail while your men hedge it. They still hedge it. They have gone bankrupt hedging it!

Come not between the tax man and his prey! Or else he will not audit thee in thy turn. He shall bear thee away to the houses of litigation, beyond all darkness, where thy credit shall be stripped and thy accounts laid bare before the lidless IRS!

WE'VE HAD NOTHING BUT RECESSION FOR 8 STINKIN YEARS

>BRAAAAAAARRRRPPPP
Is that a fart noise or is that the blade runner meme?

>no moth should have to bury his eagle

Because Aragorn is a distant descendant of Isildur and he isn't, that automatically makes him better. Never mind that Aragorn has no experience governing.

Frodo: "Sam! Multi-nationals!"
(The Elves march through the forest, singing)
Frodo: "They're going to the Caymans, beyond the White Towers. To the Tax Havens."
Sam: "They're taking their assets, and parking them outside of Middle-Earth."
Frodo: "Never to return."
Sam: "I don't know why — it makes me sad."

obligatory "but I can be your dependant" post

>Domestic market is behind
>The world ahead
>And there are many markets in which to spread
>To China
>Secretary, book my flight
>Until Wall Street is all alight
>Risk and IPO
>Stock and trade
>All shall fade
>All shall fade

>Moria… You fear to go into those books.
>The Dwarves leased too greedily and too quickly
>You know what they awoke in the shadows of their debt
>Bankruptcy, and Repossession!

>tfw majored in economics and can't into this meme
whats the point of living

I just try to incorporate shit I learned in class this week before I forget it all.

Boromir: None of us should lease alone, you least of all. Frodo? I know you suffer, I see it day by day. Are you sure you do not suffer needlessly? There are other ways, Frodo, other paths we might take.
Frodo: I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart.
Boromir: Warning? Against what? We are all afraid, Frodo. But to let that fear drive us to destroy what hope we have... don't you see? That is madness!
Frodo: There is no other way.
Boromir: I ask only for the capital to defend my investments!
[approaches Frodo]
Boromir: If you would but transfer me the Lease...
Frodo: [backs away] No!
Boromir: Why do you recoil? I am no banker.
Frodo: You are not yourself.
Boromir: What chance do you think you have? They will find your debt. They will take the Lease! And you will beg for bailouts before the end!

nice triples

I'm pretty sur Denethor says "manner" not "nature" but other than that 10/10

>Build me a hedge fund...worthy of the MESE.

Where'd this meme come from?

Something about George RR Martin saying that LOTR is dumb because Tolkien never explained WHY Aragorn was a good king, because he never told us what his tax policy was.

Why didn't Gandalf short the one ring market, thus making a profit when the war started and use the funds to acquire a share in the eagle market?

>is it solvent?
>is it safe?

>We have just agreed...
>Yes?
>I have told your names to the annual meeting and we have agreed - you are not related parties
>Well, that's good news
>And what about the IRS? Have you made a decision about THEM?
>Now, don't be hasty, Mr. Meriadoc
>Hasty? Our clients are out there! They need our help! They cannot manage their portfolios on their own!
>Financial reporting, yes… It affects us all. But you must understand, young analyst. It takes a loong time to prepare financial statements. And we never report anything… unless it is worth taking a looong… time to become material

Why didn't Elrond call the IRS on Isildur for claiming the ring for himself without proper paperwork after the hostile takeover of ORTRTA LLC.?

>THE MERGER LEGOLAS! THE MERGER! BRING IT DOWN!

>tfw don't understand economics so I can't enjoy this meme

Treebeard: There is no curse in Jewish, Entish, or the tongues of men for this treachery.
Pippin: Look, the heebs! They're moving!
Merry: Where are they going?
Treebeard: They have business with the Orcs. My business is with Isengard tonight, with pen and paperwork.
[Ents emerge from the woods, following Treebeard]
Treebeard: Hroom, hm, come, my friends. The Ents are going to audit. It is likely that we go to our doom. The last audit of the Ents.

this one was already too close to taxposting

Just watch some econo-kino and you'll be good.

>the big short
>wolf of wallstreet
>moneyball

LOOKS LIKE MERGERS ARE BACK ON THE MENUS, BOYS

>share the loan..

lost

DEBT!

I kekd

SE-CUR-I-TIES
trade em, sell em, stick em in a fund

Eomer. Take your loan officers down to the barrio. Gamling, follow the redlining down to the ghetto. Grimbold, take your brokers to the sticks, after you leave the highway. Forth, and fear no bankruptcy! Arise! Arise, underwriters of Theoden! Credit shall be extended, mortgages shall be secured! An approval date... a review date... ere the sharemarket rises!

Write now! Write now! Write! Write for minorities, and subprime lending!

Debt!

Debt!

DEBT!

FORTH, UNDERWRITERS!

heh

>>>r/outoftheloop

>By rights we shouldn't even be here

easter egg put in by Jackson to poke fun at neckbeards who were mad he changed so much shit

>I come back to you now
>At the turning of the fiscal quarter

Elrond: You're outmatched, Aragorn. You need more assets.
Aragorn: There are none.
Elrond: There are those who dwell in the basements.
Aragorn: Bitcoin Miners. Day-traders. You would call upon them to merge? They believe in nothing. They answer to no one.
Elrond: They will answer to the principal shareholder of Gondor.
[pulls out Anduril]
Elrond: Anduril, Flame of the West, forged from the bailout of Narsil.
Aragorn: Sauron will not have forgotten the portfolio of Elendil. The holding that was bankrupt shall return to Minas Tirith.
Elrond: The man who can wield the power of this portfolio can summon to him investors more diversified than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Lender. Become who you were born to be. Take the Dimholt Exchange.

I will give my life savings and all my bonds to anyone who redubs Fellowship entirely like this.

how much you talkin