Who is the WORST Marvel villain? We get lots of discussion about the best...

Who is the WORST Marvel villain? We get lots of discussion about the best, but no one can agree on who takes the crappiest cake.

Personally I believe it goes to the flame guys from IM3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MGEpwzwvwuU
youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do
variety.com/2016/film/news/disney-marvel-avengers-infinity-war-will-be-only-one-movie-1201826862/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

has to be Ronan.

Malekith or whatever the fuck his name was

If it wasn't for Mommy Blanchett, Hela would be a contender.
She got sidelined in her own movie by the gladiator arena, and when she was on screen all she did was throw knives at people and repeatedly remind the audience of who she was.

Embarrassingly shit

Blathering on about a bird for most of the film

Its even funnier knowing that Marvel fucked him over

Does the Mandarin count? Although I thought that was pretty funny

I would almost agree with you, except that all of movie IM's marquee villains fit the "not what they seem on the surface" theme, including Venko. The flame guys in the third one are just lame, though. Fant4stic tier villains

>HEY GUIS WAHTS THE WORSEST VILAN IN CAPESHIT

see , the Mandarin and Venko are at least interesting because they present a question. Do the villains that fit the comic-book mold of over-the-top, ridiculous brawlers really call the shots, or are our villains sometimes more sinister, more covert, and more normal-seeming?

That one nobody from civil war.

The senator guy played by Robert Redford?

Yeah, Malekith. Total nothing character.

i think the doppelgangers are the shittest. stane, and yellowjacket and abomination. at least have your own motif. they are doing the same shit in black panther too

it's close

im2/ im3/ thor2/ ultron

Malekith was a bargain bin General Zod, basically

thats winter soldier. he is talking about zemo.

I remember nothing from this movie

No, that's winter soldier. I'm talking about the dude who orchestrated the whole deal. And showered iron man the tape of bucky btfo his parents

How did Marvel fuck him over?

pls
zemo doesn't even come close to these

>stane
Stane was based, they shouldn't have killed him off desu

With their penis I hope

His superpower is being a whiney faggot. None of the villains you referenced are half as pathetic.

>According to Rourke, the trio worked hard to make sure Vanko was more than just a bad guy with some super-cool whips, but most of the character work they did wound up on the cutting-room floor thanks to the Marvel powers that be.

>"It's like when I did Ivan Vanko in Iron Man, I fought ... You know, I explained to Justin Theroux, to the writer, and to [Jon] Favreau that I wanted to bring some other layers and colors, not just make this Russian a complete murderous revenging bad guy. And they allowed me to do that. Unfortunately, the [people] at Marvel just wanted a one-dimensional bad guy, so most of the performance ended up the floor.

>"Well, you know, it is f**king too bad, but it's their loss. If they want to make mindless comic book movies, then I don't want to be a part of that. I don't want to have to care so much and work so hard, and then fight them for intelligent reasoning, and just because they're calling the shots they ... You know, I didn't work for three months on the accent and all the adjustments and go to Russia just so I could end up on the floor. Because that can make somebody say at the end of the day, oh f**k 'em, I'm just going to mail it in. But I'm not that kind of guy. I'm never going to mail it in.

>"At the end of the day you've got some nerd with a pocketful of money calling the shots. You know, Favreau didn't call the shots. I wish he would have. And Theroux, we worked together to bring layers to that character, so, you know, I fight for that any time I'm playing like a bad guy."

Fucking Ultron, no contest. That original trailer when he was all menacing and creepy was so god damn good, then Whedon turned it into a quipping faggot. What a waste of James Spader

oh yeah I misread that sorry

Zemo was interesting because he killed the supersoldiers and used psyops to fuck with the avengers instead of another arcade game punching match, though

iluv cabesheet moopies, such deepness and cool thing to think about. I cry evrytaim whrn aspengers theme is in scene! It remin me tu mai ded father! ;(

Thanks for the rundown.

Stane worked extremely well as a doppelganger because it's implied that his success was being second-best to Tony and his father

This sucks. I would have liked to see the Vanko they envisioned. As it is, I still find him a weird and compelling character

go way anonn dats nt funy

No he meant Zemo. Redford sleepwalking through his role sucked as well though.

Even Cate couldn't save the movie because the way the film was put together, all jokes and shit, meant that she didn't seem to be trying to play a solid character. All the Thor movies have problems with focusing on one thing instead of building up the major threat.

I agree with OP Guy Peace was pretty shit in IM3. Probably made worse because Ben Kingsley was actually quite intimidating as The Mandarin until Shane Black through in that shitty twist just for a few chuckles. So instead of this menacing villain the twist was it was just ANOTHER industrialist who had a bone to pick with Tony Stark

Ultron was pretty fucking bad too and I hate to repeat the term but he really was a quipbot.

Doctor Doom from the F4 reboot

This is seriously the final battle of the film

youtube.com/watch?v=MGEpwzwvwuU

GAPESHIT MOOBIES AER CONTEMPODARY MYOTHOLOGY

People complain about that guy the same way they complain that Man of Steel didn't have John Williams' superman theme. As if it's actually valid criticism instead they're just complaining about a non issue.

The guy being a total nobody in Civil War was the point, the way they built up this other squad of super soldiers then it turned out they'd already been killed was the point. He was just a guy who's life was fucked up by the Avengers collateral damage and he made them turn on each other. That was it and his subtlety and impact made him one of the best villains.

Was a victim of Marvel realising Loki was so popular. They gave Loki more to do in the film (and involved him in viral marketing) and actually took scenes away from this elf fucker to do it.

The guy from Thor 2.

LITERALLY A GOD Tier
>Thanos

Top Tier
>Red Skull (Captain America 1)
>Hela (Thor 3)

High Tier
>Bucky (Captain America 2)
>Vulture (Spider-man Homecoming)

Mid Tier
>Loki (Thor 1)
>Jeff Bridges (Iron Man 1)

Meh Tier
>Ultron (Avengers 2)
>Dormammu (Doctor Strange)
>Ego (Guardians of the Galaxy 2)

Bottom Tier
>Loki (Avengers 1)
>Malekith (Thor 2)
>Ronan (Guardians of the Galaxy 1)
>Evil CEO from Ant-Man 1

Shit Tier
>Mickey Rourke (Iron Man 2)
>Guy Pearce (Iron Man 3)
>That dude from Captain America 3

>some nerd with a pocketful of money calling the shots.
FEEEEEEIIIIIIIGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>the villain needs to be super duper strong and have super duper powers for me to care
This is why they all suck. Because of plebs like you.

Based Rourke.

Honestly , without his storyline , Ultra was top tier.
They wasted James Spader voice and charisma with a stupid story.

The trailer of AVG2 made me so hyped but the movie was shit.

>flying_truck.webm

Why all the Zemo hate? He is literally one of the only ones I liked...

>ok Rourke can you play the villain in this comic book adaptation? He's some guy gone mad
>well well well I'm a SERIOUS actor now, so I want a 600 page backstory for this guy, I'm going to live in Russia for six months, now can we have a 40 minutes scene about his childhood? I want people to understand where he comes from. And maybe a short, 20 minutes scene about him experiencing some trauma that makes him go mad, but the scene is all in russian, hey have you ever heard about Daniel Day Lewis?

>Bucky
But he isn't the villain in Captain America 2, Robby Redford is.

He had a really cool space ship.

>trailer was more threatening than the movie
>trailer, AVENGERS EXTINCTION
>movie, YOU EVER MADE A FUCKING OMELET

JESSE

Either flame guy or whiplash. Ultron was kinda shitty too. A quippy, smart ass robot isn't intimidating or scary.

muh bird

>watching im 3 for the first time
>wow this mandarin guy is really cool I wonder if he 'll end up with those rings like in the comic
>haha I'm just an actor bro want a beer lol
>mfw

I can't remember the last time a movie triggered me so hard. It was even worse when all my normie friends thought him being an actor was funny and one of the best parts of the film.

I thought the twist was great

Unfortunately Pearce was a shit replacement villain

What the fuck even happened in this movie? Least memorable by far.

Thank you. It genuinely irks me when people say that Zemo was a bad character. No, he was a great character because he got by through skill, planning, and ruthlessness. He also succeeded, which is way more than nearly every villain in the Marvel movies can say.

>vulture

Please he was barely even a bad guy. Not too many villains accidentally kill their henchman and then feel bad. Plus "I did it for muh family". Fuck homecoming was disappointing.

Because people unironically think this:
That's why Hela is in top tier

hela was just as generic and boring as everyone else
and i'd day that mads was the actual villain of dr strange, not dormammu who gets like 5 seconds screen time (sadly mads was as generic and interchangable as any other shitty villain)

Gotta be this.

>so bad and forgettable that people forget to mention you in top10 lists of shitty villains

lol he wasnt even a marvel villain

This was before capeshit really was capeSHIT. People still put effort into the roles like Tom Hardy did into Bane or Ledger did into Joker because they thought they were working on something special

Everyone forgets about sandman, the only good acting to come from any of this shit. Thomas Haden Church did good but he was overshadowed by the cringe and trash.

I will forever be mad about that.

Trailer Ultron was wonderfully creepy. Movie Ultron was a lame, toothless piece of shit.

The most interchangeable I think were the villains from Thor 2 & GOTG1. I really think you could swap one space commander with a black second in command for the other and lose nothing

fun fact, Cumby played Dormammu

Thanos, Alexander Pierce, Loki and Jeff Bridges are by far the best superhero villains of the of the past 10 years or so.

When is Red Skull coming back?

Is it going to be something like when he got zapped away by the blue cube that he took over Thanos or something?

King of Naggaroth?
DROOKEY

youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do

Time to get you mad again

>sinister AI
>to quip-bot 5000

Fuck Whedon, also his design was garbage

Why would Avengers Loki be bottom tier

Thor saves like 3 universes from colliding and distorting everything AND fighting the bad guy WITH the power stone. Why the avengers weren't assembled for that is beyond me.

>worst marvel's villain list
>lmao look dc character was so bad it wasnt even featured

I don't think Hugo was happy with Marvel either.

Biggest thing I've noticed about phase 1 is pretty much everyone but the minor characters or the main starring actors (and even then excluding Edward Norton) either got fucked over by Marvel or think that Marvel were being a bunch of greedy Jews.

*with the reality stone.

the power stone is in GotG 1.

Phase 2 was full of examples of Marvel not knowing how to handle solo superhero movies. The fucking president of the United States is held hostage in IM3 and captain America is nowhere to be seen. Or like you say in Thor 2 the world is about to be destroyed again and not a peep from Nick Fury

>vilain is so forgettable that people don't even remember from which franchise he came from

All I remember was Loki becoming Cap for a split second.

Supposedly he'll show up on Infinity War
>mfw they'll finish that story in ONE movie
How the fuck are they going to fit Thanos coming to earth, getting all the stones, all the characters from the different movies getting together, fighting Thanos and his minions on earth, Thanos fucking off back to space and having the avengers and the rest following him there and beating him, in at the most 180 minutes (no way it'll be this long though)

Marvel definitely had a phase of fuckups comparable to the DCEU but they didn't have as big of a god complex or such high standard characters to crash and burn with

That's not to say DC are any better. Apparently Wonder Woman's 100 year hiatus included not giving a fuck that Zod was destroying the entire fucking Planet she was on. Not to mention Aquaman

That was fine when Hammer was the other villain in 2, but that nobody going full flamer and screaming I'M THE REAL MANDARIN seemed derivative and stupid. Twist was fine, but needed a better mastermind

There's another Avengers movie about this, they're just not calling it Part 2 anymore because the marketers told them it would decrease turnout

agreed, that's why the villains in IM3 were the worst

They were also smart to roll with the punches and stick to the guns

DC are constantly messing with tone, plot and characters

Good list for the most part except I think Robert Redford's character is more the villain of Cap 2 and I'd put him Top Tier for sure. Bucky was a good villain/switch or whatever you want to label him. I thought Ronan was decent. Also, Ultron should have been fucking amazing. Spader was a great casting, they should have just let him be serious and menacing instead of quipster 3000.

No
variety.com/2016/film/news/disney-marvel-avengers-infinity-war-will-be-only-one-movie-1201826862/

source on that? such a crime they left that villain fade away. I'd think he would of shown up or been mentioned in Thor about some guy with a red skull appearing
also for the villain rankings

>Woops, forgot about you tier

pic very fucking related

I thought it was going to be a 2 parter still with the films in between fucking around with the chronology. Like Captain Marvel is set in the 90s and Ant Man 2 could be set a few weeks/months after the original (like GOTG2) Isn't there another Avengers movie coming out early 2019?

>Captain Marvel is set in the 90s
So an origin story? How does that fuck up the chronology?

Can't be fucked reading that but are they just saying it won't be a "part 1& part 2"?

Who even is that

I would also say the clouds from both the fantastic four and green lantern

Yeah. It's literally impossible to do it in one movie, especially in a movie that'll spend like an hour introducing characters to each other before Thanos even shows up on earth.

yeah definitely, I think DC characters were too big to succeed. Too many people had oversized expectations for it, so any mistakes, small or large, were major wounds

I said "fucking with" the chronology not "fucking up". As in Avengers 3&4 could be set directly after each other but the films released in between them would be set at other points in the timeline.

I still think Phase 2 needed a Black Widow/Hawkeye prequel

Haven't watched too much of either universe capeshit but honestly the fact that I have no idea who the fuck you people are talking about says a lot about how badly DC fucked up.

>needed a Black Widow/Hawkeye prequel
Nobody needs that

>Vulture was a shit antagonist because he was relatable and had a grounded, plausible motive
You absolute fucking pleb. I'm embarrassed for you.

He's this character from The Incredible Hulk who gets shit spilled on his head right at the end of the movie and it's obviously setting up for him to be a return character but cuz TIH wasn't a hit they've so far ignored the character and it might be too late at this point to bring him back.