What's the best portrayal of climate change in a movie?

What's the best portrayal of climate change in a movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/coral_bleach.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Drought = climate change
Kys

bruh

It's hard to portray accurately something that isn't true.

The day after tomorrow

*inhale*

Drought != Climate Change™

A drought is literally a symptom of the climate changing.

just pour more water in there lmao whats so difficult

ice age

>dude look at this artificial lake
>the water system of Cali proves climate change

The climate hasn't changed since I was born.

the climate changing != Climate Change®

The water is straight so it wanted to move away from all the gayness in cali

>the earth is flat
>come on that's nonsense
>the climate changes
>uhh well hold on a minute

imagine how many fucking liberal roasties got butthurt about that

>B-BUT CHADDDD
>WHY COME WE CANT GO ON BOATIES NO MORE!
Because dear the fucking republicunt shitheads are killing the planet
>DOO SOMETHING CHADD

Waterworld.
Really though, movies rely on spectacle. Regardless of how destructive it is, there's nothing spectacular about a century-scale shift in temperature and rainfall distribution.

SOMEBODY THINK OF THE YACHTS

we need to destroy thousands of jobs cause liberals need their yachts and polar bears

won't somebody think about them

he's not wrong szechuansaucekid

earth is flat, weather is occasionally controlled with machines

Imagine typing this and deciding it's good enough to post.

>

Imagine being this mad too.

Climate Change as an industry has set terms and conditions that need to be met. Simple changes in the weather don't equate to climate change as an industry term. You are too retarded to understand or willfully obtuse which makes you a shitter.
And you are mad as fuck to boot.

It was fucking 83 degrees outside today. I'm pissed

The Same Lake Oroville that had a spillway break because of flooding.

Lake Oroville water leveldeclining. The chart below shows how thewater levelat theOrovillereservoir has been reduced over the last 24 hours. According to a spokesman for the Department ofWaterResources,wateris pouring down the facility's damaged main spillway at a rate of about 100,000 cubic feet per

How does this work? Do they use rigged thermometers?

I honestly remember a decade ago the media telling everyone that climate change is not real

now, it's the reserve. I don't know what happened, but jews are planning something.

jews are reversing the reserves!

>Climate Change as an industry has set terms and conditions that need to be met
It's like you wanted to say something but remembered mid-sentences you know nothing about climate change.

>Climate Change as an industry has set terms and conditions that need to be met.
Okay.

an artificial lake drying up in a state with a drought (that historically has always had droughts) does not qualify as climate change.

Now show me the part where it shows that that isn't a normal function of the planet.

Okay.

>that historically has always had droughts
>wh-what do you mean i'm literally talking about climate change right now?

>A one degree fluctuation
Whoa, stop the presses, we need to bring the whole industrial economy to a screeching halt while we solve this non problem!

One degree of global average temperature change is a lot. The Earth is kinda big, and pretty sensitive to changes in average temperature.

>stob glymitt jaynj

>moving the goalposts already
Brainlet pic very much related?

the climate changing in ways it always has does not equate to Climate Change™
Do you freak out every time it snows in December or every time you get a sunburn in the summer?

No it isn't. The tempurature changes over the span of 100 different degrees, sometimes more, on a yearly basis.

An artificial lake drying up due to a state's piss poor resource management does not relate to climate change in any way.

Most climate change movies are campy disaster flicks. 2012, San Andreas, Day After Tomorrow, Volcano, etc.

>December 2nd
>still no snow
>like 50 degrees
t-thanks...

GLIMAT SHAYNJ WEER DUMED! WEER ALL GUNNA DIE

>bunch of random faggots using google and youtube to argue about issues they lack expertise to be vocal about

what else is new

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. A 2 degree Celsius change in the ocean's temperature would wipe out all the coral reefs in the ocean.

>doesn't understand exponentiation
A 1 degree change in temperature allows bacteria to grow faster. Which is why the difference between 4 C and 5 C is food preservation and food spoilage.
A 1 degree change is the difference between a compound coming out of solution vs staying devolved, which is why warming oceans cause an increase of dissolved CO2

welcome to Sup Forums

>in ways it always has
But it literally isn't, why do you enjoy lying so much? Do you get off on it?

>No it isn't. The tempurature changes over the span of 100 different degrees, sometimes more, on a yearly basis.
Climate isn't weather. A day being 1C warmer is very different to an entire decade being 1C warmer than normal.

>IYM A SYENTS EGGSPERD ON Sup Forums YOOH GAN DRUST ME

>it was cold outside
>that means the earth was cold
This fucking guy.

Climate change is a natural occurrence (ice ages, etc). Do you truly believe that the same groups who are desperate to start fracking in the middle of New York City will shoot most industries in the knees by announcing climate change if they didn't have an agenda? pfft

That's literally not important. No wildlife on Earth is affected by a one degree change, none. Not even by a 10 degree change.

Death is also a natural occurrence, but that doesn't make murder non-manmade.

guarantee I can accurately predict how many girls you've ever kissed to five decimal places

>0.00000

>gets BTFO
>pretends he was baiting all along

so called climate change will be yet another excuse to bring more africans to europe, they call that "climate refugees" already. And of course it must be because of humans (aka white people), so yet another good reason for the soyboy for self-flagellation.

But those groups deny climate change.

This is the worst analogy I have ever had to endure. Truly. You could have just said "you're wrong. Climate change is man-made." and you would have been more convincing.

>everyone tries to say that humans cause climate change
>every graph starts after the industrial revolution
How about producing a graph that shows millennia of stagnant temperatures with rampant growth starting in the 1800s? Surely this should be easy considering we know so much about how humans are causing global warming.

They don't want the truth about "Climate Change" to get out. It's a hoax.

>Not even by a 10 degree change.
science btfo! upvoted

>1880
>1900
Every time

>No wildlife on Earth is affected by a one degree change, none. Not even by a 10 degree change
Completely and utter bullshit, regardless of climate change. The already warming oceans are causing an increase of carbonic acid due to dissolved CO2 which reduces available calcium to shelled species like coral. Ocean acidification is a real thing, and it's increasing at an immense rate.

He's baiting. He got utterly BTFO and is now forced to act like le cool and detached memer.

If you compare time frames, the current warming trend has had a 14x rate of acceleration following the industrial revolution . So it actually proves us right :^)

>I honestly remember a decade ago the media telling everyone that climate change is not real
Stop lying. Climate change was an accepted thing back in 2007, you underage faggot.

This is simply not factual. Recent research shows that reports of acidification are isolated and not systemic across all ocean habitats.

you are now aware that you are sharing a board RIGHT NOW with people this dumb.

pls tell me more smart science man with your science degree.

And what about that little ice age in the medieval times?
Fucking mills man!

So can I see the data?

Jesus Christ, even the image you posted proves you wrong.

You posted it!

I am not aware of this research, please post an abstract.

Feel free to produce data and peer research supporting your claim that a one degree change will destroy the world. Hint: you can't.

>every graph starts after the industrial revolution
Show data going back thousands of years if you want to prove your point.

not literally you faggot, before An Inconvenient Truth the media always said that climate change was not real

>shifting the goalposts

huh, that was fast. Let's go back to what you first said:
>No wildlife on Earth is affected by a one degree change, none.

And now what you're saying:
>Feel free to produce data and peer research supporting your claim that a one degree change will destroy the world. Hint: you can't.

Feel free to kill yourself, moron. You're literally a waste of oxygen.

not what you originally argued, retard.
>no wildlife is affected by a one degree change, none.
oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/coral_bleach.html
wow, that was hard.

No I didn't. I want to see the data for the thousands of years prior to the industrial revolution. I posted post-industrial revolution data. All the data shows is that temperatures started increasing between the 1920s and 1930s. It offers no explanation. You have no way to know whether or not it's caused by humans without a larger data set.

Oyyyy

Ah, so "Climate Change" isn't a threat. Thanks for clearing that up.

I must admit, I admire that you're doubling down on your idiocy. Most people would by this point have realized that they fucked up and said something indefensibly retarded, and then left the thread in shame, but not you. Bravo, well done!

Are you implying, in the whole of history, there was never a drought before anthropogenic climate change?

D-delete this you climate change denier criminal. We cannot let chin-I mean we cannot humans trashing this beautiful earth no more!

I'm sorry, but I can't admit any admiration for someone who makes baseless claims and demands economically damaging political action in response. It's rather like the people in the early Industrial period who tried to destroy factories so we could go back to agrarian times.

Also give 3 zillion shek--I mean dollars-- for the Paris Climate Accord. The planet needs your money!

>takes less than a hundred years to reach even warmer temperatures than the last """"warm period""""
N-no climate change here!

No, you moron, it is a threat. It won't literally destroy the planet, but it will result in a mass extinction event to rival some of the biggest in our earth's history.

Of course it won't fucking destroy the world, the world is a ball of rock and metal. What it will do is acidify the oceans, killing thousands of species of fish and invertebrates, raise the ocean levels a few feet, wiping out thousands of miles of coastline and the animals and plants living on them, severely increase the rate and power of tropical storms, hurricanes, and typhoons, wiping out even more coastline, cause severe droughts and floods wiping out thousands more species. And that's just the foreseeable future. It's likely that there are as of yet unforeseen consequences of a 1-2 degree global increase of temperature as well.

I know it's hard, but think before you speak.

>posts a graph proving climate change

really tickles my avocados.

>baseless claims
prove it.

>denying climate change and sucking corporate dick is the counterculture
America is a magical place.

>weather patterns change snowfall and precipitation.

...uhhhh

Conservatives love to go against their own interests.

the actual data proves cyclical temperature dips and spikes, and the current spike is coming after a deep dip.

Why don't conservatives care about the environment? Isn't it degenerate to be wasteful and not care about looking after the planet?

>first jump happens in 1700, prior to industrial revolution
Try again.

isn't it beautiful? It's especially ironic that they hate the Jews for controlling business, and blame the Jews for the push for believing in climate change in the media, but then don't make the connection between the oil and gas companies--who are responsible for most of the anti-global warming propaganda they consume--being run primarily by Jews.

They genuinely do not understand that they're pawns. It's cute.