Iron Fist

I'm only through episode 2 but this show is so fucking stupid.

>in a psyc ward
>trying to get out
>knows what lying is
>instead of just saying, "yah i was in the himilayas, then china" or something believeable say "i go to other dimensions and i lived in one of the 7 cities of heaven and i fist my own butt with my iron fist sometimes."
>continually gets dominated by 3 or less fat mental health workers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RxuT77-3o6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It gets better, but the first few episodes are really stupid.

The show is my favorite one overall (Thought Jessica Jones was the worst of the bunch), but the first couple episodes are really weak.

The whole first part was frustrating as fuck. He was constantly being outmatched by random people for no reason. I mean, sure, you can't use your fist because of the drugs, but you're still supposed to be strong enough to handle random big guys.

The rest of the series he starts winning his fights, but he's so bad at fighting that you feel like they're letting him win. WHICH THEY ARE. It's like watching kids play out an already scripted fighting game.

>you're the villain ! you have to die now!"

>It gets better
No it doesn't.

Stop watching OP.

You're watsing your time. There's much better stuff to watch.

>It gets better
But it never gets good.

I just finished ep. 3 and I'm wondering where this series is going? Does it have a goal?

Shoulda' never casted Finn Jones.

Just wait for the awkward Luke Cage and Iron Fist banter with these two emotionless turds. No bromance for you, Sup Forums.

>Jeri believes Danny is who he is within 2 minutes

>Joy and Ward take 2 episodes

They almost casted that drunken fist guy as Danny. He was a stuntman, so he could actually do his own fight scenes. He was half asian, so the sjws would cry less. He actually made it through several rounds of screening for Danny so the casting crew actually thought he was a decent actor. All the other flaws of the series have to do with writing decisions.

That guy wasn't any good either. Better than Jones I guess but still not good.

Danny learned his lesson and pulled out the really personal stuff right away with Jeri.

Ward, Coolen, Gao and Howard were the best characters.

Howard is my fucking role model.

The entire portrayal of that psych ward bothered me. Like, it was some really corny shit, modern psych wards don't function like that at all. It's so incredibly unrealistic, they didn't do the slightest bit of research.

The thing you'll learn throughout the series is Danny is a moron. Like, even worst than Starlord because his priorities are wrong.

>>Fights to take over company.
>>Proceeds to skip all meetings

>>Keeps saying he's the defender of Kun Lun.
>>Never at Kun Lun
>>They tell him he needs to protect Kun Lun
>>SURPRISE! Kun Lun is destroyed!

The worst part about Danny is that he thinks he's smart, and in the end, he's a walking disaster.

Best live-action Norman Osborn we've had so far.

>>you're the villain ! you have to die now!"

More like

>IF I KILL HIM HE WINS AND IM NO BETTER THAN HIM EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NINJAS WHO WILL LITERALLY MURDER PEOPLE FOR THE SLIGHTEST OF REASONS AND HAVE SOME GODDAMN DARK PLANS FOR HUMANITY

I mean at least they aren't evil immortal undead ninjas like DD S2 but come on.

>There's much better stuff to watch.

You know that is not true. If you say there is better stuff to read...ok, but better stuff to watch? Arrow? Flash? Legends? Legion? Constantine? LC? JJ? MCU? synderCU?

It's all shit

See, I thought the same thing, and I thought it was someplace interesting, but the last few episodes are such complete bullshit that I'm soured on the full thing.

Are you ready for different factions of the Hand all named the Hand and all are the same evil group? Well, that's where the show is heading.

>evil immortal undead ninjas like DD S2
You make it sound lot more interesting that it actually was

...yep, I agree.

Even Claire came off as annoying in this series.

Danny was the worst part of this show. They wanted him to look naive but he just came out as a 10 year old retarded kid. Are you telling me the monks in Kun Lun never trained his soul and mind? Are the monks in Kun Lun retarded for giving a clearly disabled person the Iron fucking Fist?

It gets better than any other Netflix Marvel show apart from Daredevil, that's for sure.

The actual twist is he really is crazy and the entire show is in his head.

>The show is my favorite one overall
You have awful taste bro.

It was pretty bad in DD S2, but worst in IF.
>>Driving around in cars
>>Using automatic weapons
>>Most of them aren't even Asian

The Hand just felt so...unorganized in this new show.

>It's a Claire telling everyone killing is evil episode.

They literally said, "if i kill him, i'll be just as bad as he is!" in this series.

>We have trained him wrong on purpose as a joke.

The guy's English accent would have overshadowed his entire performance. Probably why they didn't cast him.

Now that you mention it, it does really strike me as odd that Danny is so immature even though he lived at the monastery. The show feels like BIG, where a kid somehow became an adult and just doesn't understand the world. I mean, fuck, half the time, all Danny does is just charge in like an idiot.

As someone who doesn't like Jessica Jones, this show is by far the worst of the MCU Netflix, mainly because I kept watching thinking it would lead somewhere interesting but it just ended up worse and worse.

That's a fake English accent by the way. Not sure why they did it for the show.

Danny being a hothead has always been part of the character.

>Train the gatekeeper wrong
>Complain that people invaded Kun Lun
Can't wait for S2.

I guess all he did in the monastery was get beaten and watch his friends dad meditating naked.

>Danny why did you abandon your sacred duty as protector of Kun Lun?

>I saw a bird in the sky

He's from Manchester. That's his actual accent.

Someone get this white guy outta here!

His real accent is standard Californian.

youtu.be/RxuT77-3o6s

Well, it's implied that K'un Lun's view on how to fight the Hand has kind of floundered due to the fact of direct conflict.

Davos, the second likeliest candidate for the Iron Fist position didn't know that he he needed to decapitate Bakuto to truly murder him while this is common knowledge among members of the Chaste.

>I saw big black cock flying away.

So basically they've grown lazy as fuck?

By the way is Harold dead for realz? He only fell off the building and you don't actually see his body during the cremation.

I was expecting him to revive at that point and scream as he was being burnt alive. But yeah, he's probably dead.

You really think Ward wouldn't recognize the body he was burning?

Ward and Danny had the good sense to gag him before that.

Yeah, it just felt like this show had no payoff for Danny. He's still a shitty Ironfist and a shitty businessman at the end of the film. Even JJ managed to kill her creepy british stalker after fucking up so many times.

>n
claire is my least favourite character in the netflix-verse
so fucking annoying
'we have to go to china, here is some money claire, lay low'
OH U BETTER BELIEVE IM COMING WITH
then spends the next two episodes whinging about how they brought her to china and that shes sick of being around supers

Ward could've locked Harold up somewhere else for "future use" and burned a double to trick Danny and Horgath, idk.

>tfw we got another based Ward saga

It was the only redeeming part of the show. Just like how it ended up being in AoS.

>it doesn't make sense for a person on fucking dissociatives and powerful anti-psychotics to be unable to fend off multiple strong sober men
Are you retarded or just straight-edge

just edge
homo-edge

>people blaming Jones for the fight choreography
They had literally no time to film this thing, the fights were made up on-set just before shooting

I'm assuming that Defenders will have a significantly higher budget and a much longer schedule, meaning he and the stuntmen will actually have time to learn and practice the choreography before shooting.

It was both sad and hilarious how Harold's constant meddling had obviously stunted Ward's growth as a person.

But then he didn't train for shit and just smoked weed everyday.

>still being so defensive over this shitshow
Pls user

Why hire him then? I don't know but maybe, just maybe, Jones should have learned bloody martial arts before filming started.

That's not his real accent though, In the interview he sounded normal.

Hey fuck you Luke Cage was pretty good.

But yeah Iron Fist as the emotional level of a rock, complete miscast.

>he didn't train
>he should've learned martial arts
wat

Do you 'tards think he's actually fighting? It's fiction. They're basically dancing.

It doesn't matter how good of a martial artist you are if the choreography for the fight you're shooting is made up 30 minutes before filming. Why do you think they didn't just use a stuntman to prevent the kind of taken fence-jumping shit-show they had in one of the first episodes? It wouldn't have mattered if it were Finn or a stuntman because neither had time to learn the dance.

And yes, that's what fight scenes are. A dance.

Game of Thrones hype.

No coincidence that Colleen was also in the show. And Trask, and Jean, and Aquaman in their respective movies.

It's just chasing the hype with no regard to casting, except Colleen.

That was Colleen in the second to last episode.

I also hate how the Hand just became another Hydra. As in one giant bad group instead of multiple bad ones. Like, I thought Gao was her own faction, but nope, Hand.

>people blame finn instead of the director
>people blame finn instead of the choreographer/schedule
poor little white boy

>Like, I thought Gao was her own faction, but nope, Hand.
What? She was very explicitly a separate faction of the Hand who had already enlisted Davos, likely directly from K'un-Lun after attacking and was using him to act against Bakudo even while imprisoned

I think the part that bugs me is that both times the Hand was fought in the Netflix shows, nothing was really accomplished. Only Nobu is DEAD.

The actor was shit, the director was shit, and the choreographer was shit.

We know it's dancing but if he actually learned martial arts and committed himself to the role his fight scenes wouldn't have been so fucking shit. Just a few months of training would have been a lot better than that hot garbage.
Also:
>Hiring a shit dancer who clearly wouldn't practice because he's busy smoking weed everyday.

>We know it's dancing but if he actually learned martial arts and committed himself to the role his fight scenes wouldn't have been so fucking shit.
What part of "the choreography was made up on the spot minutes before filming" is too hard for your lizard brain to comprehend

I don't care how good of a dancer you are or how many styles you've mastered, you can't learn a dance in 30 minutes. Especially not one that involves strict timing on back-and-forths with another person.

>he wouldn't practice
Tell me, how do you practice a dance that doesn't exist yet?

That's kind of a great point. It does feel like a lot of these moves are done purely out of recent successes.

Now I'm flat out confused. I thought Gao said she was part of the hand numerous times, especially when she appears to Harold. See, this is why having separate factions named the Hand is so irritating

Nobu seemed like the leader of the Ninja-Warrior faction of The Hand, equal in status to Gao and Bakuta, so that's something at least.

Unoe, maybe Bakuta's faction is actually considered the real rogue faction of The Hand.

>just a few months of training
He trained for three months though?

>"It was very intense to begin with. When I first moved over to New York, before I started actually filming, I had three weeks of very intense martial arts and weight training preparation. But then unfortunately once the show started, the filming schedule was just so tight -- I was working 14 hours every day, six days a week, days into nights, nights into days -- and actually my schedule didn't allow me to continue the training as much as I really hoped."

She is in the hand, but she heads a different faction from Davos

I doubt any of them are "rogue" factions, they all have the same end goals, just different methods. Calling one or another rogue because of their methods is just a convenient explanation to try to sway Danny.

"But really, I was learning the fight scenes 15 minutes before we actually shot them because the schedule was so tight. So 15 minutes before, the stunt director would talk me through the choreography and I'd just jump straight into it. It really was a baptism of fire and I just learned on the job and I've been doing it for 12 months now. With practice, you just get better and better with dealing with that kind of schedule."

Oh gee I wonder why the fights were shit when they were made up on the spot in 15 minutes

Must be because of that fucking white boy

He sounds like a faggot

>wtf I started three weeks before shooting not my fault, I was super busy when the shoot starts, not my fault
Faggot if you've been given the role of Iron Fist perhaps maybe you might want to get on training so you don't make a fool of yourself.

I guess it doesn't help that you can't easily swap him out with a stuntman when he's not wearing a hoodie or a costume.

DD/Charlie Cox had that crazy good stuntman that does those flippin' spinnin' kicks for real.

>She is in the hand, but she heads a different faction from Davos
See, this is the shit I hate. It's like how Agents of SHIELD had separate SHIELD groups. Give fucking names to different groups because it's flat out baffling!

I swear to God, if the Hand doesn't get destroyed in Defenders, then I'll struggle to find a reason to keep watching.

>I don't care how good of a dancer you are or how many styles you've mastered, you can't learn a dance in 30 minutes.

If you actually danced before, it's possible, just look at Collen. Finn never bothered to train his dance, therefore he wasn't able to pull off the stuff the choreography required. How hard is that for you to understand? If he had at least some basic knowledge he would have been able to improvise and make his movements more natural.

A person that has danced before learns a new styled faster than one who never bothered to learn. You think Wing's actor had more time than Finn? She had experience and she was able to learn her dances in 30 minutes.

An edit of IF that only contains the Ward scenes would be an excellent black comedy.

All he wants is a vacation but everyone else keeps dragging him into all kinds of crazy bullshit involving ancient ninja conspiracies and immortal businessmen.

Then why didn't Jessica Henwick's fight scenes look bad? Her dances didn't exist too and yet her performance was good. Is it because she danced before hmmmmmmm?

>An edit of IF that only contains the Ward scenes would be an excellent black comedy.

And you could totally do that, he's not connected to Danny's plotline for like 90% of the season. It's literally just an entirely different TV show going on.

>"You have to kill him!"
>"No..."
>Please don't say it please don't say it
>"...If we kill him, we're no better than him."

>No don't kill the evil cult leader immortal who wanted to take my blood.

>IF YOU MOW THAT GRASS, YOU'LL BE NO BETTER THEN IT

>IF YOU EAT THAT HAMBURGER, YOU'LL BE NO BETTER THEN IT

Another stupid moment was when Colleen suddenly thinks that she has to kill Harold in place of Danny.

The Danny plotline even felt like a subplot for most of the midhalf of the show.

It doesn't help that Danny's character and motivations are cliché and one-note compared to Ward's.

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with murdering people?

>The Danny plotline even felt like a subplot for most of the midhalf of the show.

It totally is. The closest thing he had to a major villain for the season didn't show up until the last four episodes, along with his frenemy rival who should be the crux of his emotional arc.

Davos should have shown up in like, episode 3. Bokuto should have been a factor the entire fucking season. Instead we gets hours of Danny talking about how he's the sworn enemy of The Hand and instead of doing anything about them we get him trying to get his company back and following Madame Gao's trail of bullshit breadcrumbs to revelations that don't matter.

Iron Fist had some of the worst pacing I've ever seen on a TV show. It seriously gave me last season of Dexter flashbacks, where the entire plot of the back half of the season was Dexter needing to kill one person for no reason at all and he accomplishes it by spending all of his time standing around talking about it instead of just fucking doing it.

Scott Buck is the AIDS of storytelling.

>Ward makes it painfully clear to Joy that he's unhappy with his life at Rand.
>She supports him and tells him that she just wants him to be happy.
>Later on she's the one to suggest he leave Rand because he's clearly not well.
>The board members kick the two of them out of Rand, giving them a massive amount of money as settlement.
>Ward finally gets an easy way out.
>Suddenly Joy can't comprehend that he wants to leave.
>She even goes behind his back and refuses the settlement, preventing him from getting out.
>Then she chastises him, saying she did it for him.

how about you just keep watching and find out.

I didn't like Collen suddendly being "The Hand" after 7 episodes of her doing normal person stuff.

See, this is why the main thrust of the story should have been Danny coming for revenge and realizing it's empty, then getting dragged into further martial arts intrigue.

Y'know. Like in the comics.

Same. Why did she have a poorfag dojo if she was backed by the Hand? If she went through the same recruitment process as her kids, why isn't she as brainwashed as them?

Well, her last major appearance in the comics had her turn out to be the daughter of a Hand leader outta nowhere.

>Colleen's fights were better than Danny's
Opinion discarded
All of the fights in Iron Fist were passable at best

I don't entirely understand why this ended out this unorganised.

The entire benefit of Netflix is that you don't have to work from a week-to-week basis. You get to plan shit out ahead of time. What the fuck was their plan with Iron Fist? It didn't feel like they had any idea what they wanted to do with it.

Say what you will about JJ, LC and DD S2. But at least those had a clear sense of purpose, they just faltered in the execution and had to pad things out.

>actors are in charge of their own training and schedules
oops, you're 12

>only cape shows exist on tv

Dude...DOn't be that kind of nerd.

>I don't entirely understand why this ended out this unorganised.
>what was their plan?
Get this shit out of the way so they can spend all their time and money on Defenders

episode 2
>you thought you were watching Iron Fist
>but it was me, Moon Knight!