I'm really fucking lost with what is currently in continuity and what is not in DC currently as far as Wonder Woman and...

I'm really fucking lost with what is currently in continuity and what is not in DC currently as far as Wonder Woman and Superman go and hopefully I'm not the only one. Can someone explain what's canon and not ?

Is Superdad and Superbro now retconned in-universe as the same person and everyone will recognize Superdad as if he was there from day one ? Will Luthor and Batman still notice the difference between the two ? Is the picture related retconned out ? Were all the characters from the Azz run of WW retconned out or did the gods actually have that fight ? Does Diana still have a twin brother or is she back to her original origins ? Has 52 even happened at this point as far as those two characters go ?

Also what's up with Lobo, I heard the OG one is finally back ?

Hack writing is what it is.

They wanted to compete with DC Cinematic to be worse than them.

>trinity shipping filth
Kill yourself, casual.

>twin brother
Nigga, that "plot point" was dropped like a mafia goon who just got a new pair of concrete shoes. Ain't nobody gives a fuck about that idea.

And seriously, if you're confused about what's happening, you don't belong here. Fuck off and learn to pay attention, you fucking retard.

>normies leave REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Still unknown at this point.

Lois gave birth to Jon literally two days before Darkseids invasion at the start of new 52. Given that that is when Superman and WW met in this continuity, its probably unlikely that they were ever lovers.

OR

There was still "two" Supermen, who were split by the events of Flashpoint/Convergion/Manhatten fuckery and are now merged again. One of these Supermen (Superdad) was banging Lois and chilling on a farm and helping behind the scenes. The other (Superbro) was nailing Wonder Woman.

Superdad and Lois were now ALWAYS the Superman and Lois of this earth. S/WW is mercifully axed from existence.

They will keep the good out of New52 but erase the bad. Like Shitty SM/WW/. That will now never be a thing.

Also save yourself time and stop trying to make sense of comics.

They should have just brought back the post crisis continuity exactly as it was.

Joker tricked Superman into killing Louis, causing him to take over the world. Batman is trying to stop him, and Superman is also banging wonder woman.

>what is cannon

nothing that you read before.

they completely rebooted everything.

shit like this should be forgotten

The SMWW relationship probably going to get retconned out because not even Superbrofags liked it, but I don't know what you're confused when if you would just read the solicits it flat out tells you that the merged Superman history will be explained in the upcoming issue. But just using context clues what likely happens is that most new 52 adventures still happened so characters like Batman won't notice anything but they'll probably undo the in-universe death and mourning stuff.

Wonder Woman's ongoing is handling her own shit. I don't even know what her origin is right now because Rucka was going too slow and it wasn't interesting enough for me. You should probably read that if you care.

I liked some bits, but it was way better than going for lois lane.

I feel like you're in the vast minority there based on how fans and creators treated it, but to each his own.

First one seems more likely and I'd honestly be ok with it.

I hope for your own sake you mean nu52 lois

Fuck no. Lois has literally decades of history between her and Superman/Kal/Clark not to mention more than a decade of her knowing his secret identity and being married to him.

If you read the latest Superwoman, Lana now no longer remembers the New 52 Superman the way it happened. She only remembers the Post Crisis Superman and Lois.

Why can't DC ever help fucking its own continuity?

Man, I hated Lois ever since her first appearance, she was a fucking bitch.

every. single. one.

that is why DC should change things for a bit, thank god in Earth One, there is another girl and not lois.

Thank fuck this ship died. Made Superman a whiny needy bitch during the doomed arc and dragged both the characters down

There is no post-Crisis Superman. And they explicitly said in Superwoman that she would keep some new 52 stuff.

Changing things up is one thing, but SMWW is a terrible ship for many reasons beyond the fact that it's different.

Superman probably dated Wonder Woman in the past before getting together with Lois

Again, Doomed was good if you skipped the SMWW issues. Even turning into a monster can't change his spirit.

like what? I hear people saying it was bad but they never says what was bad.

I feel like you're being disingenuous because people explain literally all the time but the fact that it's literally Superman and Wonder Woman the costumes being shipped is the main issue. If it focused on the contract of Clark and Diana as people maybe it could have worked, but it's clear that everyone who wrote them almost wanted to showcase how bad of a ship it was. Made her into a cold bitch who doesn't understand why he would want to live a normal life and they basically belittled each other at every step. If you like that then I don't know what to tell you.

And both of them to be better than someone's secondary option anyway.

The relationship turned both of them into characters out of a poorly written romance novel for middle aged women. Nothing was organic. It was purely for aesthetic purposes without much thought toward anything lasting or resonating. It frankly didn't do anything for supes and wondy as a whole and didn't turn them into better versions of themselves. It came off as the jock dating the cheerleader where everyone in highschool ships them because they look great together and have the same social status.

she was cold, she was always cold in new 52, what the fuck were you reading? The concept of family only cames after she met Zola and the baby. And it was fine for that.

She also doesnt like to share problems, she was really fierce in that aspect, Clark wasnt like that and they both went by, she helping him and he needing her.

And he loved her like that, he sought to her, Superman n52 was a loner, he wanted to get something that he lost, a Family, and she kinda did it too, in her own way.

Soule, Pak and Tomasi showed that there isnt only one type of love, the family, come here lois one, they showed a type of love that different versions of characters had between them.

>It was purely for aesthetic purposes without much thought toward anything lasting or resonating

what? are you dense? are you blind? If you think that it didnt change both of them, you are dumb as fuck.

>It came off as the jock dating the cheerleader where everyone in highschool ships them because they look great together and have the same social status.

Holy shit, you sure are retarded.

Clark and Diana were not a fucking perfect couple, that is the fucking point of the run: their relationship also does have a secret identity, the world views them as perfect but both of them and the readers knows that they also have problems.

This must be a MUH IDOL SUPERHERO DC thing, because not understanding that are different types of relationship and people is too autistic and retarded to understand.

That's true. The fact that supes and wondy considered each other the second best choice to be with since the people they really wanted were unavailable made them out to be really shitty themselves.

I don't understand how sm/ww shippers found this acceptable when both characters told themselves they were just settling.

> supes and wondy considered each other the second best choice to be with since the people they really wanted were unavailable made them out to be really shitty themselves.

what? Superman always considered diana.

No one wanted sm/ww to be a perfect couple you fucking retard but it was fucking apparent that both of them saw each other as place holders and it made them shitty people. Diana admitted that being with Superman was fucking easy. That's fucking cold and hilarious. She didn't really want to be with superman and she was settling. Same goes for Clark. How does that even make them a good couple?

>superman always considered Diana

Now I know you never read the comics

Goddamn my dude, just read the Superman comic instead of reading about it. It's pretty clear.

Honestly WW was probably his third choice at best. Pak was pushing Clark/Lana pretty hard. If he was single they would have gotten together again in that one arc. Probably DC made him pair her off with Steel to get rid of her.

he wanted to marry her but realized that their jobs would be impossible to do it, this in the annual.

AND AFTER THAT IN ISSUE 25 HE STILL WANTED TO MARRY HER YOU FUCKING IMBECILE.

They worked it out, Clark always loved her more than Diana loved him, she wanted to protect him and he wanted to live with her together. That is not wrong, they do not need to love each other in equal standings, and even if she said that she didnt like him that much, she sure didnt showed, because she was always there for him.

The only point where he saw Lana as a lover, was before his parents died, after that she always was a friend, her perception, not so much. Lois after he got to meet Jonathan, never, as it should be. Diana was always the first for him.

You're delusional. The overwhelming subtext of his new 52 runs were that Lois was still the girl for him. And he definitely still had feelings for Lana.

You can bet for sure they pretty much erased the WW/SM romance from continuity.

But New 52 was hack writing

I think the better question here is why the fuck did Booster Gold freak the fuck out over this happening? Like, what was that all about, they never brought it up again, it sort of was just there

the text overrides the subtext you mong.

Even in the ultra humanite arc he cares for Lana in a friend way, in that he cares for Diana in a amorous way, it was way different in both cases. Lana being the anchor to his humanity but Diana being a port to his non-human self.
Lois is even worse, she fucked him over and over to a point where he did not even wanted to be near her. To a point where not even the friends that helped him was shunned to.

next to this shit? solid golden arc print in hardcover with golden details/10.

Superman Reborn is one of the worst mistakes of Superman history.

The Ultrahumanite arc was after she was paired off already. But they were quite flirty in the underground society one.

And congrats for missing the entire point of Truth that was there in the text (that they loved each other so much and would always make up in the end). She didn't fuck him over by saving his life and even he admitted that to himself during it. They actually ended up closer in the end and would have started a real romantic relationship if not for the death arc coming up next.

they were closer, AS FRIENDS. To think otherwise would be like every single person in the truth arc wanted to have an affair with clark, they were helping him because they were friends, even in the metallo's death, it was not because she was infatuated with him, it was because his actions, his care for everyone. Lois moved on, Clark moved on.

for fucks sake, even jimmy had more chances then her.

This

yeah this is definitely only friendship and not romantic at all, ok

>merged Superman history will be explained in the upcoming issue
Which issue(s)?

Action 977