/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

A better finale edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Darth Maul #2 (March 22)
Rogue One Digital (March 24)
Rebels 3.20/21: "Zero Hour" Parts 1 and 2 (March 25)

>Rebels 3.19: "Twin Suns"
mega.nz/#F!HYliTb7R!d9VQPNttWf3vUDHaXKjNZQ

>Rebels Recon: Twin Suns
youtu.be/8eIZsJsck7A

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D2smg-fUg0U
youtube.com/watch?v=mc-jLWyxZjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is she, /swco/?

The autism is strong with this one

Threadly reminder that Rukh kills Thrawn and Pellaeon.

An unnamed one off species, something Star Wars needs to return to having more of.

Best waifu coming through.

>play KOTOR 1

>the writing and quests are fucking terrible

Im dissapointed, what are some good Star Wars comics I should read to forget this shit?

I AM THE BENDU. I BRING DEATH

And here I thought we would get another weeks worth of Bendu threads.

You disappoint me.

Try Star Wars: Legacy.

Mega when?

Knights of the Old Republic.

The mega for the Tartakovsky series is broken, anyone want to re-up?

Holy shit. This can't be a coincidence.

My uncle from mother's side works at Disney and he says that S4 will bring back Revan.

Phew, Kallus made it out alive. I'm so happy.

Anybody have the picture of Pryce's sad face

>his cute bedraggled beaten face

mega when?

I'm kind of disappointed that the Death Troopers didn't have their garbled voices, though not talking at all wasn't terrible

Not sure if I'm pleased that the bendu predicted Thrawn's death. I was hoping he'd make it onto the big screen in the future. So far Rebels hasn't managed to capture the feeling of awe he inspired in the books.

>Le Japanese man committing kamakazi

Fuck this racist garbage.

We all knew he wouldn't make it very far, considering the novels had him fall short on the verge of victory as well

I thought that was pretty good. I mean it's no S2 finale but still.

The Rebels get their shit kicked in and are basically back to square one, hell, they even lost their fleet captain, Sato along with most of their ships. Additionally Thrawn survived instead of awkwardly being killed off like the main villains of the first two seasons, so we've got more time to play with him. I liked that they did have Bendu's prophecy suddenly create a chink in his armour. Maybe Thrawn can get more obsessed with Force lore or something and the "conqueror who fears his own death" is pretty classic.

RIP Constantine tho. Bendu's freakout was unexpected but kinda cool because it really shows how unaligned he is, fucker torched everyone once he got mad.

Only issues I had are when Thrawn was like "ground assault time" because that seemed dumb, but then Kallus laughed and made the comment that it didn't work for him either and I smirked at that. Also I was expecting Kanan to bite it but that didn't really happen. Another named character dying would have cemented the feeling at the end, I guess.

But yeah wasn't bad at all and it felt like a good payoff for all the chaining this season. No idea what they're gonna do for S4 now tho, seems like Lothal is farther away than ever.

This. Sick as hell today. Need some new SW to eatcb

The novels did give him proper wins though, with a grand plan that he was continually working on and his downfall was brought by his own hubris, which led to a critical error in judgement.

95% of Rebels so far was the rebels always getting away in the nick of time, with Thrawn constantly mumbling "soon, but not yet..." and now in the penultimate episode of the season, he gets simply fucked over by random idiots not following orders and a little juicy deus ex machina in the form of the bendu.

So far, I'm not sure season 4 will deliver an improvement in that regard, based on what I saw so far. That being said, I enjoyed the finale a whole lot, I'm just somewhat let down in certain regards.

Mega WHEN

I AM BECOME BENDU, THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS

>losing two interdictors

THRAWN WHAT ARE YOU DOING

>Another named character dying would have cemented the feeling at the end, I guess.

I was kinda waiting for that, but they didn't do it after all. The sacrifice we got was not all that impactful as far as "on screen presence that will be missed" goes.

>No idea what they're gonna do for S4 now tho, seems like Lothal is farther away than ever.

By my guess, they're ultimately going to retake it or at least they'll blow up the Tie Defender factory there, considering how the factory is located there and they'd need to get rid of it, so it doesn't clash with their absence in the movies.

to be fair he only lost the first because konstantine ignored his orders and got his ship allah admiral ackbar'd by sato

To be fair, first time wasn't his fault.

Will anything ever top the S2 finale?

The amount of hype in that episode was astounding

Unless they bring back another Jedi or Sith from TCW, I doubt it.

When will Death Troopers finally do something cool?

Did Thrawn only do the ground assault because Tarkin asked for prisoners? He should have just blasted them to oblivion without the ground assault otherwise.

>Konstantine gets himself killed and ruins all of Thrawn's plans, which would've worked if Konstantine didn't disobey orders

Konstantine was always a hack. Why was he an admiral

>so it doesn't clash with their absence in the movies
Half the stuff in R1 wasn't in the OT, that doesn't mean the rebels blow up every tank factory or cargo shuttle shipyard.

Yeah, but something as prestigious and overpowered like the Tie Defender would surely be present on the Death Star, if it were available at the time, wouldn't you say?

How much longer until we get a trailer for Season 4?

Healthy suspension of disbelief is mandatory to appreciate Star Wars, honestly.

Why didn't any of the OT fleets have Interdictors in them?

That's how I rationalized it. Beat them down a bit with orbital bombardment, then take them prisoner. Any other explanation would make Thrawn like a fool (even more so than prancing around on the forefront of a battlezone with a lightsaber wielding force user in jumping distance).

They can't retcon everything user

I think it's when they do that celebration thing? Dunno when it is but I remember previous trailers from em.

Celebration most likely

>it's a "Rebels creators hate big ships" episode

>Rebel ships completely unarmed, as is tradition
>Interdictor gravity well is 2km in diameter
>every time a fighter fires at a big ship we see huge explosions, when we finally see a capital ship opening fire it's completely absorbed by shields
>CR-90 doesn't vaporize Imperial ground forces
>that fucking orbital bombardment, lol, a turbolaser bold fired from an ISD landing a meter from Kanan... throws him off his bike
>Interdictor's shields are pierced by fucking BLASTERS

True enough. I still think the factories are going down. Their presence on Lathal of all places is way too convenient as far as story setup goes. It'll probably be the victory the rebels will manage to get at the end of S4, before the advent of the Death Star.

And what about the TIE Interceptor?

They didn't stuff the DS with expensive TIEs because they believed it's untouchable.

Wow it's almost like a WW2 naval battle like what Star Wars' space battles were based on.

even with konstantine's fuckup thrawn still managed to wreck the rebel's shit hard

hell, he had their leadership dead to rights and would have captured and/or killed them right there and then if it wasn't a literal act of god

iirc at some point around/post anh the empire started phasing out dedicated interdictor ships in favour of installing gravity well generators into regular SDs in newcanon

wow, it's almost like WW2 ships had guns!

>Interdictor gravity well is 2km in diameter

That's it? Warfare in Star Wars is strange. Kinda makes you ask how a planetary blockade is possible with 5 Star Destroyers and 2 Interdictors. The uncovered space around the planet is fuckhuge. Just fly to the offside hemisphere and escape from there, preferably not in a single group.

show me those Japanese interdictors so I can compare how they behaved in WW2 compared to this show

No, I'm just guessing based on the fact that destroying one Interdictor, with the second one still there on the other side of a tight formation, allowed Ezra to jump to hyperspace.

Oh well there goes the carrier-fu.

And they didn't really take advantage of the hype in season 3 at all. Maul and dark side Ezra were dropped immediately. At least we got closure for Maul but when they also brought back the Mandalore plot I was certain Sabine would have to defeat Maul to reunite the clans that Maul once seperated.

You think they will dig up the dark side for Ezra in season 4 again? Or bring Vader back? There is nothing hyping me for next season so far.

Did I miss something or did Bo-Katan not appear?

Sabine's dialogue seems like a pretty blatant hint at her return next season.

They stopped the Dark Side Ezra plot pretty much dead in its fucking tracks this season, so I'd be surprised if they revived it for 4
And they won't bring Vader back for fear of making him seem incompetent. You can't dent the credibility of one of cinema's most famous villains for a kids cartoon

Post songs you wish were longer
youtube.com/watch?v=D2smg-fUg0U

>dark side Ezra

That's one of the big letdowns of season 3 for me. At the beginning, they were introducing an Ezra that was veering off the lightside path, yet they did fuckall with the theme during the season. Soon after a short rebellious phase, he reverted to the same happy go lucky Ezra that we knew from seasons 1 and 2, with none of the possible paths explored. Surely some of those droid episodes could have been used for that instead.

Who is the worst Jedi of all time?

Season 4 is honestly mysterious.

Plot points we have:

-Rebels want to retake Lothal or blow up the factory there
-Sabine needs to unite Mandalore
-Thrawn is still after the Rebels but now is worried about his future

Things/Sato that have been concluded/died:

-Maul
-Ahsoka (?)
-Vader (likely)
-Bendu
-Geonosis
-Atollon
-Obi-wan
-Inquisitors
-Kallus (unless he's more than a minor character in S4)
-Sato
-Konstantin

Things/people still in play:

-Kalani
-Sabine's bounty hunter friend (she kinda vanished)
-Hondo
-Cham

There's not a lot left ongoing to flesh out episodic episodes besides the main plot of Lothal and Mandalore.

I think S4 is probably going to be a big shakeup or something, like another new setting, maybe a lot of new characters? Otherwise it'll just be nothing new. Of course it could just be a truncated finale of a few eps to wrap up the Ghost crew's attack on Lothal and end it, because Rebels itself could be ending. But that'd be a rushed finale.

Obi Wan
Name one other Jedi who's gone two for two in cutting Sith in half and still not actually killing them

lol I wrote Sato instead of people who died. RIP jap.

Do you think Rebels will continue on long enough to overlap with the OT, timeline wise?

They want to go past ROTJ, so I'm thinking so.

Probably Kenobi and Yoda. Fucked up big time and learned nothing, had Luke listened to them he would have fucked up too.

I mean, he would have fucked up a few years earlier, God I hate TFA.

>tfw Kalani didn't show up as backup yet
>tfw he might never

>tfw you have no face

This is Vre'modar Wrog'gu'uc, a mandolorian sith from the time of the old republic, he was the apprentice of darth bane, who he killed with force choke
Vre'modar Wrog'gu'uc was responsible for mandolorians winning the mandolorian wars because he united the sith and the mandolorians against the skanah jedi and then he killed yodas master and stole the darksaber from the jedi temple

>mfw user doesn't know what tfw means

oh shit, how the fuck did I fuck up so badly, I revealed my normines, abandon ship!

They said that? Do they want to show the Rebels cast's awesome off-screen adventures, while the movie cast got all the glory? "Hey, here's the scene where Ezra and Kanan also got medals after episode 4, but they were in ceremonial hall B next door!"

Why could it have been his shitty nephew

Tell me more...

>see leaks on youtube
>come here to see if there is a download link already
>see this

fuck you.

Edgy.

Ok it's confirmed, season 2 was just a fluke.

Uh, dude, Rukh and Pellaeon don't exist in Disney Canon.

I hope you are ready for season 4's new Grand Inquisitor /swco/

So you probably don't want to know that Kanan is killed by the new inquisitor, Mara Jade?

>Barriss
>Working for The Empire
This would make no fucking sense, there's no arc to this.

>Maul didn't talk to any Mandalorians besides Sabne
What a wasted opportunity.

Who else wants to see this cameo in Season 4?

youtube.com/watch?v=mc-jLWyxZjI
She doesn't seem like one to go to the Dark Side.

Any takers on what will be the force related storyline of S4? Lothal and the factory in it is mostly the military side of things. Also, will we get the emperor in S4?

Maybe they'll bring in Inquisitors that are better than the ones from season 2.

Fuck off JJ

That would actually be kind of interesting, especially if she turned up as a untrustworthy 'ally' in an episode about recovering battle droids or something

Starting off with the 'Grand' Inquisitor in S1 seems like a blunder. They've already beaten the Big Boss so moving on his mooks seems like a step down.
I get the feeling we might be done with the Inquisitors. The only way to make them interesting again would be to bring in a really interesting chatacter or a fan favourite, like Barriss. And I'm just not sure they'll do that.

You mean aside from being given the choice of joining the inquisitors or dying? She'd easily fall into the propaganda, and Sheev would have an easy time twisting her views to suit his needs.

Obsessive over use of known species is one of the things that strangled the old EU, same with its overuse of known planets. So much shit happened on Tatooine its unbelievable that anyone considered it an out of the way mudball

"I see your defeat, like many arms surrounding you in a cold embrace."

How will this go down? In a book?

K... But back to the subject of races. I reiterate, Fuck off Jar Jar Abrahams

She's too noble by TCW's end to not martyr herself. You don't know her character at all.

This shot is absolute proof that jayjay is spatially retarded

Book is most likely, but that prophecy is so vague it could apply to a lot of things
My first thought is that weird hydra like thing Thrawn paints on the underside of his Star Destroyers, and whether or not those are the "many arms" mentioned. Maybe, like the old canon, Thrawn will be betrayed and killed from within his own fleet, and left to the cold embrace of space?