END 3D ANIMATION CULTURE

How do we bring back traditional animation Sup Forums? Do you think 3D animation could somehow be strawmanned as 'patriarchal' and use PC culture to push 2D back into the market

You are dumb.

No, because classic 2d takes actual talent, which women do not have.

No one in the western industry today knows how to animate properly.

say, what again?

That's not how any of this works, OP.

Lauren Faust will save 2D, believe in My Little Pony: the movie!

this is really well made

indeed

I don't even know what the fuck is going on here, what movie is this btw?

yes it's a movie

Like 99.9% sure it's anime though.

Mitsuo Iso?

If EVERYONE stopped watching CGI movies

Good luck trying to convince normalfags

Personally I think 2D should start being used for animated films aimed at more "older" audiences, IE things like 80s Don Bluth films.

the only animated movies aimed at an older audience allowed are Sausage Party type comedies

They see animation as a thing for manchilds. And according to them manchilds are just the "WEED LMAO" audience.

Nah, Hollywood has decided that audience is for targeting live action reboots at.

I love 2D animation much more than CG too, and also wish we weren't suffering from such a 2D dryspell. But there's nothing inherently wrong with CG. It's just another medium, with examples of good ways it's been put to use and bad ways it's been put to use. If you don't want to support it that's fine, but it doesn't need to die for 2D to make a comeback. Even if the current standard of CG kiddy films fell out of popularity somehow, it might not even help revitalize the production of 2D movies, but could just trigger more "live action" family moves like the upcoming Lion King remake, where the CG is viewed as a special effect rather than an animation technique. Hollywood execs are terrible at interpreting why certain films don't succeed and sometimes have really stupid reactions to movie failures.

The best thing you can do for 2D is pay to watch it legally and do what you can to drum up its popularity and to encourage others to do the same. It's not gone, it's just harder to find. If the inconvenience isn't worth it to you then you'll just have to move on.

cost effectiveness
you need to be able to deliver quality at a reasonable price
and by quality i mean something objective like appealing to a large enough crowd to justify making the movie, not some vague ideal of high art

It's dead Jim

The execs find it too expensive to do great quality 2d animation, so what we get is the cheap tv show animation like Simpsons, Star vs Evil, Steven Universe etc, where the character design is made to be cheaply animated (not to mention stylistically cloned).

Disney will never make another 2d animated feature film, that ought to tell you something.

2D and stop motion are both much cheaper then CGI. It's just that with CG, the turnaround is much faster and it's easier to change things on the fly, so that makes up for the expense.

That's why you hear all these stories about the recent Disney movies having significant story overhauls really late in the game and still putting out a finished product like six to nine months later.

>nothing inherently wrong with CG
if we're talking about non-cel-shaded CG (when it's often indistinguishable from plain 2D animation), there's definitely something wrong: it looks like shit

2D is dead in America,give up this foolishness.

It's dead. Just hope that 3D starts experimenting more with emulating 2D visual styles.

Isn't that Wizards? Anything with such huge reliance on rotoscoping have no right to criticize use of CGI.

Nah, I was just making a point that there are good and good looking CG movies out there.