Damn, Looks like he stepped out of Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends

Thank you BASED Feige and company for no more triangle lenses with silver raised webbing or giant Erik Larson eyes Spidey in ugly purple-ish red. This is the John Romita Sr Spidey and its BADASS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FHF-A-mP4RQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought the Maguire outfit was pretty legit.

It's a shame that the best Spidey costume ever was wasted in ASM2

(I know I'm not the first one to say this, and I most likely won't be the last)

i fucking hated it. its needs the middle circle web between the eyes, too much webbing on the face, the webs are silver and raised, the eyes are triangles and there isn't enough black edge around them.

>Marvel has 3 movies this year that will make over a billion dollars at the box office
How did he do it?

ASM2>SM1>CW>ASM1

Mostly the problem with the new suit is the lighting, it looks CG on some parts or the weblines go missing.

My biggest nitpick though is that he totally needed more red around the crotch area.

Low rent shit.

The black sections are totally unnecessary and throw off the whole look.

It's like the Girlbuster uniforms having added bright orange piping.

Sony gets all the box office money for Homecoming, Marvel only gets all the merch money

So if you want to support Marvel, just skip the movie and buy the merch

He, unlike other producers is a huge fanboy, that gets why other fanboys like things. Go look at what he follows on twitter, its all 70-80s action figure stuff, vintage star wars stuff, and 60s-80s pop culture shit.

He's done interviews where she said he used to browse and comment on places like aintitcool and c.h.u.d. all the time.

Romita sr and that whole 70's/post Ditko Spider-man style is so dull. Ditko drew a weird, gesturing, uniquely Ditko character. Romita just took some stock Tarzan swinging poses and did that.

yeah, the weblines should be black but everything else is spot on.

Well, Marvel lost my 2 young sons. They loved Garfields Spidey. They have zero interest in Disney-Spidey. Yes he looks like 70s Spidey but that isnt a good look today. Garfieldwas built like Spidey has been built ever since Todd mcfarlane drew him. my kids eat up these movies but refuse to even think about this reboot.
as for me, I hate Tom Hollands Peter Parker. He looks and acts like a Disney tv show actor. His face has no acting elasticity at all. Just like a Disney tv cast. Plus, his Spidey looks like a 200 pound man but he has a nu-male body as Peter. His Spidey looks like Lobby Boy-Flash is under the suit. And every scene in CW just looked cheap. And more than anything else else I hate Hollands voice as Spidey.

Idk...I think this will be the end of the franchise for 10 years. It really doesnt look good at all.

say what?

>his Spidey looks like a 200 pound man

Because a stuntman did all his scenes in Civil War except when unmasked

The suit was entirely CGI too so the cast only saw it at the premiere

Marvel is using way too much cgi on this kid. Look at his feet. not even Playboy airbrushes that much.

>I think this will be the end of the franchise for 10 years

For you, ahahhahaha.

He looks like a 200 lbs man sticking to that billboard too, though.

enjoy your JL trailer

im sure they would absolutely hate the movie if they were forced to watch it, because children do have god-tier taste when it comes to media, amirite?

more like YOU hate the new spidey and they were mad they changed actors. so they wont give it a chance, because they are dumb little kids, and you wont convince them otherwise. and when they make a good 10+ year saga with this spider-man, they will be pissed at you for not getting to see it as kids when they finally do watch one.

Maybe theres a new generation of fans raised with fantastic, modern cgi/smart tech and they will go gaga over a retro 70s look. But I doubt it. The 70s were universally bland except disco. They shouldve stuck with Garfield or gotten another actor as lanky as him. this 70s look sucked on Electric company in the 70s and it sucks now.

They should just have made Tobey Spidey a retired hero with a daughter or two.

Or, they have outgrown Disney tv-tier products? That happens you know? Marvel is aiming this show below their age and interest level. they are just 12 and 14. I think Marvel is aiming at 8 year olds this time.

I see why you enjoy it.

I feel like I'm the only person in this whole fandom that thinks all Spider-Man costumes are the same in all these films.

Like, I don't see how black arm bands are that big of a crime.

The way people are defending this movie before they ever see it is so funny to me. The only things you have to go by are the CW scenes and you have to admit those were groan-worthy. The peter scenes were especially bad and every time spidey spoke i wanted to throw my soda at the screen. his voice is terrible. his Peter parker is terrible. The reason you get so much rdjr is because marvel wants to hide hollands many flaws as much as possible. i dont think he can carry an entire film. i think this will be like fant4stic. that bad. that awful.

His feet look drawn. why is marvel drawing his feet like that? you dont think he looks totally drawn from the knees down? just look at the pic.

I don't care enough to nitpick the differences between the SM and TASM2 suits vs comics.

But TASM1 and MCU are clearly just different for the sake of being different.

MCU has all the black stuff on top of the normal suit so it feels weird and tacked-on.

TASM1 felt like a more complete revamp that fiddled with more details needlessly, like having a belt line from the back but not at front, and the overdesigned red-blue gloves.

>But TASM1 and MCU are clearly just different for the sake of being different.
IT'S ALMOST LIKE IT'S A JUSTIFICATION TO SELL MORE TOYS!

>>Why are people excited for something I don't like?
It's almost as if everyone else has different opinions and you're trying to force yours as law.

Because Marvel Studios hasnt made a truly godawful superhero film like Warners, Fox, or Sony yet and they probably never will. They'll continue to make 60% meh films, 20% good films, and 20% great/classic films. Whereas you never know what you'll get with any of the others, you may get a total shit or a masterpiece but you will barely ever get a safe meh film. a safe meh film is always better than a shit film.

No, Im not. Youre just used to being bullied and you see bullies everywhere.

>more like YOU hate the new spidey

Kids don't like sudden change, back in the day I remember hating when they changed the Save by the Bell cast and I couldn't enjoy the show anymore

GotG and Ant-Man were pretty bad. most MCU films are decent to good but those two stunk. I still have to see Dr Strange. I havent yet because I think Cumberbatch is the most boring actor of the 21st Century. but I will eventually watch it. hopefully they didnt butcher it with constant silliness.

>Because Marvel Studios hasnt made a truly godawful superhero film like

Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Avengers 1
Avengers 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Dr. Strange

wew marvel shills

Yeah but perversely, I find DCEU and Fox films more exciting to wait for because I don't know what I'm going to get

Now is not the time for fear, that comes later

Now that's just sad, you can't even write an argument, so you resort to cheap insults.

Both Thors. Lets fix that post.

That wasnt cheap. That was clever. besides, what was the argument? Different opinions dont equal an argument. He tried to say I was trying to force him to agree with me. I said no, he just thinks hes always being bullied because hes always being bullied. that wasnt arguing. that was correcting.

Actually Holland did most of the stunt scenes.
And there was an actual suit, but they overlaid it with a CG model instead.

Legit question, how many billion dollar movies will Disney have this year?

Beauty & the Beast
GotG2
Episode 8
Cars 3
Pirates 5

Coco and Thor 3 have an outside shot but I don't think they'd hit a billion. Are there any more live action adaptations hitting this year?

not to mention whatever they release on DVD.

This.

>Thor 3 getting a billion when JL and SW8 release the following weeks

>Feige
>Based
Fuck off

lol kids hate change and see anything new as 'not the original' or see it as a replacement or whatever. I was 14 when ASM1 came out and all my friends and I plus all the other kids I knew were adverse as fuck towards Garfield because he wasn't 'the real Spidey' or they were wondering where Tobey Maguire was at because it was released so soon after the original ones.

Jesus fucking christ that costume is perfect. It's fucking beautiful mang! None of ASM's cheap looking material and gritty realism, just bold and bright primary colours and comic optimism. The expressive camera lens eyes alone are genius and the full package is even better. I can't believe I'm actually excited.

>I think the McFarlane X-BOX EYES Spider-man it the best costume

I hate millenials

you are truly a fucking moron if you thought GotG was bad. sorry, but its true.

MUH STARLORD BREAKDANCING RUINED THE MOVIE!!! Like seriously, fuck off.

>The only things you have to go by are the CW scenes and you have to admit those were groan-worthy. The peter scenes were especially bad and every time spidey spoke i wanted to throw my soda at the screen. his voice is terrible. his Peter parker is terrible.

Eternally asshurt DC fans posting always makes me giggle.

The random black patches and arbitrary lines in the blue ruin it. I can accept the little utility belt things and maybe the web-shooters outside the costume, but the bands around the shoulders and boots are totally unnecessary.

>the bands around the shoulders and boots are totally unnecessary.

The bands on the shoulders visually seperate the shoulder from the arm, which defines the shoulder, sort you dont have to resort to the fake airbrushed muscles shit DC is still doing in their costume design.

>The only things you have to go by are the CW scenes and you have to admit those were groan-worthy.

They were great. Spidey actually played by someone that looks like a high school kid and not an out of place adult going full GREETINGS FELLOW CHILDREN. Quips were delivered in both high quality AND quantity. There were more jokes in his brief screen time than in both ASM movies put together.

>i think this will be like fant4stic. that bad. that awful.

Then you're a hysterical retard with no capacity to appraise films. Funny how you begin by complaining that people are "defending" it based on nothing (all they've expressed is optimism you autist) before going on to write it off based on nothing.

Wasn't a problem with TASM2.

spider-man was in high school for like the first 30 issues and it drives me kinda crazy that every movie is going to have some kid playing him.

All the movies on your list are okay to decent except for Age of Ultron. That movie is fucking awful. Worst of the MCU so far imo. Fuck all the people who say Ant-Man is. I loved Ant-Man.

This is the first time he's actually looked like a kid though. I prefer married Pete myself, but it's more the inauthentic casting that takes me out of the movie.

TASM2's problem was looking like cosplay.

>This is the John Romita Sr Spidey and its BADASS.

I don't remember Romita Spidey having tacticool black lines all over his suit.

Is that the new PS4 game?

Personally, I was always more of a fan of the McFarlane/Bagley-style giant eyepieces than I was of the classic Ditko/Romita-style eyepieces.

That said, I loved how Marvel made the small eyepieces work in Civil War, and look forward to seeing them in Homecoming. I especially like that Marvel justified their existence as keeping Peter's superhuman vision focused when it otherwise could have overwhelmed him.

That doesn't look anything like Amazing Friends Spidey. What you posted looks like what my dog shits out behind the tree. Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends actually looked good.

>Looks like he stepped out of Spider-Man & His Amazing Friend
All that came to mind was this ancient piece of youtube pre-historia.

youtube.com/watch?v=FHF-A-mP4RQ

While these posters are pretty weak, the suit looks good from what I've seen in the movies. I appreciate he doesn't have random armor plating like DC did with Flash. All these posters would be better if they played around with how he was hanging. The laying down poster would have been better if he was upside down or on the side of a poster listening to music.

what a fucking shame. last 2 suits were great and felt real. but the cgi is way too obvious with holland.

How the fuck does Spidey "swing" from Queens to Manhattan? The buildings here in Queens are like 4 stories tall max. The only big building we got is pic related.

A lot of these films are taking inspiration from the Ultimate Spider-man series, an alternate reality where Peter is 15 and is still in high school. It was pretty succesfull so I'm not surprise they're using it as inspiration.

Honestly unsure.
I usually assumed he did most of his superhero after school. His school is supposed to be in midtown. It would be idiotic for him go to Queens in full costume anyway. Too many people would notice that shit.

This. I think Ultimate Spidey is an easy transition to film. I'd like for each movie to get more series as it goes on but I know they won't do that. Especially with that stupid shit with Venom getting his own movie with no connections to Homecoming.

>That was clever
>Youre just used to being bullied and you see bullies everywhere.
Real clever

To be fair, wasn't he a rushed edition to the movie?

The same way Batman and Robin did it.

By attaching the end of their lines to clouds.

Do not question silver age logic.

I just hope they remove the stupid black lines on his arms legs and belt in the sequel, no reason to change a perfect costume

Doubt it, the outfit is probably going to look even more intricate and tech based in the sequels.

Honestly a fair argument. I bet he hitches rides on trucks and shit

I'm honestly wondering if Peter ditches the suit during the final fight. I'd like to see Peter get pissed off at Tony for trying to caudal him

Ant Man was great. I thought all of those movies were good except Iron Man 3 which I disliked, AoU which I didn't like, and Thor 2 which I didn't see.

they accentuate the parts of the costume which in a comic would be defined by the black line art of the musculature. See the areas on his ribs? The quadriceps? And the large black ones under his shoulders are to give them prominence and make them bold

just like how Cap's ab stripes are given bumps to emulate the shape his tights would deform over his abs in the comics.

It's confirmed that in the final battle he faces Vulture and Shocker in his shitty homemade suit.

what're you? a cold war kid, you faggot?

Holland is fucking cute!

>HEY GUYS DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THAT OLD MOVIE THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
That was tone deaf as shit and you know it.

A good chunk of the greatest music of all time is came from the 70's besides disco.

Good. As long as Tony doesn't save the day this is good.

besides that those are just plain awful films so don't act like people just hated them because they were different

yeah i'll bet your soda would have caused a tsunami in the theater and killed the entire audience so i'm glad you refrained you fat fuck

this picture is making me furious

>tfw I know the spot Spiderman is at in that poster

There are no tall buildings around there so I don't know why he's getting ready to swing. Overall Queens has very few tall buildings that Spidey could swing off of.

I dunno but the fact that you even mentioned DC when he didn't just tells me you are the one that got butthurt and triggered way too hard

It is a bit silly to just to that conclusion... but to be fair a lot of Marvel threads are filled with douchey DC fanboys. Just like how all the shitty Marvel fanboys invade DC threads.

>Pirates 5
>billions
I un-ironically love the Pirates movies, but I'd call that a stretch.

I wouldn't Disney is a box office behemoth I honestly doubt any of their movies this year will come in below a billion

maybe Born in China

> Ywn see Spidey team up with Iceman and Firestar.

;_;

Not billions, just 1.

It might not but it wouldn't be a surprise.

>all those pointless lines
did Kris Anka design it?

>literally said "you have to agree that [opinion]"

Is there any word at all on the animated movie?
Hope Genndy works on it

>Ugly unrealistic round head
>Incredibly large round eyes
>Shitty TASM spider logo

Kill yourself Sony shill