Can someone explain this tomb scene to me? What was the significance of the firefly...

Can someone explain this tomb scene to me? What was the significance of the firefly, and why did it make Jack so nervous? And how did they find him? And why couldn't jack just kill the firefly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOKhQ8ObQ7E
youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-OkmqIHtc
youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg
youtube.com/watch?v=dLWe2Q1IwVU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it shows a part of Jack's personality that he'd rather the glow of a firefly to give away his position, than just kill the firefly

>What was the significance of the firefly, and why did it make Jack so nervous?

Because it was inside of a tomb and making noises. How else could it have gotten into a sealed tomb if not slipping in when Jack went inside?

>And how did they find him?

They followed the noise.

>And why couldn't jack just kill the firefly?

If it was making sounds and then suddenly stopped, they'd notice it. He was gambling on them not realizing what the sound meant and he lost.

I'm guessing it was some artsy bullshit about the firefly representing light and how as it got dimmer darkness was getting closer.

That or jack is afraid of the dark.

I think it was the fact that the firefly started to stop glowing once it sensed the approach of the sisters. As they got closer the light emitted began to dim, obviously it made him tense as all Hell.

It was part of Jack's way of not killing living things even if the firefly could give away his position.

I love that no-one has the same answer.

When many people look at art you get different reactions.

Yeah, but this guy nailed it, though

The firfly represents Jack's honorable samurai virginity Wich is at risk of the seven evil women chasing him
Without his virginity jack wouldn't have the drive to defeat aku, it's the Japanese way

i believe when someone gets too close to a firefly the light goes dim or some shit

There was a million of those little shits flying above them though I think it would be a little difficult even for them to focus solely on one bug

>scene is an homage to the good bad and the ugly
>beginning of the song during the scene starts similarly to "Ecstasy of Gold"
>Only for a few chords but still noticeable
youtube.com/watch?v=NOKhQ8ObQ7E

For comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-OkmqIHtc

well his dad wasn't a virgin when he defeated Aku

youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg

youtube.com/watch?v=dLWe2Q1IwVU

>What was the significance of the firefly, and why did it make Jack so nervous?
Don't the Japanese believe that fireflies carry the souls of, like, dead warriors, and he's inside a tomb? Wouldn't that mean he feels tormented by the dead?

EVERYONE CALM DOWN, I GOT THIS.

The firefly wouldn't have gotten into the coffin by itself and the faint glow could be seen though the cracks letting the sisters know this one had been opened. Also couldn't swat it cause moving would have raddled his armor and made noise

there was that part with the kids too.

Barely at all

that's why Aku came back

Wrong.

This works for me, good job man.

I thought the same thing, I'm glad some one else heard it to.

this. Although I honestly thought he would be in another tomb, because "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

as The Good, the Bad and the Ugly goes rich faggot die and left all his fortune in a hidden place, only the good knows it. Turns out it's a big ass cemitery, the Ugly find out which one and has something to do with the tomb of Arch Stanton. Turns out it was actually in a nameless tomb next to the tomb of Arch Stanton.

this was stated in pretty much every thread that discussed the episode. They even posted the scene with the actual Ecstasy of Gold as soundtrack.

Do you think they found Jack because he fucking reeks?

Do fireflies go out if you get close to them? Is it some kind of defense mechanism to hide from predators?

Chances are it was already smelling pretty bad with all the dead bodies around and what not.

They would far past the stage of being odorous