Why don't they call Jean "Marvel Girl" anymore?

why don't they call Jean "Marvel Girl" anymore?

It never really made sense, and eventually they had Mar-vell so who cares.

You can't just assume xer'z gender identity

It was a shitty title. Phoenix is a good one

Marvel Girl was an alias back when the X-Men kept their identity a secret while acting as X-Men. Jean Grey revealed her powers to the world and didn't need a hero name any more

A lot of X-women tend to stop using codenames and default to their real names.

Emma, Kitty, Jean, Rachel, Jubilee, Hope, Dani, Monet,

Rogue is kind of the opposite in how she only ever had the codename and didn't get a real name for decades

i always thought jeans super hero name was Jean

they still call her Marvel Girl, Marvel around the time of Trial of Jean Grey was going to give her a new codename but never got around to it.

might as well post the rest of the Campbell variants

>wear heels
>still drawn standing on her toes

lmao

not to be outdone here's X-Men Gold.

how Marvel doesn't use and thinks anything looks better than the classic logo is beyond me

poor rachel

It's really one of the best logos in comics and I don't know why they don't use it all the time.

Come on Nightcrawler has had different costumes before. Did the artist really not do any research?

>That classic cast box
Why doesn't every team comic use those?

It's time for variant madness

They're changing it to Shazam Girl.

I know they want to stay with 616 costumes. But if your going to highlight yellow on past costumes, why leave out Kurt? Just bring in his Ult. get up to match the rest of the variant cover. It's only a variant, not like they'll be using the costumes in the book.

they're era specific, in the 80's 70's and now Kurt's wearing his original costume.

Has Jean ever had an iconic costume?

Magnetic enema?

Phoenix costume and the 90s costume are the most notable

blue's hip hop cover

>Not recognizing the classic X-Men #25

Gold's hip hop cover

Magnetic enema?

Gold's Skottie Young Cover

I want to like the X-Men again.
Can you suggest me a good contemporary X-title?

I wish I was dead

Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is as close as it gets to contemporary it's mostly self contained but still deals with the fallout of Morrison's run and some 90's loose threads

The coloring in this one really highlights how fetishy Rachel's outfit is.

by now most of you have noticed a theme with these covers being mostly horrible, it's just an indictment on Marvel's artistic talent in 2017.

The colored version is garbage, who wants to pay marked up variant prices for this?

Damn, Jean used to be fucking sexy. No wonder why Charles wanted to get inside her mind.

How do we went from this to this ?

everyone's least favorite type of Marvel variant returns. recolored old art by superstars than no longer work there.

this one is by Jack Kirby.

Neil Adams

>Pushing teen Jean

Jim Lee, this was originally a 2 page pin up in X-Men #1E

Are these going to actually be good?

sketch version

nope sorry

I coundn't find a decent size image of this one, but it's also from 1991's X-Men #1.

Because showing the female form is haram.

what in hell

Question, does she want to get sexually assaulted? Because that is what is going to happen dressed like that,

yikes dude, it's just a miniskirt.

do all these variants make money?

she wears spats underneath like cheerleaders

She is Jean "Too sexy for a codename" Grey

That was Jubilee's answer

yeah they're turning the corner art into a full blown cover

why did they surround jubliee with nu-mutants?

Well at least Scott doesn't look like a fucking skinny fourteen year old anymore.

and last but not least, where would we be without the ultra rare Deadpool cover.

retailers have to order 250% of their IVX#2 order to be able to order this beauty.

Because the colorist turned writer on the book decided she wanted to write about the mutant breakfast club

What's 250% of 0?

Jean? Team leader? Oh WTF.

>Supersonic jets slow

If that's the case, then how did you get to Texas so quickly, Bobby?

>x-men 25 is classic now
you sure know how to make a guy feel old

the Campbell ones are, they're retailer exclusive and are going for $200 for the set of 3.

the others are tied with sales threshold to other books, the hip hops you can order freely but the others are tied to a overage of how many issues of IVX you buy.

we haven't seen the other big retailer's covers yet they tend to get the best ones nowadays.

Anyone who tries will just end up being mind whammied into being gay.

Wow user you're so edgy.

So for the campbell ones you cant just walk in to your lcs and get them?

Marvel Girl is the worst Marvel code name of the Silver Age.

I think Stan must have just wanted to use the name somewhere and randomly assigned it to Jean. Sort of like in the '70s he told the editors to create a Spider-Woman character just to make sure no one else could take the name.

So why is Jean in charge? Wouldn't Hank make more sense?

Hank was in charge until Jean threatened to make him gay

>Beast is a mystic
>Jean is team leader
>angel has wings of fire

Anyone have the cliffnotes version of what the fuck is going on here

>The O5 have been ruined by the 2010s
News at 11

Ebay or Campbell's online store.

can you paint narrower strokes
why has the team scientist eschewed science

I get it! Because he's gay!

The boys are hot! Jeans hair sucks

Best team
Best era

Wish the cover had a good artist

Beast goes back in time to ancient Egypt with magic, later teams up with Dr Strange begins to dig magic.

Angel gets wings from some space deus ex called the Black Vortex.

Why are they still here? I feel like it would be easier to just get rid of them than keeping them around

In an effort to not fuck up like they think their future selves did they're trying to be as different as possible to them.

Beasts pursuit of science turned him blue and furry so young beast is turning to magic

Jeans Phoenix powers make her turn evil and die so she's staying away from fire powers and is focusing on mind reading and pink psionic things

Cyclops is hanging out with the champions and with space people and is not being a leader or pursuing Jean romantically.

Angel saw that his wings get torn out and replaced with metallic ones so at his first opportunity he cosmically powered himself up irreversibly and got fire wings (and other vaguely defined powers) as a result.

Iceman is just not suppressing his gayness.

Beast couldn't catch up with modern technology and science. It was too advanced for him all at once, and he needed to find a solution to send the O5 back to the past where they belong as soon as possible since the Time Cube that adult Beast used to bring them back wouldn't let them go back anymore. (I'm not sure why they just didn't ask Magik but whatev)
So he started looking into mystical solutions like said. He and Evan got sent back to the ancient past and he picked up a mystical artifact and started learning magic.

Warren found out that his future self had become Archangel and Apocalyse and then a dumbass braindead hippy. So in order to avoid this fate he used a an ancient space mirror macguffin called the Black Vortex to gain phenomenal cosmic power in the form of Cosmic Fire wings, the furthest thing possible from Archangel's metal wings.

Jean is leader because when Kitty Pryde was their teacher she chose her to be the leader of the O5 instead of Cyclops. This was when Bendis was writing. Of course then Jean quit to go to college, and then she joined Storm's main team and let the O5 travel the country in the VW bus without her. But she came back and is automatically leader again.

Also Iceman is gay because Jean has no concern for violating other people's most private thoughts, realized that he had gay thoughts and forced him to come out. He now has an Inhuman boyfriend

>Beasts pursuit of science turned him blue and furry so young beast is turning to magic
Which is funny because his magic temporarily did the same thing

this thread

Order's flipped. Beast teamed up with Strange before going back to the past. The mcguffin that Strange let him keep was what helped take him there.

More important question is why doesn't she wear sexy short skirts like that anymore?

She is dressed like a fucking whore, I'm tired of this shit in comics.

We live in the wrong time line.

Plus side DC is including the silver age X-men crossover in their upcoming Wildcats omnibus it's like 45 pages of miniskirt Jean drawn by Jim Lee.

Well, you're in luck then, user. She hasn't worn that outfit since 1980. You're sick of something that hasn't happened probably since a little while before you were born.

Based

Yeah Jean has a crappy code name. Even the 90's FOX cartoon only mentioned her name. What could go well with someone with Telekinesis and Telepathy?

You can always go with bad wordplay like Psylocke.

Or maybe Psi Girl would do.

I guess Psyche could work.

>she's staying away from fire powers
That's not how phoenix works. Those "flames" are just psychic energy.

>O5 is still here
God fucking dammit. They aren't serving a purpose and they could literally break time if one of them fucks up and dies. Hell, the guy they were here to "show the error of his ways" is dead, they should be gone. Fuck, Beast is dead too and so is Jean. Send them the fuck home.

don't give "thicc" girls any more ideas!

Because I'll arrest you.

He said Good though.

Whedon's X-Men had some of the worst villains in franchise history.

Are we SURE Angel isn't the gay one?

The likelihood of it being older now than Giant Size was when you started reading is pretty high, if you actually remember it coming out.