How do you make 2 billion at the BO and still leave zero lasting impact on popular culture?

How do you make 2 billion at the BO and still leave zero lasting impact on popular culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x3kidzx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd ask if anybody here has kids, but that'd be kinda pointless

Who knows?

avatar defintely left an impact.

i wouldn't say it's influenced movies significantly after but people still talk about it.

if anything though, it completely killed off 3D.

Wrong. Avatar started the 3D gimmick that turned films to shit for almost 5 years. Fuck Cameron. Nobody cares about the actual movie.

Ask James Cameron

>what is Reyday

This. I don't know why anybody would think Avatar killed off 3D when the film was such a success due to 3D surcharges that it started the trend we're still in 10 years later.

As for OPs question, I think on the list of the top 20 highest grossing films Return of The King is the only one that's not shit.

What IS reyday?

QUOD JUMPAH

this

Adjusted for inflation, pre-2010 films were actually huge cultural moments. It used to mean a film that impacted culture in a significant way. Now it just means Disney found way to sell film like McDonald's sell Big Macs. Not adjusted for inflation you're right.

>i wouldn't say it's influenced movies significantly after but people still talk about it.

The only times I hear people talk about Avatar is when they talk about how overrated of a movie it is.

It was Pocahontas with blue 3D people there's nothing to even talk about.

>zero lasting impact

as a non mutt I can assure the majority of the world thinks murrika went apeshit crazy with the sjw bullshit pandering

Muesli bar sales make billions each year and leave no cultural impact. The new Star Wars films are just products. To be consumed and forgotten about.

>people still talk about it.

people talk about it when it comes to movies that left no lasting impression.

Nobody ever references this or does parodies of characters or quotes lines, its completely forgettable.

And yes the two new star wars movies are the same.

Star Wars started the revolution of female and minority leads after Hollywood tried for decades to only push straight white males claiming otherwise movies won't sell.

Most can't even name two characters from it, heck I can't name one without googling it

Or one line

Or remember the theme

Or remember vast parts of it

>Will Smith was the worlds biggest box office star for like a full decade
>"TFA started the revolution of female and minority leads..."

Star Wars would make money if it starred fucking William Hung.

>Rey is the first female led movie that isn't a romance
>1979 Alien, Ripley female hero
>1984 Terminator, Sarah Connor female hero

The main character in Terminator is the Terminator

>rey day
What?

you are like a bay bee

I liked the general dude and his line about "how does it feel to betray your own race" but I didnt like that he was killed off immediately afterward as if he was some sort of bad guy. ruined the film for me.

He's the villain for the next 4/5 sequels.

4:22 and 14:30
dailymotion.com/video/x3kidzx

What's up with all the white women dating niggers? That's an impact.

Not to mention most of the MCs in horror films are female.