Well Sup Forums why was The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes so fucking good?

Well Sup Forums why was The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes so fucking good?

The people working on it actually gave a fuck, and didn't focus on movie synergy.

because loeb didn't ruin it until halfway through season 2

The people behind it were real Avengers fans and not just jumping on the movie bandwagon.Well, outside of Ironman, but outside of that, it was great.

This. It loved the lore, not the films.

THIS

EMH was Marvel's answer to the Timm-Dini animations. The staff did something that the comic writers and editors could never do: Make Hank Pym AND Janet van Dyne into likable and awesome heroes.

And I really loved how they retained Hulk's cognizance instead of a mindless brute. His snarkyness and bro moments with Hawkeye made this awesome.

Not to mention everyone had a chance to shine. It gave equal merit to each member. I fucking loved how they depicted T'Challa and how cool they made Carol.

It's amazing how the quality drop wasn't overtime when Loeb came around. It fucking plummeted overnight

Just because Janet was least bad in this incarnation doesn't make her good

I appreciated how this show acknowledged that the X-Men and FF exist, though

Because Chris Yost is a mighty man of Merry Marvel ever since X-Men Evolution, and also gave us:
>Wolverine & The X-Men
>Hulk vs Wolverine
>Hulk vs Thor
>Next Avengers
And I assume he was responsible for the only bearable moments of Thor The Dark World too.

Oh, he also did that Tales of Asgard movie. I'm surprised that hasn't taken off more here or on tumblr, "cute teenage fuckboi Thor and Loki on buddy adventure" seems like it'd have a huge cult following.

This was the best version of Janet next to Marvel Adventures Wasp.

>I appreciated how this show acknowledged that the X-Men and FF exist, though
Same here. I almost choked on my burger when Wolverine sniktd that raptor.

Also loved how Doom solo'd the Avengers and already figured out what the Skrulls were up to long before anyone else.

Hell, he even did the Fantastic 4 cartoon that wasn't bad. And the X-Force comic was great too.

Yost and Craig don't get enough love here

>Not to mention everyone had a chance to shine
Personally, I prefer when every member on the team has their own dynamic and everyone gets their share in the snark/spotlight. Hawkeye gets made fun of a lot in the show but he also has a few moments where he completely steals the scene. Catching his Skrull's arrow shot and throwing it back? Fucking perfect. It's what I find is missing from the MCU Avengers. Nobody fucking makes fun of Widow and Hawkeye doesn't get enough time to shine on his own. Most of MCU Hawkeye's shining is off to the side. It doesn't feel like an equal team in the movies whereas EMH had the best dynamic.

Yup. It's why I'm pissed that we didn't get Season 3. We were going to have Surtur and other magic-based threats.

MCU Hawkeye is pretty based despite his limited screentime. He knows he's a normal guy hanging with heavy-hitters yet he gets the job done and has a qt wife and kids to go back to. MCU Clint is the luckiest guy in the entire franchise because after saving the world, he has a family and comfy home to go back to. I'd gladly be Clint over a billionaire genius suffering from PTSD and other mental issues, a eugenics model out of his time, or an Asgardian god whose trying to man up from his prior assholery.

MCU Widow knows she's damaged goods due to her Soviet training. She and Steve have good chemistry as colleagues and buddies.

>MCU Widow knows she's damaged goods due to her Soviet training
Sterilization is no joke.

It's not just that. She clearly has mental scars from all those years as a Soviet operative. She is so far removed from normality that you wonder if she'll ever have a happy ending.

>character throws shield/hammer/beam REALLY hard in the last 60 seconds
fuck season 2 so much

>That part in the Captain America episode where Wolverine shows up as a part of the Howling Commandos
This show was the fucking shit.

>She is so far removed from normality that you wonder if she'll ever have a happy ending.
Honestly, the only way I see a Black Widow movie working is if the Russos do it. The characterization and dynamic they gave her with Clint and Steve in CW and WS was pretty dope. It kept her from just being "the girl", like she was in Age of Ultron.

Yup. The show was made with a "what if we do this?" or "we could use this story/character!"

The movie synergy means "do this, do that, do it.....DO IT"

Less freedom, less creativity, less inspiration, more obligation.

A Widow film would have to emulate La Femme Nikita and noir elements to create a perfect series.

Honestly, I think taking her in a Logan/Deadpool route would be really beneficial. Smaller budget, way low stakes. Like, instead of the world being in jeopardy, it's just a routine mission for her and Clint, and we get some flashbacks to her time in the Red Room to flesh out her character.

Give her a little arc about coming to terms with her past and you've got a nice little character study with a lot of potential for critical acclaim and a very low chance of financial risk.

Once Infinity War is over and done with, I really hope Marvel tries doing more small, intimate films that focus moreso on the characters, rather than what villain they're fighting this time.

Because it wasn't but Marveldrones have been desperate for a half-decent show since that one Spiderman bit.

3/10, made me reply

The best part is, it's not even bait, but calling it such is the only defense you can muster.

>Yost and Craig don't get enough love here
Yosts Scarlett Spider is one of Sup Forumss national treasures.

>The best part is, it's not even bait
>le marveldrones
uh huh.

bait aside it was great until Loeb came in and waved his dick around making sure to ghost Kyle and Yost in lieu of fucking Man of Action

>Implying company wars shit isn't bait
Oh so you're just actually retarded. My mistake.

>Spectacular Spider-Man ends up an unintended casualty of the Disney acquisition, no one really wanted to cancel it, but the cost of continuing it wasn't justified; in the end, we got just under half of the total number of episodes they originally set out to make
>EMH is fantastic until Loeb comes in and buttfucks the continuity in favor of one-off episodes that can be aired/watched out of order because "lol kids are retards, who cares"
>We have multiple seasons of Avengers, Spider-Man, Hulk, and Guardians of the Galaxy cartoons, but they're all horrendously written and animated
>The only silver lining is an upcoming Ant-Man series starring Josh Keaton that will likely get canned after a few episodes and end up a hidden gem like Plastic Man and Amythyst of Gem World
Why is modern Marvel animation the most tragic shit ever?