Did someone blackmail Lucas into selling starwars?

I feel bad for him. I don’t think he wanted to sell I reckon he was blackmailed. Everything he said about wanting someone else to tell starwars stories sounds fake.

He always looks sad in interviews. What actually happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2012/11/04/donating-star-wars-billions-will-make-george-lucas-one-of-the-biggest-givers-ever/#714fb8ef2adb
youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_sHQlBj6U0M
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6HvnkkXswag
google.com.au/amp/observer.com/2017/08/george-lucas-new-star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-quotes/amp/
youtu.be/k3NXIPKEJs0?t=4m27s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EBuOHM51YdI
youtube.com/watch?v=6jWtbJxzGpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the jews got to him

>got to him
bro...

Anally inserted the wrong mouse.

pedophilia is based though.

Probably doesn't trust his kids to manage his estate well. Better he gets a big payout for them now then let them get tricked down the line

No, but he was deceived by this cunt who was working for Disney against him. She's been pretending she always loved the Prequels and THX. Spielberg knew about this woman but he didn't warn his "old friend". Spielberg put JJ Abrams in charge of the jewification of Star Wars. Now, it's all about making big bucks while corrupting the youth with their degenerate destructive narrative. When they want to destroy a nation, they push "female rights", for this franchise they're using the same formula.

He sold it for way too little, Disney made it all back in about 1 movie including merchandising

Lucas was always adamant that the saga ended with Jedi even tho he has ideas for a sequel trilogy he never planned to make them himself. I believe what as going to happen is he wanted to hand pick the directors himself. Not by a coeporate overlord.

Why he sold to Disney we may never know the actual reason. Did somebody have dirt on him and told him to sell or else? Maybe. It’s all hypothetical at this point.

Reminder that 4 Billion for LucasFilm (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Skywalker Sound, Industrial Light & Magic) is robbery in broad daylight.

>Why he sold to Disney we may never know the actual reason
Because they have the most money to offer?

What the fuck do you think happened? All the whining and fit throwing by you faggot neckbeard fan boys over the prequels broke his spirit. He said this himself.

He probably just wanted to get rid of all this crap seeing how he donated the money to a charity.

>marries a nigger
>sells star wars to the kikes

Maybe he wanted the material used but knew he didn't have the creativity to do it anymore. Disney doesn't either, unfortunately, but that could be it.

You guys do know that he donated all the money to charity?

forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2012/11/04/donating-star-wars-billions-will-make-george-lucas-one-of-the-biggest-givers-ever/#714fb8ef2adb

This is the hilarious thing
>shit all over Lucas for years
>he fucks off
>o-oh no sorry George-san we love you
Fucking nerds

youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

He was always anti-establishment so it wouldn't be entirely surprising.

Based Lucas

Don’t you think it’s strange tho? All those years he wa so certain the sequel trilogy would never be made then he suddenly has this life changing epiphany and decides to sell to Disney.

In the interview with Kathleen Kennedy following the announcement the way he talks about her sounds like it may have been in part because I’d her.

I think he was banging her and she got the idea in his head and he was stabbed in then back. He probably woke up the next day thinking we’d have I done.

Why is this kinda sad?

GREAT SHOT KID, THAT WAS ONE IN A MILLION!

Of course he was blackmailed, he even called out the Disney jews as the 'white slavers' which pretty much shows how pissed he was.

He thought people cared about him or wanted him on camera but realize they didn't

He actually wrote stories for 7-8-9 and had spin-offs ideas. they threw everything in the garbage bin onced they took control. kathleen Kennedy is a wicked witch, she tricked him into believing they would use his stories. Secretely she wanted to do a feminist supremacy movie. George sold it at bargain price so that Disney execs wouldn't shit a film every year to get the money back, they had enough security to make a film every 2-3 year. George got jewed by jews, plain and simple.

back to inforwars with you

Yea if anyone stabbed in the back it was wicked Kathleen. She took the base of his outlines for the sequel trilogy butchered them and turned them into feminist propaganda.

George should write a "totally not star wars"-movie where the Empire is slowly infiltrated by a tribe of traveling merchants who begin to undermine the rulers until the Empire puts them in camps

Who knows what was the original treatment from George. It is entirely possible that Disney kikes recognized themselves in the process.

I think Disney have taken a lot more inspiration from George’s outlines than we know but George isn’t allowed to say anything publicly. In fact I bet they retooled it to suit a female lead. But Lucas will never be allowed to confirm anything so he made up the bs about them scrapping his ideas.

Lucas went from gushing over the sale 3 - 4 years ago to calling Disney 'White Slavers' after his treatments were tossed.

I suspect they deceived him, and ... at some stage a line was crossed where it was said "Look, we're doing ___ in the Sequel Trilogy", and it might be things George fundamentally wouldn't do - things that retroactively reshape 'his' movies.

lol, what a retard.

Considering how much of a remake of ANH bits of ESB and Anakin from TPM TFA is, I don't think they kept anything from George's story. However it's possible they kept some visual things like the locations or the knights of Ren. What is sure is that Disney has been bullshiting about why they dropped his stories, they said it was about teens. Well TFA is about teens so they're just lying. They were obsessed with making more money than the originals so they thought they could achieve this by catering to the female audience.

They're turning the frogs gay!

>They're turning the frogs gay!
Not frogs, only Star wars characters

>make billions off of franchise you built
>return to make prequels
>have full creative freedom to pursue your vision
>go from being beloved by all to hated by manchildren who want only the same things forever
>get called one of the worst directors of all time for the next decade
>get shit on for trying to do something different with your universe for years
>"fuck it I've made billions, if the manchildren want product they'll get it"

Do an iota of research; there is no evidence he actually gave any of it to any charity.
Which if anything else makes the whole situation funnier. Fuck donating billions to overhead criminals.

He absolutely had to of been blackmailed. He fucking sold lucasfilms, with fucking STARWARS, and Indiana jones for a measly 4 billion??

4 Fucking billion? For some of the biggest popculture icons ever created? How else besides some shady stuff could something like that happen?

Oh yeah?
I'll do an itoa of research once yo suck my dick bitch.

It's entirely the fault of redlettermedia and the other complainers. If it wasn't for them Lucas would've done a new trillogy involving the Yuuzhan Vong.

Maybe he's got enough money by now and was really sick and tired of SW. I mean he was getting shit on for a good numbers of years by angry nerds.

Actually he got half the money in stocks, which means he already doubled his amount. But it's still underpriced. I think he didn't want them to feel pressured to make the money back quick. But he undersetimated the greedy kikes of Disney, they took his babies at bargain price and still made them work hard to make the quickest buck in the history of show business. They're shitting a SW movie every year, the Nah Solo is coming only 6 months after TLJ. Greedy kikes.

I wish he wasn't so dejected when he sold it. Maybe then he would have stipulated for him to have some creative power over the new shit.

Those two being gay actually makes the movie make more sense at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=_sHQlBj6U0M

most of the payment was disney shares!
so, if disney does well he does too.

You can tell those are his wife's words

>he was deceived by this cunt who was working for Disney against him.

I believe there was blackmail, but not enough to actually force the sale. So they needed Kathleen Kennedy. Once they brought Lucas to the table with the threat of extortion, they used Kennedy to push him over the edge and convince him that selling would be the best move:
>Think of your legacy
>Think of the fans who'd be disapointed
>You're getting up in there in age, and to be honest, you can't rely on your children to manage your company after you're gone.
>Sell Lucasfilm to Disney, put me in charge. Unofficially, you'll still have creative control. I promise.
>Trust me.

After the sale went through, Lucas realized that he had been betrayed. Kathleen Kennedy was loyal to Disney and had no intention of keeping him involved. Everyone should watch the ABC interview between Lucas and Kennedy, which took place after the sale. Lucas comes across as pleading, defeated and miserable. Kennedy appears smug, confident and in control.

Some people claim Lucas sold for the money. This is a weak argument since $4 billion was a low-ball offer and Lucas gave the proceeds to charity immediately after the sale.

Some people claim Lucas sold in order to stick it to annoying fans. This argument is weak because Lucas was never bothered by negative fan reactions before.

Lucas built and spent his career oppossing the Hollywood studios system and repeatedly stated he would never sell or give up creative control to Star Wars. Yet here we are. When Bob Iger became CEO if Disney in 2005, he told the board that he would pursue an aggressive acquisition campaign that included Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm. 7 years later, he had George Lucas accepting the deal he swore he'd never even consider.

fuck off degenerate

>catering to the female audience.

Disney is making a hard pivot in marketing the Star Wars brand. They'll say something along the lines of "We want to bring the magic of a Galaxy Far Far Away to new and diverse audiences". But that's corporate for "We want to double our target demographic by making the brand appealing to girls."
Part of this pivot is the obvious inclusion and elevation of female characters (Rey, Jyn, Sabine, Iden, Rose, Kira) and including girls in product commercials.
A less obvious part is shedding the image of Star Wars as being the domain of autistic boys fussing over the details of the universe and technology. This is done more subtly: decanonizing the EU, redefining the nature of the Force, and diminishing the importance of the OT and PT.

Trying to attract new (casual) fans to an established franchise can be challenging and Disney doesn't want their new female demographic put off by a backlog of games and books because:
A) that media is already in circulation.
B) that much lore presents a steep learning curve to new fans.

It's not fun to be constantly corrected by "Well, Actually..." or to have your nerd cred measured based on encyclopedic knowledge of obscure facts from the Expanded Universe.
So Disney solved this challenge by negating and replacing the EU. Now when a nu-fan is confronted by an obscure fact
>(the Rebel mission to steal the Death Star plans involved Kyle Katarn and Havet Storm. It took place on Toprawa. Facet Anamor was the daughter the superweapon's designer: Druth)
they just chuckle "lol, Nope, non-canon"
>(now the Rebel mission to steal the Death Star plans involved Captain Cassian, took place on Scariff, and Jyn Erso is the daughter of the superweapon's designer: Galen)
This levels the playing field. Signaling a high level of fandom today simply requires buying into the latest line of merchandise or keeping up to date on the latest trickle of hints and sneak peaks carefully released by the studio.

Wasn't he going to be story consultant but they immediately told him to fuck off?

Isnt this the script for Tomorrowland

Ah man Ive watched this interview and theres something really OFF with it like shes holding a gun to his head or something

yes kathleen basically shut him out, she needs to go , i hope something comes out about her or smething fucks her up because shes is a fucking bitch

of course that reason is bullshit, but that doesn't mean he got blackmailed. he got offered a shitload of money and realised no one liked the prequels so trying to reboot the franchise himself would be a failure. it's not really that complicated user

>hey here's a gorillion dollars to let us take this franchise you can't do anything with any more off your hands

also this

Lucas wasn't blackmailed; he was sick of Star Wars. Not just the fans, the EVERYTHING. Despite being objectively one of of the most successful directors of all time, his baby brought him nothing but pain, and the entire world decried his intended magnum opus as hot garbage. So he said "fuck it" and gave it to Disney because why not, they're already doing that marvel crap, they might as well do thus too. Then he instantly went on to regret it.

Despite acting like an autist, Lucas is prone to fits of extreme emotion - under the neutral exterior he's a broking turmoil. This is evident when you really go back and watch him in old interviews. He did the Disney deal in an emotional fit at the height of his "shed my baggage" phase where he donated most of his cash.

Does anyone have his outlines? I know luke was going to be super powerful and wise and have a daughter

>I feel bad for him
please kill yourself. and take him with you, end his misery if you care that much

Link?

He was on board as creative advisor. But once they told him they didn't want his stories and went for a reboot for feminists he walked off. Disney wanted to keep as creative advisor in the credits so that they could pretend he was involved in this shit, eventually blame him for everything that's wrong, they wanted his seal of approval to shut up his fans. By George ain't a fool, he walked off and said publicly he doesn't have anything to do with this garbage. Fuck Kathleen kennedy

Can I get links about them backstabbing him with story ideas? Is there an interview with George?

yea there's a couple im trying to locate the ABC one right now, theres another based one with how Lucas originally took 100% of the Star Wars franchise which pissed them off which is why even though it took them 30 years they stole it back off him

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6HvnkkXswag

>He always looks sad in interviews. What actually happened?

take a fucking guess

Mark seems to avoid the topic of Disney in general, he really got along with the director that was fired for Abrams wonder how he feels about the whole Lucas thing

is this OC?

great take, I haven't heard it before and it makes perfect sense

would make a good click bait video desu

google.com.au/amp/observer.com/2017/08/george-lucas-new-star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-quotes/amp/

She sounds like an absolute cunt

So hes sad because hes a moron who burned every bridge he ever had, ended up alone, and alone was unable to do anything of worth or value to anyone?

he still hasn't come to terms with the fact that he's a terrible filmmaker. can't blame us for that.

this is just made up smear. he left because they didn't want to use his story so he said fuck it and cut ties cleanly.

He is pro-diversity and at this point doesn't really care about where star wars goes because he's not part of it any more. According to a Wired profile he still whispers stuff to Kathleen advising her on some stuff but she can't divulge what.

It's probably shit like the journal of the Whills which comes from George's early drafts.

he's such a moron that even someone supremely intelligent like you find the time and energy to post about him on a taiwanese weabo board

I think he was visibly disappointed by the prequels being hated so much and the hate spewed towards him and so he gave Star Wars away as a big "FUCK YOU" to us. You can quite clearly see it in the interviews he did - he couldn't even hide how unhappy he was with selling it. Also he probably expected Disney to follow his outline for the new trilogy, but he made the grave mistake of trusting a kike like Kennedy.

Yes he clearly says he was in tune with Trevorow. I like how he praised everyone except JJ Abrams. He mentioned several times that Lucasfilm calls him when he says stuff that isn't politically correct. I'm pretty sure KK and Disney hate him and can't wait to get rid of him.
youtu.be/k3NXIPKEJs0?t=4m27s

fuck off disney

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EBuOHM51YdI

lmao stay triggered. George isn't some sacred cow. you don't have to whiteknight him. all he did was leave and now you're headcanon is in overdrive.

so you basically have no proof but psychotic conspiracy theories based on body language. got it.

Good dubs. Good post.

>According to a Wired profile he still whispers stuff to Kathleen advising her on some stuff but she can't divulge what.
She can't divulge that yet she is the one that spread that lie. KK is a notorious liar, she said George saw TFA and liked it before it was released. Yet george never said he liked this garbage and we know he hates that shit, TFA represents all he always fought against. This alone proves she's a lying cunt.

Even though I hate all that merchandising shit (and I believe the books are nothing more than merchandising for autists) I also hate when things get the lowest common denominator treatment, added with a political agenda.

>I like how he praised everyone except JJ Abrams
he was praising each CHANGE in directors. JJ was the first from this new trilogy. he wasn't a change in director.

he also said he likes Kathy which I'm sure triggers the anti-Disney shills.

I made it and saved it to be my own personal pasta, since I was tired of constantly having to re-explain why Star Wars feels so different. The feminist aspect is only half the picture. The root motivation behind disney's decisions regarding Star Wars is vast, cool, unsympathetic greed.

>he also said he likes Kathy which I'm sure triggers the anti-Disney shills.
It didn't sound sincere, he put her name along the others not to single her out. i don't think any decent person likes this nosy bitch.

>I have treatments for 7, 8 and 9

Jesus his shit would have actually been better than what we got I bet, knowing what he said about Luke in the sequel trilogy it would have been better

I can't even finish the 2nd video goddamn its too depressing

these are edited where are the full 1hour long segments where she stops him talking about certain things, fucking bitch

The mouse always wins goy

holy fuck she is the biggest fucking liar

>george's job is to be there so we can ask would this character do that or does this make sense in the rules of the universe

Pretty much this. Lucas has first hand experience of what happens when you deviate from the 4-6 formula. He really couldn't do anything with it anymore so he sold it. Disney knows this as well which is why they are making movies that are very very close to the originals.

No sure why people have to do the conspiracy shit when real reason is pretty obvious.

I honestly can't find the full interview. Really makes you think.

It's interesting to listen to here. She's a real rattle snake, she knows exactly what people want to hear, and she gives them a sense of security by telling them just that while in reality she's doing the exact opposite, a real wicked witch.

I think he made the decision himself, he just didn't think about it long and hard enough and now he regrets it.

Yup. I always thought prequels were very good. Didn't get all the autistic hate it gets. These retards deserve 100 years of Disney.

anyone else feel like the prequels are absolutely shit, but have some character to them?

I'd watch them over the new ones simply because they were the vision of one man. a boardroom full of execs and a checklist is not how good movies are made

To be fair, people started suspecting the man was a moron with the special editions.

full charlie rose interview

youtube.com/watch?v=6jWtbJxzGpQ

I don't think they wanted the same thing forever they just wanted something good. Different =/= good automatically.

>anyone else feel like the prequels are absolutely shit, but have some character to them?
Yes, that's part of where the "the prequels were actually good!" memes stem from. It's ironic that the prequels were the result of the unchallenged vision of one man whereas nu-Wars is the most corporate-approved, safe, inoffensive storyline ever put to the silver screen. At least the prequels are interesting to watch in a train-wreck sort of way.

Actually I believe he had good plans for the sequels but he felt rusty and was scared to fuck it up. He decided to make prequels first just to be sure he could do it again. And if they were bad, at least they didn't harm the OT. Now Disney fucked the sequels big time and it hurts the OT. You will never get a decent sequel trilogy now, it's over.