Can DC just invent a new black guy superhero so they can stop shoving this faggot into everything?

People have been not liking Cyborg since the early 80's. Just putting him front and center in everything for thirty years never changed that.

Should they just try over again and make up some new iconic black guy superhero then stick him on the league?

They haven't had any bird people on the JLA since Hawkgirl left a while back. Why not a flying black man? Call him Blackbird or something.

He could be the modern Zauriel

They have black heroes they could use instead (Mr Terrific, Vixen, Bumblebee, recently Black Lightning). They just choose not to.

why not just black bolt

I don't get why they don't use John Stewart. When that ass Green Lantern movie was coming out everyone I knew was wondering why they made him white. You gotta cash in on what people know.

Save Cyborg for the Teen Titans movie because that could make a bundle too.

I'm not super ontop of Hawkman lore, but aren't they ancient Egyptian aliens or something?
I feel like making Hawkman a black guy wouldn't upset a whole lot of people desu (though the SJWs might get upset that a black guy is a big buff angry brute).

Incidentally, anyone have that one short comic where Hawkman saves a plane from hijackers? Literally all I remember is a scared little girl looking out the window and seeing him just perched on the wing, grinning at her and holding his finger to his mouth.

>mfw

They could retcon Icon into being a martian or something and use him again. He is league tier

>'professional' comic book writers
>not creatively bankrupt
Pick one.

I liked the idea of John being the league lantern.

While Hal was the solo series lantern and Kyle/Guy were the GLC team book lanterns. Why they had to fuck that up I have no idea.

Wasn't he the only character that appeared in every episode of that series?

They could use Icon but he's too similar to Superman power wise, nobody knows who he is and good luck making a film with a staunchly right wing Black character in this current political climate, even if he is an illegal alien. They could use Static but he's too young and Flash in this seems to be the wisecracking young one, he'd be redundant in that role.

They could use John Stewart but WB doesn't even want to bring up the memory of Green Lantern at this point. They probably should have just made Martian Manhunter a Black guy when in human form but people would just complain about them relegating the Black guy role to a B-lister shapeshifter who's just pretending to be Black. They probably don't think Black Lightning could work headlining the Justice League, so that leaves Cyborg as the only one left with any significant media exposure or fanbase who can hit their forced diversity quota because he's part robot.

Northwind

DC isn't very smart.

Make John Jones black. J'onn already has a black alter ego in Supergirl so it's not a stretch. Problem solved.

Even Steel doing his black Iron Man thing is a bit more creative than Cyborg.

You can't just make something iconic right out of the gate. That's been the problem with all these writers trying to shove the next big thing down audience threats since well before any of us were born.

That is Kyle Baker's Hawkman story for Wednesday Comics.

For some reason Baker decided to do a 180 from his fantastic cartooning as seen in Plastic Man and literally just use poser. It looks disgusting.

>but WB doesn't even want to bring up the memory of Green Lantern at this point.

Don't they have a movie coming in a couple of years?

they should have used Black Lightning or Bublebee

at least we wont get crappy cgi in a movie lol

He's just a Superman clone, though. Like, J'onn has his shapeshifting and psychic powers to differentiate him from Clark, but literally just another Superman analogue on the main League wouldn't work.

Mr. Terrific, Black Lightning or Vixen would be great. Any one of them.

Michael Holt gives you a very nice hard counterpoint character to Batman.

Jefferson Pierce is arguably the most down-to-earth member of the League. A former principal of an underfunded inner-city school, he would provide a very valuable viewpoint for this team of gods, be able to handle himself well in any combat situation, and, y'know, actually be a mature, put-together sane adult.

Vixen gives an international perspective, connection to The Red and other mysticism stuff, and is also a woman to boot for that diversity rounding out.

Leave the identity crisis stuff to Robotman.

Honestly this too.

Cyborg was too old for the Teen Titans a LONG time ago. It's about time he got promoted.

Also the white and grey provide a nice color combination none of the rest of the main leaguers have.

John Stewart? He was in the cartoons so he should have been much more identifiable with the JL.

Sup Forums throws a bitch fit whenever they put a black character in anything, but with Cyborg, it's they're really only putting in like one fourth or less of a black guy so it's a compromise really

Black Lightning would seem too "similar" to Elektro for normie audiences.

No. New minority characters are scary and threatening. Also hard to make interesting.

Black Lightning's getting a CW series, so maybe he'll muscle Cyborg out of DC's Top Black spot for a bit.

>Bublebee

Electric powers aren't that cool anyways. It's so common and basically boils down to blue lightning blasts.

>While Hal was the solo series lantern and Kyle/Guy were the GLC team book lanterns. Why they had to fuck that up I have no idea.

That was a good status quo.
And then they made Kyle Ion again just to exile him to a shitty solo mini that ended with him getting Parallaxed.

I have been arguing this for years.

There is basically nothing to lose in making the Martian Manhunter a black guy in his civilian identity.

>Michael Holt gives you a very nice hard counterpoint character to Batman.

Mr. Terrific is rich, smart and successful. Why not use him.

Except the whole angle of J'onn having dozens of civilian identities.

He has had a main one though.

John Jones. He's a detective.

We had John Stewart but movie executives couldn't stomach BLACKing a traditionally white hero, even if an entire generation of kids grew up knowing him as THE Green Lantern. So this is their piss-poor attempt to paper over the situation and I guess we deserve it for letting them do this to us.

I laughed.

Cyborg's inclusion in the Justice League makes sense. There have been far worse members. Just stop making everything about race you turd.

I don't get why they made movie Cyborg's armor chrome instead of white. Isn't everything futuristic supposed to look like an iPod?

I'm okay with someone foregoing Apple's stupid minimalist aesthetic for once

Everything high-tech doesn't need to look like a future bathroom fixture

You can blame it on Geoff Johns. There was no way he would shaft Hal for any other Lantern, plus if I recall he loved Galactic Guardians and that help shaped his JL.

they need a tech robot character thats not an superman parodyto counter Ironman

unless you can suggest a better one we are stuck with cyborg since hes like Iornman + Vision

Batman in the beyond suit with motherbox technology would have been okay
or Blue Beetle tech suit

but they still want him to be a depowerd ninja

>Should they just try over again and make up some new iconic black guy superhero then stick him on the league?
Considering that I'm not really super crazy about most of DC's black superheroes, I'd be ecstatic about this.

I'd rather Cyborg look like an iPod than a fucking Bayformer.

>People have been not liking Cyborg since the early 80's
Don't people like TT Cyborg you posted there?

>I'm not super ontop of Hawkman lore, but aren't they-
Yes, the answer is yes. It's also no.
Hawkman's backstory is by far the most complex in all of comics.

It's not hard to make it interesting.

Just throw everything associated with it in too. Give them shit like hacking powers and control over magnetism.

No, because they need a jobber with neat powers that's relatably human, but not so much that he can't take one or two hits from a threat before the main character steps into the fight.

Why do people hate Cyborg ? He's cool.

Or you know, Zauriel. Just make his skin black as he takes "human form".

Steel is fine but once Superman is back there will be two guys with the S shield. And don't even suggest that shitty non-inspired by Supes version of Steel.

That's not something I see them bothering to use in a film adaptation. Screen time is limited, and establishing multiple human alter egos, unless he's using them to infiltrate somewhere, seems like a narrative dead end.

He looks like a piece of crumpled up tinfoil. DEtail for the sake of detail does not make it look super advanced.

Was Zauriel a success, in something DC quickly made up to replace Hawkman for a JLA lineup?

And I guess as a winged guy who was closer to the Superman, WW, MM, Flash powerlevel.

JESUS CHRIST, THANK YOU.

I know Geoff Johns is fucking gay for him, but Cyborg is a waste of space everywhere except the Teen Titans, and even then, he should just be the tech guy.

Why not Martian Manhunter. He basically Black anyway despite being green

>yfw the only time anyone liked Cyborg was when he put on a Grandma voice

You know you're fucked as a character when your most entertaining appearances were on Teen Titans Go.

Bumblebee, like Cyborg, belongs on the Titans.
DC needs to embrace the lack of diversity on their big 7 instead of running from it. Stop the revisionist nonsense. Honestly, if they wanted to completely bastardize a black character's origin to put him on the League, Steel would have been much more interesting.

You forgot Donna Troy, you pleb.
Though, I find it hilarious Donna Troy is so unpopular. People forget she exists. Wolfman ruined his own waifu.

>Cyborg belongs to the Titans
You can easily identify newfags and people who've never read TT or NTT when they say this.

Daily reminder that Teen Titans Cyborg is the only good Cyborg. Really, what is wrong with having a Cyborg that is just a happy good instead of yet another sack of sadness

Comic Cyborg has always been a mopey downer

Does Cyborg control electricity?

This. Teen Titans Cyborg was great

It's a stretch, but I think you could say he technically falls under the "black guy with electricity-based powers" category

Eh I would be okay for Cyborg to be in the league if they acknowledged him being a titan, it was a big part of his character. Hell the Titans tower was funded by his dad so they'd hang out with his freak son. They could have gotten MM with a black earth identity, he could have filled the role of Tech guy

>Why do people hate Cyborg ?
Overexposure for the most part. Dude I love Cyborg, but they're other characters who don't get nearly enough time to shine.

That's the problem with electric powers. If you get down to the root of how they work, you quickly realize anyone who has them has the capacity to be a literal god. Literally able to transmute energy into matter and vice versa.

But it's not like Wolverine or Batman overexposure, where the characters have a shitload of fans and are everywhere from popularity.

Cyborg is just forced into everything because DC needs a black face in their teams and he is it. He has no solo history, no villains, no major arcs, so supporting characters, nothing. He is literally there only to fill the minority quota.

Not that I have ever seen, that's more Black Lightning's territory. He created a costume that lets him shoot electricity at people.

If he made it to Livewire levels he would be league tier.

Cyborg is just a robot man with no specific skills. Lately they have been trying to make him half mother box just to make him higher up the power level scale to match most of the JLA. But Lex has been doing that too and doing it a lot better.

Because this is real life and not cartoons

>Actually suggesting Blue Beetle

To me, Cyborg has always been, and will always be, a TITAN.

Why can't they just use Martian Manhunter instead of Cyborg?

Are Snyderfags really this stupid?

Who says this cyborg isn't happy? We barely saw anything of him in the trailer.

Is Black Lightning still a thing?

>Snyderfags
>Literally asked why he can't get a cartoon version of the character in real life

>He has no solo history, no villains, no major arcs, so supporting characters, nothing. He is literally there only to fill the minority quota.
You can say that for a lot of characters people are suggesting. You can say that for a lot of characters there have been in JLI, JLE and JLA as well. Most people hate Cyborg's inclusion because comic fans are autistic and adverse to change. A lot of people in this thread are even suggesting that Cyborg be deaged and placed in TT. Honestly, it should be the reverse. They should age up BB and Raven and disband the shitty franchise known as TT. He's not even overexposed with just one solo, and only since the past year and a half and he isn't even on the forefronts of the JL comic.

>He has no solo history, no villains, no major arcs, so supporting characters, nothing

Which is why DC is trying to give him those things, which could potentially go wrong, but at least they're making an effort not to push the same heroes they've been pushing for 70 years with absolutely no alternatives.

Seeing a skilled writer explore Cyborg's potential is at least as interesting as Batman fighting the Penguin for the 700,000th time.

Do chill and happy people not exist in real life?

Cartoon posting in comic threads should be banned.

Fuck off to Sup Forums, retard

Movie posting in a comic and cartoon board should be banned

His story is that he was a football star whose career got cut short cause his dad was fiddling around with alien tech. He has no reason to be le happy 24/7 man.

FACT: People who are mad at DC "forcing" Cyborg are waifufags who only got into DC via the Teen Titans cartoon and are thinking Cyborg is stealing focus that could go to their parodies of Raven or Starfire instead

>Implying I go on Sup Forums
>Implying you're not livid right now cause I called you out on your stupidity

This x 100

Most are reddit posters too.

>got superpowers
>friend of the most powerful, popular and loved people on earth
He has no reason to not be happy 24/7

> He has no reason to be le happy 24/7 man.

I'm getting tired of you Snyder acolytes claiming that people wanting lighthearted characters just want fun all the time in every scene with no dramatic or serious moments whatsoever.

You're right, we've never had a movie that had lighthearted moments or characters and drama at the same time, it was actually mandated by law that it can never happen back in the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Lol he has a tragic story, and they have Barry there as comic relief. Calm down dummy.

FACT: People who likes Snyder movies are memeposters and kids who only got into DC via Sup Forums KINO posting

>Lol he has a tragic story

And? So he's going to cry and whine forever?

>and they have Barry there as comic relief

He doesn't need to be comic relief, he can be a character who has more then one emotional state even if Snyder finds writing that impossible.

You still crying you don't get a 1:1 adaptation of "HIT THE SHOWERS" is hilarious and makes you the baby here.

By that logic, Spider-Man should be a brooding anti hero instead of a wbeslingers with quips.

>they have Barry there as comic relief.

Ah, yes. Barry. The one who's dad is in prison for murdering his mom, and who is perpetually traumatized by an asshole from the future, because Geoff Johns is the real life version of Hunter Zolomon.

>calls other people babys
>throwing a fit because other people have differing opinions

I didn't throw a fit anywhere.

This is you btw calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a "Snyder acolyte":

When did he ever imply that?