I recently rewatched Ozzy and Drix and I really want to know if there's anything he can't fight or how the environment...

I recently rewatched Ozzy and Drix and I really want to know if there's anything he can't fight or how the environment would change. Like can Osmosis Jones beat cancer? Dude beaten tapeworms, hypothermia, and nicotine addiction.

Cancer would just look like a normal guy to them wouldnt it? Why would he fight a normal guy.

How would a personified cancer work?

Cell who turns other cells into mutant clones of himself.

How would he deal with AIDS?

it would probably be double agents sabotaging the immune system, or mass hysteria and witch hunts on who is infected.

Normal-looking cells reproducing like rabbits. The white blood cells don't see them as a problem until the organ ends up looking like Detroit and has to be removed. By then, the Detroit organ has become so overpopulated that they've already spilled into other organs and began reproducing there.

I enjoyed the Ozzy & Drix show as a kid but was slightly disappointed that the grimy, urban, "adult" feel of the Osmosis Jones movie was lost in the show which was more cheesy and kid-friendly.

you're interacting with it right now

Wasn't there a mutant cell in one episode that they got rid of?

The thing that bugged me about the show was that it opened with a bad end. Bill Murray's character is stuck as a complete slob.

Zombie cells

the closest thing I can remember are the fat cells that try to clog an artery or Mitosis Jones an evil twin.

He probably can't do shit if he body gets really fucked up, like losing an arm or bring in a bad car crash.

>tfw this cartoon had two fucking mpreg episodes

Also, you'd think instead of confusing kids on how cells are supposed to fuck in this world, they'd just use another drix pill for an evil clone plot.

Same.

>he fell back on old habits despite his attempt to change at the end of the film
>his daughter couldn't bear to see him kill himself so she just left him
>he got so depressed he lost his job at the zoo
>when Ozzy and Drix jumped ship to a younger body the only thing holding back his imminent death left his immune system forever
>they only found his body six seeks later after neighbors started complaining about the smell
>feral cats had started playing with the rotting chunks of his body and scattered them around the house
>they never did find his cock

I actually had an email correspondence with the director of the movie, Tom Sito, and he explained why Frank is back to being a slob in the show.

Marc Hyman, the guy who wrote the movie, also wrote the show. But he didn't pull a George Lucas by not re-watching his own own work. Rather, since the movie was a failure at the box office, Warner Bros. instructed Mr. Hyman to write as though he was starting fresh for the show. That's why Frank is a still a slob, why Leah is gone, why Scarlet Fever seemingly replaced Thrax, why Drix is a bit more naive than he was in the movie, etc.

A pretty lame reason, but there you go.

Could I get a link to the tapeworm episode? Sounds intredasting.

I never really got too into this show, but I was always bothered by the fact that

>movie ends with Frank nearly dying
>he lives
>decides to turn his eating habits around for his daughter
>Episode 1 of the show
>just kidding, he's a slovenly fat fuck again

The stuff he'd do just to keep him from dying or getting any worse in a situation like that would be really important, though.

See

Kinda weird. Like, I can maybe understand wanting to disassociate yourself from a box office bomb, but to do it in a way that reversed the ending of the film?

Bill Murray's character wasn't just out of shape. That dude straight up almost died without the help of Ozzy, so what's gonna happen without him?

Come to think, if there was a transplant like a limb transplant, it would be a real challenge for the white blood cells to accept the new arm.

Yeah, I hated that. Made the entire point of the movie feels pointless.

What if Ozzy and Drix is just an alternate continuity where the events of the movie never happened?

They also beat FUCKING LICE.

Still means the guy was a few hostress cakes away from a heart attack.

The most obvious explanation is that the show is in a separate continuity from the movie. But here's two nerdy explanations

1.) The scene in the show with Ozzy and Drix getting sucked out happened after Ozzy's award ceremony in the movie, but before Frank's hike with Shane in the movie. It didn't say how much time had passed between those scenes, and addictions do take a certain amount of time to kick.

2.) Shane died in an accident during the hike and Frank reverted back to his old habits as a coping mechanism.

It's a "We have to tolerate and accept the new kid but let's be irrationally intolerant for the first 20 minutes episode"

That's interesting, but so in that case is the movie not canon to the show?

>Bill Murray's character wasn't just out of shape. That dude straight up almost died without the help of Ozzy, so what's gonna happen without him?
He probably died.

However, I've heard that if the show continued, Ozzy and Drix would have possibly returned to Frank after Hector was finished maturing. And Maria, Dander, and Backseat would have come with them.

Clearly they were setting up the Osmosis Jones multiverse

Yeah, it's not. It was meant to be its own standalone thing.

>Osmosis Jones gets a TV series follow-up despite the movie bombing.
>Meanwhile Disney had a whole fucking franchise set for the movie they released the same year as OJ including a Disney park section and a cartoon series where they would meet the Gargoyles, only to throw them into the trash soon afterwards with the few episodes made being merged into one DTV movie.

Ozzy didn't actually beat Nicotine. Hector over came it himself.

Yes, Ozzy underwent mitosis and his double had four arms and was evil.

They threw him into a dog's mouth.

Was he really evil or was he just trying to do something like replace Ozzy?

Eh, he was a worthless sack of shit anyway. At least in the movie you had to emphasize with his daughter.

Looking back, it was interesting that Hector was more sympathetic, what with being a kid.

He stole a growth hormone to hold for ransom I think.

Osmosis Jones had the potential to be a great movie, but watching it I get a vibe of unfinishedness and wasted potential. Warner Bros ruined the movie by bringing in the Farrely brothers late in production, as well as not promoting the movie well and causing it to bomb at the box office.

The live-action scenes are rubbish and take up too much of what could've been animated scenes. For instance, Thrax is a cool villain but he barely gets to say anything, we don't get the time to learn his motives, his origins, or his sympathetic side because time is wasted on Bill Murray popping a zit.

And Leah and Ozzy abruptly become a couple at the end of the movie even though they only talked briefly a few times and we barely got to see their relationship develop. We could've had more scenes of her commitment to the job, her taking issue with Ozzy's irresponsibility, the Mayor being the block between them, etc.

Could've been a 9/10 movie, but due to executive meddling it came out as a 7/10, which ain't bad, but again, could've been better.

empathize, idiot.

this, yeah

Aw, that sucks.

kind of like the migrant crisis

Isn't Marc Hyman also a quack doctor who hosts a show on PBS?